PDA

View Full Version : Compared to players how much do you value coaching?

Kblaze8855
12-27-2022, 11:20 AM
Let’s say your team can have whoever you personally consider the best coach in the world for the next 10 years or they can sign any non-All-Star over the age of 25 to any deal they want and not have it count against the cap. Is any coach worth that no doubt good but not elite player?

If not…how far down the line do you go?

Is your top coach worth Marcus Smart for free? Christian Wood?

Name a player you’d consider roughly equal in value to whoever you think the best coach in the world is.

Kblaze8855
12-27-2022, 11:25 AM
The difference between these two approaches is pretty significant no?

"I remember early meetings and early practices looking at Steve like he was out of his ****ing mind," Green told Redick. "This guy's preaching ball movement and 'Hey Steph, don't hold the ball, swing the ball!'"

Green noted that Jackson's offense had relied on a lot more pick-and-roll and isolations than what Kerr wanted, and it was an offensive system that had given Warriors players confidence.

"When Steve came in, he's like, 'Move the ball, move the ball!' I'm watching Steph Curry go into mixing someone, [Kerr's] like, 'Pass the ball!'"

Green said he approached Kerr one day to say that players like Curry and Klay Thompson needed to dribble the ball more to create their own shots. That's when Kerr imparted basketball wisdom onto Green that stuck with him.

"He said, 'The ball will always find the guy who's supposed to get the shot.'

"And I didn't understand that then. I'm like, 'Okay, you keep telling us to swing the ball, it's not gonna find them.' And sure enough, as we bought into the system that he was bringing to us, the ball always found Steph, it always found Klay. It always found the guys it needed to find. And it was just really a matter of us buying in."

"I think it's also a philosophical thing," Kerr said. "My background is the triangle with Phil Jackson and the motion offense of Popovich where more people are touching the ball, and I suppose I'm a little more egalitarian in my approach ... I feel maybe because I was a role player myself, I feel there's a power in everybody touching the ball and everybody sharing in the offense."

This was Mark Jackson’s approach:

“Steph I’m willing to lose a game if another point guard goes at you. If another pg goes at you and it becomes a contest of who gets the best of who, i’ll take the loss, you win the battle.”.

You could see how Mark’s approach was designed to get Steph to have confidence and take the next step realizing he can out play anybody, but at the same time would the warriors have ever become as good as they did, with a coach telling them it’s OK to lose the game as long as the star wins his match up? Or do you assume he’d have started preaching ball movement once Steph was where he wanted him?

These things do matter.

But how much?

Yeezy
12-27-2022, 11:26 AM
its not so much coaching as it is the players ability to buy into it

the players and coaches are co dependent on each other to make it work.

an average coach with players that respect him will go farther than a great coach with cancerous star players that just wanna do their own thing

which is why so many black coaches are getting jobs today. players are racist and turning on white coaches. they can't get anyone to listen to them anymore

Kblaze8855
12-27-2022, 11:42 AM
its not so much coaching as it is the players ability to buy into it

the players and coaches are co dependent on each other to make it work.

an average coach with players that respect him will go farther than a great coach with cancerous star players that just wanna do their own thing

which is why so many black coaches are getting jobs today. players are racist and turning on white coaches. they can't get anyone to listen to them anymore

It’s about 50-50, despite the extreme majority of players being black as opposed to Jordan’s day, which would have 3 to 5 in a league with an even higher majority of black players. In 1992 there were only two black coaches in the league I believe. It being closer to half is largely due to the ending of old ways where people like Sterling would openly tell staff he wanted 12 southern black boys and a white head coach.

Rest assured, a lot more Black people have been denied coaching opportunities due to racism than white people. It will be some time before the scales are even close to balanced.

You are just seeing something closer to fairness as opposed to generations of open discrimination. There will always be discrimination, but it is factually less today than it was when you had to be an immensely respected Hall of Fame player to even get a look as a black person and I want to say the first four were either player coaches, like Bill Russell and Lenny Wilkens or recently retired ones like KC Jones and Al Attles.

There’s really no comparison, discrimination wise. We would have to put a quiet quota in place and not give white people a chance at all for the next 50 years to even get close.

