PDA

View Full Version : Who are the current TRUE 2022 NBA championship contenders?

Street Hunger
11-19-2022, 11:24 PM
Who are the current TRUE 2022 NBA championship contenders?

And which NBA teams are PRETENDERS and off to good starts but will fade by playoff-time?

Full Court
11-20-2022, 12:09 AM
Who are the current TRUE 2022 NBA championship contenders?

And which NBA teams are PRETENDERS and off to good starts but will fade by playoff-time?

This is tough to assess this year. A lot of teams that were expected to be good are underperforming, and vice versa. It's hard to say if this is just an anomaly that will shake itself out later in the season or not.

For example, nobody saw the Warriors sitting at 11th seed 16 games into the season. And nobody saw the Blazers being on top of the West.

Milwaukee and Boston are both obvious contenders. The West is much more of a wild card. I think the Grizzlies will be a contender, and probably the Suns. Between the Warriors, Nuggets, Mavs, Jazz, Pelicans....who knows. I think the Kings could end up being the dark horse.

John8204
11-20-2022, 04:26 AM
East - Bucks, Raptors, Heat, Celtics
West - Suns, Pelicans, Warriors, Clippers

It's November but my hunch is Durant is moving with Toronto, Miami, Warriors, and Suns as the likely destinations

HylianNightmare
11-20-2022, 05:26 AM
Boston Phoenix and Milwaukee

Im so nba'd out
11-20-2022, 07:36 AM

It's November but my hunch is Durant is moving with Toronto, Miami, Warriors, and Suns as the likely destinations

Caaa ringe

rmt
11-20-2022, 10:49 AM
Depends on which teams are healthy come playoff time.

pandiani17
11-20-2022, 11:10 AM
Depends on which teams are healthy come playoff time.

You know what you are talking about. Like in 2003, when the team of the guy in your picture took advanatage of other team's players getting injuries.

Jasper
11-20-2022, 01:16 PM
OP every team in the league / nothing ever gets resolved until after x-mas.

People state Warriors as well as Heat (right now they suck worse than Orlando and Detroit)

Full Court
11-20-2022, 01:44 PM

Raptors??????

That's reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaally unlikely. But we'll see. It's a crazy season so far.

John8204
11-20-2022, 02:21 PM
Raptors??????

That's reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaally unlikely. But we'll see. It's a crazy season so far.

I'm looking at who is going to pay for Durant Toronto seems like the most likely option especially if they can also move Simmons and Kyrie.

Vino24
11-20-2022, 02:33 PM
Celtics doing damage for a stretch without there starting center Rob Williams and 6th man Malcom Brogdan. Celtics have the best offense in the league and their defense is starting to heat up. Have to go Celtics

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2022, 02:35 PM
I'm looking at who is going to pay for Durant Toronto seems like the most likely option especially if they can also move Simmons and Kyrie.

Ainge has the assets for Durant

Vino24
11-20-2022, 02:36 PM
Ainge has the assets for Durant

Ainge rather go younger because rebuild.

Xiao Yao You
11-20-2022, 02:38 PM
Ainge rather go younger because rebuild.

doesn't look like that is necessarily the case. If he thought Durant gave them a chance at a ring he might do it. I just want Clarkson gone!

ShawkFactory
11-20-2022, 02:48 PM
This is tough to assess this year. A lot of teams that were expected to be good are underperforming, and vice versa. It's hard to say if this is just an anomaly that will shake itself out later in the season or not.

For example, nobody saw the Warriors sitting at 11th seed 16 games into the season. And nobody saw the Blazers being on top of the West.

Milwaukee and Boston are both obvious contenders. The West is much more of a wild card. I think the Grizzlies will be a contender, and probably the Suns. Between the Warriors, Nuggets, Mavs, Jazz, Pelicans....who knows. I think the Kings could end up being the dark horse.

Maybe in the sense that they could make the playoffs and be competitive in the first round. But the Kings aren't an actual contender.

Fun to watch though.

Smook A.
11-20-2022, 03:09 PM
East: Bucks and Celtics
West: Suns, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Clippers, Warriors

West is a complete toss-up right now because so far, no team has been a complete outlier

Jasper
11-20-2022, 08:10 PM
Durant doesn't want to go back to the west unless its a viable contender.
He stays in EAST

Smook A.
11-20-2022, 11:58 PM
Durant doesn't want to go back to the west unless its a viable contender.
He stays in EAST

If Brooklyn fails to do anything this season again, I can definitely see KD requesting a trade and joining some stacked East team. One darkhorse team I think he can possibly join is the Blazers if he chooses to go West