PDA

View Full Version : We got 6 stars averaging THIRTY!?!

Big164
12-11-2022, 06:03 AM
This is extremely rare to have more than two in a given year. This is the most ridiculous its ever been. Only 1962 comes close where they had 5 guys.

John8204
12-11-2022, 06:22 AM
And to put into context the alleged "most dominant player of all-time" "with the greatest single season peak of all-time"...didn't average 30PPG in his entire career.

Axe
12-11-2022, 06:47 AM
You think all of them can maintain it for the remainder of the season?

Jasper
12-11-2022, 11:03 AM
ga

Full Court
12-11-2022, 11:15 AM
All six of them have the ability to hold that average for the season. The only one of those I didn't see it coming was SGA.

Phoenix
12-11-2022, 03:05 PM
And to put into context the alleged "most dominant player of all-time" "with the greatest single season peak of all-time"...didn't average 30PPG in his entire career.

Who are you referring to?

SouBeachTalents
12-11-2022, 03:18 PM
Who are you referring to?
Shaq, aka barely top 25.

ArbitraryWater
12-11-2022, 03:31 PM
All six of them have the ability to hold that average for the season. The only one of those I didn't see it coming was SGA.

SGA has the ability to hold it for an entire season?

Mask the Embiid
12-11-2022, 03:37 PM
I’m glad you only said 6 even though Tatum technically = 7 cause he averages 30 on the dot but we all know he won’t keep this up :oldlol: so saying 6 was smart. We all know he’s quote unquote NOT THAT GUY (does quote fingers). He’ll be under 30 ppg by this time on Tuesday

Phoenix
12-11-2022, 03:50 PM
Shaq, aka barely top 25.

Ah yes :oldlol: That poster may wish to consult the record books, only 2 players in the history of basketball averaged 30...Jordan and Wilt and then a clump of 27ppg guys.

Full Court
12-11-2022, 04:14 PM
SGA has the ability to hold it for an entire season?

I would say so. He's carrying the scoring load for his time, so he's kind of in a similar position to Bradley Beal on the Wizards a couple seasons ago.

Spurs m8
12-11-2022, 04:56 PM
All part of the ever increasing inflated stats league.

Just ANOTHER reason no one cares about LeEmptyStats longevity stats

SouBeachTalents
12-11-2022, 05:05 PM
All part of the ever increasing inflated stats league.

Just ANOTHER reason no one cares about LeEmptyStats longevity stats
You must care bringing him up in a thread that has nothing to do with him :lol

John8204
12-11-2022, 05:44 PM
Ah yes :oldlol: That poster may wish to consult the record books, only 2 players in the history of basketball averaged 30...Jordan and Wilt and then a clump of 27ppg guys.

Oh you mean the guys I rank 1 and 2 all-time. Yeah I'm aware of that the 30PPG players are

Jordan, Wilt, Harden, Barry, Baylor, Archibald, KAJ, Gervin, Iverson, King, Mcadoo, McGrady, Durant, Curry, Bellamy, West, Beal, Oscar, Twymann, Pettit, Maravich, Moses, Karl, Dantley, Embiid, World B Free,Wade, Wilkins, Kobe and Westbrook

30 players no Shaq so he's good he's not World B Free good

Phoenix
12-11-2022, 06:06 PM
Oh you mean the guys I rank 1 and 2 all-time. Yeah I'm aware of that the 30PPG players are

Jordan, Wilt, Harden, Barry, Baylor, Archibald, KAJ, Gervin, Iverson, King, Mcadoo, McGrady, Durant, Curry, Bellamy, West, Beal, Oscar, Twymann, Pettit, Maravich, Moses, Karl, Dantley, Embiid, World B Free,Wade, Wilkins, Kobe and Westbrook

30 players no Shaq so he's good he's not World B Free good

Jerry Stackhouse has a higher PPG season than Shaq(29.8 to 29.7), so that means what ultimately? Whatever point you're trying to make is assinine.

John8204
12-11-2022, 06:19 PM
Jerry Stackhouse has a higher PPG season than Shaq(29.8 to 29.7), so that means what ultimately? Whatever point you're trying to make is assinine.

That people like you hype Shaq up...not saying's Shaq's a bad player but the fact that he never averaged 30PPG that's a big deal.

Phoenix
12-11-2022, 06:24 PM
That people like you hype Shaq up...not saying's Shaq's a bad player but the fact that he never averaged 30PPG that's a big deal.

Larry Bird's career high is 29.9, .2 higher than Shaq and .1 short of this arbitrary 30ppg mark you're using as proof of some idiotic contrarian viewpoint.