Real Men Wear Green
12-27-2022, 11:45 AM
The Celtic results this season would say that Smart is more important than Udoka.

Yeezy
12-27-2022, 11:58 AM
It’s about 50-50, despite the extreme majority of players being black as opposed to Jordan’s day, which would have 3 to 5 in a league with an even higher majority of black players. In 1992 there were only two black coaches in the league I believe. It being closer to half is largely due to the ending of old ways where people like Sterling would openly tell staff he wanted 12 southern black boys and a white head coach.

Rest assured, a lot more Black people have been denied coaching opportunities due to racism than white people. It will be some time before the scales are even close to balanced.

You are just seeing something closer to fairness as opposed to generations of open discrimination. There will always be discrimination, but it is factually less today than it was when you had to be an immensely respected Hall of Fame player to even get a look as a black person and I want to say the first four were either player coaches, like Bill Russell and Lenny Wilkens or recently retired ones like KC Jones and Al Attles.

There’s really no comparison, discrimination wise. We would have to put a quiet quota in place and not give white people a chance at all for the next 50 years to even get close.

the reason white people are usually better coaches is because black athletes get by more on athletic advantages so white players need to learn X's and O's/angles/teamwork more. they see the court better because they can't just blow by people or jump over them. like imagine shaq as a coach. he would be like "just dunk it. get 7 a quarter. hes bbq chicken."

theres some black coaches that know a ton about the game but most of the time they get the job and do well more so because they're a locker room leader ( leader of men - stephen a smith ) which translates to "they'll actually listen to him cause hes black"

i guarantee david blatt knew 10 times more about the game of basketball than tyronn lue did but one guy was a white israeli and the other guy was tight with the homies

https://cavaliersnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/USATSI_8910781_168386351_lowres-e1666890268303.jpg

and theres no way Jacque Vaughn knows more about basketball than steve nash

but the nets are actually listening to their coach and buying into what he says now. wonder why

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/qJ1x6BPLSZiyoRUu2pcunYjmfo0=/1400x1400/filters:format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/24295218/1439368896.jpg

Yeezy
12-27-2022, 11:59 AM
The Celtic results this season would say that Smart is more important than Udoka.

culture/system is ingrained in them already. they could have a player/coach at this point like horford. same for the warriors and spurs

Kblaze8855
12-27-2022, 12:24 PM
the reason white people are usually better coaches is because black athletes get by more on athletic advantages so white players need to learn X's and O's/angles/teamwork more. they see the court better because they can't just blow by people or jump over them. like imagine shaq as a coach. he would be like "just dunk it. get 7 a quarter. hes bbq chicken."

theres some black coaches that know a ton about the game but most of the time they get the job and do well more so because they're a locker room leader ( leader of men - stephen a smith ) which translates to "they'll actually listen to him cause hes black"

The reason there’s so many white coaches is because for 70 years, there were no Black people allowed to coach, so they were no coaching trees and coaches son’s created. They hired literal baseball umpires who had never played or coached basketball to coach in the NBA over Hall of Fame point guards who wanted an opportunity but were forced to go coach at Black only universities in the south that have no funding.

you go down the coaching tree from those old days you see fathers and sons and old friends, sons and nephews and business associates being brought into the coaching world by pure nepotism, and the good old boys network, which outright discrimination prevented Black people from having.

if you hire me to coach a team, and I have to get together a staff, it would be largely Black people because that is who I know. So I don’t think it’s outright racism when someone gives a borderline adolescent coach K a shot or any of the dozens of others who created coaching trees extending to today. It’s as much proximity as prejudice but the end result is the same.

Entire families of white coaches and coaches kids and friends spreading while blacks people weren’t given the chance. White people love to point out how to open discrimination was a long time ago, while refusing to a knowledge in the long term affects of it.

You don’t have to be some devious old white guy holding Black people down. You just have to hire your buddy who hires his buddy whose son works with the dad and has two kids who follow him. Just like that…coaching network of white people in a world that is all too happy to give them a chance.

Meanwhile you play on the league 12 years as a brilliant point, you retire and want to coach, but nobody has you in their network and the same bullshit you think now from the fringes of society was mainstream at the time. So instead of a shot you didn’t earn coaching a team you go to an HBCU to never be heard from again.

it happened hundreds of times and that is how you get to having 2000 white coaches in world basketball and 200 black ones when the black guys are the ones playing the most on the highest level.

