PDA

View Full Version : Lebron says he is "number one leader" of Team USA

IGOTGAME
07-26-2007, 11:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pog6k4onaZQ

is he serious the leaders of the team are obviously Kobe and J-Kidd...This is the exact reason why people like myself dont want Lebron on the final Olympic team

SsKSpurs21
07-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Kobe is really taking initiative in leading that team. its basically his team.

1. Veterans are the Difference Makers

Yes, the captains of Team USA are the young trio of LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony and Dwyane Wade, but the two players who had the biggest impact on Team USA this weekend were Jason Kidd and Kobe Bryant.

Neither player was on the team in Japan last summer, Bryant had his knee to rehab and Kidd hadn't received his USAB invite in the mail yet, but both players made their presence felt in Vegas. It's just the clout that comes from experience. If a two-time scoring champion is taking extra shots after practice, you might want to follow his lead. If a 35-year old man who has made the NBA All-Defensive Team seven times in his career is out there taking charges in scrimmages, you're bound to sacrifice your body just a little bit more.

Here's a closer look at the old guys:

2. Jason Kidd:

"I didn’t come here to lose."
That's what Kidd said after Sunday's scrimmage, telling the gathered media the same thing that he told to the rest of the team a few days before. J-Kidd is 28-0 all time in international competition. How can you lose with a guy like that? Remember when Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez started off his career 8-0 in the playoffs? When he took the mound, the Yankees' collective confidence soared and they expected to win. The same goes for Team USA when Kidd is running the point.

The Blue-White game was vintage Kidd; eight assists, six rebounds, two steals and zero shot attempts through the first 39 minutes of the game and then with his team trailing by one, he drives and puts in a go-ahead layup with 21 seconds left in the game.

3. Kobe Bryant:

The scrimmage didn't count for anything, but for somebody as competitive as Kobe who wants to win at everything, that game-winner over Tayshaun Prince had to feel good. He's so competitive he probably takes personal satisfaction when his luggage is the first to pop out onto the conveyor belt at baggage claim.
Bryant scored the Blue team's last seven points to take the lead, and then deftly defended LeBron James on the final possession to secure the victory. Kobe finished the scrimmage with 26 points, five assists and five steals.
"I’ve been looking forward to this for a while and to be in this position to be able to represent my country, it’s special man. It’s special," Bryant said on Friday after participating in the first USA practice in his 11-year career.

IGOTGAME
07-26-2007, 11:48 PM
I think coach K might have to officially change the captains over to Kidd and Kobe just so Lebron understands that he has to pull back and play his role this year....Originally Kobe was the only captain but he got hurt, now i think they should switch it to dual captains...

Xsatyr
07-26-2007, 11:50 PM
I don't even like Kobe and I would say it is his team. I would dare say, the team will only go as far as he takes them, maybe that is pushing it.

hwliuLAP
07-26-2007, 11:51 PM
am I the only one that noticed Bron needed an intro of him hitting a couple shots at first?
it probably wasn't his idea(even if it was, I wouldn't be surprised)

but I just thought it was ironic that they showed him draining shots

Y2Gezee
07-26-2007, 11:55 PM
He shouldn't even have been a captain last year, should've been Melo himself. Certainly isn't this year. ESPN probably told him to say that

Can't believe he said that the guys are going to look for him to provide a voice and for leadership. What a joke

reppy
07-26-2007, 11:55 PM
"Number one leader" sounds like something a Chinese immigrant with poor English skills would say.

Poseidon
07-26-2007, 11:59 PM
I think coach K might have to officially change the captains over to Kidd and Kobe just so Lebron understands that he has to pull back and play his role this year....Originally Kobe was the only captain but he got hurt, now i think they should switch it to dual captains...

Kidd and Kobe are the TRUE captains of Team USA. LeBron James can call himself the "#1 leader" until he turns blue in the face and it doesn't mean sh!t.

LeBronze is a bonafide CHOKER and hasn't led worth SH!T as the "FACE" of Team USA the past couple of years. If anything, he has become the "butt" of all the Team USA failure jokes (hence "LeBronze").

This guy's arrogance and attitude is getting out of hand. Not surprising from someone who has "Chosen One" tattoed across his hairy back; Has "Witness" tattoed down his lower leg; and goes by "King James."

Memo to LeBron.....learn to hit a phucking jumpshot and make a damn crucial FT becfore proclaiming yourself to be a leader.

While you're at it....have some RESPECT for the veteran leaders and champions on this team.

YAWN
07-27-2007, 12:01 AM
This guy is clueless. WTF.

The funniest part is that it makes more sense to have Kidd, Kobe, Melo starting and have James on the bench. Coach K knows it and hopefully will sit Bron. His ego needs to be checked. I also think this may hurt Lebron among his peers. Kidd will probably sit him down and tell him whats up.

Poseidon
07-27-2007, 12:01 AM
"Number one leader" sounds like something a Chinese immigrant with poor English skills would say.

LeBron is dumb as a brick. Ever heard him talk in a pre/post game interview.

IF not for basketball, dude would be flipping burgers in some joint in Ohio.

qwerty
07-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Kidd and Kobe are the TRUE captains of Team USA. LeBron James can call himself the "#1 leader" until he turns blue in the face and it doesn't mean sh!t.

LeBronze is a bonafide CHOKER and hasn't led worth SH!T as the "FACE" of Team USA the past couple of years. If anything, he has become the "butt" of all the Team USA failure jokes (hence "LeBronze").

This guy's arrogance and attitude is getting out of hand. Not surprising from someone who has "Chosen One" tattoed across his hairy back; Has "Witness" tattoed down his lower leg; and goes by "King James."

Memo to LeBron.....learn to hit a phucking jumpshot and make a damn crucial FT becfore proclaiming yourself to be a leader.

While you're at it....have some RESPECT for the veteran leaders and champions on this team.

He's clearly not as bad as you say he is, since he probably was a top 2 or 3 player last summer on team USA. He averaged 14 ppg on 58% shooting, not to mention leading the team in rebounds.

Richie2k6
07-27-2007, 12:02 AM
That's just plain disrespectful.

Rockets(T-mac)
07-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Hey Lebron can think that. And when he misses more clutch shots he will regret saying it.

Richie2k6
07-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Hey Lebron can think that. And when he misses more clutch shots he will regret saying it.
It's not even the clutch shots. It's the fact that he's a, what, 22 year old saying he's the leader over one of the greatest scorers ever and one of the greatest PG's ever in Kidd? Once when the Nets faced the Cavaliers, after the game Lebron said he's one of the greatest point guards ever and it was an honour to play with him - now he's saying he leads him?

The man is clearly insane.

qwerty
07-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Also note: He said that before the Team USA scrimmage.

Rockets(T-mac)
07-27-2007, 12:10 AM
It's not even the clutch shots. It's the fact that he's a, what, 22 year old saying he's the leader over one of the greatest scorers ever and one of the greatest PG's ever in Kidd? Once when the Nets faced the Cavaliers, after the game Lebron said he's one of the greatest point guards ever and it was an honour to play with him - now he's saying he leads him?

The man is clearly insane.
Yeah he is acting like this Cleveland. Kidd and Kobe are the clear leaders of team. He probably thinks this because he was the leader of the old team.

IGOTGAME
07-27-2007, 12:13 AM
Also note: He said that before the Team USA scrimmage.

Someone should ask him about it again....wonder if he is still number one leader..

Didnt he bring up Lebron call himself a natural born leader before last years games..

hotsizzle
07-27-2007, 12:14 AM
"I feel like I'm the number one leader on this team and guys will look to me to lead by example and lead by voice, and I'm definitely here for it"

yea ok

LakerWarrior12
07-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Good grief...if he is the Number one leader, then he should be able to lead his team without any losses in the Tourney..

I just realized that Lebron hasn't won the Silver or the Gold since he joined Team USA..

Y2Gezee
07-27-2007, 12:18 AM
Yeah he is acting like this Cleveland. Kidd and Kobe are the clear leaders of team. He probably thinks this because he was the leader of the old team.

He wasn't even a leader of that team. Melo basically was. He was only added a captain because Wade and Melo were named captains and they thought it would be a slight to the "great one"

Rockets(T-mac)
07-27-2007, 12:20 AM
He wasn't even a leader of that team. Melo basically was. He was only added a captain because Wade and Melo were named captains and they thought it would be a slight to the "great one"
Yeah I forgot about Wade and Melo. Well I guess he just thinks too highly of himself then.

brantonli
07-27-2007, 12:35 AM
All the nicknames and reaching the Finals is getting into this player's head, he thinks he can lead a team with players almost 10 years older than him, not to mention waaaay more basketball experience than him? I suspect that the ESPY's awards ceremony must've made him think 'Damn, kidd and kobe never had this sort of attention, I must be better than them!"

kumquat
07-27-2007, 12:43 AM
He's gonna prove you all wrong and get a big ass tattoo saying he's the #1 leader. Self appointed jerk #1
:oldlol::oldlol::oldlol:
http://hometown.aol.com/dcsportsguy/chosen1

clayton
07-27-2007, 12:46 AM
My 7/10 respect for him, now dropped to 3/10. :no:

HaNdLe ThE RoCk
07-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Let LeBron think that.

Kobe Bryant and Jason Kidd are the leaders of Team USA.

IGOTGAME
07-27-2007, 12:56 AM
did any1 notice how Lebron looked over his shoulder when he said that...like hope no one hears me(it looks like he is looking back at kobe:oldlol: )

Solid Snake
07-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Ok now I officially don't like Lebron.

picc84
07-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Wow. :oldlol:

Just saying "i'm the leader of this team" would have been egotistical and disrespectful to an extent, considering that Melo and Wade were the best players last time, J-Kidd was added with his 28-0 record, and Kobe was added as well---but just adding that "number one" in front of it so that everybody knows it's Lebron's team and only Lebron's team really takes the cake in terms of big headedness. I dont even know how you can have enough pure, unfiltered gall to say something like that, on camera. :applause: :oldlol:

SsKSpurs21
07-27-2007, 01:10 AM
2004 olympics had a poorly designed team. one reason why tim duncan refused to play again was because of all the egos crying for minutes. back in the old olympic teams they had seasoned veterans who knew and understood their role. in '04 it was all youngsters looking to one up each other.

Tim and AI were the only ones man enough to play and didnt make any lame excuses.

theinfamousmobb
07-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Wow I already disliked LeBron but now I hate the bastard.

picc84
07-27-2007, 01:13 AM
I would have loved to see Melo's reaction to this. Him and JKidd. :oldlol:

And Wade's as well, if he wasnt injured. Thats like a pure slap in the face to them.

mhg88
07-27-2007, 01:14 AM
"Guys are gonna look to me to lead by example and lead by voice, so, I'm here for them"

Need someone to take the last shot? I'm here for you guys, even if I just chuck it off the backboard without even hitting rim...follow my lead!

:oldlol:

Pharmacist
07-27-2007, 01:14 AM
haha, it looked like he was struggling to answer the questions without his PR guys prepping him for it. How about his "celebrity" answer, he couldn't come up with a witty answer that's politically correct and just said "um.. nobody", lol. He looked like he didn't want to be interviewed at all, I'm sure that's what happens to most superstars though when they're getting interviewed on the fly. Most people would probably say something stupid like him if bothered by the media day and night.

Its funny when he got asked if the Cavs are gonna win it all next year, he just rolled his eyes and said "yea, I'm working hard this summer"

IGOTGAME
07-27-2007, 01:16 AM
haha, it looked like he was struggling to answer the questions without his PR guys prepping him for it. How about his "celebrity" answer, he couldn't come up with a witty answer that's politically correct and just said "um.. nobody", lol. He looked like he didn't want to be interviewed at all, I'm sure that's what happens to most superstars though when they're getting interviewed on the fly. Most people would probably say something stupid like him if bothered by the media day and night.

trust me lots of nba players get bothered and wouldnt say something stupid like that...I sounded more like what he really felt...