John8204
12-11-2022, 06:48 PM
Larry Bird's career high is 29.9, .2 higher than Shaq and .1 short of this arbitrary 30ppg mark you're using as proof of some idiotic contrarian viewpoint.

I think Larry Bird is better than Shaq...but people don't talk about any Larry Bird season as the most dominant greatest season of all-time. Larry Bird also didn't spend half of his career chasing MVP's to pump up his ring count.

Phoenix
12-11-2022, 07:13 PM
I think Larry Bird is better than Shaq...but people don't talk about any Larry Bird season as the most dominant greatest season of all-time. Larry Bird also didn't spend half of his career chasing MVP's to pump up his ring count.

Because none of Larry's seasons were as overwhelmingly dominant as Shaq's 2000 season, that's why nobody says that. Shaq in 8 seasons as a Laker achieved about as much as Larry did for his entire Celtics career, regardless of his late career journyman stage.

SouBeachTalents
12-11-2022, 07:18 PM
Because none of Larry's seasons were as overwhelmingly dominant as Shaq's 2000 season, that's why nobody says that. Shaq in 8 seasons as a Laker achieved about as much as Larry did for his entire Celtics career, regardless of his late career journyman stage.
Let's not forget he also took the Magic to the Finals in his 3rd season, beating Jordan on the way. And fine, you can clown him for getting swept in the Finals, but he actually held his own against Hakeem, who had obliterated Ewing & Robinson in historic asswhoopings during those title runs.

Phoenix
12-11-2022, 07:24 PM
Let's not forget he also took the Magic to the Finals in his 3rd season, beating Jordan on the way. And fine, you can clown him for getting swept in the Finals, but he actually held his own against Hakeem, who had obliterated Ewing & Robinson in historic asswhoopings during those title runs.

Yep, out of all the star centers Hakeem went through during his run, Shaq on an individual level put up the most resistance. And this was 23 year old Shaq we're talking about.

John8204
12-11-2022, 07:36 PM
I don't recall Bird and Celtics ever winning a ring because shady officiating on the level of Lakers/Trailblazers in 2000. Shaq also had Jerry West who brought in Glen Rice, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Ron Harper, John Salley, Robert Horry, AC Green, Byron Scott, Eddie Jones, Dennis Rodman and Nick Van Exel. West treated The Lakers like it was the Bachelor with all the quality role players, prospects, and legends he brought in.

Also Jerry West...managed a 30PPG season something that Shaq never did.

Yep, out of all the star centers Hakeem went through during his run, Shaq on an individual level put up the most resistance. And this was 23 year old Shaq we're talking about.

Oh I recall Magic Shaq...that was the Shaq that could actually run and wasn't 400lbs

Phoenix
12-11-2022, 07:44 PM
I don't recall Bird and Celtics ever winning a ring because shady officiating on the level of Lakers/Trailblazers in 2000. Shaq also had Jerry West who brought in Glen Rice, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, Rick Fox, Ron Harper, John Salley, Robert Horry, AC Green, Byron Scott, Eddie Jones, Dennis Rodman and Nick Van Exel. West treated The Lakers like it was the Bachelor with all the quality role players, prospects, and legends he brought in.

Also Jerry West...managed a 30PPG season something that Shaq never did.

Oh I recall Magic Shaq...that was the Shaq that could actually run and wasn't 400lbs

You call off that list of players like they were all on the same team or that the majority weren't just good role players( exception Kobe obviously) that most championship teams have, or shells of themselves like Harper, Rodman, and Salley. Hell, you act like Kobe was some sure-fire top 10 level talent when Shaq joined the team. Also, regardless of that controversial officiating, why would that affect Shaq's rank as if he controlled that situation? Kobe was also a beneficiary of that shady officiating as you call it, is he lower in your rankings on that account as well?

John8204
12-11-2022, 07:55 PM
Frankly Kobe, Duncan, KAJ, Magic and Shaq are all ranked "lower" because of shady officiating context is important. The point isn't that Shaq had all those players at the same time but that he had a GM in Jerry West who was able to build a team around O'Neal and his glaring weaknesses.

Phoenix
12-11-2022, 08:03 PM
None of those players had any control over whatever shady officiating you're talking about,so irrelevant to any reasonable person when it comes to rankings. Ditto for acting like a player having competent team management is supposed to be a knock. There isn't a single dynasty you can point to that didn't benefit from that.

