PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Jones 20 Points 5 Ast 3 Stl @ Cavaliers, 1997-98

Airupthere
12-16-2022, 02:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykh67Rhi6B4

20 points. I wants jersey of him in the 90s reminds me.

SouBeachTalents
12-16-2022, 02:36 PM
Parody thread aside, I've always rated Eddie Jones pretty highly in that "star but not a superstar" tier, he's one of the older players I think would thrive in today's game.

pandiani17
12-16-2022, 04:15 PM
One big question about this guy is what would have happened if the Lakers never came across Kobe Bryant? Would he be good enough to be Robin to Shaq's Batman? I remember him being a very good franchise player in his Hornets days, then he went to the Heat and suddenly he became average overnight. But he has some sick Lakers highlights.

SouBeachTalents
12-16-2022, 04:46 PM
One big question about this guy is what would have happened if the Lakers never came across Kobe Bryant? Would he be good enough to be Robin to Shaq's Batman? I remember him being a very good franchise player in his Hornets days, then he went to the Heat and suddenly he became average overnight. But he has some sick Lakers highlights.
His peak did occur in 2000, but he still wasn't as good as Kobe, at least offensively, at that time. So my guess would be, I doubt Jones comes through in the clutch like Kobe did on so many occasions during that first title run, he was kind of known to shrink in big games & moments. But he would've made for a really good 3rd option had they kept him.

Gudo
12-16-2022, 05:18 PM
Eddie Jones had one of the smoothest games