PDA

View Full Version : NBA names LeBron James trophy

Yeezy
12-13-2022, 09:26 PM
https://i.ibb.co/8bVtqSz/il-340x270-4110825267-kukb.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/T0wyqyT/jordan-laughing-michael-jordan.gif

Full Court
12-13-2022, 09:27 PM
If it were true, it would be called the LeShrivel Trophy.

1987_Lakers
12-13-2022, 09:29 PM
OP still upset Kobe got the useless All-star MVP award named after him.

Yeezy
12-13-2022, 09:31 PM
OP still upset Kobe got the useless All-star MVP award named after him.

100 years from now kids will look up kobe highlights wondering why the trophy is named after him. his legacy will live forever no matter how much future generations try to forget the past like how we do with the 50s, 60s, 70s

lebron will be forgotten and buried

1987_Lakers
12-13-2022, 09:33 PM
100 years from now kids will look up kobe highlights wondering why the trophy is named after him. his legacy will live forever no matter how much future generations try to forget the past like how we do with the 50s, 60s, 70s

lebron will be forgotten and buried

100 years from now the All-star game might not even be a thing. The NFL already took away the pro bowl game. So I guess kids will not look at Kobe highlights, the Kobe steak will pop up instead when you search his name.

Yeezy
12-13-2022, 09:35 PM
100 years from now the All-star game might not even be a thing. The NFL already took away the pro bowl game. So I guess kids will not look at Kobe highlights, the Kobe steak will pop up instead when you search his name.

the nfl is a contact sport. it was a safety issue. nba allstar weekend is a big deal for the nba. don't hold your breath on that wish lol

Full Court
12-13-2022, 09:36 PM
Lebron: fringe top ten.

Kobe: 12-13ish.

1987_Lakers
12-13-2022, 09:37 PM
nba allstar weekend is a big deal for the nba. don't hold your breath on that wish lol

Nobody takes the all-star game serious anymore. Fans mostly just tune in before the game when LeBron & someone else draft their teams, the game is an after thought. I don't even remember the last time I saw a full All-Star game because it's so bad now, but hey, congrats on the meaningless award being named after Kobe. :oldlol:

Yeezy
12-13-2022, 09:43 PM
Lebron: fringe top ten.

Kobe: 12-13ish.

what are you like 70+ years old

Full Court
12-13-2022, 09:50 PM
what are you like 70+ years old

I'm someone who has a realistic view of rankings because I don't get enamored by other men.

Yeezy
12-13-2022, 09:52 PM
Nobody takes the all-star game serious anymore. Fans mostly just tune in before the game when LeBron & someone else draft their teams, the game is an after thought. I don't even remember the last time I saw a full All-Star game because it's so bad now, but hey, congrats on the meaningless award being named after Kobe. :oldlol:

in the last 20 years I've seen at least 15 competitive endings to the games. I dunno what kinda drugs you're on. guys have gunned for mvp, scoring records, had bragging rights. made it personal with the draft recently. the weekend has a huge buzz every year. everyone wants their favorite player to win and be allstar mvp. but none of this is even why I like the award being named after kobe. it's simply a way to keep his name relevant forever. it's a yearly reminder to new fans. you can't win lol

Yeezy
12-13-2022, 09:55 PM
I'm someone who has a realistic view of rankings because I don't get enamored by other men.

if you had lebron top 5 and kobe outside of the top 10 I would have more respect for you cause I could pass it off as just bias. but to shit on both just means you're retarded

personally I have kobe 1 spot ahead of lebron and both around top 5

SouBeachTalents
12-13-2022, 09:57 PM
in the last 20 years I've seen at least 15 competitive endings to the games. I dunno what kinda drugs you're on. guys have gunned for mvp, scoring records, had bragging rights. made it personal with the draft recently. the weekend has a huge buzz every year. everyone wants their favorite player to win and be allstar mvp. but none of this is even why I like the award being named after kobe. it's simply a way to keep his name relevant forever. it's a yearly reminder to new fans. you can't win lol
Yep, just like so many current fans care about Cy Young :lol Or have any idea who Larry O'Brien is.

Yeezy
12-13-2022, 10:02 PM
Yep, just like so many current fans care about Cy Young :lol Or have any idea who Larry O'Brien is.

I've looked up who those guys are and what they did specifically because of those awards. so it worked didn't it

I think the reason a guy like Cy young wouldn't get a boost of relevance for current fans from it is cause he lacks highlights and he's a pitcher. fans like old highlight reels like pete maravich or Jason Williams. those alone can keep a guy relevant. the problem is finding a reason to search their names on youtube

1987_Lakers
12-13-2022, 10:04 PM

True. I would bet a good majority of people here don't even know who Larry O'Brien is and the NBA Championship trophy is named after him. Nobody will give a damn about an All-Star MVP award or look into who it was named after 100 years from now. Sorry OP.

