PDA

View Full Version : Wally is not a fan of Tyrese Haliburton.

Kblaze8855
12-20-2022, 10:16 PM
https://youtu.be/z1Y2DvG3LII

The “Fake all star” thing was a bit much.

The Knicks would trade either of the guys he mentioned for him in a second. Maybe both just to dump Randle on the right day.

I didn’t realize Wally was even still around the game. I never listen to knick broadcasts on league pass.

FultzNationRISE
12-20-2022, 10:24 PM
No worries, Haliburton will make the all star team next year.

In the West. :crazysam:

On the Lakers :crazysam:

With Lebron :crazysam::crazysam::crazysam:

SouBeachTalents
12-20-2022, 10:26 PM
I honestly wonder what that was about, it's unusual to see a non ESPN analyst trash a player like that. I thought maybe they were going to show him do something he didn't like during the game, but just to single him out like that randomly? Very strange. And agreed, Haliburton is undoubtedly better than Randle & Brunson.

tontoz
12-20-2022, 10:35 PM
Pretty dumb comments. Haliburton has been beasting. Maybe he is just butt hurt that haliburton is more valuable than anyone on the Knicks.

1987_Lakers
12-20-2022, 11:04 PM
These local team shows can be crazy. I remember a few years ago when The Cavs-Warriors were in the Finals, the local bay area network did a postgame show after the game. Jerry West was a guest and the convo on his Finals losses became a subject, I swear Jerry West was getting emotional telling a story about a time a random fan walked up to him and mocked him about his Finals losses.

imdaman99
12-20-2022, 11:42 PM
For the record I wish the Knicks drafted him instead of Obi Toppin. That being said, Haliburton is solid but he's already been traded from a young team. Some say the Kings never really know what they are doing but they have played better this year and have gotten better. Wally is a Knicks homer so he gets a little personal there, citing Randle and Brunson deserve an allstar nod over him.

Brunson has been ballin and I prefer his leadership. I don't get why everyone is butthurt and pretending to be Haliburton fans when he would be lucky to get 1 thread on him a year.

Proctor
12-20-2022, 11:46 PM
https://youtu.be/z1Y2DvG3LII

The “Fake all star” thing was a bit much.

The Knicks would trade either of the guys he mentioned for him in a second. Maybe both just to dump Randle on the right day.

I didn’t realize Wally was even still around the game. I never listen to knick broadcasts on league pass.
And you're better for it - he's an absolute windbag. Knicks studio team is painful in general

Reggie43
12-21-2022, 01:11 AM
What a weird guy to hate.

ImKobe
12-21-2022, 05:54 AM
That's weird.. Haliburton is putting up 20/4/11/2 with just 2.7 TOV and on 47/39/88 splits & leads the league in assists on a pretty competitive Pacers squad.. how's that not an All-Star player? Those are prime CP3 numbers.

RachlNicholsazz
12-21-2022, 03:30 PM
He wants to probably hate on his "own" players and management every hour of every day. Since he can't or he'll be out of a job, he needs to take it own on someone else

red1
12-22-2022, 12:19 AM
this is getting spicy

wannabe fake all-star - where'd that come from :oldlol:

RRR3
12-22-2022, 12:23 AM
It's always weird to me when announcers commentate for a team they never even played on. Although Wally went to high school in NY so I'm guessing he grew up a Knicks fan?

BigShotBob
12-22-2022, 12:27 AM
I kind of laughed though :lol

And no kblaze I wouldn't take Haliburton over Brunson or Randle right now because they're in similar tiers except Haliburton has the license to hold the ball and do whatever he wants while Randle has been regulated to finishing plays more and Brunson is a true tempo controlling point guard

Axe
12-22-2022, 12:32 AM
Why the hilarious hate? The pacers are just an average team atm lol.

ShawkFactory
12-22-2022, 12:39 AM
I kind of laughed though :lol

And no kblaze I wouldn't take Haliburton over Brunson or Randle right now because they're in similar tiers except Haliburton has the license to hold the ball and do whatever he wants while Randle has been regulated to finishing plays more and Brunson is a true tempo controlling point guard

Haliburton is absolutely and unequivocally better than Julius Randle.

Brunson is a gamer and I may take him right this second but going forward no way. Haliburton never would have worked alongside Fox, but he might honestly be better. Fox was just there first. He was a huge part of the Kings getting Sabonis.

Celtics 1825
12-22-2022, 02:02 AM
Thought this was gonna be about Wally450 for a second :lol

Wally450
12-22-2022, 10:55 AM

Shit, he balled out against the Celtics last night. Can't hate on that. :lol

tontoz
12-22-2022, 11:12 AM
Haliburton is absolutely and unequivocally better than Julius Randle.

Brunson is a gamer and I may take him right this second but going forward no way. Haliburton never would have worked alongside Fox, but he might honestly be better. Fox was just there first. He was a huge part of the Kings getting Sabonis.

Some guys are better off apart. Look at what's happened with Dame and CJ.

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2022, 11:13 AM

i was confused

szerbiak is not the payer you can introduce by just his first name

BigShotBob
12-22-2022, 04:06 PM
I don't know. Randle had a decent year a couple years ago with a team that wasn't built for his strengths since Derrick Rose was in and out and he didn't have a true point so he had to play point forward. Haliburton is a better passer and shooter but Randle is a better rebounder and finisher and has a high motor on the glass. Depends on what your team needs.

Yes Haliburton is flourishing away from the Kings. I don't think that a true SG can play next to Fox since they'll both be doing the same kind of things unless his backcourt mate was a spot up or a pure play-maker/lockdown defender then there's no reason for Haliburton to be there

ShawkFactory
12-22-2022, 06:42 PM
I don't know. Randle had a decent year a couple years ago with a team that wasn't built for his strengths since Derrick Rose was in and out and he didn't have a true point so he had to play point forward. Haliburton is a better passer and shooter but Randle is a better rebounder and finisher and has a high motor on the glass. Depends on what your team needs.

Yes Haliburton is flourishing away from the Kings. I don't think that a true SG can play next to Fox since they'll both be doing the same kind of things unless his backcourt mate was a spot up or a pure play-maker/lockdown defender then there's no reason for Haliburton to be there

You just described the difference between a guard and a forward.

Haliburton is a better guard than Randle is as a forward. He had a solid season but was completely awful in the playoffs and made people realize that he couldn’t be the guy in any sort of fashion.

Reggie43
12-24-2022, 01:29 AM
Haliburton’s week started with Knicks analyst Wally Szczerbiak, working for MSG Network, calling the Pacers guard “Mr. Supposed Wannabe Fake All-Star.” Szczerbiak later apologized for the comment. Haliburton has been on a tear since. He’s averaging 38 points in the two games since Szczerbiak’s line, with 16 3-pointers in those contests.