Honestly he gets a big pass from the media and especially ESPN, imagine if certain other people had said that..what would espn do with it..how many articles would be out by now???

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 01:18 AM
Damn that's a lot of back hair.

Anyway, good for LeBron. Where the **** were Kobe and Kidd last summer? And now they're the "leaders", after one scrimmage? Pay your dues, rookies.

Melo leads the team in shot attempts, that's all he cares about.

LakerWarrior12
07-27-2007, 01:20 AM
I can't even imagine Lebron James taking the last shot in the final minutes..

We will have to wait and see if Lebron James can prove us wrong..

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Damn that's a lot of back hair.

Anyway, good for LeBron. Where the **** were Kobe and Kidd last summer? And now they're the "leaders", after one scrimmage? Pay your dues, rookies.

Melo leads the team in shot attempts, that's all he cares about.

WTF are you talking about? Kobe was getting knee surgery and Kidd wasn't even on the original squad since Colangelo assumed he wasn't interested. And Kidd's always been the f&cking leader, that's who he is. And he is 34-0 in international competition, wtf does lebron have?

Melo led the team in shot attempts while shooting at a high percentage and better from three, and totally outplayed Lebron in almost every single aspect of the game during the 06 worlds...

...so again, wtf are you talking about

IGOTGAME
07-27-2007, 01:22 AM
I can't even imagine Lebron James taking the last shot in the final minutes..

We will have to wait and see if Lebron James can prove us wrong..
do you really want lebron taking the last shot and losing our country a medal this year...come on coach K be a man and cut him like you and D'Antoni wanted to last time..Forget about the media fall out and do whats best for your country

Darsh
07-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Wow, just.. wow. Probably thinks he's a leader because he calls "1, 2, 3, USA!!" in the huddle.

el_locoteee
07-27-2007, 01:25 AM
He self proclaim the leader, :no: you are not Lebron this is not Cleav. this the USA team, you have to earns that title.

Y2Gezee
07-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Wow. :oldlol:

Just saying "i'm the leader of this team" would have been egotistical and disrespectful to an extent, considering that Melo and Wade were the best players last time, J-Kidd was added with his 28-0 record, and Kobe was added as well---but just adding that "number one" in front of it so that everybody knows it's Lebron's team and only Lebron's team really takes the cake in terms of big headedness. I dont even know how you can have enough pure, unfiltered gall to say something like that, on camera. :applause: :oldlol:

It would be egotistical for Kidd or Kobe to say too, but atleast they'd be somewhat right because guys are going to come to them.

It would've been egotistical for AI or Duncan to have said it in 2004. Its just an egotistical thing to say.

But for this fool to say it when its obviously not true, then... Hell I don't even think he should be on the team, nevertheless the leader. I want the idiot to name one example of a player on that team not named Durant or Oden that has come to him for his vocal leadership as he suggested on that vid? Just 1. Just 1 mother****er.

LakerWarrior12
07-27-2007, 01:26 AM
do you really want lebron taking the last shot and losing our country a medal this year...come on coach K be a man and cut him like you and D'Antoni wanted to last time..Forget about the media fall out and do whats best for your country

Like I said before, I can't imagine Lebron James taking the last shot..the only players on Team USA that should take the last shot are Bryant,Melo, and Miller.

My respect for Lebron decreased from, 8/10 to 2/10..for saying this BS.

picc84
07-27-2007, 01:27 AM
He self proclaim the leader, :no: you are not Lebron this is not Cleav. this the USA team, you have to earns that title.

Lebron is not Lebron? :confusedshrug:

Poseidon
07-27-2007, 01:28 AM
This is where LeBroom ranks on Team USA in terms of "leadership":

Kobe/Kidd
Billups
Melo
Battier
Williams
Hinrich
LeBrick

Cannonball
07-27-2007, 01:29 AM
What a ****ing hater. Yeah lets cut lebron that will really help us win the gold.

LBJ>Kobe in leadership. Not clutch shots. LEADERSHIP. Kobe has proved nothing about being a good leader. Kidd has, but Lebron let a cast of nobodys to the nba finals. He is a great leader.

junkifunki
07-27-2007, 01:29 AM
LeBron is dumb as a brick. Ever heard him talk in a pre/post game interview.

IF not for basketball, dude would be flipping burgers in some joint in Ohio.

If not for basketball, he'd dominate another sport

SsKSpurs21
07-27-2007, 01:31 AM
player egos will once again result in the demise of Team USA...where is AppleNader when you need him? :confusedshrug:

we need more veterans and less younsters becuase they still dont understand the concept of team ball and filling in roles. that is what the other USA teams did so well. all the players complimented each other and kept egos in check...instead of everyone trying to "be the man" or be the "number one leader"

Poseidon
07-27-2007, 01:32 AM
If not for basketball, he'd dominate another sport

....in STATE PRISON. :oldlol:

ExpatSunsFan
we need more veterans and less younsters becuase they still dont understand the concept of team ball and filling in roles. that is what he other USA teams did so well. all the players complimented each other and kept egos in check...instead of each on trying to "be the man" or be the "number one leader"
Where's Duncan, then?

picc84
It would be egotistical for Kidd or Kobe to say too, but atleast they'd be somewhat right because guys are going to come to them.

For one, I doubt either of them actually believe they are the "number one leader" of the team, and even if they did, wouldn't have the gall to proclaim it on camera. Lebron's head is so big he actually believes this to be so indisputable that its no big deal for him to say it out loud. Even when he knows better than anyone that Melo and Wade were at least as much of leaders as he was last time, and that JKidd is coming in as the vet presence with an undefeated record.

Hell I don't even think he should be on the team

I wouldnt go that far. :oldlol: He obviously has things he can bring to the team, and works well with JKidd as seen in the scrimmage. He played well enough last time, just not as well as Melo and Wade, who he should have had a little more respect for.

Darsh
What a ****ing hater. Yeah lets cut lebron that will really help us win the gold.

LBJ>Kobe in leadership. Not clutch shots. LEADERSHIP. Kobe has proved nothing about being a good leader. Kidd has, but Lebron let a cast of nobodys to the nba finals. He is a great leader.

HAH. Put Kobe on the Lakers in the West and lets see how well he would do. :oldlol:

Honestly though, i never used to like Lebron. Then i began to like him just recently, but this is just the dumbest sh-t i have ever heard.

He acts like he's playing with a bunch of young scrubs the way he says it.

SsKSpurs21
07-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Where's Duncan, then?

read my post on page 2 :D

Poseidon
The Rock's message to LeBronze:

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51688KGX0ZL._AA280_.jpg

AppleNader
The coaching staff wanted to cut Lebronze the first time around in 06 when it became obvious that:

1. His game was a poor fit
2. He was a f&cking arrogant ass hole

Hell, it even took f&cking Bruce Bowen of all people to drag him to the side and lecture him about treating people with respect. It's too bad nobody on USA Basketball has the f&cking balls to take Lebron off the team though.

brantonli
James: Hey Jason, I need to talk to you about the terrible game you just had.
Kidd: Kiddo, I need to tell you that I'm 12 years older than you.

IGOTGAME
07-27-2007, 01:34 AM

Are you saying that Lebron is a leader on this team???

and here is some info about the coaching staffs thoughts on lebron

Before the world championships in Japan last summer, the Team USA coaching staff was disappointed in James's effort and his inability to function offensively unless he had the ball. The coaches would have made LeBron the first cut after his lackadaisical initial week of practice were it not for the massive public relations fallout that would have resulted from the axing of the league's most globally marketed player.

el_locoteee
07-27-2007, 01:36 AM
Lebron is not Lebron? :confusedshrug:

LOL I mean He is not Lebron that play for Cleav. he is Lebron that play for US a team full of veterans great players. He will have to earn the title as a leader and so far his not helping his cause with those horrible last shoot whit the game on the line.

Poseidon
07-27-2007, 01:37 AM
Anyone ever heard of a "Number TWO" Leader?

Aren't LEADERS #1 by default? :oldlol:

So much for that Akron education. :roll:

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Melo led the team in shot attempts while shooting at a high percentage and better from three, and totally outplayed Lebron in almost every single aspect of the game during the 06 worlds...
Melo isn't even the leader in Denver. He's a chucker, he chucked in 06, and he'll chuck again this year.

Who cares whether Kobe or Kidd has a ****ing permission slip? Were they there taking the heat in 06? No, then shut up and listen to LeBron...do a good job, and you'll have a shot at running the team when it counts, in 08.

Poseidon
07-27-2007, 01:39 AM
The coaching staff wanted to cut Lebronze the first time around in 06 when it became obvious that:

1. His game was a poor fit
2. He was a f&cking arrogant ass hole

Hell, it even took f&cking Bruce Bowen of all people to drag him to the side and lecture him about treating people with respect. It's too bad nobody on USA Basketball has the f&cking balls to take Lebron off the team though.

It's NOT USA Basketball......it's NIKE and David Stern.

Remember that NIKE is the primary sponsor for USA Basketball and a rerason why 95% of the players currently on Team USA are under NIKE contracts (hence why Iverson was not invited).

LeBron is an egotistical a-hole and deserves to be cut.

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Melo isn't even the leader in Denver. He's a chucker, he chucked in 06, and he'll chuck again this year.

Who cares whether Kobe or Kidd has a ****ing permission slip? Were they there taking the heat in 06? No, then shut up and listen to LeBron...do a good job, and you'll have a shot at running the team when it counts, in 08.

Do you enjoy making retarded and irrelevant arguments?

Actually, if you had bothered to even watch any games, Carmelo chucked far less than lebron. Averaged more points, shot better from three, worked well off the ball, you name it.

I don't understand how you can even defend Lebron as a leader after 2006. Just because he was f&cking there means he's a leader? "Shut up and listen to Lebron"?? For the love of god do you even know what you are talking about? The Lebron that the entire coaching staff wanted to cut because of his completely arrogant behavior and inability to fit the FIBA style? The Lebron that walked off the court without even congratulating Greece after getting his ass handed to him? The Lebron that didn't show jack sh*t in leadership compared to Melo and Wade in 2006?

Please, do you even know anything about basketball in general? Moreso, do you even know anything about Jkidd? Do you know Jkidd's teams are f&cking 34-0 in FIBA competitions? Do you even know JKidd's skill and reputation as the best f&cking leader in the entire NBA. Clearly you don't, because you are still clinging to completely pointless and irrelevant arguments in your pathetitic defense of Lebron.

LakerWarrior12
07-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Anyone ever heard of a "Number TWO" Leader?

Aren't LEADERS #1 by default? :oldlol:

So much for that Akron education. :roll:

Lebron James probably thinks that he is the Number 1 leader because of his great achievement, leading a team to the nba finals..while Kidd led a team to the finals twice and even won 2 games against the same team that eliminated the Cavs..

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 01:42 AM
read my post on page 2 :D
No lame excuses? Seriously? :oldlol:

LeBron's main problem with the international game is that Kryzyzewski is afraid to play him at PF.

IGOTGAME
07-27-2007, 01:42 AM

LeBron's main problem with the international game is that Kryzyzewski is afraid to play him at PF.

:roll: :roll:

YAWN
07-27-2007, 01:43 AM

Are you 13? Because your argument is pathetic. The reasons those guys werent there have already been mentioned. Do yourself a favor and read.

Are you really trying to justify the moronic comments that Lebron made? "#1 Leader". WTF. Thiis is with Kidd and Kobe on the team who without having to say anything on the subject are clearly the leaders. The coaching staff and the players all know it. Minus Lebronze that is. Melo is a better fit for this team than Lebron.

