PDA

View Full Version : Being mad at player scoring when game is decided is the dumbest thing abt NBA culture

PeroAntic
12-10-2022, 08:06 AM
Honestly I will never understand whats the deal about it. Saw it again last night after Zion's windmill dunk

If you want to finish off the game with a dunk as an exclamation point to excite the crowd, or just boost your stats, why would the other team get mad about it? Its not disrespect, its not directed to the other team, its just for the fans and own stats. Just take the L and leave. Its really pathetic.

ImKobe
12-10-2022, 09:18 AM
Especially when CP3 himself tried to stat-pad & bricked a layup, which gave Zion the opportunity to go for the dunk. Suns are fake tough guys anyway and will lose to NO in the Playoffs if they match up again.

1987_Lakers
12-10-2022, 09:33 AM
Another win without Ingram

Full Court
12-10-2022, 01:42 PM
If the other team gets mad, screw 'em. You don't like it, don't stop playing defense.

RRR3
12-10-2022, 01:55 PM
Another win without Ingram
It’s funny how Zion doesn’t need him at all lol. Better than Tatum doe!

ArbitraryWater
12-10-2022, 02:00 PM
It really is.

I mean there are some situations where I feel it's unecessary, like chucking up a needless 3 at the buzzer, but an open dunk like that needs to be converted.

PeroAntic
12-10-2022, 02:24 PM
It really is.

I mean there are some situations where I feel it's unecessary, like chucking up a needless 3 at the buzzer, but an open dunk like that needs to be converted.

Unnecessary is a different thing. You don't get mad or offended about unnecessary.

Axe
12-10-2022, 02:37 PM
It's like the suns got jizzed on earlier.

SATAN
12-10-2022, 10:13 PM
Rubbing salt in the wound. It's hilarious how hated the Suns have become though.

KNOW1EDGE
12-11-2022, 01:12 AM
Unwritten rules in all of sports is lame. Play until the final whistle no matter the score. Don’t want them to score? -play defense.

SouBeachTalents
12-11-2022, 01:42 AM
Zion's wasn't even that bad, he was already at the other end of the court by himself and was just putting on a final dunk for the fans. If it was something over the top like a player sprinting the length of the court for a layup, then I could see someone having a problem with it. But regardless, someone scoring a bucket at the end of the game wouldn't even bother me lol, it's weird so many players apparently have such a big issue with it. And it's not like we're talking about an overmatched opponent in high school or college, this is the god damn NBA.

Phoenix
12-11-2022, 05:36 AM
Meh, every situation has its own context but this one registered pretty low on my personal 'poor sport' radar. If anything, even with the game decided the losing team should just play some semblance of defense until the buzzer sounds.

nayte
12-11-2022, 05:47 AM
Meh, every situation has its own context but this one registered pretty low on my personal 'poor sport' radar. If anything, even with the game decided the losing team should just play some semblance of defense until the buzzer sounds.

Yeah I'm meh on this one too. He probs shouldn't have done it but he is young and they do what they do