PDA

View Full Version : How good is Jayson Tatum now?

Street Hunger
11-30-2022, 09:28 PM
Jason Tatum has been the best player on the team with the league's best record this season.

Thoughts on his game?

1987_Lakers
11-30-2022, 09:40 PM
If he continues to play like this throughout the year, he has reached a level players like Paul Pierce, Carmelo, & Paul George never reached.

GrayGoat
11-30-2022, 09:43 PM
He’s better than Tmac

SATAN
11-30-2022, 09:56 PM
Wouldn't say he's the most naturally skilled (if that makes sense) but he's better than I ever thought he'd be. :confusedshrug:

fourkicks44
11-30-2022, 10:02 PM
At this stage, and it is early, very early still, he deserves MVP.

The voters are DYING to give the award to Luka tho. Plus he is playing well enough to put his case forward. So he is gonna have a fight on his hands for it.

SaltyMeatballs
11-30-2022, 10:38 PM
If he continues to play like this throughout the year, he has reached a level players like Paul Pierce, Carmelo, & Paul George never reached.

Agree. PP was a baller in his prime but Tatum looks like he's going to have the better prime. Also, Tatum is better than Melo ever was because his game is more well rounded

Real Men Wear Green
11-30-2022, 11:02 PM
I am not sure exactly how to weight the scoring numbers. Would today's 30 ppg score be doing 27 in 2005? Hard to say. But I would like to point out that the list of wins in NBA history that were great scorers on one end and among the best defenders in the league in the other is very short. Most people don't know this but in Robert Williams' absence he's the Celtics best rim protector. That's unfortunately also a big reason why the defense is not elite like it was last season but it's still impressive for a guy that entered the league as mainly a jumpshooter to now average nearly 8 rebounds and a block. He maybe isn't thought of as versatile but he can play 2, 3, and 4 at an elite level. Perennial AllNBA player for sure.

plowking
12-01-2022, 01:32 AM
Am I the only one that doesn't find his game that exciting to watch?

I can see he is a great player, but just doesn't have the wow of a McGrady, PG13, etc or even the silkiness of Melo.

He is super, super great though. I wouldn't put him top 5, but just outside. League is pretty stacked in terms of talent right now.

SATAN
12-01-2022, 01:35 AM

Nope.

SaltyMeatballs
12-01-2022, 01:59 AM

I can see he is a great player, but just doesn't have the wow of a McGrady, PG13, etc or even the silkiness of Melo.

He is super, super great though. I wouldn't put him top 5, but just outside. League is pretty stacked in terms of talent right now.

Tatum's game is smooth. His jumper is a little funky though

GimmeThat
12-01-2022, 02:06 AM
Kevin McHale good

Wally450
12-01-2022, 10:35 AM
At this current moment? MVP level.

Could very well und up being a top 5 player at the end of the year.