PDA

View Full Version : Why are certain NBA teams always bad?

Street Hunger
12-14-2022, 04:55 PM
A handful of NBA teams always seem to be bad. Like year after year. What teams come to mind, and why do you think those certain teams are always bad? Does the owner hire lousy general managers? Or what? Is it a market size thing?

Which teams always seem bad, or at least disappointing, to you, and why do you think that is

Axe
12-14-2022, 04:56 PM
Hornets. Poorly owned. Would probably benefit under new franchise ownership.

FultzNationRISE
12-14-2022, 05:02 PM
The Bobcats are really the only team that is ALWAYS bad. The Kings and TWolves had a long stretch of terribleness, but they were at least good in the early 00’s and decent this year. Everyone else has had at least brief stretches of relevance here or there in the last 15 years. The Bobcats are just literally always bad.

That said, they havent been fortunate to get a top pick (I think, correct me if I’m wrong on that) let alone multiple top picks like Cleveland and New Orleans. So there is some luck involved. But their personnel decisions have also been terrible.

90sgoat
12-14-2022, 05:42 PM
Bad ownership leading to a bad culture leading to contenous bad decisions.

Like look at Mavs, the only good thing that Cuban does is that he doesn't discriminate against white players.

That's all he does and people think he's some kind of genius. In reality he is a buffoon and should hire Jerry West or the next Jerry West to run the show.

warriorfan
12-14-2022, 08:32 PM
shitty owners, see the warriors

Yeezy
12-14-2022, 08:43 PM
culture, money, reputation, taxes, climate, population, history, management

/thread

tontoz
12-14-2022, 08:54 PM
Poor management