hes officially the 2nd coming of mamba
Certainly played like him in the finals last year. :applause:

sportjames23
12-26-2022, 04:33 AM
Certainly played like him in the finals last year. :applause:

Better than LeBron then? :confusedshrug:

ImKobe
12-26-2022, 04:45 AM
He's slightly better than last year but still lacks the ball-handling & passing skills to be at a top 5 level on a consistent basis. Offense has improved (more 3s at a similar efficiency, better in the paint) but he's no longer as impactful on the defensive side, which happens to all the great 2-way perimeter scorers.

hes officially the 2nd coming of mamba

Not as versatile nor as good of a playmaker as KB. Kobe wasn't jacking 10 threes a game on average. JT barely takes any shots from 10-20 ft while that was about 40-50% of Kobe's game. Kawhi & Booker are more similar to how KB played.

Real Men Wear Green
12-26-2022, 08:45 AM
Even if you think there are more deserving players you should want to see Tatum win MVPs just so we can explore what fresh bullshit ImKobe will write next. Tatum's continued rise is killing this dude.

He's slightly better than last year but still lacks the ball-handling & passing skills to be at a top 5 level on a consistent basis. Offense has improved (more 3s at a similar efficiency, better in the paint) but he's no longer as impactful on the defensive side, which happens to all the great 2-way perimeter scorers.
. The list of better dribblers his height is going to be extremely short. He's had clutch defensive plays to put games in overtime and averages almost a block per game.

ImKobe
12-26-2022, 10:21 AM
Even if you think there are more deserving players you should want to see Tatum win MVPs just so we can explore what fresh bullshit ImKobe will write next. Tatum's continued rise is killing this dude.

The list of better dribblers his height is going to be extremely short. He's had clutch defensive plays to put games in overtime and averages almost a block per game.

Bullshit? You're acting as if Tatum's putting up the best numbers in the league and is as consistent as others. KD is putting up the same numbers on better efficiency, is top 10 in blocks and the Nets are currently the hottest team in the league & he's had to deal with Kyrie & Ben Simmons all season + they fired their HC during the season.

I guess giving Tatum top 10 praise & saying he's improved offensively is not enough for Boston fans.

Guess what, every elite 2-way wing with the exception of MJ has declined defensively when carrying a bigger load on offense. JT is still good but the metrics on the defensive side aren't as great though the Celtics are getting better on D so that's up for future debate.

I'm being objective here. His load and efficiency is just about on par with what he did in the 2nd half of last season. He still has stuff he can improve on which is obvious to anyone who's followed his career. He could become the best player in the league the next few years and I wouldn't be surprised but he's not there yet.

Real Men Wear Green
12-26-2022, 10:47 AM
Bullshit? You're acting as if Tatum's putting up the best numbers in the league and is as consistent as others. KD is putting up the same numbers on better efficiency, is top 10 in blocks and the Nets are currently the hottest team in the league & he's had to deal with Kyrie & Ben Simmons all season + they fired their HC during the season. You post nothing but bullshit. In this very reply you claim I said Tatum had the best stats in the league. You are a liar with an agenda.

I guess giving Tatum top 10 praise & saying he's improved offensively is not enough for Boston fans.
You continue to make crap up because your argument is long dead. Like saying he lacks as a dribbler and defender. It's just garbage with you every time you post. You have been on this bullshit since back when Ingram vs Tatum was a debate. You lost that one badly and can't get over it.

Guess what, every elite 2-way wing with the exception of MJ has declined defensively when carrying a bigger load on offense. JT is still good but the metrics on the defensive side aren't as great though the Celtics are getting better on D so that's up for future debate.
You continue to just say bullshit without any kind of rationale. Yes the Celtic defense is worse this year. That may have something to do with not having their All-Defense shotblocking center for almost the whole season to date. In his absence Tatum has been the teams top rebounder and is tied with Horford in total blocks. And Horford has been rested a number of games. For quite a few contests the Celtics have had to start Blake Griffin at center. With such bad rim protection the defense is going to fall off. But you just see a chance to criticize Tatum. You don't know anything about the real situation or you are just a liar. Most likely both.

Kblaze8855
12-26-2022, 10:59 AM
.I'm being objective here.

No, you are not. You have obviously had an anti Tatum thing for years.

Jasper
12-26-2022, 11:54 AM
I have stated this before , you stop Brown , you stop the Celtics ...

Tatum can score 60 and they will still lose.

Real Men Wear Green
12-26-2022, 12:21 PM
I have stated this before , you stop Brown , you stop the Celtics ...

Tatum can score 60 and they will still lose.

2 points is 2 points regardless of who scores it.

Manny98
12-26-2022, 12:58 PM
Just an average game for KD

Real Men Wear Green
12-26-2022, 01:17 PM
Just an average game for KD

Too bad he couldn't be average in the playoffs.