For the sake of winning the gold lets hope they sit him and only put him in to give Melo a breather.

SsKSpurs21
07-27-2007, 01:44 AM

do you remember some of the excuses in '04? some players not wanting to play because they wanted to be with family (bull****), others set wedding dates during the olympics so they wouldnt have to play, others claimed security risks...give me a break.

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 01:46 AM

More proof that you don't know what the f&ck you are talking about. Since its clear you didn't even watch a single game, and don't know the first thing about international basketball, let me explain:

Lebron was put at PF for most of the beginning of the tournament. It quickly became clear that his lack of footwork, fundamentals, and experience playing inside was causing USA to get f&cking killed on defense, as well as completely f&cking our offensive sets.

Get an education, seriously.

Poseidon
07-27-2007, 01:46 AM

Actually LeBron's main problem(s) is that he can't make a jumper, can't make a FT when it counts, a liability on defense, has no low-post game, holds the ball too long on offense and is very limited in a half-court game.

Other than that, he's a perfect fit for Team USA. :oldlol:

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 01:47 AM
Actually, if you had bothered to even watch any games, Carmelo chucked far less than lebron.

I watched every single game, and that's not true. Melo made more of his bad shots (with LeBron missing better ones) and didn't make any effort to run the team.

If he's hot, put Melo out there, but don't give me any **** about him being a leader, thank you.

Please, do you even know anything about f&cking JKidd or basketball in general?
I know more about Jason Kidd than you ever will about any basketball player.

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 01:49 AM
I watched every single game, and that's not true. Melo made more of his bad shots (with LeBron missing better ones) and didn't make any effort to run the team.

If he's hot, put Melo out there, but don't give me any **** about him being a leader, thank you.

I know more about Jason Kidd than you ever will about any basketball player.

Again, I enjoy it when people who clearly have not watched a single game try and claim they did, but then make the same blatantly incorrect observations over and over again. Maybe if you had ACTUALLY watched and understood the games and practices, you would have seen MELO and WADE leading the team. What did Lebron do? B&tch at the coaching staff, be disrespectful to other players, and be a completely poor sport when he got his ass whooped.

Your arguments have been completely destroyed. You presented absolutely no facts, no observations, no nothing. Typical.

ExpatSunsFan
Are you 13?

No.

For the sake of winning the gold lets hope they sit him and only put him in to give Melo a breather.

So we're winning the gold in 07 now?

:rolleyes:

:)

SsKSpurs21
More proof that you don't know what the f&ck you are talking about. Since its clear you didn't even watch a single game, and don't know the first thing about international basketball, let me explain:

Lebron was put at PF for most of the beginning of the tournament. It quickly became clear that his lack of footwork, fundamentals, and experience playing inside was causing USA to get f&cking killed on defense, as well as completely f&cking our offensive sets.

Get an education, seriously.

yup another problem was there were no outside shooters. duncan was commanding that double but had noone to pass out to for shots. and when he would pass out all melo, lebron, and wade would try to do was iso and try to beat teams off the dribble...plus duncan was the only defensive big on the team...and elton brand i believe.

YAWN
07-27-2007, 01:50 AM
No.

So we're winning the gold in 07 now?

:rolleyes:

:)

i meant in 08 idiot.

Poseidon
I'd much rather have Melo "chuck" instead of LeBron.

At least with Melo, the ball has a good chance of going through the hoop.

It just pisses me off that LeBronze is going to ride Kobe and J-Kidd coattails for a GOLD medal.

Darsh

:oldlol: did you just rick roll yourself? Uhhhh, yes. Yes you did.

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 01:52 AM
do you remember some of the excuses in '04? some players not wanting to play because they wanted to be with family (bull****), others set wedding dates during the olympics so they wouldnt have to play, others claimed security risks...give me a break.

Duncan gets full credit for showing up, sure. He waited to make his excuses after he lost.

He's not coming this time, though. So which veteran is the U.S. supposed to add? Ginobili?

IGOTGAME
yup another problem was there were no outside shooters. duncan was commanding that double but had noone to pass out to for shots. and when he would pass out all melo, lebron, and wade would try to do was iso and try to beat teams off the dribble...plus duncan was the only defensive big on the team...and elton brand i believe.

that is true...the only one that was shooting good was Melo but Larry Brown was to stubborn to play him...

If that team had 2 shooters they would have been fine but they tried to make guys like RJ shooters and it was just horrible...Duncan played fine it was just that guys didnt finish the plays

mhg88
:oldlol: did you just rick roll yourself? Uhhhh, yes. Yes you did.

But those are good shots! Lebron just doesn't make them...

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 01:55 AM

...and their defense and half-court offensive sets were so wonderful the rest of the way...yeah, smart decision there.

Lack of "experience"? Now you're just setting yourself up.

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 01:56 AM
...and their defense and half-court offensive sets were so wonderful the rest of the way...yeah, smart decision there.

Lack of "experience"? Now you're just setting yourself up.

Mainly because of Lebron and his LACK of any off ball movement, or understanding of the FIBA game, or any defensive fundamentals, yea he played a major part in destroying any offensive and defensive chemistry we had. Again, maybe if you watched the games and understood something about basketball, this would not be such an alien concept to you.

Maybe you should learn how to make better arguments. Seriously, reread your responses to all these posts. They contain nothing more than garbage one liners and irrelevant statements. No facts, no observations from actually watching him play FIBA ball, no nothing. It's pathetic and laughable.

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 01:59 AM
Actually LeBron's main problem(s) is that he can't make a jumper, can't make a FT when it counts...has no low-post game, holds the ball too long on offense and is very limited in a half-court game.

He doesn't need any of those things at PF--just hand him some Shawn Marion tapes and tell him to be a leader. :)

If Jordan can be a defensive specialist, LeBron can be a garbageman. He physically overmatches every PF in int'l play, so it's just a matter of building him up mentally and philosophically.

mhg88
07-27-2007, 02:02 AM
He doesn't need any of those things at PF--just hand him some Shawn Marion tapes and tell him to be a leader. :)

If Jordan can be a defensive specialist, LeBron can be a garbageman. He physically overmatches every PF in int'l play, so it's just a matter of building him up mentally and philosophically.

Bron better hit up Aristotle for some advice then.

IGOTGAME

please just stop...please its not even worth disproving what sou say anymore... You honestly think Lebron can guard international power forwards???why he doesnt understand anything about post play....

ExpatSunsFan
i meant in 08 idiot.
Then you should say 08, because we're talking about the 07 team here, moron.

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 02:03 AM

Again, a completely useless, immature, and uneducated argument. Classic retard post, but then again, I don't expect much more out of you.

Lebron physically overmatches every PF in international play?? Again, this just shows you know JACK SH&T about international basketball. Doesn't take a basketball genius to understand that playing the 4 in FIBA takes alot more finesse, fundamentals, and intelligence then having Lebron trying to muscle his way into the lane (and subsequently get packed in by the zone).

BUilding himself up philosophically? You want f&cking Aristotle to be on this team? you god damn retard

brantonli
07-27-2007, 02:05 AM

I'm pretty sure that you need a low-post game to be a PF, Shawn Marion is a natural SF who plays PF because of the Suns system. Ugh, I remember watching some Cavs games, and I can't actually imagine LeBron trying to limit what he does normally in NBA games to FIBA games.

YAWN
07-27-2007, 02:06 AM
Then you should say 08, because we're talking about the 07 team here, moron.
Its the same ****ing team genius. We're talking about Team USA.

Stop being a troll. Your arguments in defense of Lebron are idiotic.

SsKSpurs21
07-27-2007, 02:08 AM
shouldnt a "number one leader" already BE built up mentally and philosophically? :confusedshrug:

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 02:09 AM
Mainly because of Lebron and his LACK of any off ball movement, or understanding of the FIBA game, or any defensive fundamentals, yea he played a major part in destroying any offensive and defensive chemistry we had. Again, maybe if you watched the games and understood something about basketball, this would not be such an alien concept to you.
And your argument is that Kryzyzewski was a genius to move him to SF. Okay, got it.

When it comes to chemistry and team play, all of the big three struggled in 06, as you're already well aware. Like Duncan in 04, they all still get credit for being there.

Kidd and Kobe don't have any "credit", just a bunch of idiots creaming themselves over an exhibition. If they act like professionals and veterans, they'll work their way up, but right now, the key for the U.S. is to not lose the big three.

LeBron wants to be the leader, he's earned it.

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 02:10 AM
Bron better hit up Aristotle for some advice then.
Mike D'Antoni is still alive, maybe he should ask him instead.

YAWN
07-27-2007, 02:11 AM
And your argument is that Kryzyzewski was a genius to move him to SF. Okay, got it.

When it comes to chemistry and team play, all of the big three struggled in 06, as you're already well aware. Like Duncan in 04, they all still get credit for being there.

Kidd and Kobe don't have any "credit", just a bunch of idiots creaming themselves over an exhibition. If they act like professionals and veterans, they'll work their way up, but right now, the key for the U.S. is to not lose the big three.

yeah cause the 20+ combined years of being great players just go right out the window.

mhg88
07-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Mike D'Antoni is still alive, maybe he should ask him instead.

Or you could ask someone what "philosophical" means and use it in the right context to avoid looking like a dumbass.

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 02:12 AM
Doesn't take a basketball genius to understand that playing the 4 in FIBA takes alot more finesse, fundamentals, and intelligence then having Lebron trying to muscle his way into the lane (and subsequently get packed in by the zone).
Just like Marion does?

Reading is fundamental, you know.

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 02:13 AM

1. Actually, Coach K moved him to guard, which you would've noticed if you had bothered to watch the games. That's ONLY when Lebron started to improve.

2. Here's a hint for you. This isn't grade school. You don't get credit for just showing up...can you understand this? You get the credit and leadership credentials for being a GOOD FIBA player and having the earned reputation as a leader. You don't get f&cking credit for just being there in 2006 like Lebron. Jesus Christ is this concept really too hard for you to understand? Lebron disrespects his teammates and is a terrible fit for FIBA, yet deserves to be a leader just because "he was there in 2006"? You sir, are a complete and utter retard

AllNBAArenas
07-27-2007, 02:13 AM

Lebron has not earned it. Melo has played better for his country than Lebron. There are no ifs, and or buts about it. End of story.

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 02:14 AM
Or you could ask someone what "philosophical" means and use it in the right context to avoid looking like a dumbass.
7. A set of ideas or beliefs relating to a particular field or activity; an underlying theory: an original philosophy of advertising.

Do your own work next time.

LakerWarrior12
07-27-2007, 02:15 AM
Lebron has not earned it. Melo has played better for his country than Lebron. There are no ifs, and or buts about it. End of story.

Let Lebron be the leader, I don't even think Team USA will even get the Silver or the Gold..and it will be Lebronze's fault.

IGOTGAME
07-27-2007, 02:16 AM
Let Lebron be the leader, I don't even think Team USA will even get the Silver or the Gold..and it will be Lebronze's fault.

no matter what happens from now on it will be blamed on Kobe if they lose...believe that..

ExpatSunsFan
Its the same ****ing team genius. We're talking about Team USA.
Just like this year's team is the same as 06, right?

:sleeping

saKf
@#$% LeBron. Tell him I said it.

mhg88
7. A set of ideas or beliefs relating to a particular field or activity; an underlying theory: an original philosophy of advertising.

Do your own work next time.

Ok how can Lebron build himself up "philosophically" in order to play PF for Team USA?

IGOTGAME
07-27-2007, 02:17 AM
@#$% LeBron. Tell him I said it.

i got really good seats for Vegas, Im gonna tell for you when he is on the bench

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 02:18 AM
i got really good seats for Vegas, Im gonna tell for you when he is on the bench

I'll probably be there too.

