PDA

View Full Version : Would this be a good trade for both teams? (Porzingis for Westbrook + 2 FRPs)

Im Still Ballin
12-15-2022, 12:07 AM
The Washington Wizards trades Kristaps Porzingis to the Los Angeles Lakers for Russell Westbrook and two first-round picks.

I honestly think this benefits both teams.

Kristaps is one of the best rim protectors in the league as per the stats. He's also a 3PT shooter, so he can fit with Davis on offense. It's a risk due to Porzingis' injury history, but I think it's a good gamble to take. Porzingis is an ideal third option. He's also only got one more year on his contract too.

It would also be a win for Washington. They're going nowhere with this current team. Acquiring two FRPs from LA would be the right move for the future. Those picks are in 2027 and 2029 I believe. LeBron will be gone by then most likely; Anthony Davis will be 33 and 35. A strong chance LA could be a lottery-bound team.

Washington might even start playing better if the trade went through. It frees up Gafford to become the starting center again. Westbrook played well with Washington and had strong chemistry with Gafford. His contract is expiring, so they could resign him for an appropriate price.