PDA

View Full Version : Is Westbrook 6th man of the year candidate?

TAZORAC
12-01-2022, 10:00 PM
Do you think he qualifies as a 6th man of the year candidate?

AlternativeAcc.
12-01-2022, 10:16 PM
15ppg on 39% shooting, 4 TOs per game

Totally man! Great player

SATAN
12-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Whenever he "rocks the baby" I prepare for him to **** up the next possession.

Jasper
12-02-2022, 12:35 AM
yep... season is 1/4 way thru though.

Full Court
12-02-2022, 10:29 AM
Think about it....Lakers are so stacked that they have a former MVP/multiple time all star coming off the BENCH.

:lebronamazed:

Real Men Wear Green
12-02-2022, 10:38 AM
If you insist on having this particular premature conversation then you should be talking about Malcolm Brogdon. The only reason to think of Westbrook as being seriously in the running is because you see him so much. A symptom of the Lakers getting far more attention than a team that missed the playoffs last year and changed nothing should.

ShawkFactory
12-02-2022, 10:43 AM
If you insist on having this particular premature conversation then you should be talking about Malcolm Brogdon. The only reason to think of Westbrook as being seriously in the running is because you see him so much. A symptom of the Lakers getting far more attention than a team that missed the playoffs last year and changed nothing should.

I honestly never watched Brogdon much before this year. He can certainly score but he seems like kind of a ball-stopper sometimes.

Full Court
12-02-2022, 10:48 AM
Reaves should probably be in the running for MIP.

GimmeThat
12-02-2022, 10:49 AM
if you look at it from a perspective where you rather let him get his then let him getting his teammates involved. sure

Real Men Wear Green
12-02-2022, 10:56 AM
I honestly never watched Brogdon much before this year. He can certainly score but he seems like kind of a ball-stopper sometimes.

I am only going to speak on how he has fit with the Celtics where him taking a leading role for the offense while Brown or Tatum is resting has been great. No one has been an excessive ballstopper but for Tatum brown and to a lesser extent Brogdon to do what they do you have to accept that they're going to dribble more than other players. He's doing 14 and 4 on 50% as sixth man.

FultzNationRISE
12-02-2022, 11:00 AM

I see what you two are doing, and you need to stop it. RIGHT NOW.

Im so nba'd out
12-02-2022, 11:28 AM
Don’t forget Ben Mathurin. Dude is almost averaging 20 ppg. He might honestly win Roty and 6 man of the year in his 1st season if the pacers stay a top 4 seed.

Real Men Wear Green
12-02-2022, 11:47 AM
Don’t forget Ben Mathurin. Dude is almost averaging 20 ppg. He might honestly win Roty and 6 man of the year in his 1st season if the pacers stay a top 4 seed.

Sure he's in the mix. I'm sure there are other worthy candidates as well. J7st not Westbrook.

Full Court
12-02-2022, 01:36 PM
I see what you two are doing, and you need to stop it. RIGHT NOW.

Lol. I don't even like him (because he's on the Lakers), but the dude's been balling. Do you disagree?

Airupthere
12-02-2022, 02:24 PM
Think about it....Lakers are so stacked that they have a former MVP/multiple time all star coming off the BENCH.

:lebronamazed:

Truth. They have the talent. Lebron just won't have it work. Bron would rather have the stats all to himself at the expense of the team playing well together.

ShawkFactory
12-02-2022, 02:41 PM

Why?

Full Court
12-02-2022, 08:00 PM
Why?

Comparing his performance this year with that of last year, I doubt you'd find many other players with his level of improvement. You don't think he's made a big leap?

Xiao Yao You
12-02-2022, 08:05 PM
15ppg on 39% shooting, 4 TOs per game

Totally man! Great player

about what Clarkson averaged when he won it over Ingles

ShawkFactory
12-03-2022, 12:01 AM
Comparing his performance this year with that of last year, I doubt you'd find many other players with his level of improvement. You don't think he's made a big leap?

Yea I mean he's playing better for sure. But simply playing better than you did the previous season doesn't automatically qualify you for a leaguwide award filled with people making leaps. He's still averaging like 10ppg...

Shai, Markkanen, Bane, Bol Bol, etc.

TAZORAC
12-03-2022, 07:56 AM

That's why I said candidate...Jordan Clarkson, Brogdon and maybe 2 other people are above him.

Jasper
12-03-2022, 12:34 PM
That's why I said candidate...Jordan Clarkson, Brogdon and maybe 2 other people are above him.

Brogdon is a shoe in , cause he really is a starter / but Westbrook has to prove every one wrong.

bison
12-03-2022, 02:42 PM
Westbrook 6MOY
Reaves MIP
Ham COTY
AD MVP/DPOY

Hard to lose with that lineup. If this team doesn’t win it all I have to think it’s an inside job from. A disgruntled player. No other explanation. But let’s see how this unfolds

RachlNicholsazz
12-03-2022, 03:06 PM

Does "might honestly" mean no way in hell? Paolo is the lock for roty even if Ben put up similar stats and atm he's statistically worse in every category

Jasper
12-04-2022, 11:30 AM
Westbrook 6MOY
Reaves MIP
Ham COTY
AD MVP/DPOY

Hard to lose with that lineup. If this team doesn’t win it all I have to think it’s an inside job from. A disgruntled player. No other explanation. But let’s see how this unfolds

you are quite the kidder