PDA

View Full Version : “My voice is a unique instrument, and I will not lend it to your songs.”

Kblaze8855
12-26-2022, 02:07 PM
The unbelievable/amazing line John Fogerty reportedly said to the other band members of CCR when they didn’t want him to have complete control, and decided to write their own songs and have him sing them. If you don’t k one who these people are…you’ve heard this song at least:

https://youtu.be/Gu2pVPWGYMQ

They were a huge group largely due to the lead singer/writer/everythinger John and his distinctive voice. But the band felt he was doing too much and their artistry was stifled. So they wrote some songs and he refused to sing them.

Made them put it out without him and they broke up shortly later….

Basically, he would rather lose them not have complete control.

Who would you say might be the basketball equivalent? Has anyone ever reached those heights of petty?

Pippen in 94?

Shaq in general?

Who do you think would let the team lose before they saw someone else take credit?

Xiao Yao You
12-26-2022, 02:16 PM
The unbelievable/amazing line John Fogerty reportedly said to the other band members of CCR when they didn’t want him to have complete control, and decided to write their own songs and have him sing them. If you don’t k one who these people are…you’ve heard this song at least:

https://youtu.be/Gu2pVPWGYMQ

They were a huge group largely due to the lead singer/writer/everythinger John and his distinctive voice. But the band felt he was doing too much and their artistry was stifled. So they wrote some songs and he refused to sing them.

Made them put it out without him and they broke up shortly later….

Basically, he would rather lose them not have complete control.

Who would you say might be the basketball equivalent? Has anyone ever reached those heights of petty?

Pippen in 94?

Shaq in general?

Who do you think would let the team lose before they saw someone else take credit?

might want to add that one was his brother

Kblaze8855
12-26-2022, 02:27 PM
I respect the confidence and utter disregard for your fellow man It takes to say those words though.

Real Men Wear Green
12-26-2022, 02:32 PM
I guess if you take Jerry Stackhouse shot selection very seriously you could accuse him of that but I don't read his personality that way I think that he was just following his nature. Needed to be reigned in but he doesn't have a personality disorder.

Kblaze8855
12-26-2022, 02:39 PM
I guess if you take Jerry Stackhouse shot selection very seriously you could accuse him of that but I don't read his personality that way I think that he was just following his nature. Needed to be reigned in but he doesn't have a personality disorder.

Nobody would care today, but if you read stories, Elvin Hayes is probably this guy. When Texas winter got the job coaching the Rockets and tried to implement the triangle, Elvin told him that asking him to pass is like asking Babe Ruth to bunt.

Im Still Ballin
12-26-2022, 03:24 PM
Rick Barry