PDA

View Full Version : Indiana needs to pull the plug and Trade Myles Turner and Buddy Hield to LA

Im Still Ballin
12-12-2022, 09:02 PM
They're losing a lot of games. Buddy is 30 and has another year or two left on his contract. Myles isn't worth the money they'll have to re-sign him for. The best thing they can do is make the trade with LA to clear salary and acquire one or two FRPs.

Hield and Myles would provide value on LA. They're more valuable as complementary pieces next to Davis and James.

Myles' combination of three-point shooting, size, and defense could make him the Laker equivalent of Brook Lopez. And Buddy? He's guaranteed for 15-19 PPG, and 8-10 3PA on 36%-40% 3PT. A great third option that can provide synergistic value as a floor spacer.

Full Court
12-12-2022, 09:09 PM
Do you think they'd be better with Westbrook? if not, why would they make that trade? And why would they want Westbrook's abominable contract?

1987_Lakers
12-12-2022, 09:14 PM
Do you think they'd be better with Westbrook? if not, why would they make that trade? And why would they want Westbrook's abominable contract?

Because he's on an expiring contract.

Im Still Ballin
12-12-2022, 09:17 PM

Westbrook's contract is expiring -- $46m I believe. It allows them to get off Buddy Hield's remaining contract while also getting a/some first-round pick/picks. There's a strong chance that Myles Turner walks. He's in the last year of his current contract. I think Indiana will have to pay $20m-$25m per year for him.

I'm not sure it's worth it for Indiana. They could spend their money elsewhere more effectively. If I was the GM, I'd use that 20-25 million on a couple of players. The future is Haliburton, Mathurin, and Nembhard.

Im Still Ballin
12-12-2022, 09:21 PM
Turner is having a career year statistically, but how much of that is actually contributing to wins?

I think he's the type of guy more suited to a complementary role, like Brook Lopez or Al Horford. His value is in his synergistic ability to unlock a particular player or lineup. Someone like Anthony Davis.

BigShotBob
12-12-2022, 11:40 PM
Why would they deal with LA if they could deal with several other teams

Reggie43
12-12-2022, 11:53 PM
Weren't the Lakers actually the ones who declined the proposed deal because the Pacers wanted 2 first round picks?

NBAGOAT
12-13-2022, 02:37 AM
Pacers will need the 2 1sts. Buddy I’m not sure about but many trans will happily give a good 1st fur turner. Westbrook is an expiring but still a bad contract

bladefd
12-13-2022, 03:54 PM
Because he's on an expiring contract.

And Lakers already paid 40% of it by keeping him on roster until this point in the season. Pacers don't have to pay the full sum. They can also ask Lakers to throw in money into trade.

bladefd
12-13-2022, 04:01 PM
Why would they deal with LA if they could deal with several other teams

Sure if indy could get more from other teams, they are free to go that route.

Weren't the Lakers actually the ones who declined the proposed deal because the Pacers wanted 2 first round picks?

Yes. However, as trade deadline comes close, Pacers might be forced to accept a single first round and Westbrook. They can have nunn too and cash considerations if they wish. Both expiring contracts.

Pacers will need the 2 1sts. Buddy I’m not sure about but many trans will happily give a good 1st fur turner. Westbrook is an expiring but still a bad contract

Lakers offered a single first already. Pacers can take it or leave it. I personally think they will end up trading turner for peanuts elsewhere and skip over the Lakers first just out of spite. It's the Lakers tax for being the Lakers.

Street Hunger
12-14-2022, 03:52 PM
The pacers somehow always feel like a middle of the road team. I do like their current backcourt though

HoopologyPhD
12-14-2022, 03:58 PM
Lakers need to pull the plug on their geriatric superstars, sometimes it is easy to say goodbye.