David Stern will always be remembered more than O'Brien despite not having anything named after him.

SouBeachTalents
12-13-2022, 10:08 PM
I've looked up who those guys are and what they did specifically because of those awards. so it worked didn't it

I think the reason a guy like Cy young wouldn't get a boost of relevance for current fans from it is cause he lacks highlights and he's a pitcher. fans like old highlight reels like pete maravich or Jason Williams. those alone can keep a guy relevant. the problem is finding a reason to search their names on youtube
All I'm saying is, if 100 years from now fans still care about Kobe, it will NOT be because they named an exhibition award after him :lol People may look up Cy Young or Larry O'Brien because of the prestige of the awards they're named after, but an all-star game MVP? It's just not happening.

The only player who will probably stand the test of time will be Jordan, like Babe Ruth.

Yeezy
12-13-2022, 10:12 PM
True. I would bet a good majority of people here don't even know who Larry O'Brien is and the NBA Championship trophy is named after him. Nobody will give a damn about an All-Star MVP award or look into who it was named after 100 years from now. Sorry OP.

David Stern will always be remembered more than O'Brien despite not having anything named after him.

everyone's looked up who Larry Obrien was and the reason they don't care is because he never did anything cool. you're being incredibly dishonest and petty right now lol. if some fan from 100 years into the future looked up kobe highlights I think they would be infinitely more interested in what they're seeing and have the same feeling we had playing nba street volume 2 and looking up guys like pete maravich. that's part of why being such an aesthetically pleasing styling acrobatic impossible shot maker is such a huge bonus for Kobe cause it helps even more for future fans to appreciate him. I know why a lebron fan would either not understand this or choose to ignore it because they want just basketball reference and statistics as the main thing people wanna look up but that's simply not the case. lebron has a very ugly game. he's not easy to look at. he's very awkward and bulky. broken looking etc... fans won't like him 50 years from now and you know it

especially because he lacks trophies named after him to remind them every year to look him up

:lol

Yeezy
12-13-2022, 10:15 PM
All I'm saying is, if 100 years from now fans still care about Kobe, it will NOT be because they named an exhibition award after him :lol People may look up Cy Young or Larry O'Brien because of the prestige of the awards they're named after, but an all-star game MVP? It's just not happening.

The only player who will probably stand the test of time will be Jordan, like Babe Ruth.

I agree it won't be the award. that is just a tool for them to search his highlights. they will like him because kobe and Jordan have the 2 best highlight packages in history. them and curry or bird or magic. those types will never die off. guys like lebron will because nobody wants to see lebron highlights. even when he makes the shot it looks wrong lol. ugliest form ever

1987_Lakers
12-13-2022, 10:22 PM
Even if they do look up Kobe because of the award, they will soon discover this about him after doing more digging.

Here are Kobe's finals stats

2000 - 15.6 ppg | 39 fg%

2001 - 24 ppg | 41.5 fg% | 50 TS%

2002 - 27 ppg | 51 fg% | 62 TS%

2004 - 23 ppg | 38 fg% | 46 TS%

2008 - 26 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 50.5 TS%

2009 - 32 ppg | 43 fg% | 52.5 TS%

2010 - 29 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 52.8 TS%

Here are Kobe's game seven stats.

44.2 MPG

22.2 points

FG 38.9%

FT 67.3%

8 RPG

5 APG

1 SPG

1.3 BPG

Here are Kobe's stats when facing elimination.

22.3 PPG

5.8 RPG

3.5 APG

1.3 SPG

1.3 BPG

on a 50.3 TS

and his teams went 9-10 in those games.

Yeezy
12-13-2022, 10:27 PM
Even if they do look up Kobe because of the award, they will soon discover this about him after doing more digging.

Here are Kobe's finals stats

2000 - 15.6 ppg | 39 fg%

2001 - 24 ppg | 41.5 fg% | 50 TS%

2002 - 27 ppg | 51 fg% | 62 TS%

2004 - 23 ppg | 38 fg% | 46 TS%

2008 - 26 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 50.5 TS%

2009 - 32 ppg | 43 fg% | 52.5 TS%

2010 - 29 ppg | 40.1 fg% | 52.8 TS%

Here are Kobe's game seven stats.

44.2 MPG

22.2 points

FG 38.9%

FT 67.3%

8 RPG

5 APG

1 SPG

1.3 BPG

Here are Kobe's stats when facing elimination.

22.3 PPG

5.8 RPG

3.5 APG

1.3 SPG

1.3 BPG

on a 50.3 TS

and his teams went 9-10 in those games.

you can knock kobes legit titles all you want. at least he has some

Full Court
12-13-2022, 10:31 PM
if you had lebron top 5 and kobe outside of the top 10 I would have more respect for you cause I could pass it off as just bias. but to shit on both just means you're retarded

personally I have kobe 1 spot ahead of lebron and both around top 5

Shaq was the alpha during Kobe's three-peat. Top five players aren't beta to anyone.

