PDA

View Full Version : Why JERRY STACKHOUSE Did Not Become THE NEXT Michael Jordan! Stunted Growth

Lebron23
12-08-2022, 03:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqM6nWGxeU Inefficient scorer, and blackhole on offense. this guy played with Allen Iverson, Grant Hill, Ben Wallace Michael Jordan, and Dirk Nowitzki and never won a championship ring. Pistons became a legit contenders after they traded him for Richard Hamilton. When Jerry averaged 29.8 ppg he only shot 40 percent from the field. Pistons won the trade because RIP Hamilton was a better fit for Detroit.

pandiani17
12-08-2022, 05:42 AM
He didn't become the next MJ because basically he was not that good. I think the comparisons came in part because both came from the same college, and at that time every scoring SG was considered the next MJ. Oddly enough, both of them played together in the 2002/2003 Wizards and I clashed because of having big personalities.

warriorfan
12-08-2022, 06:45 AM
i know someone else who’s growth was stunted

Street Hunger
12-14-2022, 04:13 PM
Jerry stackhouse to me always seemed destined to be a very good, lower tier star guard that was never going to be a superstar. Like a borderline All Star type player

tontoz
12-14-2022, 04:24 PM
Stunted growth? He just wasn't that good. He never had even one season when he scored efficiently.

Real Men Wear Green
12-14-2022, 05:14 PM
While it's true that he was basically a good talent that teams tried to use as if he was a great player that list of guys he played with gives the wrong idea. Allen Iverson played with Allen Iverson his whole career and doesn't have a ring either. Him and Stack were an awful fit and got separated early anyhow. Playing with wizard Jordan doesn't mean anything.

90sgoat
12-14-2022, 05:40 PM
That's funny, I followed Stack's early career quite a bit, because us youngins were all hoping for the next MJ to really make our own.

Stack had it all, dunks, Tar Heel, 6'6'' etc.

Then I watched his rookie game and he had an open look at the basket in a fastbreak and ... just a boring dunk.

I knew then he wasn't MJ.

If you have an open line in the 90s and you don't go ham on the basket, then you're not made for the big leagues.

Then I watched Stack in Detroit and he was a huge black hole. Like literally saw the basket and nothing and no one else.

He also wasn't 6'6'' as claimed, more like 6'4'' and not very strong.

I'd compare him overall to Harrison Barnes and Wiggins.