PDA

View Full Version : Kobe/Lebron - Who's the better 3-point shooter...

StrongLurk
12-22-2022, 12:25 PM
...in year 20?

Kobe - 28.5% on 7.1 attempts (lowest percentage of all time with at least 7 attempts).
Lebron - 30.4% on 7 attempts (working hard to get as low as Kobe)

It's hilarious how much these two bricked threes at this stage in their careers. I guess Lebron has a chance to turn things around and maybe get back up to 33-34%.

Here's Jordan's Wizards 3-point stats as a bonus - 24.1% on only 0.8 attempts

I can't wait for the massive amount ignorant NBA fans in 20 years to completely shit on all three of these guys solely because they were never elite 3-point shooters. "HoW cAn ThEy Be GoAtS when they couldn't make threes" is what they will say.

Yeezy
12-22-2022, 12:29 PM
almost all of lebrons 3s were wide open being dared to shoot

almost all of kobes 3s were highly contested because defenders picked him up at half court

you can't even compare them

Yeezy
12-22-2022, 12:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvvVd74-OxY

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psX3x2iggpo&ab_channel=BackRimBasketball

:roll:

zero respect for lebron. the game plan was to give him the three because he hits 34% wide open. most nba players hit like 40-45% in a game wide open like this

Real Men Wear Green
12-22-2022, 01:01 PM
Generally the older a player gets the more of a jumpshooter he becomes. Less athleticism and less energy. Bryant unfortunately was also dealing with the Achilles tear after which he was nowhere near good enough to be the star of an offense but was put in that role anyway.

Yeezy
12-22-2022, 01:18 PM
Generally the older a player gets the more of a jumpshooter he becomes. Less athleticism and less energy. Bryant unfortunately was also dealing with the Achilles tear after which he was nowhere near good enough to be the star of an offense but was put in that role anyway.

i didn't even notice the year 20 shit till now

but even on 1 leg kobe faced more pressure on the perimeter than lebron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRdZUdR8bqM&ab_channel=HouseofHighlights

Full Court
12-22-2022, 02:38 PM
I don't even like Kobe, but I'd take him in the clutch over LeShrivel all day, every day.

StrongLurk
12-27-2022, 10:11 PM
Lebron turning in a 0/7 performance tonight...really trying to catch Kobe here.

davidkimchi
12-27-2022, 10:14 PM
they are both great

Spurs m8
12-27-2022, 10:23 PM
...in year 20?

Kobe - 28.5% on 7.1 attempts (lowest percentage of all time with at least 7 attempts).

It's hilarious how much these two bricked threes at this stage in their careers. I guess Lebron has a chance to turn things around and maybe get back up to 33-34%.

I can't wait for the massive amount ignorant NBA fans in 20 years to completely shit on all three of these guys solely because they were never elite 3-point shooters. "HoW cAn ThEy Be GoAtS when they couldn't make threes" is what they will say.

The bron stans already say that now...despite their hero being terrible at 3s and playing in the 3 point era

The peak of ignorance

kawhileonard2
12-27-2022, 11:07 PM
Kobe still

Full Court
12-28-2022, 12:18 AM
Even Jordan was a much better three point shooter than Lebron is. Kobe definitely was. Low IQ Bronie fluffers don't know how to look beyone just the shot %. But then they ignore than Jordan has a higher career 3-pt % in finals than Lebron does.

lebronlover69
12-29-2022, 09:04 AM
I love and respect Kobe, but this isn't even close. Its King James

StrongLurk
01-13-2023, 10:41 AM
...in year 20?

Bron with ANOTHER awful 3-point shooting game. He is finally tied with Kobe at 28.5% from three on 6.7 attempts per game (barely less than Kobe).

Kind of amazing how similar their 3-point shooting is in year 20.

Lebron23
01-13-2023, 11:02 AM
Lebron James - All time

StrongLurk
01-13-2023, 11:10 AM
Lebron James - All time

The thread is year 20 only.