Yeezy
12-13-2022, 10:36 PM
Shaq was the alpha during Kobe's three-peat. Top five players aren't beta to anyone.

kobe proved himself as a top tier all time great without Shaq... Shaq never did without Kobe

in fact almost every year without Kobe he got swept or gentleman swept out of the playoffs. the one ring Shaq got without Kobe he averaged 13 points in that finals. even kobes first finals he averaged 19ppg if you take away the 2 point injury game. Shaq didn't have an injury that finals that screwed up his stats. Shaq was 3rd leading scorer behind Antoine walker. that's his only success without Kobe

Kobe without Shaq nearly 3 peated with 3 finals mvps if not for blowing a massive lead vs Boston in 2008. Kobe had a career nearly on par with Hakeem olajuwon just in his time after Shaq. Shaq had a career on par with? Allen Iverson without Kobe lol

Kobe is always placed above Shaq on every list. fans. media and players. even Shaq himself

you're a complete retard for having that ancient old man point of view lol

Full Court
12-13-2022, 10:45 PM
kobe proved himself as a top tier all time great without Shaq... Shaq never did without Kobe

in fact almost every year without Kobe he got swept or gentleman swept out of the playoffs. the one ring Shaq got without Kobe he averaged 13 points in that finals. even kobes first finals he averaged 19ppg if you take away the 2 point injury game. Shaq didn't have an injury that finals that screwed up his stats. Shaq was 3rd leading scorer behind Antoine walker. that's his only success without Kobe

Kobe without Shaq nearly 3 peated with 3 finals mvps if not for blowing a massive lead vs Boston in 2008. Kobe had a career nearly on par with Hakeem olajuwon just in his time after Shaq. Shaq had a career on par with? Allen Iverson without Kobe lol

Kobe is always placed above Shaq on every list. fans. media and players. even Shaq himself

you're a complete retard for having that ancient old man point of view lol

Woudla coulda shoulda. Fact is, he didn't. :lol

You're delusional.

Yeezy
12-13-2022, 10:49 PM
Woudla coulda shoulda. Fact is, he didn't. :lol

You're delusional.

you act like kobe needed that 3 peat as top dog without Shaq. that would've been overkill lol. Shaq couldn't even do it once without kobe

Full Court
12-13-2022, 10:54 PM
you act like kobe needed that 3 peat as top dog without Shaq. that would've been overkill lol. Shaq couldn't even do it once without kobe

And yet Shaq won FMVP three times. The only player other than Jordan to win 3 FMVP in a row. Russell would have done so to if they had the award back then.

Shaq was the team's alpha. You can't intelligently argue otherwise without showing yourself to be a blind Kobe nutthugger.

Yeezy
12-13-2022, 10:58 PM
And yet Shaq won FMVP three times. The only player other than Jordan to win 3 FMVP in a row. Russell would have done so to if they had the award back then.

Shaq was the team's alpha. You can't intelligently argue otherwise without showing yourself to be a blind Kobe nutthugger.

it doesn't matter that shaq won finals mvp because he won it with kobe.

in 2000 shaq was great but he need kobe to save that ring twice

in 2001 and 2002 it was a co lead more than anything. shaq dominated the weak east and kobe dominated the west

shaq never once proved he could win a legit ring without being saved or carried half of the time by kobe

period

Full Court
12-13-2022, 11:13 PM
it doesn't matter that shaq won finals mvp because he won it with kobe.

in 2000 shaq was great but he need kobe to save that ring twice

in 2001 and 2002 it was a co lead more than anything. shaq dominated the weak east and kobe dominated the west

shaq never once proved he could win a legit ring without being saved or carried half of the time by kobe

period

Clear display of bias of the worst kind. Shows the inability to reason.

Xiao Yao You
12-14-2022, 09:10 AM
Evan Turner: If we ever have a bubble championship again then that specific trophy should be named after him (https://*********.com/social/tweets/)

– via Twitter thekidet (https://twitter.com/thekidet)

:lol

Lebron23
12-14-2022, 09:12 AM
All Star Game trophy. I think LeBron is going to win his 4th all star game MVP in 2023

nineiron
12-14-2022, 11:15 AM
All Star Game trophy. I think LeBron is going to win his 4th all star game MVP in 2023

no on tries in these except LeLame James.

Yeezy
12-14-2022, 11:31 AM

its official.. the Kobe Bryant allstar game MVP presented by Lebron James

make it happen @NBA

HoopologyPhD
12-14-2022, 03:08 PM
Should be awarded to the best player from the team that loses NBA finals.

Yeezy
12-14-2022, 03:14 PM
Should be awarded to the best player from the team that loses NBA finals.

:lebronamazed: