PDA

View Full Version : U surprised more players arent suffering devastating longterm cardiac impact of covid

FultzNationRISE
12-16-2022, 03:49 PM
I remember I was told this disease was so dangerous because after you get it, your heart doesnt recover or something. People suggesting we might see numerous players never be the same.

Based on the stories we saw on CNN, and posters like RMWG, TheMan, Xaio Yao Yo, Loco50 and RRR3 insisting we should be fearful and that CNN would not sensationalize such an issue, there was a lot of uncertainty if the league could even continue you. How could professional athletes continue to perform when Covid was such a threat to change the heart function of anyone who comes into contact with it?

I actually just got back from a two year trip to the south pole and didnt have access to TV or internet. Is the NBA still going on? Im genuinely curious. If so, are all the players who contracted Covid at any point struggling with heart arrhythmias and so on?

Has the league been devastated the way many predicted it would be?

Havent seen much talk about that in the last few days since getting back. But I was told by ISH most knowledgeable posters how serious it was.

Anyone have an update?

ArbitraryWater
12-16-2022, 03:51 PM
Very surprising indeed...

meanwhile many "mysterious" and "baffling" deaths of late of vaxxed ppl.

RogueBorg
12-16-2022, 03:58 PM
I remember I was told this disease was so dangerous because after you get it, your heart doesnt recover or something. People suggesting we might see numerous players never be the same.

Based on the stories we saw on CNN, and posters like RMWG, TheMan, Xaio Yao Yo, Loco50 and RRR3 insisting we should be fearful and that CNN would not sensationalize such an issue, there was a lot of uncertainty if the league could even continue you. How could professional athletes continue to perform when Covid was such a threat to change the heart function of anyone who comes into contact with it?

I actually just got back from a two year trip to the south pole and didnt have access to TV or internet. Is the NBA still going on? Im genuinely curious. If so, are all the players who contracted Covid at any point struggling with heart arrhythmias and so on?

Havent seen much talk about that in the last few days since getting back. But I was told by ISH most knowledgeable posters how serious it was.

Anyone have an update?

Somebody got paid big money to push the vaccines. How much revenue do you think would be generated if everyone in the US was forced to get the vaccine (which the government tried really hard to do)

Follow the money.

FultzNationRISE
12-16-2022, 04:05 PM
Somebody got paid big money to push the vaccines. How much revenue do you think would be generated if everyone in the US was forced to get the vaccine (which the government tried really hard to do)

Follow the money.

Lmao.

I think Ill trust the intelligence of guys like RRR3 and RMWG over this nonsense ^

Kblaze8855
12-16-2022, 04:10 PM
I swear every person under 50 who dies has someone in comments saying they probably got the vaccine. Both sides are just tedious to deal with.

tontoz
12-16-2022, 04:23 PM
Jayson Tatum struggled with his breathing for months after he got Covid. He actually started using an inhaler.

J

The Boston Celtics star said Tuesday he's started using an inhaler before games to help his breathing since coming back from a bout with COVID that sidelined him from Jan. 9 to Jan. 24.

"I take an inhaler before the game since I’ve tested positive," Tatum told reporters after Boston's 116-115 win over the Portland Trail Blazers. "This has kind of helped with that and opened up my lungs and, you know, I never took an inhaler before. So that’s something different. I for sure feel better now than I did a month ago."

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/celtics-jayson-tatum-now-uses-inhaler-after-covid-19-bout

FultzNationRISE
12-16-2022, 04:26 PM
I swear every person under 50 who dies has someone in comments saying they probably got the vaccine. Both sides are just tedious to deal with.

Well I personally havent said anything about any of that. I’m just asking what happened to the “Covid will end professional sports” narrative.

It just seems to have disappeared and nobody seems to wonder if maybe they over reacted or got sold a bill of goods.

The people who were in hysterics, condemning with shrill voices and contorted faces anyone who didnt buy the same dogma they were lapping up… just seem to want everyone to go ahead and forget about the whole thing now.

Weird.

90sgoat
12-16-2022, 04:34 PM

Surprised we haven't had anyone collapse on the court yet. I suspect far fewer players got vaccinated than they claim.

FultzNationRISE
12-16-2022, 04:34 PM
Jayson Tatum struggled with his breathing for months after he got Covid. He actually started using an inhaler.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/celtics-jayson-tatum-now-uses-inhaler-after-covid-19-bout

Interesting. I thought it was like, cardiac issues that were impacted in the long run. Is it lungs too? I honestly dont know. Do we know what Covid did to his lungs that caused the issue? Thankfully it doesnt seem like dozens or even hundreds of top athletes were ruined by Covid as predicted.

Tatum’s obviously in MVP form now despite Covid, but it’s good that using an inhaler allowed him to open up his lungs a little bit. From a scientific perspective, this is clear evidence he experienced chronic damage specifically as a result of the coronavirus.

tontoz
12-16-2022, 04:45 PM
Interesting. I thought it was like, cardiac issues that were impacted in the long run. Is it lungs too? I honestly dont know. Do we know what Covid did to his lungs that caused the issue? Thankfully it doesnt seem like dozens or even hundreds of top athletes were ruined by Covid as predicted.

Tatum’s obviously in MVP form now despite Covid, but it’s good that using an inhaler allowed him to open up his lungs a little bit. From a scientific perspective, this is clear evidence he experienced chronic damage specifically as a result of the coronavirus.

It was last season that Tatum was using the inhaler.

I havent heard of young athletes having cardiac issues from Covid. I have heard of them having stamina issues.

“I’ve talked to guys that said it took months for them to kind of catch their breath, and get their wind back. And I think I’m kind of on the same track with that,” Tatum said Tuesday.

FultzNationRISE
12-16-2022, 04:57 PM
It was last season that Tatum was using the inhaler.

I havent heard of young athletes having cardiac issues from Covid. I have heard of them having stamina issues.

Yeah, could be. Sounds like Tatum talked to some people who felt they were experiencing it, then he realized he’s experiencing it too and kinda being on that same track they were and things of that nature. Not exactly a placebo effect per se, but more like concrete evidence of chronic damage caused by Covid.

Anyway Im just glad the high preponderance of permanent damage to bodily systems reported in people who tested positive for Covid hasnt seemed to affect a single athlete in a medically significant way two years later.

Thank goodness we’re beating the odds in such completely unlikely fashion.

ArbitraryWater
12-16-2022, 05:09 PM

Mate, they're dropping left and right like flies...

take the hint.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmPHzyNjs_l/

meat
12-16-2022, 05:17 PM
I'm just glad everybody is healthy and that the NBA showed us that basketball courts prevent COVID. Wear a mask on the sideline though!:no: You have to be ON the court.

HylianNightmare
12-16-2022, 05:29 PM
Millionaires that see the best doctors have nutrionists and the best modern medicine? In addition to workout out as a full time profession? No it doesn't surprise me

GrayGoat
12-16-2022, 05:31 PM
But we are not out of it yet. Long term Covid might be with us into our 90’s

FultzNationRISE
12-16-2022, 06:04 PM
Millionaires that see the best doctors have nutrionists and the best modern medicine? In addition to workout out as a full time profession? No it doesn't surprise me

Interesting. So it’s only millionaire athletes that aren’t permanently devastated by covid.

Someone should let fans in attendance know. They must all be suffering severe heart ailment at this point from all the close quarters contact and covid transmission. Most of them are not world class athletes nor millionaires. They may want to get their wills in order and prepare funeral arrangements.

meat
12-16-2022, 06:20 PM

Maybe the best doctors should share their knowledge and modern medicine should be available to all modern people. Doesn't seem that difficult. What's the problem?

Full Court
12-16-2022, 08:37 PM

Anyone have an update?

Yet none of the posters you mentioned will admit they were wrong. And you have people like RRR3 just doubling and tripling down on stupid.

FultzNationRISE
12-16-2022, 10:05 PM
Yet none of the posters you mentioned will admit they were wrong. And you have people like RRR3 just doubling and tripling down on stupid.

Yeah.

The world is tough. It’s a big, competitive place of 8 billion. Not everyone‘s gonna feel like they can really keep up with deciphering what’s true and what isnt. I can understand the temptation to roll with the crowd and not try to think independently when it’s just not suited to you. A lot of people on this board did that when it came to covid and the vax.

That said, the point ofc is the arrogance. People everyone knew werent very smart, and were simply just parroting CNN, lecturing others on how they must want old people to die, and not taking the vaccine is even racist, and transphobic, and any random talking point the media wanted to feed them. People like ItsMillertime, eliteballer, imdaman99, primetime, Burninghammer, RMWG, rrr3, Lakers Legend, Loco50, bladefd etc trying to condescend others, as a way to reassure themselves. As a way to signal to the establishment they memorized the message and were good little boys who deserved to be accepted.

They wanted to look smart. They wanted to prove they “got it.”

Hopefully this was a lesson learned.

90sgoat
12-16-2022, 10:40 PM
Basically a lesson for simpletons:

The government is never your friend.

Full Court
12-16-2022, 10:51 PM
Yeah.

The world is tough. It’s a big, competitive place of 8 billion. Not everyone‘s gonna feel like they can really keep up with deciphering what’s true and what isnt. I can understand the temptation to roll with the crowd and not try to think independently when it’s just not suited to you. A lot of people on this board did that when it came to covid and the vax.

That said, the point ofc is the arrogance. People everyone knew werent very smart, and were simply just parroting CNN, lecturing others on how they must want old people to die, and not taking the vaccine is even racist, and transphobic, and any random talking point the media wanted to feed them. People like ItsMillertime, eliteballer, imdaman99, primetime, Burninghammer, RMWG, rrr3, Lakers Legend, Loco50, bladefd etc trying to condescend others, as a way to reassure themselves. As a way to signal to the establishment they memorized the message and were good little boys who deserved to be accepted.

They wanted to look smart. They wanted to prove they “got it.”

Hopefully this was a lesson learned.

Yeah, I'm not optimistic.

FKAri
12-17-2022, 12:21 AM
I thought we'd lost basketball forever. And when the chips were down, Lebron inspired the World by punching a hole through the mist of despair and bringing basketball back. And he didn't just show up which in itself would have been enough(something Kawhit couldn't manage). LeBoner decided to kick COVID in the balls to win the championship. With ZERO help, mind you.

If I'm an athlete, I'm more worried about getting COVID. Hell, any respiratory illness is more problematic than the shot. But if I'm a professional athlete(hint, hint) I'd be very concerned about the shot.

Maybe the best doctors should share their knowledge and modern medicine should be available to all modern people. Doesn't seem that difficult. What's the problem?

You're right. I'm tired of big pharma controlling us. We need to put a stop to these greedy Capitalists! We, the workers of the World should like unite or something.

HylianNightmare
12-17-2022, 12:27 AM
Interesting. So it’s only millionaire athletes that aren’t permanently devastated by covid.

Someone should let fans in attendance know. They must all be suffering severe heart ailment at this point from all the close quarters contact and covid transmission. Most of them are not world class athletes nor millionaires. They may want to get their wills in order and prepare funeral arrangements.

Idk I'll ask my dead aunt and grandma from covid about it