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 02:19 AM
shouldnt a "number one leader" already BE built up mentally and philosophically? :confusedshrug:
They brought the kids in in the first place to grow with the team, remember? And why--because the veterans didn't feel like showing up, isn't that right?

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 02:20 AM
and yet you still cling to the completely retarded notion that just because Lebron was "there originally", he should be the leader, regardless of the fact that he does not respect his teammates, fit the FIBA game well at all, and shows jack sh&t leadership compared to Kidd.

Brilliant. Can you even understand what you are trying to f&cking get at? You've dug yourself into such a massive hole, and every single one of your arguments and bullsh&t speculation has been completely destroyed.

hotsizzle
07-27-2007, 02:21 AM

You cant be taken seriously anymore after this.

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 02:22 AM
yeah cause the 20+ combined years of being great players just go right out the window.

They started from scratch in 06, remember? So yes, out the window.

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 02:24 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: @ your argument.

So they started in 06, so only those people in 06 who were there originally like Lebron deserve to be leaders...regardless of how terrible of a leader and FIBA player he showed himself to be....just because he "was there", he "deserves" to be the leader. And even though they brought in one of the most experienced and respected leaders in JKidd onto the team to ACTUALLY command team USA, you say that he's worthless because he wasn't there in 06 originally.

That is the most f&cking retarded thing I have ever seen on ISH. Period.

Darsh
07-27-2007, 02:29 AM
Hell, by that logic, why isnt brad miller the number 1 leader?!

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 02:33 AM
2. Here's a hint for you. This isn't grade school. You don't get credit for just showing up...
If you believe this, you're the one who's still in grade school.

Darsh
07-27-2007, 02:34 AM
^ HAHAHA. True d00d. This is totally grade school.

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 02:36 AM
If you believe this, you're the one who's still in grade school.

Man, arguing with a complete moron is hilarious.

Let me ask you a very simple question. Who would you rather lead team USA:

1. Somebody who was there in 2006, but is disrespectful to his teammates, immature, a terrible fit for FIBA, was about to get cut by his own coaching staff, and is a poor sport.

2. The most respected point guard in the league, 34-0 in international competition, and one of the most experienced US guards we have, but wasn't there in 2006.

Seriously, answer this question. By your logic, you would chose #1, which cements yourself as a utter moron. You've dug yourself into such a deep hole, and now you can't do sh&t except try to stretch that horse sh&t argument out.

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 02:40 AM
Ok how can Lebron build himself up "philosophically" in order to play PF for Team USA?

He needs to dedicate himself to playing without the basketball, which he has plenty of talent for.

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 02:44 AM
and yet you still cling to the completely retarded notion that just because Lebron was "there originally"
Not just there--he was the leader (along with Wade).

Finish 06 as the leader, start 07 as the leader. Pretty simple, I know.

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 02:46 AM
Not just there--he was the leader (along with Wade).

Finish 06 as the leader, start 07 as the leader. Pretty simple, I know.

PRetty retarded actually, and I can just see you struggling to make that connection because even you are starting to see how retarded of an argument that was.

And again, since you didn't even bother to watch any of the games and practices, you clearly just assumed that Lebron and Wade were the leaders. However, everybody who ACTUALLY paid attention, understood, and watched the games knew that Melo and Wade were the two key players. Period. They led by example and by performance in both practice and games, and were the good sports when USA got beat. Not Lebron. This is not even a point of debate among educated bball fans, because it's so f&cking obvious.

Oh and again, answer my previous question. I'll quote it again for your convenience.

1. Somebody who was there in 2006, but is disrespectful to his teammates, immature, a terrible fit for FIBA, was about to get cut by his own coaching staff, and is a poor sport.

2. The most respected point guard in the league, 34-0 in international competition, and one of the most experienced US guards we have, but wasn't there in 2006.
Would you rather have #1 or #2 leading Team USA?

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 02:55 AM
Man, arguing with a complete moron is hilarious.

Neither of them. Kidd especially is master of the off-court implosion, giving his teammates just enough rope to hang each other.

Now, tactically, if you want LeBron to improve (and the plan is still to build around him long-term), you need to have a carrot to tie to his head, because making empty threats to cut him will only work so many times. But that's not my point, which is that they're trying to build the U.S. team more like other countries who've had success, and the key to that is stability, i.e. not throwing the captain's "C" at the first guy to look good against crappy man defense.

el_locoteee
07-27-2007, 02:57 AM
He probably be the leader but he is definitely not taken the last shoot unless they want to win the bronze medal again.

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 02:58 AM
Neither of them. Kidd especially is master of the off-court implosion, giving his teammates just enough rope to hang each other.

Now, tactically, if you want LeBron to improve (and the plan is still to build around him long-term), you need to have a carrot to tie to his head, because making empty threats to cut him will only work so many times. But that's not my point, which is that they're trying to build the U.S. team more like other countries who've had success, and the key to that is stability, i.e. not throwing the captain's "C" at the first guy to look good against crappy man defense.

Oh so now, neither of them...even though you've been on Lebron's nuts until now. Brilliant.

Please stop spewing crap that you have no clue about. "Stability" comes from having an experienced and respected leader and practice time. It helps when you have a point guard that has been there and knows what he's doing. It does NOT come from having an incompetent like James "leading" your team twice. Since you don't know much about basketball in general, this rather commonly understood notion is probably completely over your head.

Kobe24
07-27-2007, 02:58 AM

Wow... I've read enough. Anybody in the league would play with Kidd. I'm not even exaggerating. I actually know that everyone would love to play with him and if someone doesn't then they don't deserve to be in the league. He's the ideal teammate. Why would Lebron be a leader if they failed last time? If your team doesn't make the playoffs, you make adjustments right? Same thing applies here.

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 02:59 AM
However, everybody who ACTUALLY paid attention, understood, and watched the games knew that Melo and Wade were the two key players.
I.e. not leaders. Will Kobe be the 'key player' in 07? Who's arguing otherwise?

Struggling to make a connection here? :oldlol:

YAWN
07-27-2007, 03:01 AM

Referring to the last bolded part: You do realize we're talking about the greatest point guard in the world and the greatest swingman in the world? Youre acting like people are trying to say Eric Snow should be the leader over your precious Lebronze.

AppleNader

As I have already explained and shown to you, Melo and Wade were the key players and leaders, not Lebron. Keep clinging to the belief that Lebron was a "leader" in 06, even though you really have no way to back it up since you didn't watch any of the games or practices. I'm sorry if you are too dense to understand this. People who actually took the time to watch the games understand this fact rather clearly, but people who didn't watch and lack basketball knowledge in general continue to assume Lebron was as much of a leader as Melo and Wade. The sad thing is that it is completely incorrect, yet you are too ignorant to change.

Rather, I think it is simply due to you not being able to develop logical and consistent arguments.

Kobe24

Leaders aren't key players? I'm seriously lost here.

I feel like doing this when I read your posts :banghead:

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Wow... I've read enough. Anybody in the league would play with Kidd. I'm not even exaggerating. I actually know that everyone would love to play with him and if someone doesn't then they don't deserve to be in the league. He's the ideal teammate. Why would Lebron be a leader if they failed last time? If your team doesn't make the playoffs, you make adjustments right? Same thing applies here.

I hope you guys trade Bynum for him. :)

As a Lakers fan, you should already be familiar with the distinction, obviously.

FabCasablancas
07-27-2007, 03:08 AM
Am I missing something? Kobe and Jkidd didn't lead their teams to the Finals.. people that say these guys are the leaders are living in the past.. Kobe hasn't done anything since Shaq left.. except pad his own stats of course.. I'm sure he has a lot of energy though considering he's been off for so long. 3 straight summers.. didn't get deep in the playoffs and didn't play for his national team..

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 03:10 AM
Again, let me challenge you to answer this simple question: Again, restated for your convenience:

Originally, you said "NEITHER", which highlights your stupidity completely since you've spent the better part of the night defending Lebron's right to be a leader. Then, you provide absolutely no arguments backing that up, and then make completely incorrect assumptions regarding his role in 06. So answer it again, and try to f&cking explain the messed up logic in your brain.

IGOTGAME
07-27-2007, 03:11 AM
this thread got so stupid so quick

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 03:11 AM
You can say it as many times as you want, but that doesn't make it true.

Melo a leader...:oldlol:

again, since you didn't watch any of the games, you really have no position to base it on, except your own incorrect impressions and assumptions.

shadow
07-27-2007, 03:15 AM
Am I missing something? Kobe and Jkidd didn't lead their teams to the Finals.. people that say these guys are the leaders are living in the past.. Kobe hasn't done anything since Shaq left.. except pad his own stats of course.. I'm sure he has a lot of energy though considering he's been off for so long. 3 straight summers.. didn't get deep in the playoffs and didn't play for his national team..
Jason Kidd didn't lead his team to the finals? What the heck were you doing in '02 ans '03; hibernating?

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 03:16 AM
And again, I challenge you to provide a fact of some sort that indicates that Lebron would be a good fit as leader of Team USA. You've already spewed a ridiculous and logically retarded argument that since he was a "leader" in 06, he should be a "leader" in 07 regardless of how terrible of a fit he is.

So go, try and defend him:

Y2Gezee
07-27-2007, 03:16 AM

Thank Expat for that

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 03:17 AM

I don't think I've ever seen a more retarded poster than Expatsunsfan.

At least people like Lebron23 give up when they get owned, rather then try and dig themselves into an even deeper hole.

I can't wait until the afternoon ISH crew shows up and reads this sh&t.

dudeguykid
07-27-2007, 03:19 AM
What the hell is wrong with this guy? His ego is crazy. He truly believes hes the "#1 Leader". :oldlol:

FabCasablancas
07-27-2007, 03:21 AM
Jason Kidd didn't lead his team to the finals? What the heck were you doing in '02 ans '03; hibernating?

Like I said.. you are living in the past..

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 03:22 AM

like its clear, you haven't read through this thread:oldlol:

ExpatSunsFan
07-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Originally, you said "NEITHER", which highlights your stupidity completely since you've spent the better part of the night defending Lebron's right to be a leader. Then, you provide absolutely no arguments backing that up, and then make completely incorrect assumptions regarding his role in 06. So answer it again, and try to f&cking explain the messed up logic in your brain.
So 'key player' is now the same thing as 'leader', and 'has the right to be' is the same thing as 'is good at' too?

I hope you watch better than you read (or think). If not, you're wasting your time in LV.

If Kobe or Kidd wants to lead the U.S. team, he needs to pay his dues first, on the court and in the locker room. Neither has had the time for that yet, so neither is the leader.

Whoosh. It goes over your head again.

Oh well, have fun complaining. :oldlol:

Kobe24

I guess there's a time limit on leadership status. :confusedshrug:

FabCasablancas
like its clear, you haven't read through this thread:oldlol:

And you are living in the past posts of this thread! :oldlol:

FabCasablancas
07-27-2007, 03:27 AM
I guess there's a time limit on leadership status. :confusedshrug:

Obviously.. otherwise Kidd would have led his team to the Finals this season rather than LeBron.

Kobe24
07-27-2007, 03:30 AM
Obviously.. otherwise Kidd would have led his team to the Finals this season rather than LeBron.

Wow, I can't argue that. I guess Dirk isn't a leader.

hwliuLAP
07-27-2007, 03:47 AM
If Kidd wants to lead the U.S. team, he needs to pay his dues first, on the court and in the locker room. N

Kidd did nothing but win us a couple gold
a 30+win and zero loss record
what dues? huh?