RRR3
12-26-2022, 01:37 PM
:oldlol:

Manny98
12-26-2022, 02:09 PM
KD has achieved more in the postseason than Tatum could dream of

AlternativeAcc.
12-26-2022, 02:12 PM

KD averages like 35ppg on absurd efficiency in the finals

Tatum? :oldlol:

Tatum has proven nothing.

Real Men Wear Green
12-26-2022, 02:12 PM
KD has achieved more in the postseason than Tatum could dream of
If Tatum joined a 73 win team he would have a ring too but we have reason to believe he can get his on a team that he came up with.

Real Men Wear Green
12-26-2022, 02:14 PM
KD averages like 35ppg on absurd efficiency in the finals

Tatum? :oldlol:

Tatum has proven nothing.

The team won two championships without him. Durant is great but his rings just don't have the same merit. He knows this and that's why he took on the challenge in Brooklyn.

AlternativeAcc.
12-26-2022, 02:17 PM
The team won two championships without him. Durant is great but his rings just don't have the same merit. He knows this and that's why he took on the challenge in Brooklyn.

Carried westbrook to the finals and averaged 30+ on 55% in the finals

Tatum averaged 21 on 36%.

Durant even outside the Warriors owns Tatum, and Tatums teams are far better than anything Durant has had outside of GS.

Real Men Wear Green
12-26-2022, 02:20 PM
Carried westbrook to the finals and averaged 30+ on 55% in the finals

Tatum averaged 21 on 36%.

Durant even outside the Warriors owns Tatum, and Tatums teams are far better than anything Durant has had outside of GS.

Only thing Durant owns right now is 8 straight losses to the Celtics. If that's being owned you can have it. The only winning that Durant had over Tatum was done by joining the winningest team in NBA history. That's just a fact.

AlternativeAcc.
12-26-2022, 02:24 PM
Only thing Durant owns right now is 8 straight losses to the Celtics. If that's being owned you can have it. The only winning that Durant had over Tatum was done by joining the winningest team in NBA history. That's just a fact.

So your argument against Durant is that he had great teams on Golden State while simultaneously arguing for Tatum for having better teams than Durants Nets.

Interesting

Durant owns him, Tatum has done nothing in the league. Those are the real facts

Real Men Wear Green
12-26-2022, 02:29 PM
So your argument against Durant is that he had great teams on Golden State while simultaneously arguing for Tatum for having better teams than Durants Nets.

Interesting

Durant owns him, Tatum has done nothing in the league. Those are the real facts

I suppose you could view things that way if you're an idiot. You don't own a player that just swept your team and shut you down as the primary defender on you for a series. You can have better scoring statistics than that guy overall and Durant has that but owned? He got swept so that's a stupid thing to say. The end.

BallsOut
12-26-2022, 04:18 PM
The real regular season deal :lebronamazed:

ImKobe
12-26-2022, 05:51 PM
No, you are not. You have obviously had an anti Tatum thing for years.

Sorry for being objective and not slurping a Celtic player. What is that you expect me to say here? Is top 10 not enough for Tatum?

1987_Lakers
12-26-2022, 05:56 PM
Sorry for being objective and not slurping a Celtic player. What is that you expect me to say here? Is top 10 not enough for Tatum?

Remember when you argued Ingram was better than Tatum? LOL

ImKobe
12-26-2022, 05:57 PM
You post nothing but bullshit. In this very reply you claim I said Tatum had the best stats in the league. You are a liar with an agenda.

You continue to make crap up because your argument is long dead. Like saying he lacks as a dribbler and defender. It's just garbage with you every time you post. You have been on this bullshit since back when Ingram vs Tatum was a debate. You lost that one badly and can't get over it.
You continue to just say bullshit without any kind of rationale. Yes the Celtic defense is worse this year. That may have something to do with not having their All-Defense shotblocking center for almost the whole season to date. In his absence Tatum has been the teams top rebounder and is tied with Horford in total blocks. And Horford has been rested a number of games. For quite a few contests the Celtics have had to start Blake Griffin at center. With such bad rim protection the defense is going to fall off. But you just see a chance to criticize Tatum. You don't know anything about the real situation or you are just a liar. Most likely both.

Nothing but bullshit? Are YOU being objective here at all? Please give me any data that disputes my claims on JT. I've looked at the RAPTOR numbers and every other On/Off stat that there is to evaluate Tatum's own impact on the team. Tatum is not playing the best basketball in the league which is a fact. I'm sorry that I'm not treating Tatum like the 2nd coming of Kobe/MJ.. He's somewhere between top 5-10 in the league which is still ****ing great but you take that as a slight and expect a Laker fan out of all people to have him as the best player in the league because anything short of that is considered bullshit to you.

Y'all just can't deal with opposing opinions & facts at all. JT is doing fine for himself and the Celtics are in a great spot but you choose to come here & get upset at a Laker fan for not rating Tatum higher than 5-10 in the whole league. There are plenty of Celtics forums/boards out there that will give you the kind of feedback you're looking for.

ImKobe
12-26-2022, 05:58 PM

BI's been injured this season. Who cares about that debate at this point? Maybe you should stop pretending to be a Laker fan and actually debate basketball like a normal person.

