PDA

View Full Version : Still no love for Lavine?

PeroAntic
12-25-2022, 10:22 AM
When he had a slump everyone was calling for trading, benching, "not a star" etc. (nobody cares its post knee surgery period)

Now he picks it up finally, last ten games hes scored 25 ppg on 50/40/90 while also involving his teammates, being clutch AND terrific on defense since the locker room confrontation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw2RmvFIncM

Dead silence from the naysayers as usual.

Coincidentally since that 150 points allowed against the Wolves, Chicago is 3-0. My man deserves more respect than he's getting. Whatever your feelings are "there is something about him I don't like", simple fact is hes one of the most unstoppable offensive players in the game.

Full Court
12-25-2022, 10:51 AM
Don't care. Still want the Bulls to launch him. He's had years to accomplish something, and he's come up lacking. And he's a team cancer.

Real Men Wear Green
12-25-2022, 10:57 AM
Seems like it was just last week there was a confrontation in the Bulls locker room between him and his teammates, no?

I am not sure whet or not I qualify as one of your naysayers. I don't think he sucks but am generally on the opposite side of your argument. I don't have a list of top 25 players but if I made one he may not make it. I believe that generally any great athlete can be a good defender of he's reasonably intelligent and gives a strong effort. Lavine is a great athlete that has shown no signs of being dumb but because he doesn't give defense his best he's not good at it. As a fan of ball I don't care for that. But he absolutely can score and he has skills. It's very possible that I have a subconscious sliding scale that discredits a bad defender that I think chooses not to be better more than I do a bad shooter who I figure has hard wired bad mechanics and can't help himself. I find that bad shooter to be more sympathetic. But logic says both flaws are a problem.

Regardless have the issues With teammates been resolved?

iamgine
12-25-2022, 11:27 AM
I think people are generally not watching the Bulls since they're towards the bottom of the league. Not sure what's to love until they turn it around at least up to a .500 team.

PeroAntic
12-25-2022, 11:44 AM
Seems like it was just last week there was a confrontation in the Bulls locker room between him and his teammates, no?

I am not sure whet or not I qualify as one of your naysayers. I don't think he sucks but am generally on the opposite side of your argument. I don't have a list of top 25 players but if I made one he may not make it. I believe that generally any great athlete can be a good defender of he's reasonably intelligent and gives a strong effort. Lavine is a great athlete that has shown no signs of being dumb but because he doesn't give defense his best he's not good at it. As a fan of ball I don't care for that. But he absolutely can score and he has skills. It's very possible that I have a subconscious sliding scale that discredits a bad defender that I think chooses not to be better more than I do a bad shooter who I figure has hard wired bad mechanics and can't help himself. I find that bad shooter to be more sympathetic. But logic says both flaws are a problem.

Regardless have the issues With teammates been resolved?
Lavine's defensive issues are not really a matter of effort. One on one hes a very good defender, but he has often concentration lapses where he misses a rotation. I don't think he can help himself in that regard either, but extra effort doesn't hurt.

My point is extra effort doesn't mean he isn't giving effort already. And my other point is that there are a bunch of mediocre defenders out there but no one gets stick for that as much as Lavine does (see Booker, Mitchell etc). So its not some kind of objective assessment, its something to do with Lavine as a person more probably.

I mean you have Full Court here calling him a team cancer without any kind of argument or evidence for that.

Anyway if theyre winning, surely the issues have been papered over but it depends on whether hes able to sustain this. A player like Lavine needs to shoot close to 50% from the field and 40 from three in order to be effective, but he has done it before more than once (and obviously didn't get credit for that)

imdaman99
12-25-2022, 01:40 PM
My cousin that lives in Chicago and a Bulls fan would love to trade him for a lottery pick in the 2028 draft :oldlol:

fourkicks44
12-25-2022, 02:41 PM
I would trade him straight up for Harden.

Throw Maxey the keys to run the offense.

Extend the window for the team to compete with Joel in his prime.