Lebron never plays the 4 right? yeah.........

it was kinda interesting to watch Applenadar putting up a lecture until it got old. And I'm pretty sure it was clear that this was Kobe's team when it was first assembled, Coach K said it himself

While Kobe was getting into better shape for Team USA
Lebron was doing..... well....ESPY..... not working on his jump shots
great off the court leadership

just think about what would have happened if Kidd wasn't on the same team with Bron..... more air balls maybe?
And it won't be like the scrimmage when it actually comes to international plays, we will not be playing an up tempo style for Bron to get those wide open dunks, I'm excited to see what he'll bring to the table and how his fans are going to bail him out once again.

And I bet Durant can out shoot Lebron like no other :roll:

Myth
07-27-2007, 05:13 AM
My how everybody has jumped off the LeBron bandwagon and back onto the 'Melo one. Did everybody forget that Carmelo was a horrible representative in 2004 and refused to show teams that won respect? Marbury of all people had to tell him to stop being a dumbass.

chains5000
07-27-2007, 06:21 AM
My how everybody has jumped off the LeBron bandwagon and back onto the 'Melo one. Did everybody forget that Carmelo was a horrible representative in 2004 and refused to show teams that won respect? Marbury of all people had to tell him to stop being a dumbass.
He was clearly Team USA's better player during the World Championship.
I'm not going to decide who is "the leader", but Carmelo should start ahead of Lebron at SF, with Kobe as SG.

Cannonball
07-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Kidd did nothing but win us a couple gold
a 30+win and zero loss record
what dues? huh?

Lebron never plays the 4 right? yeah.........

it was kinda interesting to watch Applenadar putting up a lecture until it got old. And I'm pretty sure it was clear that this was Kobe's team when it was first assembled, Coach K said it himself

While Kobe was getting into better shape for Team USA
Lebron was doing..... well....ESPY..... not working on his jump shots
great off the court leadership

just think about what would have happened if Kidd wasn't on the same team with Bron..... more air balls maybe?
And it won't be like the scrimmage when it actually comes to international plays, we will not be playing an up tempo style for Bron to get those wide open dunks, I'm excited to see what he'll bring to the table and how his fans are going to bail him out once again.

And I bet Durant can out shoot Lebron like no other :roll:

Yeah and Durant can shoot better than kobe. :roll:

See how dumb that is^

Next point-WHY THE **** wouldn't they play uptempo. You have Jkidd, Kobe, Bron, Bosh/melo, Dhoward/amare
That SCREAMS RUN. The announcers were talking about how last year every time usa pushed the tempo that they had a much easier time.

How would you not run and play uptempo. Thats so stupid to think they would not. I mean You have Amare and D Howard in the post. Two guys that don't have that good of toss it into let them work post game BUT are some of the best dunkers in the nba. So yeah it makes sense not to run. PLEASE. Thats one position. Bosh is a great finisher. Bron/kobe/melo I mean jesus dude. You got JKidd setting those guys up but you don't want to run.

We talkin bout runnin.

Cannonball
07-27-2007, 06:34 AM
He was clearly Team USA's better player during the World Championship.
I'm not going to decide who is "the leader", but Carmelo should start ahead of Lebron at SF, with Kobe as SG.
I'm not going to look up the numbers, but I for one did actually watch the games and I may have a sort of lebron biased or something but melo looked like he was chucking. What was his FG%. It also seemed that lebron did score quite a bit. Not as much but I saw on here in another post something like 15 ppg? On 59 or some really nice FG%. What was melos FG% and ppg? and Brons for that matter?

Lebron23
07-27-2007, 06:36 AM
We all know IGOTGAMe is one of the biggest trolls in this site the guy has been owned by Matthius, yesterday and now he created this thread to badmouth Lebron James. Let see next few weeks if ever Lebron got cut in this lineup i can guarantee that the Cavaliers will win the championship next year and the LA LAKERS will not even make it in the playoffs because Kobe will not be fresh compare to last year. By the way what is the average of Magic Johnson in the 1992 US Dreamteam? I know Johnson is probably the best PG in the history of the NBA but he was just a mere role player Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan won the GOLD for the US Team.

It is only a one game exhibition match beside you guys are telling that Kevin Durant is better than Lebron, that is like saying Michael Beasley can kick Kobe's @ss in a 1 on 1 game. No one is questioning Kobe's Skills but we all know that he is not the leader of the 2000-02 LA LAKERS Dynasty it was his teammate the 7'0, 350 lbs. Shaquille O'Neal who is a 3 time NBA FINALS MVP.

When Kobe Bryant took the leadership role his team never even make it in the 2nd round of the playoff. KObe has Phil Jackson while Lebron James have the youngest Coach to make it in the NBA Finals Mike Brown. So enough of the West vs. East comparion because Kobe is only good for a 2nd round appearance if he played in the Cavaliers because Kobe will not even pass the ball to Daniel Gibson and Sasha Pavlovic in the crunch time because Kobe is definitely one of the most selfish player in the NBA.

One of the few reason that the Cavaliers beat Detroit is because Bron get his teammate involve in their offense, a thing that Kobe Bryant cannot even do back in LA.

The Detroit Pistons defense while just kill KoBe Bryant over and over again like in 2004, but this time it would be an instant sweep.

The_Masterplan
07-27-2007, 06:46 AM
Wow...I wish people would stop referring to the actual NBA when talking about the USA team. Obviously, players are chosen to play on the team based on their talented play in the NBA but dont predict how people will play when on the USA natl. team.

Why? Because some players can really suck on the national team compared to NBA. Bowen was pretty much a non-factor last year when I watched. Duncan wasnt the greatest.

I never watched the scrimmage but when someone like AppleNader who religiously watches team USA then I am going to believe him until I can watch and make my own conclusions.

Expatsunsfan seems like a complete nutjob who obviously looks like he cant make an argument based on USA team play saying Kidd hasnt paid his dues. And since you use the NBA as back-up then I would say Kidd has DEFINETLY paid his dues. But once again NBA doesnt matter. Like hlwiuwap or whatever said, 34-0 and a gold on team USA. That's dominant.

Same goes for you Lebron23. I am pretty sure Kobe will pass it on TeamUSA with the likes of melo, amare, lebron and kidd by his side.

chains5000
Yeah and Durant can shoot better than kobe. :roll:

See how dumb that is^

Next point-WHY THE **** wouldn't they play uptempo. You have Jkidd, Kobe, Bron, Bosh/melo, Dhoward/amare
That SCREAMS RUN. The announcers were talking about how last year every time usa pushed the tempo that they had a much easier time.

How would you not run and play uptempo. Thats so stupid to think they would not. I mean You have Amare and D Howard in the post. Two guys that don't have that good of toss it into let them work post game BUT are some of the best dunkers in the nba. So yeah it makes sense not to run. PLEASE. Thats one position. Bosh is a great finisher. Bron/kobe/melo I mean jesus dude. You got JKidd setting those guys up but you don't want to run.

We talkin bout runnin.
They should try to run, that's rigth, but the other teams will always try to slow the game as they know some USA players can shoot at all.

BTW, I don't think both Amare and Howard will play together for long stretches of time as they're too similar and aren't good shooters (FIBA big men usually are)

Cannonball
We all know IGOTGAMe is one of the biggest trolls in this site the guy has been owned by Matthius, yesterday and now he created this thread to badmouth Lebron James. Let see next few weeks if ever Lebron got cut in this lineup i can guarantee that the Cavaliers will win the championship next year and the LA LAKERS will not even make it in the playoffs because Kobe will not be fresh compare to last year. By the way what is the average of Magic Johnson in the 1992 US Dreamteam? I know Johnson is probably the best PG in the history of the NBA but he was just a mere role player Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan won the GOLD for the US Team.

It is only a one game exhibition match beside you guys are telling that Kevin Durant is better than Lebron, that is like saying Michael Beasley can kick Kobe's @ss in a 1 on 1 game. No one is questioning Kobe's Skills but we all know that he is not the leader of the 2000-02 LA LAKERS Dynasty it was his teammate the 7'0, 350 lbs. Shaquille O'Neal who is a 3 time NBA FINALS MVP.

When Kobe Bryant took the leadership role his team never even make it in the 2nd round of the playoff. KObe has Phil Jackson while Lebron James have the youngest Coach to make it in the NBA Finals Mike Brown. So enough of the West vs. East comparion because Kobe is only good for a 2nd round appearance if he played in the Cavaliers because Kobe will not even pass the ball to Daniel Gibson and Sasha Pavlovic in the crunch time because Kobe is definitely one of the most selfish player in the NBA.

One of the few reason that the Cavaliers beat Detroit is because Bron get his teammate involve in their offense, a thing that Kobe Bryant cannot even do back in LA.

The Detroit Pistons defense while just kill KoBe Bryant over and over again like in 2004, but this time it would be an instant sweep.

Not only does getting the role players involved on offense help with scoring but it was a big reason that the cavs were on of the top defensive teams this season. If you have a leader who is willing to share the ball and sacrifice his individual awards for the team, you are going to try a hell of a lot harder on D then if the guy is a chucker.

RoseCity07
07-27-2007, 06:47 AM
The people who interviewed should just laugh at Lebron. The leader is Kobe.

It's not even a comparison.

chains5000
07-27-2007, 06:49 AM
I'm not going to look up the numbers, but I for one did actually watch the games and I may have a sort of lebron biased or something but melo looked like he was chucking. What was his FG%. It also seemed that lebron did score quite a bit. Not as much but I saw on here in another post something like 15 ppg? On 59 or some really nice FG%. What was melos FG% and ppg? and Brons for that matter?
If you watched the games you could see Melo was Team USA's only consistent scorer, specially from midrange and 3 point range.

Cannonball
07-27-2007, 06:50 AM
They should try to run, that's rigth, but the other teams will always try to slow the game as they know some USA players can shoot at all.

BTW, I don't think both Amare and Howard will play together for long stretches of time as they're too similar and aren't good shooters (FIBA big men usually are)

Amare has a SICK mid range. Also who the **** cares if fiba big men are shooters. We need to make the scrubs play our game not play theirs.

But Bosh and Howard would work the best... Idk just depends but I think Dwight is gonna be pwning the little fiba guys.

The_Masterplan
07-27-2007, 06:54 AM
Amare has a SICK mid range. Also who the **** cares if fiba big men are shooters. We need to make the scrubs play our game not play theirs.

But Bosh and Howard would work the best... Idk just depends but I think Dwight is gonna be pwning the little fiba guys.

Dont call them scrubs when the USA has consistently fallen short of the gold in international competitions and two USA should care if the big men are shooters. Why? Because if they do that then it brings the big men out and allows the guards to drive through the holes. They may not necessarily know how to defend that. Amare isnt a great defender.

Lebron23
07-27-2007, 06:54 AM
Dwight Howard and Chris Bosh must learn how to intercept the ball while it is bouncing in the rim ( Cylinder) because it is very legal in international basketball. One of the few reasons that back in 2004 big men like Carloz Boozer and Tim Duncan got abused by their opponent is because they are not even aware of this rule that is why Tim Duncan after their game againts Spain declare that he will no longer participate for the USA Team.

Duenas owned Duncan and Boozer in that game. :D :D :D

chains5000
07-27-2007, 06:55 AM
The people who interviewed should just laugh at Lebron. The leader is Kobe.

It's not even a comparison.
Any player from any international team knows better than Bron who Team USA's leader is.:oldlol:

chains5000
07-27-2007, 06:56 AM

So you've been beaten by scrubs teams...:confusedshrug:

Cannonball
07-27-2007, 06:57 AM
Dont call them scrubs when the USA has consistently fallen short of the gold in international competitions and two USA should care if the big men are shooters. Why? Because if they do that then it brings the big men out and allows the guards to drive through the holes. They may not necessarily know how to defend that. Amare isnt a great defender.
Good point about usa losing, but really I think it may be them just playing the wrong style. They should push it like the suns. And I think bosh at PF Howard at C is the best. I mean those guys are the beasts of the team and prob the best defenders.

