PDA

View Full Version : Joel Embiid is averaging 33.4 ppg

Lebron23
12-13-2022, 02:18 PM
The last NBA Center to averaged over 30 ppg was Moses Malone. The Process is having a historical season. It won't surprise me if he scores 70 points in the nba this season.

Lebron23
12-14-2022, 06:32 PM
hopefully he stays healthy for the rest of the season.

FultzNationRISE
12-14-2022, 07:01 PM
He started a bit slow, I have a feeling once he noticed Joker taking a statistical step back to let his returning teammates get back into rhythm, he decided this was his opportunity to strike for MVP.

And obviously the way he’s been playing of late makes a pretty good case for it.

tontoz
12-14-2022, 07:31 PM
I wonder if Philly has committed to feeding Embiid with Harden in a completely subordinate role as opposed to 'my turn, your turn'. I haven't watched them so i wouldn't know but that would make sense.

fourkicks44
12-14-2022, 08:35 PM
I wonder if Philly has committed to feeding Embiid with Harden in a completely subordinate role as opposed to 'my turn, your turn'. I haven't watched them so i wouldn't know but that would make sense.

Yeah that's the key, it hasn't really worked out that way and has been a major part of the inconsistency and mechanical struggles of the team in the first part of the season. Problem too is Doc is the king of being a 'my turn, your turn' coach. In fact that along with his hatred for practice are his MO.

Last night's game against the Kings was a real turning point I think, if they can continue to play the way they did. The offense was smooth and they worked together like clockwork.

Harden has always been a terrible off ball offensive player, but to his credit he is starting to shoot off the catch and shooting open midrange jumpers instead of dribbling the air out the ball for 20 seconds at a time, driving into 5 players or bail out step back 3's.

We will see if it lasts. All the responsibility is on these two now, no excuses. Even if Doc is a liability, they just gotta figure it out.

Yeezy
12-14-2022, 08:39 PM
lebron23 is Steve. it's sad that he pretends to be stupid when formulating sentences and implicates a complete stranger from the Philippines into an incestuous relationship with his cousin

kawhileonard2
12-14-2022, 10:38 PM
The last NBA Center to averaged over 30 ppg was Moses Malone. The Process is having a historical season. It won't surprise me if he scores 70 points in the nba this season.

Lebron hasn't played against him after that coward move.

fourkicks44
12-14-2022, 10:54 PM
Lebron hasn't played against him after that coward move.

He played against him less than a week ago :confusedshrug:

I assume you mean Embiid and not Moses.

Street Hunger
12-17-2022, 04:36 PM
Joel Embiid is really impressing me this season. Somehow more than last season but I don't quite know why because he was great last season too

RRR3
12-17-2022, 04:43 PM
Embiid’s a monster and we’re lucky to watch him. I get he can be irritating with his foul baiting but we are witnessing two of the greatest centers of all time right now in him and Jokic.

Mask the Embiid
12-17-2022, 05:15 PM
And yet somehow he's not even top 5 in the kia mvp ladder.....just say you hate the man.... just flat out come out and say it media :oldlol:

tontoz
12-17-2022, 05:24 PM
And yet somehow he's not even top 5 in the kia mvp ladder.....just say you hate the man.... just flat out come out and say it media :oldlol:

To be fair he has already missed 8 games. They don't give the MVP to anyone who misses a lot of games. If he misses a few more he is pretty much out of luck.

Embiid was the runner up in the MVP the last two years so it's pretty hard to argue the voters hate him.

fourkicks44
12-17-2022, 06:42 PM
They voters don't hate him, they just don't like him enough to give him an MVP award :lol

It's crazy to see where Joel and Jokic have come from. Nobody could have predicted how good they would be, especially the way professional basketball is generally played today.

When Joel was drafted no scouting reports, no coaches, no GMs, no reporters, nobody ever thought he could become not only on of the greatest midrange shooting centers, but one of the best midrange shooters of all-time.

I think it gets forgotten how close we were to not ever seeing him play in the NBA after the foot injuries and the family tragedy before he was a rookie.

FultzNationRISE
12-17-2022, 07:09 PM
They voters don't hate him, they just don't like him enough to give him an MVP award :lol

It's crazy to see where Joel and Jokic have come from. Nobody could have predicted how good they would be, especially the way professional basketball is generally played today.

When Joel was drafted no scouting reports, no coaches, no GMs, no reporters, nobody ever thought he could become not only on of the greatest midrange shooting centers, but one of the best midrange shooters of all-time.

I think it gets forgotten how close we were to not ever seeing him play in the NBA after the foot injuries and the family tragedy before he was a rookie.

Literally the only person who believed in him and knew he could do this was Lebron.

They both deserve a lot of credit for what Embiid is accomplishing.

tontoz
12-17-2022, 07:09 PM
Embiid was drafted at 3 in spite of his injury concerns. His talent was well known.

Jokic was drafted at 41.:lol

fourkicks44
12-17-2022, 07:37 PM
Embiid was drafted at 3 in spite of his injury concerns. His talent was well known.

Jokic was drafted at 41.:lol

Joel as never drafted 3 because of his potential shooting and you know it.

He was drafted as a project rim runner and shot blocker with potential post scoring because of his height and athletic ability.

A handful of games and Kansas gave no indication of how high his shooting ceiling truly could be. Nobody had a clue what was to happen.

Even crazier considering he picked up a basketball for the first time at 16 about the same age Jokic was playing professionally in Europe.

3ba11
12-17-2022, 08:10 PM
I remember being laughed at for saying it was easier for centers in today's game due to the spacing

Now we see bigs like Giannis, Embiid and Jokic literally ripping up the stat sheet - they're answering the age-old question, aka "what would robinson or hakeem or shaq do in today's game"

derrick coleman, mashburn, kemp - would destroy today's game and many more.. detlef schrempf would be a HOF lock

kawhileonard2
12-17-2022, 11:30 PM
Brad Daugherty in this era would do that as well.

eliteballer
12-20-2022, 12:25 AM
Crazy.