PDA

View Full Version : Clyde Drexler or James Harden

Red Pill Sports
11-29-2022, 01:39 AM
Harden does have an MVP while Clyde has none (though he did finish runner-up in 1992.) And he is a better handler and passer.

Outside shooting is about the same, although Drexler has a clear edge in midrange and post ups while Harden just tosses up a bunch of threes.

While both had their share of shortcomings in the playoffs, Drexler can at least say he led his team to a Finals as the No. 1 whereas Harden cannot. And while Drexler definitely came up small versus MJ in the 1992 Finals, that failure pales in comparison to Harden's choke jobs. He has cornered the market on epic postseason failure.

Oh and Drexler was also a much better defender...though that's not saying much.

Yeah, my vote is Clyde

1987_Lakers
11-29-2022, 01:46 AM
Harden was the better player. He could score/create for himself at a level Drexler didn't.

Red Pill Sports
11-29-2022, 01:53 AM
I intended to make this a poll but I clicked "post" before I did. It won't give me the option of deleting

┌∩┐(﹒︠益﹒︡)┌∩┐
11-29-2022, 01:56 AM
I intended to make this a poll but I clicked "post" before I did. It won't give me the option of deleting

Good going guy

dankok8
11-29-2022, 11:24 AM
Blaming Harden for not making it to the finals is a weird criticism. Everyone knows the 2018 WCF was the real finals anyways and if CP3 doesn't get hurt, Rockets likely win.

I think this one goes to Harden. Not by a huge margin or anything because I like Drexlers's all-around game and intangibles but Harden is still clearly the better player.

TAZORAC
12-01-2022, 10:18 PM
PEAK HARDEN was one of the greatest pure scorers the league has ever seen.

You do the math

SATAN
12-01-2022, 10:21 PM
Harden has become underrated. His ref baiting is partly to blame though.

NBA 90s
12-01-2022, 10:26 PM
Blaming Harden for not making it to the finals is a weird criticism. Everyone knows the 2018 WCF was the real finals anyways and if CP3 doesn't get hurt, Rockets likely win.

I think this one goes to Harden. Not by a huge margin or anything because I like Drexlers's all-around game and intangibles but Harden is still clearly the better player.

I don't give Harden a pass for 2018. Even without CP3, they had a double digit lead in the 2nd half. They lost because they stubbornly kept shooting threes when they couldn't hit one to save their lives

NBA 90s
12-01-2022, 10:28 PM
PEAK HARDEN was one of the greatest pure scorers the league has ever seen.

You do the math

Harden's high scoring was a combination of extreme ref baiting, jacking up threes at a ridiculous volume, and rules designed to handcuff defenders.

NBA 90s
12-01-2022, 10:33 PM
Harden has become underrated. His ref baiting is partly to blame though.

A guy with a laundry list of epic playoff chokes cannot be considered "underrated."

Wally450
12-01-2022, 11:01 PM
Harden by 100 miles.

Lebron23
12-01-2022, 11:13 PM
James Harden

CountDracula
05-04-2024, 06:49 AM
https://i.ibb.co/YD4kPkX/7-CBE909-F-06-B2-42-FC-B1-EA-2-AA2-E641347-E.jpg (https://ibb.co/gvbTmTd)

https://i.ibb.co/rHxq8bs/A3-B6-EE6-A-EA24-42-AA-9-BA4-B17-E83-B3881-D.jpg (https://ibb.co/fHkZ68v)

https://i.ibb.co/7WjdwyL/B2-CA337-F-EF00-4992-87-AC-A847511095-D5.gif (https://imgbb.com/)

Jasper
05-04-2024, 10:16 AM
harden isn't even in chip clydes shadow

L.Kizzle
05-04-2024, 12:22 PM
Peak Harden is the better offensive player.
Is he a better player?
He's greater All-Time, but does mean he is a better basketball player?
Clyde is a better rebounder, passing may be equal. Clyde is a better defender.

BarberSchool
05-04-2024, 12:46 PM
Outside shooting is about the sameMy dude this has to be trolling.

Clyde barely shot threes.
Terry Porter was the Blazers 3pt shooter.
And even in the midrange, Drexler had the hilarious frog legs on all his midrange shots, and couldn’t shoot going to his left. Could practically not go left at all.

They’re vastly different players.

Clyde was bigger and much much more athletic.
James was far more skilled, and far far more shamelessly dishonest.

tpols
05-04-2024, 12:53 PM
Harden was the better player. He could score/create for himself at a level Drexler didn't.

And the lie detector test determined that was a lie.

tpols
05-04-2024, 01:00 PM
Clyde showed up in the playoffs more for sure. The guy was 2nd option on a championship team and played amazing in that run and 1st option on Finals team. Hardens never done either of those things.

TAZORAC
05-04-2024, 05:10 PM
harden isn't even in chip clydes shadow

Prime Harden is better than Drexler. Harden can create his own shot, Drexler couldn't go left

Jasper
05-05-2024, 09:02 AM
Prime Harden is better than Drexler. Harden can create his own shot, Drexler couldn't go left

nice joke

GimmeThat
05-05-2024, 09:24 AM
Harden vs. Tatum

pandiani17
05-05-2024, 12:45 PM
Clyde showed up in the playoffs more for sure. The guy was 2nd option on a championship team and played amazing in that run and 1st option on Finals team. Hardens never done either of those things.

Agree. There are two ways to look at players, looking at their individual accomplishment and looking at the collective accomplishment. Harden was a better individual player (hence the Regular Season MVP) while Drexler was more successful in the post-season (one ring and two finals appearances). Me, personally, I value playoff sucess over RS performances, consequently I rank Drexler higher than Harden.

tpols
05-05-2024, 01:03 PM
Agree. There are two ways to look at players, looking at their individual accomplishment and looking at the collective accomplishment. Harden was a better individual player (hence the Regular Season MVP) while Drexler was more successful in the post-season (one ring and two finals appearances). Me, personally, I value playoff sucess over RS performances, consequently I rank Drexler higher than Harden.

Hardens had plenty of chances to ring and blew it. Could've won with OKC but he shit the bed in the Finals. Could've won with the Rockets in 2018 but had one of the worst collapses ever in game 7. Could've won with the 2021 Nets but totally shit the bed vs the Bucks when they were up 2-0 and KD playing amazing and losing only by pinky toe. Prime Clyde would've came through in at least one of those situations.

3ba11
05-05-2024, 01:23 PM
Clyde fits into teams better.. He doesn't have to play iso-ball and can fit into any offense.

And in today's game, he would have all the handle that today's players have, so that isn't an issue and actually it would take his game to another level - so Harden is nowhere near Clyde with a modern handle.. Clyde was the 2nd-best built guard of all-time and with today's handle, he would be extremely scary.

1987_Lakers
05-05-2024, 02:20 PM
And the lie detector test determined that was a lie.

Are you trying to say Drexler was the better scorer? Peak Drexler had back to back playoff runs where he averaged around 21 PPG.

Tpols going to new levels of low.

SouBeachTalents
05-05-2024, 02:37 PM
Hardens had plenty of chances to ring and blew it. Could've won with OKC but he shit the bed in the Finals. Could've won with the Rockets in 2018 but had one of the worst collapses ever in game 7. Could've won with the 2021 Nets but totally shit the bed vs the Bucks when they were up 2-0 and KD playing amazing and losing only by pinky toe. Prime Clyde would've came through in at least one of those situations.
Aren't you a Nets fan? How are you gonna forget Harden missed 4 games and was CLEARLY hampered in that 2021 series.

tpols
05-05-2024, 02:43 PM
Aren't you a Nets fan? How are you gonna forget Harden missed 4 games and was CLEARLY hampered in that 2021 series.

Thats... not even true. He missed 3 games but came back for the end of the series. And in Game 7 shot 29% with 4 TOVs in a game they lost by a pinky toe. Just like the past couple years his game feel apart at the end of series. Your memory might be shoddy.

tpols
05-05-2024, 02:48 PM
Are you trying to say Drexler was the better scorer? Peak Drexler had back to back playoff runs where he averaged around 21 PPG.

Tpols going to new levels of low.

This topic is about better player not just scorer. But even in that regard Clyde averaged 20/7/6 on 120 super efficiency in the 1995 title run.

SouBeachTalents
05-05-2024, 02:50 PM
Thats... not even true. He missed 3 games but came back for the end of the series. And in Game 7 shot 29% with 4 TOVs in a game they lost by a pinky toe. Just like the past couple years his game feel apart at the end of series. Your memory might be shoddy.
It's amazing how confident you are in your takes, while being consistently wrong :lol Harden was injured in literally the opening minute of Game 1, missed the next 3 games, and when he came back he was visibly not 100%. This just took place 3 years ago and it's well known that's what happened.

tpols
05-05-2024, 02:56 PM
It's amazing how confident you are in your takes, while being consistently wrong :lol Harden was injured in literally the opening minute of Game 1, missed the next 3 games, and when he came back he was visibly not 100%. This just took place 3 years ago and it's well known that's what happened.

He literally has done the same thing healthy before and after that. He just did it again like... this week. Did it with Philly out East. Did it with Houston in the WCFs. And did it with OKC in the Finals. To blame everything on injury is absurd. This is an extreme pattern.

The funny thing is I know you agree because I've seen you comment on Harden 1000x but you're being a petty bitch here because you're salty about being owned in other non related debates. :lol

SouBeachTalents
05-05-2024, 03:04 PM
He literally has done the same thing healthy before and after that. He just did it again like... this week. Did it with Philly out East. Did it with Houston in the WCFs. And did it with OKC in the Finals. To blame everything on injury is absurd. This is an extreme pattern.

The funny thing is I know you agree because I've seen you comment on Harden 1000x but you're being a petty bitch here because you're salty about being owned in other non related debates. :lol
When did I blame everything on injury? I'm on record as saying Harden is legitimately the worst playoff performer for an MVP/ATG in history. But despite all the examples you had at your disposal, you bizarrely pointed to a series where he missed most of the series and was clearly hampered when he played.

tpols
05-05-2024, 03:10 PM
I didn't only mention one thing... I mentioned a bunch. You just singled that out.

But hell no... Harden was capable of helping close out the Bucks with the Nets. They went up 2-0 without him and he was horrible to finish. Like usual.

If he makes 1 single more shot or has one less turnover instead of shooting 29% given how the Nets lost by a literal millimeter they would have won and moved on to face an injured Hawks team.

Druckenmiller
05-06-2024, 12:19 AM
Give me the guy who won championships, showed up in the playoffs and doesn’t have a history of quitting and going pimp fat.