If the fiba guys are to fast than move melo to PF, and go with Kidd kobe bron melo Bosh. Or something.

chains5000
07-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Dwight Howard and Chris Bosh must learn how to intercept the ball while it is bouncing in the rim because it is very legal in international basketball. One of the few reasons that back in 2004 big men like Carloz Boozer and Tim Duncan got abused by their opponent is because they are not even aware of this rule that is why Tim Duncan after their game againts Spain declare that he will no longer participate for the USA Team.
Duncan is a whiner.

hotsizzle
07-27-2007, 07:00 AM

No one said Durant is flat out better than Lebron. Someone said Durant is a better shooter and thats a fact. Thats right Shaq was the main man on those teams, good job.

Dont ignore the East/West comparisons. Thats stupid and you only want to do it because it supports your argument. Cavs didnt face a team as good as the Suns until the finals and we all know how that turned out.

Lebron passes the ball in crunch time because he doesn't have the balls to take the shot himself.

Anyways, your whole rant has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Lebron is NOT the leader of this team. I can guarantee Kobe, Kidd, Melo don't come to him for advice as he said.

chains5000
07-27-2007, 07:04 AM
Good point about usa losing, but really I think it may be them just playing the wrong style. They should push it like the suns. And I think bosh at PF Howard at C is the best. I mean those guys are the beasts of the team and prob the best defenders.
If Duncan didn't do well on D, what makes you think Amare and Howard will do great?

If the fiba guys are to fast than move melo to PF, and go with Kidd kobe bron melo Bosh. Or something.
Or something? Why? Just to put Lebron in the starting lineup?

The_Masterplan
07-27-2007, 07:06 AM
No one said Durant is flat out better than Lebron. Someone said Durant is a better shooter and thats a fact. Thats right Shaq was the main man on those teams, good job.

Dont ignore the East/West comparisons. Thats stupid and you only want to do it because it supports your argument. Cavs didnt face a team as good as the Suns until the finals and we all know how that turned out.

Lebron passes the ball in crunch time because he doesn't have the balls to take the shot himself.

Anyways, your whole rant has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Lebron is NOT the leader of this team. I can guarantee Kobe, Kidd, Melo don't come to him for advice as he said.

I love people who ignore big stuff like that. One of the writers for the dallas morning news (who i think is stupid) wrote a story about dallas needing to trade dirk for kobe and the whole time i was thinking, "ok what will we do for PF" and the writer says, "dont worry about the PF position." And i was like ok...

Points as significant as east vs. west should not be ignored especially when the cavs didnt play a team as good as the suns until the finals.

The_Masterplan
07-27-2007, 07:09 AM

Well, it's always worth a try but I dont really like the suns system. It always fails against good defensive teams unless this team is actually good at defense which then it might work. I dont like that line-up you have though. Nobody is really a post-up big man.

Cannonball
07-27-2007, 07:14 AM
Well, it's always worth a try but I dont really like the suns system. It always fails against good defensive teams unless this team is actually good at defense which then it might work. I dont like that line-up you have though. Nobody is really a post-up big man.
Yeah thats why Kidd Kobe Lebron Bosh Howard works best.

I only said melo at PF if he they had trouble keeping up with the fiba big men shooters or something.

Lebron23
07-27-2007, 07:20 AM
How many scrimmage game before the USA Team start their game in the FIBA Americas Tournament?

I hope Coach K can take away the NBA Mentality of this players and concentrate more in familiarizing with the FIBA Rule that some of these players have not even play in this kind of environment.

Maybe after winning the Gold in the Qualifying Tournament for the Olympics, I hope the USA Can invite the top 9 teams in Europe/ South America/Asia and start a USA INvitational so that whether they win or lose, they can know what are their strength and weaknesses playing in the FIBA Rule.

USA INvitational

1. USA
2. Spain
3. Greece
4. Italy
5. France
6. Yugoslavia
7. Argentina
8. Russia
9. Australia
10. CHina

chains5000
07-27-2007, 07:24 AM
How many scrimmage game before the USA Team start their game in the FIBA Americas Tournament?

I hope Coach K can take away the NBA Mentality of this players and concentrate more in familiarizing with the FIBA Rule that some of these players have not even play in this kind of environment.

Maybe after winning the Gold in the Qualifying Tournament for the Olympics, I hope the USA Can invite the top 7 teams in Europe and start a USA INvitational so that whether they win or lose, they can know what are their strength and weaknesses.

USA INvitational

1. USA
2. Spain
3. Greece
4. Italy
5. France
6. Yugoslavia
7. Argentina
8. Russia
Team USA should win gold easily, Argentina is the only team that's good enough to beat them, this is not the World championship or the Olympics.
As for the USA invitational idea, it won't happen, players need to rest, and USA players are the ones who like less playing on their holidays. Good idea though.

Lebron23
07-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Team USA should win gold easily, Argentina is the only team that's good enough to beat them, this is not the World championship or the Olympics.
As for the USA invitational idea, it won't happen, players need to rest, and USA players are the ones who like less playing on their holidays.

The USA Team beat Argentina by more that 15 Points in the Battle for 3rd the score is 96-81 in the FIBA Championship. Argentina is an aging team i guess Spain, Greece, Italy and France are currently the most powerful team in the Basketball World.

My Final Four Prediction

1. USA vs. Spain- Gold Medal Game
2. Italy vs. France - Bronze Medal Game.

chains5000
07-27-2007, 07:30 AM
The USA Team beat Argentina by more that 15 Points in the Battle for 3rd the score is 101-86. Argentina is an aging team i guess Spain, Greece, Italy and France are currently the most powerful team in the Basketball World.

My Final Prediction

1. USA vs. Spain- Gold Medal Game
2. Italy vs. France - Bronze Medal Game.
You're talking about the qualifying tournament?

Lebron23
07-27-2007, 07:37 AM
You're talking about the qualifying tournament?

2008 Beijing, Olympics unless China rigged the Game and Standing which might likely happen knowing that they are the host country....

chains5000
07-27-2007, 07:40 AM
2008 Beijing, Olympics unless China rigged the Game and Standing which might likely happen knowing that they are the host country....
The Greek team is better than the french one.

Lebron23
07-27-2007, 07:49 AM
The Greek team is better than the french one.

I forgot about the Greek Squad they are pretty much the same team and definitely belong in the top 4 teams.

MaxFly
07-27-2007, 08:14 AM
I don't think I've ever seen a more retarded poster than Expatsunsfan.

At least people like Lebron23 give up when they get owned, rather then try and dig themselves into an even deeper hole.

I can't wait until the afternoon ISH crew shows up and reads this sh&t.

You know, I was all set to defend Lebron. I honestly believe that sometimes, players just say foolish things, and in Lebron's case, he's still rather young, so I almost expect it. He's been given a lot, so there will obviously be some level of arrogance that will hopefully diminish as he matures. While his comment was somewhat disrespectful, at the very least, I can understand why he would believe something like that (all the media attention he's received and the Cavs getting to the finals) and can give him somewhat of a pass...

But my goodness, the Lebron gr()upies ruined it for me. This is madness. I've never seen so many people flock in with nonsensical arguments to such a one sided argument. I have to agree with you... I can't wait for the afternoon ISH crew to show up.

Heilige
07-27-2007, 08:42 AM
You know, I was all set to defend Lebron. I honestly believe that sometimes, players just say foolish things, and in Lebron's case, he's still rather young, so I almost expect it. He's been given a lot, so there will obviously be some level of arrogance that will hopefully diminish as he matures. While his comment was somewhat disrespectful, at the very least, I can understand why he would believe something like that (all the media attention he's received and the Cavs getting to the finals) and can give him somewhat of a pass...

But my goodness, the Lebron gr()upies ruined it for me. This is madness. I've never seen so many people flock in with nonsensical arguments to such a one sided argument. I have to agree with you... I can't wait for the afternoon ISH crew to show up.

Who is part of the afternoon ISH crew? :D

allball
07-27-2007, 08:58 AM
you guys are hilarious. the same Bron h a t e r s whining all throughout this thread. do you know the other players didn't actually talk to him about this first and NAME him the leader and even if they didn't, is it that big of a deal? I guess if you were looking for something to pounce on maybe.

Dizzle-2k7
07-27-2007, 09:03 AM
imagine if a 22 yr old kobe was on dreamteam1 with jordan, bird, magic, etc and said "im the number one leader of Team USA"

WADE MONEY
07-27-2007, 09:12 AM
imagine if a 22 yr old kobe was on dreamteam1 with jordan, bird, magic, etc and said "im the number one leader of Team USA"

what irks me even more is the way he was talking to the reporters in the video in the OP. Look at Bosh for example; you can tell he's obviously a shy guy, but at least he made an attempt to be personable, listen genuinely, make eye contact, etc.

Chandler was even better. Dude looked like he was having a conversation with an old friend, with a slight smile on his face, making constant eye contact and leaning forward to show interest in the conversation.

Lebron, on the other hand, is slouched back arrogantly, looking down, kinda frowning, not making eye contact at all, as if saying "how do these *****es think they can even approach my presence". I don't blame him, since he's probably had 10 times the interviews as bosh and 50 times the interviews as tyson chandler and has probably developed a cynical view of getting interviewed by a reporter.

brantonli
07-27-2007, 09:29 AM
LeBron couldn't even summon up the mind to answer a question 'Which celebrity you would play strip poker with?", he must've been really annoyed at the reporter because he sure looked like it.

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 09:56 AM
This thread has basically descended into madness, so here's a quick summary of what has happened in the past 12 pages:

1. People are stunned (and rightfully so) that Lebron would make such an arrogant and condescending remark that he is the #1 leader, particularly when Jason Kidd is on the team.

2. I thoroughly explain how Lebron is a terrible fit for FIBA play, disrespects his teammates enough that the coaching staff wanted him cut, is arrogant, immature, a poor sport, and condescending. I also thoroughly explain how during the 06 worlds, Melo and Wade were the absolute leaders of the team both in games and in practices, which showed through their significantly better performance compared to Lebron.

3. Retards like ExpatSunsFan make one of the most f&cking dumba$$ arguments I have ever heard. According to him, since Lebron was there originally in 2006, he should be the leader in 2007, regardless of his performance or capabilities. Also, according to him, Jason Kidd has shown nothing, has no credibility or reputation (despite being 34-0 in FIBA), and doesn't deserve to be the leader since he wasn't there in 2006.

4. ExpatSunsFan continues to dodge around my extremely simple question that I posed for him on page 8, then manages to completely contradict himself later. Also, he continues to refuse to believe that Melo was the leader in 06, even know he didn't watch any of the games or practices, and simply goes based on preconceived (and horrendously ill-informed) notions.

Good Old Willy
07-27-2007, 10:07 AM

Sadly, another basketball players known for his outstanding athleticism and ball skills not his IQ or professional leadership, shooting off his mouth. I get the feeling (from my distant armchair) that the number one reason the American team has been losing in international events in the last few years is this "its my team" cr*p. If they would play unselfish team basketball they would win.

The leader of the team is the coach.

Agent_Zero
07-27-2007, 10:08 AM
This is absurd. The only thing Lebron can lead is the Cavs. For him to make this comment...is just ugh. He will pay for this when it's time to play some real ball and Kidd and Kobe are showing him what's real. By that point, I severely doubt Lebron will have any nails left.

Agent_Zero
07-27-2007, 10:12 AM

Sadly, another basketball players known for his outstanding athleticism and ball skills not his IQ or professional leadership, shooting off his mouth. I get the feeling (from my distant armchair) that the number one reason the American team has been losing in international events in the last few years is this "its my team" cr*p. If they would play unselfish team basketball they would win.

The leader of the team is the coach.

