PDA

View Full Version : Krispy Kreme is the only doughnut to me.

Kblaze8855
11-28-2022, 11:37 AM
It’s the prototype and so far beyond any other I’ve had I can hardly acknowledge other versions. If someone tells me they are bringing doughnuts or ask if I want a doughnut my mind pictures Krispy Kreme and if it’s anything else it’s as if I’ve been lied to.

Now that I don’t work so I’m never in an office situation I almost never have one. I might have had 3 in 2022. I’m just not eating a different one. Every non Krispy Kreme doughnut I ever had let me down. They set the standard and everything else feels like a pretender.

Which brings me to my question….

What players are so synonymous with their stated play style…so unique…that all comparisons let you down?

I think I’ve had 2 tops but I’m only sure of one. Magic first. I’ve heard 10 people were the new Magic or were like Magic. Nobody has ever even been similar. Kobe at least reminded of the second 3 peat Jordan. Nobody has ever really looked, played, or moved like Magic even the other guys his size who were/are that mobile.

There is no new Magic.

I think for todays era that guy might be Steph going forward. There’s just never another one even while thousands of people are building their games to match his.

Trae might be closest we get for a while. Not the same level of shooter but as similar as we might see for a while. He actually had a better TS than Steph did last season though he’s started slow this year.

I can’t rule out another Steph with the sheer number of copycats coming behind him but the same was true of Magic.

Never arrived.

Is there anyone else? Any more “accept no substitutions” players you just don’t see being replicated?

RRR3
11-28-2022, 11:38 AM
Trae takes way less 3s and attacks the rim way more than Steph. He’s much more of a slasher.

tontoz
11-28-2022, 11:56 AM
One benefit of not going to the office is not having to deal with people bringing in doughnuts or other sweets. I have a bad sweet tooth and no sense of moderation so it was hard to get my weight down to where i wanted it to be. Working from home allowed me to finally reach the goal i had set for myself years ago.

At one point i was up near 220 and finally decided i needed to do something with my eating habits. My goal was 185 but i couldn't get there until after the lockdown.

To the player comparison Trae isnt very similar to Steph other than size. He is ball dominant, baits the refs a lot, attacks the rim more, doesn't run around without the ball, more of a playmaker...he is more of a mini-me version of Harden.

Kblaze8855
11-28-2022, 12:19 PM
Trae takes way less 3s and attacks the rim way more than Steph. He’s much more of a slasher.

which is why I said might be the closest. If he isn’t, who is? I’ve seen people say he doesn’t play like Steph 100 times but I’ve not seen one person list all the people who are more similar. Who am I missing?

tontoz
11-28-2022, 12:31 PM
which is why I said might be the closest. If he isn’t, who is? I’ve seen people say he doesn’t play like Steph 100 times but I’ve not seen one person list all the people who are more similar. Who am I missing?

Dame is more similar to Steph than Trae but still isn't that similar.

RRR3
11-28-2022, 12:37 PM
The guys most similar to Steph don’t score that much (ie his brother). He’s the only player of his archetype that scores that much which is why he’s unique.

Kblaze8855
11-28-2022, 01:58 PM
I’d say Dame has less of the craftiness and his brother is like comparing Ben Gordon or something. Too different level wise.

If Trae isn’t closest he’s second closest unless I’m forgetting a lot of people. And again my point isn’t that he’s the same. My point is nobody is the same. Much like nobody is Magic.

nineiron
11-28-2022, 03:26 PM
when i think about TRAVELLING, i think of Lebron James.

there are other (Giannis), but no one TRAVELS like the king of travelling.

StrongLurk
11-28-2022, 03:36 PM
I agree regarding KK when it comes to doughnut chains.

Spurs m8
11-28-2022, 03:54 PM
I'm honestly surprised

Krispy Kreme came to Australia a while ago now and when it did, it was supreme.

But since then, they have been surpassed by some locals

Akeem34TheDream
11-28-2022, 03:55 PM
Who tf was any close to Shaq? Most unique player ever imo.

Smook A.
11-28-2022, 03:56 PM
Krispy Kreme is only great when the donuts come out warm. Otherwise its whatever

The best donut chain is Shipley Donuts imo. They're only located in the south and there's so many in Houston

SouBeachTalents
11-28-2022, 03:57 PM
When thinking about other examples the only ones that came to mind were PF’s.

Rodman was my first choice, there’s simply never been anybody else like him. But then I was thinking the same thing about Dray, and I feel KG & Dirk are pretty unique in what they bring to the table/their style of play.

AlternativeAcc.
11-28-2022, 04:20 PM
Almost every mom n pop donut shop is superior to krispy Kreme. Krispy Kremes are overly sweet and lack substance. They have a candy taste and consistency. Absolute garbage!

Kblaze8855
11-28-2022, 05:02 PM
A doughnut isn’t supposed to make me full. It’s a treat. I don’t wanna be full after a doughnut any more than I wanna be full after a scoop of ice cream.

And if mom and pop places could make doughnuts like them…they would do it.

Turns out it’s hard to make them that light and perfectly textured. The giant, filling, tough ones? Anyone can make those.

AirBonner
11-28-2022, 05:06 PM
The best doughnuts are made by Asians.