Nowitness
01-13-2023, 11:48 AM
almost all of lebrons 3s were wide open being dared to shoot

almost all of kobes 3s were highly contested because defenders picked him up at half court

you can't even compare them

Lol.

No one was contesting year 20 Brick shooting 35% from the field whilst having no lateral quickness or athleticism, to go alongside his inability to pass or get others involved.

Axe
01-13-2023, 06:19 PM
...in year 20?

:yaohappy:

He's scared to shoot more from there because there was no more shortened wnba three-point line.

StrongLurk
05-03-2023, 08:32 AM
...in year 20?

Bumping the OP :roll:

Kobe had the record for worst volume three point shooting year ever, but Lebron is literally right there with him as worst volume three point shooting season ever.

Lebron finished with a slightly higher percentage than Kobe did this year in the reg season (only 32%), but Lebron is absolutely bricking threes in these playoffs

tpols
05-03-2023, 08:45 AM
If you were to put them in a gym and have them take 100 3s from all the different spots like we used to do as kids when we played around the world, kobe would smoke him.

The thing is Kobe used to take wild ass heavily defended 3s... it was pretty much either a Heat check or last resort shot for him. Where as lebron is left wide open. And it's a regular part of his arsenal.

Any player from the past that could shoot 80+% from the FT line would've been much better shooting the 3 today because it's a more acceptable shot to be taken all the time than it was in the past.

3ba11
05-03-2023, 10:30 AM
Only Lebron and Kobe shot poorly at meaningful volume, while MJ never did.. Jordan shot at today's standard in any season that he had meaningful volume (more than 1.5 attempts).

Show me a season where MJ shot poorly at meaningful volume (1.5 attempts or more)

It never happened because he could dominate without lazy threes, while Lebron and Kobe couldn't.. MJ was on an entirely different level from both, as evidenced by the winning, stats or accolade... aka fake debate... There's only 1 goat and he's on a higher level than anyone in history, as evidenced by the winning, stats and accolade on both ends of the floor.

sdot_thadon
05-03-2023, 10:42 AM
Only Lebron and Kobe shot poorly at meaningful volume, while MJ never did.. Jordan shot at today's standard in any season that he had meaningful volume (more than 1.5 attempts).

Show me a season where MJ shot poorly at meaningful volume (1.5 attempts or more)

It never happened because he could dominate without lazy threes, while Lebron and Kobe couldn't.. MJ was on an entirely different level from both, as evidenced by the winning, stats or accolade... aka fake debate... There's only 1 goat and he's on a higher level than anyone in history, as evidenced by the winning, stats and accolade on both ends of the floor.

And of the 3 only Mj got the opportunity to shoot from wnba distance.......

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2023, 10:44 AM
If you were to put them in a gym and have them take 100 3s from all the different spots like we used to do as kids when we played around the world, kobe would smoke him.

The thing is Kobe used to take wild ass heavily defended 3s... it was pretty much either a Heat check or last resort shot for him. Where as lebron is left wide open. And it's a regular part of his arsenal.

Any player from the past that could shoot 80+% from the FT line would've been much better shooting the 3 today because it's a more acceptable shot to be taken all the time than it was in the past.

this reminds me of the melo fan back in the day saying he leads jersey sales over lebron in the last month

nice, but whats it got to do with anything?

ArbitraryWater
05-03-2023, 10:45 AM

1.5 attempts aka one 3 a game is "meaningful volume" ? Interesting definition

3ba11
05-03-2023, 10:50 AM
1.5 attempts aka one 3 a game is "meaningful volume" ? Interesting definition

Jordan always shot at today's standard whenever he had more than 1.5 attempts

let that sink in

that's natural talent (no practice) and also goat IQ.. think about how dumb it is to shoot 7 threes at 30%... that's dumb af especially as the goat turnover king too

The reality is that Jordan already won titles while shooting at today's standard, such as 39% on 4 attempts for the 93' Playoffs, or 43% on 5 attempts in the 92' Finals.. Both of these are better than Kawhi's run in 2019 where he shot 34% on 5 attempts.