What? No. So your telling me Mike Woodson is the "leader" of the Hawks? Wrong, it's Joe. Or that Eddie Jordan is the "leader" of the Wizards? No, sorry, that's Antwan. You could be telling me that Dwyane Casey is the leader of the Timberwolves. No, it's KG.

Think before you make absurd statements.

Good Old Willy
07-27-2007, 10:27 AM
What? No. So your telling me Mike Woodson is the "leader" of the Hawks? Wrong, it's Joe. Or that Eddie Jordan is the "leader" of the Wizards? No, sorry, that's Antwan. You could be telling me that Dwyane Casey is the leader of the Timberwolves. No, it's KG.

Think before you make absurd statements.

Ah yes!

Now we come to the heart of the matter.

The belief among young atheletes (and young fans!) that leadership is derived from on court performance. The leader of a team is not the star athlete. The leader of a military unit is not the guy carrying the biggest gun. The manager of a team in business is not the best programmer or best skill guy, it is the person with skills such as communication, consensus building, initiative and order maintenance.

On further thought, and perhaps once you consider some of the leadership figures in your life, you will hopeful understand the parameters what we are getting at here. And what the key problem of many professional athletes is today.

Now before I get to preachey on you (!) let me take a light step back. The Lebrons, Melos, Kobes, are expected to play roles (that from the bottom looking up) demand leadership qualities. And they admirably invited demonstrate the team's on court will.

"Absurd"? Young petulant athletes expected to be leaders!

Agent_Zero
07-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Ah yes!

Now we come to the heart of the matter.

The belief among young atheletes (and young fans!) that leadership is derived from on court performance. The leader of a team is not the star athlete. The leader of a military unit is not the guy carrying the biggest gun. The manager of a team in business is not the best programmer or best skill guy, it is the person with skills such as communication, consensus building, initiative and order maintenance.

On further thought, and perhaps once you consider some of the leadership figures in your life, you will hopeful understand the parameters what we are getting at here. And what the key problem of many professional athletes is today.

Now before I get to preachey on you (!) let me take a light step back. The Lebrons, Melos, Kobes, are expected to play roles (that from the bottom looking up) demand leadership qualities. And they admirably invited demonstrate the team's on court will.

"Absurd"? Young petulant athletes expected to be leaders!

I wasn't calling naming the players you mentioned absurd, i was talking about when you said that the coach is the true leader of the team. sure, the leader may not always be the star player, but mostly they have to be. Is this what your saying? In that case, I agree. But do you think Lebron can lead this team?

Good Old Willy
07-27-2007, 10:39 AM
I wasn't calling naming the players you mentioned absurd, i was talking about when you said that the coach is the true leader of the team. sure, the leader may not always be the star player, but mostly they have to be. Is this what your saying? In that case, I agree. But do you think Lebron can lead this team?

Oh yes, I agree "the leader may not always be the star player, but mostly they have to be". But this leadership stuff should be put in context. Athletes may be the oncourt / on field leaders but certainly not "of the team". I don't have much of an opinion on Lebron in this context except to not expect the improbable.

Every time I hear a baller say "This is my team" or "I'm the leader" I just want to... :banghead: You just know that that team is going nowhere now, becasue the guys just don't get the team part of the game. Just like Team USA of the past few years. Sadly.

Agent_Zero
07-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Oh yes, I agree "the leader may not always be the star player, but mostly they have to be". But this leadership stuff should be put in context. Athletes may be the oncourt / on field leaders but certainly not "of the team". I don't have much of an opinion on Lebron in this context except to not expect the improbable.

Every time I hear a baller say "This is my team" or "I'm the leader" I just want to... :banghead: You just know that that team is going nowhere now, becasue the guys just don't get the team part of the game. Just like Team USA of the past few years. Sadly.

I disagree though. I think this squad right now could go a long way. Congrats on 100 posts by the way.

Poseidon
07-27-2007, 10:43 AM
no matter what happens from now on it will be blamed on Kobe if they lose...believe that..

That's why losers like LeBron need to GTFO Kobe's way and watch the GOLD be brought back home.

allball
07-27-2007, 10:44 AM

You're talking about a team of all bonafide guaranteed HOFers at that time. who on this team is guaranteed a spot in the Hall? Jason Kidd is not Magic. And Kobe is not Bird or Jordan in terms of overall respect.

Anyway I applaud Lebron for wanting to be a leader as I did for being an 18 year old who took on the weight of a franchise and handled it like a man.

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
07-27-2007, 10:56 AM
You're talking about a team of all bonafide guaranteed HOFers at that time. who on this team is guaranteed a spot in the Hall? Jason Kidd is not Magic. And Kobe is not Bird or Jordan in terms of overall respect.

Anyway I applaud Lebron for wanting to be a leader as I did for being an 18 year old who took on the weight of a franchise and handled it like a man.

ignorant statement. Kidd and Kobe are locks for the HoF. you need to recheck your logic if you think otherwise.

and it's not so much a matter of whose team it is, it's a matter of will Lebron fu ck things up by demanding the last shot because he's an immature person and then ruining the US's chance at the Gold.

Good Old Willy
07-27-2007, 11:00 AM
(thanks agent zero)

Sometimes, (on nostalgic melancholic days) I think that what we need is a return of those old Soviet style no-nonsense teams like at the Olympics.

No interviews. No self promotion. No hype. Just methodical machines that DOMINATED!

Of course they had no freedom, no color TV's and lived in concrere slabs... but they won. Isn't that what Team USA wants?

MaxFly
07-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Who is part of the afternoon ISH crew? :D

Generally the guys in the East and Central time zones of the US.

trig
07-27-2007, 12:07 PM
I think its better to pair Lebron w/ billups and deron. Guards that can shoot from the outside. So if ever kidd becomes the starting pg, as talented as lebron is, lebron has to come off the bench imo its just difficult to have both pg and sf that cant shoot w/ consistency

lebron does have leadership qualities but it would have been better if Lebron just gave way and just said he sees kidd as the leader of this years Team USA

IGOTGAME
07-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Yeah thats why Kidd Kobe Lebron Bosh Howard works best.

I only said melo at PF if he they had trouble keeping up with the fiba big men shooters or something.

please tell me what is gonna happen when they go into a tight zone and dont even rotate over to Kidd or Lebron and just dare them to shoot...That we played in the scrimmage is nothing like international team zones...

We have to have 2 guys that can hit a shot in the starting lineup

CAYO
07-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Lebron James Is Not The Leader

Optimus Prime
07-27-2007, 12:17 PM
I used to be a huge LeBron fan (his jersey is the only one I own), but he has become increasingly arrogant. Especially this year. Yeah, he led a pretty mediocre team in a weak conference to the Finals. What did he do against the top talent like the Spurs? Nothing.

LeBron James is not the leader of Team USA. Kidd and Kobe are, and I would even say D-Wade is over LeBron (but Wade's out right?). They have accomplished much more in the game of basketball than LeBron. LeBron has quite a bit to prove...

I hope next year, the Cavs are under .500 and don't make the playoffs. Give "King James" a big helping of humble pie, so maybe he stops doing Hammer dances and works on what he's getting paid gazillions of dollars to do: play basketball.

IGOTGAME
07-27-2007, 12:46 PM
Cory Matthews, Philadelphia: Is it safe to say this is Kobe's team and everyone else knows it?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: (12:16 PM ET ) LeBron would beg to differ with you on that. In fact, I could see there's an interesting multi-generational dynamic going on with those guys, with Kidd representing an earlier generation, Kobe in the middle and LBJ/'Melo/Wade/Bosh et al on the young end. I think when it's all said and done, Kidd will be this team's leader.

Before the world championships in Japan last summer, the Team USA coaching staff was disappointed in James's effort and his inability to function offensively unless he had the ball. The coaches would have made LeBron the first cut after his lackadaisical initial week of practice were it not for the massive public relations fallout that would have resulted from the axing of the league's most globally marketed player

Doug (Provo, UT): LeBron and Kidd looked like a solid duo out there in Vegas... What are the chances that they will play together on the same NBA team? Or how long til the Cavs pick up a solid PG that will compliment LeBron like Kidd does?

SportsNation Chris Sheridan: (12:31 PM ET ) LeBron had Coach K shaking his head in bewilderwent over LBJ's lack of diplomacy when Bron went to the post-game interview podium and said playing with Kidd made him think about how difficult it was going to be to go back to Cleveland in the fall to play with the Cavs' point guards. Not supposed to be that blunt.

I dont think the coaching staff really likes Lebron that much for team USA...And I see major team chemistry issue, like trying to one up teammates in order for the media to see him as #1 leader...For example Kobe hits two long 3's then next time I wouldnt be surprised if he would take a long three to do it too or wouldnt pass it Kobe the next time down... And thats is just an example, there were also insiders that felt that Bron was padding stats at the end of certain games in order to get the best numbers(ill try to find the quotes)

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Thank you. As usual, Lebron nut huggers can't deal with facts, nor can they put together any semblence of a logical argument.

Good Old Willy
07-27-2007, 01:20 PM
IGOTGAME - Good info contribution. Good post.

Cannonball
07-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Thank you. As usual, Lebron nut huggers can't deal with facts, nor can they put together any semblence of a logical argument.
wow

If you were calling me a nut hugger than you are an idiot. I don't blindly support lebron and start threads about how kobe is a bad guy or how he raped a girl or how he isn't a team player... I.e. igotgame.

IGOTGAME
07-27-2007, 01:36 PM
wow

If you were calling me a nut hugger than you are an idiot. I don't blindly support lebron and start threads about how kobe is a bad guy or how he raped a girl or how he isn't a team player... I.e. igotgame.

This is bigger then Bron right now...I have always loved the International bball competitions...Its not about hating on Bron right now, i just want my team to win and im voicing my opinion...I havent just made ridiculous statements and Im not the only one saying it..Its not about hate, its about the truth

Chrono90
07-27-2007, 01:39 PM
srry kobe n kidd is leader

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
07-27-2007, 01:58 PM
wow imagine if Lebron's selfishness costs the US the gold, or even the silver and then they have to scramble to qualify in 2008 right before the Olympics. :roll:

AppleNader
07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
wow

maybe if you read the f&cking thread, you would know that I'm talking about ExpatSunsFan...

MJ23
07-27-2007, 02:09 PM
starting lineup show be

jason kidd
lebron james
kobe bryant
amare stoudemire
dwight howard

j kidd, lj, or kobe bryant are the only choices to be leaders...in my opinion its either kobe or j kidd to be leaders cuz theyre more experienced and both are superstars

IGOTGAME
07-27-2007, 02:15 PM
starting lineup show be

jason kidd
lebron james
kobe bryant
amare stoudemire
dwight howard

j kidd, lj, or kobe bryant are the only choices to be leaders...in my opinion its either kobe or j kidd to be leaders cuz theyre more experienced and both are superstars

so USA should start only one player who can hit a jumper...
Then on top of that play both Amare and Dwight together, both of which arent the brightest players and best passers

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
07-27-2007, 02:22 PM
starting lineup show be

jason kidd
lebron james
kobe bryant
amare stoudemire
dwight howard

Get Lebron off of the starting lineup.

put in one of the role players. put Mike Miller in there for shooting.

and im not comfortable with Bosh Chandler manning the second unit. mix the rotation.

my starting lineup:

Kidd
Kobe
Miller
Stoudemire
Chandler

one floor general, three scoring threats, one cleanup man

Erathia
07-27-2007, 02:31 PM
First of: Kobe and Kidd are the obvious leaders. Kidd is undefeated in international play and one of the best Point Guards from USA. Kobe is the two-time scoring champion, 6-time All-NBA Defensive team, and best player in the league today.

