View Full Version : Steven Adams is shooting 23.4% at the foul line

RRR3
11-23-2022, 06:51 AM
11-47, and 2 of his last 18 :lol

leading the league in offensive rebounds again

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SleepyLiquidBeauceron-size_restricted.gif

RRR3
11-23-2022, 10:43 AM
What does that have to do with the thread, doctorp?

probably don't need 2 steven adams threads

https://i.ibb.co/ZXsKs6Q/DWhl-UWp-XUAEJNw4-1.jpg

Jasper
11-23-2022, 07:54 PM
needs a shootin coach

Kblaze8855
11-24-2022, 10:29 PM
needs a shootin coach

Not unless the coach fixes mental issues because that’s the problem with literally every bad free-throw shooter I have ever been made aware of on the NBA level. Even the people we think can’t shoot would light anybody here up shooting 15 footers over our tightest D.

At the line in a real game it isn’t a skill problem. It’s in their head.

Jasper
11-25-2022, 12:01 AM
Not unless the coach fixes mental issues because that’s the problem with literally every bad free-throw shooter I have ever been made aware of on the NBA level. Even the people we think can’t shoot would light anybody here up shooting 15 footers over our tightest D.

At the line in a real game it isn’t a skill problem. It’s in their head.

Many mental tough free throw shooters have a system , that is check each and every time to increase the probability of making a free throw.
Perfect example is Karl Malone as well as Horazak. Big men Akeem as well as Ewing.
Most big men don't bend their knees to generate a rhythm... and guys like Adams who has been claimed to be the strongest man in the NBA, has to find
a system to make a shot soft.

Kblaze8855
11-25-2022, 12:08 AM
Yet every one of them could make dozens of 15 foot Hook shots if you asked them to with nothing on the line. All the advice they get about mechanics is trying to fix the problem that’s in their heads. Maybe the routine tries to take it out of their head but that’s where the problem lies. Wilt…. Shaq…Dwight. Playing around? All of them could shoot it at a decent rate. I remember the leak showing Dwight Howard shot 80 something percent in practice and somehow people couldn’t believe it. They’re all fine skill wise. Even the ugly form ones make them shooting around.

Avinash
11-25-2022, 12:08 AM
He is still alive? Feels like he is 40 now

Jasper
11-25-2022, 07:57 PM
Yet every one of them could make dozens of 15 foot Hook shots if you asked them to with nothing on the line. All the advice they get about mechanics is trying to fix the problem that’s in their heads. Maybe the routine tries to take it out of their head but that’s where the problem lies. Wilt…. Shaq…Dwight. Playing around? All of them could shoot it at a decent rate. I remember the leak showing Dwight Howard shot 80 something percent in practice and somehow people couldn’t believe it. They’re all fine skill wise. Even the ugly form ones make them shooting around.

pretty much you agree with me , a shooting coach can have them concentrate on a system , and throw out the negativity that causes a miss.