John8204
12-11-2022, 08:37 PM
None of those players had any control over whatever shady officiating you're talking about,so irrelevant to any reasonable person when it comes to rankings. Ditto for acting like a player having competent team management is supposed to be a knock. There isn't a single dynasty you can point to that didn't benefit from that.

The "knock" is Shaq's failure to have a 30PPG season as we see this season six players did it. It's a common metric that you can apply to almost 3 dozen other players. As for blaming players for shady officiating while it's true you can't hold entirely against them they are stigmatized and we the fans have to question the games that weren't obvious. Tim Donaghy era is just as bad as MLB's steroid era because we know officials were biased one guy got caught others could have been. And for dynasty's Jerry helped build three of them...that's important

SouBeachTalents
12-11-2022, 08:53 PM
You're putting SO much emphasis on this when Shaq averaged 29.7 his MVP year. An extra .3 ppg does not make this much of a difference, and is frankly irrelevant, 3ball level nitpicking :lol

That's not even mentioning Shaq had 2 title runs averaging 30 ppg in the playoffs (if someone else besides Jordan did that, I'd like to know) and averaged 35 ppg in 3 straight Finals wins.

John8204
12-11-2022, 09:29 PM
You're putting SO much emphasis on this when Shaq averaged 29.7 his MVP year. An extra .3 ppg does not make this much of a difference, and is frankly irrelevant, 3ball level nitpicking :lol

That's not even mentioning Shaq had 2 title runs averaging 30 ppg in the playoffs (if someone else besides Jordan did that, I'd like to know) and averaged 35 ppg in 3 straight Finals wins.

George Mikan did it...so you're welcome also KAJ

Big164
12-11-2022, 09:48 PM
Umm Shaq Averaged Well over 30 ppg in his FMVP years.

38 in 2000
33 in 2001
36 in 2002

Its just the regular season is so many games its hard for him to keep it up that long.

SouBeachTalents
12-11-2022, 11:21 PM
George Mikan did it...so you're welcome also KAJ
Well Mikan doing it on 38% shooting against that level competition is certainly worth a shoutout, definitely more impressive than Shaq.

And Kareem only scored 30 ppg in a title playoff run once.

Phoenix
12-12-2022, 06:59 AM
The "knock" is Shaq's failure to have a 30PPG season as we see this season six players did it. It's a common metric that you can apply to almost 3 dozen other players. As for blaming players for shady officiating while it's true you can't hold entirely against them they are stigmatized and we the fans have to question the games that weren't obvious. Tim Donaghy era is just as bad as MLB's steroid era because we know officials were biased one guy got caught others could have been. And for dynasty's Jerry helped build three of them...that's important

There's no 'knock' on Shaq not averaging 30ppg. That's 'your' issue but obviously a non-factor to the various official publications or general public opinion that rank him in the top 10. Nobody else here is going on about it, and you're acting like 29.7 in 2000 isn't basically a 30ppg average rounded or that he doesn't have numerous playoffs series and finals 'when it counts' averaging well over 30ppg.

The officiating can be brought up from time to time more as a 'remember when?' but you're the only person around here saying 'yeah Shaq ain't in my top 20 because of badly officiated series'. These are literally YOUR problems that you're pulling from your ass to justify an extremely left field minority opinion. Which you're obviously entitled to and it's nice to have differing views, but yours when it comes to Shaq is pretty high on the bullshit meter when you start saying 'Shaq is good but not World B Free good'. That's straight trolling territory.

Phoenix
12-12-2022, 07:01 AM
Well Mikan doing it on 38% shooting against that level competition is certainly worth a shoutout, definitely more impressive than Shaq.

And Kareem only scored 30 ppg in a title playoff run once.

That poster's logic is nonsensical and all over the place. The more he posts I'm just assuming at this point he's a joke/parody account like HBK_Klit with his Kawhi fetish.

RRR3
12-12-2022, 07:07 AM
That poster's logic is nonsensical and all over the place. The more he posts I'm just assuming at this point he's a joke/parody account like HBK_Klit with his Kawhi fetish.
There are only a handful of posters on this board who aren’t either complete morons or terrible people. And many are both. I’ll put John in the moron category alone tho since he seems ok.

Phoenix
12-12-2022, 07:18 AM
There are only a handful of posters on this board who aren’t either complete morons or terrible people. And many are both. I’ll put John in the moron category alone tho since he seems ok.

Yeah I don't think he's a 'terrible person', he just holds wildly left field points that he presents in a 'matter of fact' manner, almost like straight-faced trolling. 'Shaq is good but not World B' good? Come on....yeah we all got opinions but seriously...