PDA

View Full Version : He did change the game. For the worse probably but he helped change it.

Kblaze8855
12-16-2022, 01:40 PM
. "I don't want to even think about it," he said. "I don't need people feeling sorry for me, and I don't want to even bring it up anymore because I'm past it. And I do a really good job of not listening to what people say because at the end of the day, it's their opinion."But it was definitely that you hear people talking and it was just one of those motivational things where I don't need motivation, but it definitely motivated me to go out there and put in the work."

Harden does this often. He'll say how little attention he pays to public opinion and then follow that up by citing public opinion and why it's wrong. I told him that I'd noticed this, and I assumed it was because someone who has worked as hard and accomplished as much as he has couldn't help but be bothered when hearing people label his career a failure.
"Don't you care about how you'll be remembered?" I asked.

"Of course," he said, his voice growing stern, "and I'm gonna be remembered in basketball!"
He leaned forward. "So, of course, I care, but people are going to talk no matter what. But I care about, like, winning and things that are important and matter. I don't care about things that don't matter, that are gonna be a story for 24 or 48 hours and then go away.

"I'm one of the people that changed the game of basketball," he continued. "Honestly, the only thing that I'm missing is a championship."

https://www.si.com/nba/rockets/.amp/news/james-harden-changed-game-houston-rockets-care-legacy-sixers-championship

Kblaze8855
12-16-2022, 06:24 PM
Not making a second topic for a quote from the same interview I see being discussed online so….

He wants to know if he’s still a quitter….

“I knew people were going to talk and say, ‘You quit' and all that stuff, but then the following summer, the other superstar there wanted to leave. So it's like: Am I still the quitter?”