PDA

View Full Version : Kanye drops new banger "Censori Overload (Someday We'll All Be Free)"

ArbitraryWater
12-10-2022, 03:37 PM
Absolute fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kf0LZn7nYM

diamenz
12-10-2022, 05:00 PM
i find this beyond wack and never felt any of kanye's music but that's just me.

highwhey
12-10-2022, 05:11 PM
i find this beyond wack and never felt any of kanye's music but that's just me.

We’ll u think a Tupac song is goat lvl so….

One of Kanye’s hits has more soul and substance than any of pacs bs

Lmk when ur fav artists disrupts the music industry and causes a paradigm shift through his production alone.

diamenz
12-10-2022, 07:54 PM

Lmk when ur fav artists disrupts the music industry and causes a paradigm shift through his production alone.

but kanye's not talking about shit though... listen to what this dumb fuc* is saying bro. his lyrics are void any substance, whatsoever.

...jesus walks? :roll: listen to what this n198@ is saying bro don't just bob your head to the beat.

Gohan
12-10-2022, 09:36 PM

Rollin through the hood with my potion, finger on the trigger cause a n1gga knows im hopeless

You just don’t understand the savagery of that line and i guarantee you next month most people will be calling me the best rappers ever. But i recognize greatness. Btw buy my album when it comes out. Dont hate just get yo cash out to listen to 13 tracks of that real sh1t

highwhey
12-10-2022, 11:46 PM
but kanye's not talking about shit though... listen to what this dumb fuc* is saying bro. his lyrics are void any substance, whatsoever.

...jesus walks? :roll: listen to what this n198@ is saying bro don't just bob your head to the beat.
he's taking on the establishment. pac was serving the establishment.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/551e1babe4b0aa77af01e45f/t/572bbda31d07c0c02000bb09/1462484399168/?format=1500w

diamenz
12-11-2022, 12:51 AM
he's taking on the establishment. pac was serving the establishment.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/551e1babe4b0aa77af01e45f/t/572bbda31d07c0c02000bb09/1462484399168/?format=1500w

dude **** pac i'm talking about kanye and kanye alone. he's mediocre. his rhymes are average at best. his production is top tier but it's not my style of music. it comes off as flash in the pan pop. dude's more controversial than he is anything else. he doesn't say anything that gives you pause or stops you in your tracks. he's not an intellectual either. he doesn't belong on the goat list with the big dogs. he's a pop star. sorry.

highwhey
12-11-2022, 01:54 AM
dude **** pac i'm talking about kanye and kanye alone. he's mediocre. his rhymes are average at best. his production is top tier but it's not my style of music. it comes off as flash in the pan pop. dude's more controversial than he is anything else. he doesn't say anything that gives you pause or stops you in your tracks. he's not an intellectual either. he doesn't belong on the goat list with the big dogs. he's a pop star. sorry.

pretentious. i've heard all the garbage rap from so calle intellectuals and "great lyricists". pure garbage. i don't look to rap for that bs. i listen to music to enjoy it, not to stop and go "NO WAY, HE JUST SAID THIS AND THAT OMG". pop open a book if you're so thirsty for knowledge...FOH. tired of this gatekeeping pompous attitude. he makes great beats and is a decent rapper, doesn't need to be anything else than that to make enjoyable music.

would rather listen to kanye rap about his insecurities or throw a funny line about how adam was not black bc a black man would never share his rib. all of his songs are riddled with hilarious lines like that...it makes me forget about the stressors of life and put a smile on my face. srry i don't listen to genius or whatever other bullshit rapper that you consider an intellectual.

highwhey
12-11-2022, 02:10 AM
its not my intention to be a jerk, but I've always hated that way of thinking. how about just enjoying something for what it is? i realize that i'm being abit hypocritical here but this gatekeeping attitude of you can't enjoy something bc it doesn't fit your criteria of what you consider to be good is silly. it's like highstepping...it doesn't even appear to be remotely fun, it looks exaggerated and stupid. thats what "intellectual rap" sounds like to me. i want to escape through music, not meditate on the lyrics.

diamenz
12-11-2022, 02:36 AM
well, that's fair. to each his own. enjoy. :cheers:

warriorfan
12-11-2022, 06:16 AM
highwhey is a fat beaner who plays call of duty

SATAN
12-11-2022, 06:17 AM
That's not very nice.

highwhey
12-11-2022, 12:00 PM
highwhey is a fat beaner who plays call of duty

can someone translate this into english? i don't speak EBT

Nanners
12-12-2022, 02:26 AM
dude **** pac i'm talking about kanye and kanye alone. he's mediocre. his rhymes are average at best. he doesn't say anything that gives you pause or stops you in your tracks.

Which popular rappers have lyrics that "give you pause or stop you in your tracks"?

diamenz
12-12-2022, 05:10 PM
Which popular rappers have lyrics that "give you pause or stop you in your tracks"?

90% of my rap library consists of eighties & nineties artists. i listen to literally nothing modern. mainstream today is garbage and i don't have the time to explore underground shit.

i appreciate unique styles and versatility.

to answer your question though, from a 'give you pause' standpoint, it's mostly just pac. his ability to paint a perfect picture in so few words, as well as his capacity to tell a story and convey it with raw, genuine emotion and energy is unmatched. he was as much a poet as he was a rapper. his intellect was impressive for a twenty year old ghetto kid. rare even. i also find his character interesting - what made him tick, his work ethic and drive, etc.

songs like changes & california love don't showcase that though. most of his singles were gimmicks to sell records. if you really want to deep-dive into what made him stand out from the rest, you need to dig into his earlier work, unreleased material and 'b-side' cuts.

Nanners
12-12-2022, 05:34 PM
90% of my rap library consists of eighties & nineties artists. i listen to literally nothing modern. mainstream today is garbage and i don't have the time to explore underground shit.

to answer your question though, from a 'give you pause' standpoint, it's mostly just pac. his ability to paint a perfect picture in so few words, as well as his capacity to tell a story and convey it with raw, genuine emotion and energy is unmatched. he was as much a poet as he was a rapper. his intellect was impressive for a twenty year old ghetto kid. rare even. i also find his character interesting - what made him tick, his work ethic and drive, etc.

songs like changes & california love don't showcase that though. most of his singles were gimmicks to sell records. if you really want to deep-dive into what made him stand out from the rest, you need to dig into his earlier work, unreleased material and 'b-side' cuts.

sounds like you got a decent rap library :cheers:

Changes is one of the few rap songs that "gives me pause" (whatever the fvck that means :oldlol:)

diamenz
12-12-2022, 06:09 PM
changes is a solid song, it's just played out and kinda corny imo.

If something gives you pause for thought, it makes you think carefully about something, especially in a different way than you have thought about it before.

:rockon:

FKAri
12-12-2022, 10:47 PM

One has to put in more work to find great modern music. And most of us just don't have time for that. In the past the culture was more homogeneous and our options more limited. As subcultures popped up and gained platforms, the wider apart everyone's tastes grew. And the lowest common denominator(pop music) sunk ever lower. The other side of the coin is that there's a million esoteric subgenres to sift through to find something. And most will not be your cup of tea. I think this environment has also made curating harder since everyone's tastes are so different.

Once in a while I'll find something amazing but it'll already have been a few years since release. It's next to impossible to find something great that just came out a couple months ago unless it's an artist you already like. I think getting older is also a part of it because when you're young you can just latch onto a "scene" and just get into that phase for a while and be content with whatever's they're putting out.

Gohan
12-13-2022, 04:28 AM
changes is a solid song, it's just played out and kinda corny imo.

:rockon:

I prefer wonder if heaven has a ghetto lol