Second: The Lineup would probably work best looking like --

Kidd
Bryant
Anthony
Brand/Bosh*
Howard

*Not sure about this position. Who played better during the scrimmage?

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
07-27-2007, 02:32 PM
First of: Kobe and Kidd are the obvious leaders. Kidd is undefeated in international play and one of the best Point Guards from USA. Kobe is the two-time scoring champion, 6-time All-NBA Defensive team, and best player in the league today.

Second: The Lineup would probably work best looking like --

Kidd
Bryant
Anthony
Brand/Bosh*
Howard

*Not sure about this position. Who played better during the scrimmage?

Brand is resting this year.

qwerty
07-27-2007, 02:33 PM
^^ Brand didn't play

redhonda76
07-27-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm not surprise by the what LeBron says, what do you expect from a person who never attended college. I doubt he was even educated in high school. But then again, that's pretty much goes for alot of the young NBA players like Amare, etc...

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
07-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Wow, people. Who the hell cares what a 22 year old legend says to a bunch of foolish reporters who ask him 100 questions a day? Do you really get that offended? Are Kobe and Kidd the real leaders? Who the hell cares about the real leaders. It's about winning the damn game, and LeBron James wins you damn games. We have people here thinking that LeBron's quote will lose games for team USA.

last I checked Lebron lost for Team White... horribly in fact

Kobe > Lebron

steadyfast96
07-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Wow, people. Who the hell cares what a 22 year old legend says to a bunch of foolish reporters...

:confusedshrug:

MaxFly
07-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Cory Matthews, Philadelphia:

That wouldn't be the same Cory Matthews from Boy Meets World, would it? Wasn't the show also set somewhere around Philly?

MaxFly
07-27-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm not surprise by the what LeBron says, what do you expect from a person who never attended college. I doubt he was even educated in high school. But then again, that's pretty much goes for alot of the young NBA players like Amare, etc...

College has absolutely nothing to do with what Lebron said. Bryant, for example, is quite well spoken for a basketball player and he did not attend college...

Enigmatism
07-27-2007, 03:24 PM

haha

"all your basketballs are belong to us"

InfiniteBaskets
07-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Just for saying that I hope LeBron isn't put on the same lineup as Kobe and Kidd. It's not going to work out if egos clash.

A leader's job is to lead his team, whether by example, talk, whatever. I can't imagine LeBron actually leading with Kobe and Kidd and others following. He's not gonna be able to tell the vets anything and I doubt his performance will speak for itself. He's not gonna be able to penetrate into a packed lane of four guys and the refs aren't gonna call touch fouls.

If anything, charges are called alot more frequently in Fiba, and we all know international players aren't afraid to flop at the slightest contact. If he wants to be a leader he needs to out hustle other players on scrappy plays and rebounds, then drain open shots when Kidd dishes out to him.

If he thinks him being a leader is gonna be him dribbling out the clock and then "making" a play for team USA he's completely clueless. We wouldn't have called out all these superstars if we wanted you to do that.

Not a good start for team USA. I hope LeBron withdraws his statement or something, it's messing with the chemistry, and a real leader doesn't downgrade his teammates, but then again LBJ probably wasn't even aware of himself doing that.

mongePR(kb24)
07-27-2007, 03:51 PM
if lebron really thinks that, he will be the cancer of team usa.

Da KO King
07-27-2007, 03:51 PM
http://www.starwars-tw.com/story/character/jedi/yoda-ep2.jpg - "....You must feel the H-a-t-e around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes...."

You guys are insane. The guy is a team captain yet you're killing him for saying he has to lead vocally and by example?!?

allball
07-27-2007, 05:34 PM
ignorant statement. Kidd and Kobe are locks for the HoF. you need to recheck your logic if you think otherwise.

and it's not so much a matter of whose team it is, it's a matter of will Lebron fu ck things up by demanding the last shot because he's an immature person and then ruining the US's chance at the Gold.

Kidd and Bryant of course likely will be in the Hall but Kobe is not a lock if he quits today and Kidd's HOF status has been much debated. if you believe they have attained the same status that Magic and Bird had for the same time in 92, you need to rethink your logic.

as for ingnorant statements that's what I do best.

Da KO King
07-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Jason Kidd and Kobe Bryant are Hall of Fame locks. First ballot is up for debate but there is no chance of either being left out completely.

Y2Gezee
07-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Kidd's Hall status much debated? He's in for sure. I think he's the 3rd best pg ever on talent alone. He never had the Malone type player to get assists off of like Stockton, and again I along with many others don't consider Oscar a pg.

DTD
07-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Kidd and Bryant of course likely will be in the Hall but Kobe is not a lock if he quits today and Kidd's HOF status has been much debated. if you believe they have attained the same status that Magic and Bird had for the same time in 92, you need to rethink your logic.

as for ingnorant statements that's what I do best.

You hit the nail on the head, as that one is pretty ignorant. Kobe was a lock a few years ago, everything else in his career is gravy in regards to the HOF.

Y2Gezee
07-27-2007, 06:29 PM
http://www.starwars-tw.com/story/character/jedi/yoda-ep2.jpg - "....You must feel the H-a-t-e around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes...."

You guys are insane. The guy is a team captain yet you're killing him for saying he has to lead vocally and by example?!?

He's getting killed for coming out and saying that he has seperated himself from Wade and Melo on this team (the other team captains, aka the ones that deserved to be). Plus they may change captains this tourny.

Either way, Lebron's an assh*le

hotsizzle
07-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Kobe and Kidd are first ballot HOF locks. Not even an argument here

FabCasablancas
07-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Wow, I can't argue that. I guess Dirk isn't a leader.

Are you saying Dirk would be the leader of Team USA ove LeBron if he was on it?

RainierBeachPoet
08-16-2007, 09:42 AM
perhaps nick collisons addition will change this discussion...

ChrisConley
08-16-2007, 11:06 AM
That was a dumb thing to say, especially b/c the last thing we want is Kobe and LeBron's egos to collide on the court. But the hate for LeBron on this thread was a little too high. I mean the reporter asked him "Do you consider yourself a leader on this team?" and LeBron is thinking "Are you fcking kidding me!?" He was co-captain last year, showed up every game as the core player, dishing, rebounding, and scoring when necessary, showing up for warm ups early to demonstrate how important the world's are, and this reporter is asking him if he considers himself a leader? Why b/c he didn't lead the team in scoring, just did all the other little things? B/c Kobe and Kidd are joining the team so he can now sit the bench? I mean it was an insulting question and he just overreacted.

Does anyone know if the scrimmages against the young players can be viewed anywhere?

Mathius
08-16-2007, 04:56 PM

I couldn't have said it better.

I can't be bothered to go back and read the last 15 pages of posts, because I looked at the first 3, and the comments were ridiculous.

There are idiots in this thread saying that they didn't hate Lebron before, but now they do because he said he's the leader.

Ok, first off. All you Kobe lovers? What the hell is wrong with you? Kobe Bryant has made a CAREER out of giving teammates the cold shoulder.

He may score the most points on the floor, he may be the best player out there, but do you really think he's going to motivate that team?

Kidd? Ok, maybe he's vocal enough. I don't know much about his off court voice.

But I do know that Lebron James led a pretty poorly organized Cavaliers team to the Finals. AND he's the captain of the team.

All these rumors about how team usa coaches want Lebron to stay home are great and all, very entertaining, but then why the hell did he get named Captain? NBA conspiracy? Big order down from David Stern?

Grow up guys.

Mathius

IGOTGAME
08-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Cleveland — For the first two games of the Eastern Conference finals, no one was quite sure what LeBron James was doing, shooting or passing. It has been the same with USA Basketball.

During the season James said he was “50-50” about playing this summer. But there was a recent item in a Cleveland-area paper that said James, with a second child due in June, is planning a long vacation with his old high school pals and isn’t likely to play for the USA this summer in Olympic qualifying.

Team Chairman Jerry Colangelo has been emphasizing a three-year commitment for all players, but eased up somewhat in announcing additions to the roster last week that included former Bull Tyson Chandler and former Illini Deron Williams. Kirk Hinrich is already on the list.

But the feeling inside and around the U.S. team is that no one — except for his sponsor, Nike — would be too unhappy if James doesn’t compete this summer, or even in the 2008 Olympics. His game hasn’t been a good fit for international competition or with the USA team, and it might be better off without him.

No one wants to say it publicly, and no one disputes that James is a top talent, but there wouldn’t be any great sadness if James decides to stay home in 2008. There were some minor attitude issues, and one famous scene last summer in which Bruce Bowen, who is dropping out of contention for the team, openly lectured James about treating administrative staff members with respect.

James, team insiders said, had a habit of ordering people around without ever learning their names.

The bigger issue for the USA Basketball staff is James’ fit as a player. He doesn’t shoot particularly well, but he liked to keep the ball glued to his hand in last year’s world championships. He is a willing passer and really was at his best when playing point guard toward the end of the tournament.

But Chauncey Billups and Jason Kidd will play this summer, and both are far better floor leaders than James. And with a terrific playoff run, Deron Williams is dribbling his way into that crowd. They all are better than James at running a team.

Also, coaches worried about James’ ego and view of himself within the team. They found too often when he wasn’t getting his points, he’d try hard late in games to get numbers, apparently so he wouldn’t have to answer questions about poor statistical games.
There also was some discomfort about internal jealousies.

“We’re not sure how all this will work out,” one team insider said.

Because of injuries, Wade, Lamar Odom, Paul Pierce, Chris Paul, Joe Johnson and Brad Miller will not compete this summer, necessitating additions, including Mike Miller, Tayshaun Prince, Carlos Boozer, Greg Oden and Kevin Durant, as well as Chandler, Williams and Kobe Bryant.

The Bulls’ Hinrich and Houston’s Shane Battier have excellent chances to stick as role players, especially by playing all three summers. Attendance does count. Amare Stoudemire is committed this summer after being hurt last year, and insiders say the staff was very impressed with Anthony

Lebron James is bad for USA BALL in large amounts..small amounts could be ok

Noob Saibot
08-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Lol at people bashing at LeBron, cuz he thinks he is the true leader of team USA. They're just words guys, they don't mean anything. Like LeBron said, he must lead by example and by voice, only time will tell.

hotsizzle
08-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Amare when asked who the leader of team USA is: "We're all leaders but we're behind the veterans, Kidd and Kobe"...said something of that nature on Jim Rome yesterday.

RecSpecs110
08-16-2007, 06:45 PM
LeBron may lead with his play (points, rebounds, etc.) But in terms of vocal and veteran leadership, it's Kidd. He's the PG, the person who sets up the offense. And he makes everyone else, including LeBron, better.

I don't care who's named the "captain." Jason Kidd is the leader of the team.

Uchiha_Hai
08-16-2007, 07:13 PM
He's a fool. Without the officials in the NBA, he would not even average 20 a game. He should just stop talking from now on and bite his nails.

Kobe is clearly the leader of the team. He is their only leader. He is the best on the f'ing planet, Team USA will only win if he says so, and "Carmelo dominating practice", lol practice.

Lebron23
11-02-2019, 06:38 AM
Time for the great leader to take over again in the 2020 Olympics.

Mr Feeny
11-02-2019, 09:07 AM
And he was an important leader for that team. He was tremendous in 2008 although Wade was tournament MVP and the best player in that Olympics.

ImKobe
11-02-2019, 10:34 AM
And he was an important leader for that team. He was tremendous in 2008 although Wade was tournament MVP and the best player in that Olympics.

Kobe and Kidd were the leaders in 2008. Nice try though.

bison
11-02-2019, 10:44 AM

Lol nice try.

Mr Feeny
11-02-2019, 12:10 PM
Kobe and Kidd were the leaders in 2008. Nice try though.

Interesting. I think I'll take the tournament MVP and the 2nd best player during those Olympics.