1987_Lakers
12-26-2022, 06:02 PM
BI's been injured this season. Who cares about that debate at this point? Maybe you should stop pretending to be a Laker fan and actually debate basketball like a normal person.

He's played 15 games so far and has barley cracked 20 ppg. You saying Ingram > Tatum is one of the dumbest things you have said, which says alot. Maybe you should stop pretending to be a Laker fan, what kind of fan leaves from this forum the moment his teams wins a title just because LeBron wins FMVP? Weak.

ImKobe
12-26-2022, 06:12 PM
He's played 15 games so far and has barley cracked 20 ppg. You saying Ingram > Tatum is one of the dumbest things you have said, which says alot. Maybe you should stop pretending to be a Laker fan, what kind of fan leaves from this forum the moment his teams wins a title just because LeBron wins FMVP? Weak.

Just admit that you're not a Laker fan and stop pretending to be someone you're not on a dying basketball forum. No one cares about your dumb shtick. It stopped being funny years ago man.

Real Men Wear Green
12-26-2022, 06:14 PM
Nothing but bullshit? Are YOU being objective here at all? Please give me any data that disputes my claims on JT. I've looked at the RAPTOR numbers and every other On/Off stat that there is to evaluate Tatum's own impact on the team. Tatum is not playing the best basketball in the league which is a fact. I'm sorry that I'm not treating Tatum like the 2nd coming of Kobe/MJ.. He's somewhere between top 5-10 in the league which is still ****ing great but you take that as a slight and expect a Laker fan out of all people to have him as the best player in the league because anything short of that is considered bullshit to you.

Y'all just can't deal with opposing opinions & facts at all. JT is doing fine for himself and the Celtics are in a great spot but you choose to come here & get upset at a Laker fan for not rating Tatum higher than 5-10 in the whole league. There are plenty of Celtics forums/boards out there that will give you the kind of feedback you're looking for.

Yeah we knew that you aren't objective. You can use your fake Laker Fandom as an excuse if you want. Doesn't matter but you remain a bullshit factory.

1987_Lakers
12-26-2022, 06:17 PM
Just admit that you're not a Laker fan and stop pretending to be someone you're not on a dying basketball forum. No one cares about your dumb shtick. It stopped being funny years ago man.

Says the guy who left this froum upset & crying after "his team" won in 2020. You're a joke.

ImKobe
12-26-2022, 06:24 PM
Yeah we knew that you aren't objective. You can use your fake Laker Fandom as an excuse if you want. Doesn't matter but you remain a bullshit factory.

So you can't refute the data and reduce anything I say to "bullshit" because it doesn't fit your agenda. Great. This is not a Celtics board so idk why you expect people to just put JT over players who are objectively performing better than him so far this season.

ImKobe
12-26-2022, 06:27 PM
Says the guy who left this froum upset & crying after "his team" won in 2020. You're a joke.

You have to be mentally disabled. I'll just leave you back on ignore. The account you're posting on is from '07 and you're still this immature lmao. You're probably in your 40s and still devote hours of your day to this board and get upset when other posters have a life outside of ISH.

1987_Lakers
12-26-2022, 06:28 PM
:cry:

:oldlol:

Fitting how you would put me on ignore, just like your hero who ignored his teammates his entire career.

Real Men Wear Green
12-26-2022, 06:36 PM
So you can't refute the data and reduce anything I say to "bullshit" because it doesn't fit your agenda. Great. This is not a Celtics board so idk why you expect people to just put JT over players who are objectively performing better than him so far this season.
I already replied to your stupid comments on his defense declining and the bullshit you wrote about his dribbling. Don't know what more is to be expected especially when you have no rebuttal beyond whining about having your bullshit pointed out.

Wally450
12-26-2022, 09:37 PM
The real regular season deal :lebronamazed:

Dropped 46 in an elimination game in Milwaukee last postseason.

"He's not that guy"

Axe
12-26-2022, 10:29 PM
:lol

Manny98
12-27-2022, 02:14 PM
Dropped 46 in an elimination game in Milwaukee last postseason.

"He's not that guy"

And proceeded to have a 2011 level choke in the finals, yh he's not that guy mate

Kblaze8855
12-27-2022, 02:31 PM

Dude…you don’t **** with Jason Tatum. It’s fine. But it is what it is. You got caught up in a stupid Ingram thing years ago and have let it taint your Tatum takes ever since and everyone…including people who don’t care about the Celtics…can see that.

Own it. I don’t like James Harden. I don’t need to bullshit anyone about it. Don’t like him. Don’t like his game. So what? It’s sports. We aren’t really required to be objective. And you aren’t.

Wally450
12-27-2022, 07:54 PM
And proceeded to have a 2011 level choke in the finals, yh he's not that guy mate

Yes he did. I can admit that, unlike some other stans that go above and beyond to defend their guy.

He's 24 playing in his first Finals. He'll be back.