PDA

View Full Version : Whats your golf handicap?

Nanners
12-12-2022, 06:26 AM
Recently I picked up a set of clubs for the first time since back when I played golf on my high school golf team ~20 years ago, and it is crazy how much fun I have been having. Right now my handicap is probably like ~20ish, most of the time I can break 100 and I've broken 90 a couple times now.

SaltyMeatballs
12-12-2022, 03:22 PM
High 20s. I'm not really good but it's something I wanna get better at for sure. One of my friends who works in finance would play golf to socialize with his co-workers more and it helped him move up the ladder at work because he got so close with people who were in higher positions

Nanners
12-12-2022, 03:38 PM
High 20s. I'm not really good but it's something I wanna get better at for sure. One of my friends who works in finance would play golf to socialize with his co-workers more and it helped him move up the ladder at work because he got so close with people who were in higher positions

Golf is the only "sport" where this kind of thing regularly happens... Nobody ever got a raise because they are a 3pt assassin or bc they can throw a football over them mountains

SaltyMeatballs
12-12-2022, 03:47 PM
Golf is the only "sport" where this kind of thing regularly happens... Nobody ever got a raise because they are a 3pt assassin or bc they can throw a football over them mountains

Damn right. It's one important reason why I want to play golf more and improve. It's also pretty fun when you get the hang of it.

Nanners
12-12-2022, 03:56 PM
Damn right. It's one important reason why I want to play golf more and improve. It's also pretty fun when you get the hang of it.

Not only is it pretty damn fun, but IMO theres also something strangely meditative about it.

tontoz
12-13-2022, 02:07 PM
I am a 3 thanks to nagging injuries. My goal is to get to scatch or better but haven't been healthy enough in recent years to practice regularly.

Nanners
07-16-2023, 01:40 PM
managed to get my hcp down to 13.7 over the past several months, mostly due to massive improvements to my chipping/putting... aiming to break 10 before the end of the year.

Jasper
07-16-2023, 07:27 PM
when I was in the Chicago area , playing league I was a 7.

Quit the game , then took it up again, with a better mind set , changed my swing after years being a fade swinger, and developed a
nice fade hook as well as a slice off the tee. Then I injured my back and the doctor told me , no more golf, cut and chopping wood , and horse back riding.
Mentally I felt destroyed.

I watch golf every weekend. (I know the challenges of the sport)