Xiao Yao You
11-28-2022, 05:14 PM
Hostess jelly filled white powdered were the best. Don't know if they are still around

https://www.innit.com/public/products/images/00045000010017-ViGeC8UzLOjAovm-en-US-0_s500.jpg

Xiao Yao You
11-28-2022, 05:15 PM

the meat in/on pastries in China was strange

SaltyMeatballs
11-28-2022, 05:23 PM
Here in Phoenix the best donuts are Bosa Donuts. Way better than overrated Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts. Too bad they're only located in AZ

AirBonner
11-28-2022, 05:24 PM
If you like diarrhea on a conveyer belt go with krispy kreme

SaltyMeatballs
11-28-2022, 05:25 PM

True. And nothing beats those warm, fresh, fluffy strawberry iced donuts you find at those lowkey Asian donut shops. Makes me horny just thinking about them

tontoz
11-28-2022, 05:41 PM
Reminds me that the best ice cream I've had is from Brusters. If you can find a location near you i highly recommend it.

Kblaze8855
11-28-2022, 05:55 PM
Here in Phoenix the best donuts are Bosa Donuts. Way better than overrated Krispy Kreme and Dunkin Donuts. Too bad they're only located in AZ

I’ve never heard anyone say they like dunkin. Not relative to krispy kreme at least.

AlternativeAcc.
11-28-2022, 06:28 PM
A doughnut isn’t supposed to make me full. It’s a treat. I don’t wanna be full after a doughnut any more than I wanna be full after a scoop of ice cream.

And if mom and pop places could make doughnuts like them…they would do it.

Turns out it’s hard to make them that light and perfectly textured. The giant, filling, tough ones? Anyone can make those.

Who said anything about hard? And if one donut of any kind makes you full then you're not a man.

These guys know, it's all about the mom n pop Asian shops around town. Those are REAL donuts. Krispy Kremes are sold in Walmart for a reason. They're overly processed mass produced trash. Yeah yeah I know the ones in Walmart aren't fresh. The fresh ones are just slightly less trash.

tontoz
11-28-2022, 07:10 PM
As far as KK goes I like the cake ones, glazed blueberry and glazed chocolate. The standard ones are just meh to me.

Hey Yo
11-28-2022, 08:37 PM
Just give me a bag of Nickles Donut Fair 'glazed twirls' off the shelf and I'm good.

Kblaze8855
11-28-2022, 09:10 PM
Who said anything about hard? And if one donut of any kind makes you full then you're not a man.

These guys know, it's all about the mom n pop Asian shops around town. Those are REAL donuts. Krispy Kremes are sold in Walmart for a reason. They're overly processed mass produced trash. Yeah yeah I know the ones in Walmart aren't fresh. The fresh ones are just slightly less trash.

Capitalizing the word “real” doesn’t make something taste better, nor does it make it more legitimate. We are talking circles of fried dough full of and often covered in sugar. The place that makes these is up the street from me:

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2211290637570338.jpeg

Being a small business doesn’t make that any more “real” and it certainly isn’t good for you.

It’s all carbs. Sugar and starch. Covered in more sugar. Let not act like we are talking some pure upstanding food product vs some trash. It’s all trash. Eat any of it too often and you die.

Krispy Kreme just tastes better.

Kblaze8855
11-28-2022, 09:11 PM
As far as KK goes I like the cake ones, glazed blueberry and glazed chocolate. The standard ones are just meh to me.

I don’t need anything but the standard. I don’t like a lot of extra shit on a doughnut.

tontoz
11-28-2022, 09:26 PM
I don’t need anything but the standard. I don’t like a lot of extra shit on a doughnut.

There is nothing extra on there they are just made differently. Whenever I open up a box I look for the roughly shaped ones like the bottom left here.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20221128-202420.jpg

Kblaze8855
11-28-2022, 09:32 PM
I’m not opposed to those. I’ve had most of their menu over the years I’m sure but if I decide to go tomorrow I’d just get the 3 pack original and not think twice.

If it’s hot? Even better.

Maybe that’s a factor. You can’t get the other kinds hot and soft.

AirBonner
11-28-2022, 09:37 PM
I’m not opposed to those. I’ve had most of their menu over the years I’m sure but if I decide to go tomorrow I’d just get the 3 pack original and not think twice.

If it’s hot? Even better.

Maybe that’s a factor. You can’t get the other kinds hot and soft.

You can if you time it right. Nothing is better than the Asian doughnut shop up the road from me. Light fluffy with sugar on the outside. It’s perfect

Chick Stern
11-29-2022, 12:45 AM
KK sucks.

The best donut is a glazed buttermilk old-fashioned
and not those brick ones, it needs to be a ring
https://live.staticflickr.com/2929/14051450940_f600561785_n.jpg

Kblaze8855
11-29-2022, 10:25 AM
Had to do it.

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2211291951040371.jpeg

**** your set and the clique you claim if you don’t like it.

AirBonner
11-29-2022, 11:25 AM
Congrats on future bowel movements. Hopefully you didn’t go far out of your way for them

dankok8
11-30-2022, 12:00 PM
Tim Hortons or as we call it Timmy's used to have better donuts than KK but the quality has gone down recently.

Xiao Yao You
11-30-2022, 12:02 PM
Tim Hortons or as we call it Timmy's used to have better donuts than KK but the quality has gone down recently.

**** Canada!