Just the way it is. White people hire white associates and Black people hire black associates, which is why in 20 years you will have even more black coaches.

It’s how the world works. And the world worked exclusively for white people for a long long long time in this country. And plenty of coaches to this day are direct beneficiaries of it.

iamgine
12-27-2022, 12:33 PM
I mean if you don't get the best coach you can always get the 2nd or 3rd best coach. You don't have to go from Kerr to Mark Jackson.

Having a Marcus Smart for free is pretty nice. Not only you are set in the PG position, you now have $18M to splurge on other players. Would be great for franchises with thrifty owners.

Yeezy
12-27-2022, 12:44 PM
The reason there’s so many white coaches is because for 70 years, they were no Black people allowed to coach, so they were no coaching trees and coaches son’s created. They hired literal baseball umpires who had never played or coached basketball to coach in the NBA over Hall of Fame point guards who wanted an opportunity but were forced to go coach at Black only universities in the south that have no funding.

you go down the coaching tree from those old days you see fathers and sons and old friends, sons and nephews and business associates being brought into the coaching world by pure nepotism, and the good old boys network, which outright discrimination prevented Black people from having.

if you hire me to coach a team, and I have to get together a staff, it would be largely Black people because that is who I know. So I don’t think it’s outright racism when someone gives a borderline adolescent coach K a shot or any of the dozens of others who created coaching trees extending to today. It’s as much proximity as prejudice but the end result is the same.

Entire families of white coaches and coaches kids and friends spreading while blacks people weren’t given the chance. White people love to point out how to open discrimination was a long time ago, while refusing to a knowledge in the long term affects of it.

You don’t have to be some devious old white guy holding Black people down. You just have to hire your buddy who hires his buddy whose son works with the dad and has two kids who follow him. Just like that…coaching network of white people in a world that is all too happy to give them a chance.

Meanwhile you play on the league 12 years as a brilliant point, you retire and want to coach, but nobody has you in their network and the same bullshit you think now from the fringes of society was mainstream at the time. So instead of a shot you didn’t earn coaching a team you go to an HBCU to never be heard from again.

it happened hundreds of times and that is how you get to having 2000 white coaches in world basketball and 200 black ones when the black guys are the ones playing the most on the highest level.

Just the way it is. White people hire white associates and Black people hire black associates, which is why in 20 years you will have even more black coaches.

It’s how the world works. And the world worked exclusively for white people for a long long long time in this country. And plenty of coaches to this day are direct beneficiaries of it.

initially all of this is true. it was sustained because just like how its a fact that black people are better athletes. white people are better coaches. ( or at least they were but not anymore due to blacks boycotting/sabotaging them )

its just a fact that a white guy knows more about x's and o's because thats how we even the playing field. the most clear example of this is in football with quarterbacks. the black QB's do a ton of running with freestyling and deep passes while white QB's are more about running smart safe plays and switching up stuff on the fly. reading the defense. knowing when and where to do something and holding back on risky plays. its literally why guys like kyler murray have special things written into their contract saying they have to do so many hours of homework learning playbooks every day. white guys are more nerdy too on average and do things like fantasy leagues.

now coaching has become more of a vocal leadership role and theres less actual offensive systems and more just three ball chucking and 1 on 1 so a guy like phil jackson/ greg popovich/tom thibodeau/stan van gundy isn't really needed anymore.

now better coaching options are guys like udonis haslem. hes probly gonna be a future coach of the year. hes a great intimidator and respected by others

Yeezy
12-27-2022, 12:50 PM
who would you trust more to learn a playbook front to back

this guy

https://www.raptorsrepublic.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/nick-nurse.jpg

or this guy

https://library.sportingnews.com/styles/crop_style_16_9_mobile_2x/s3/2022-01/patrick-ewing-01122022-getty-ftr_ojrkma61075o12sqi5p3r7zkb.png?itok=3Evc5xI2

i mean at a certain point we need to stop sugar coating shit with politically correct revisionist history and saying its all just the white man holding people down

Xiao Yao You
12-27-2022, 01:00 PM

this guy

or this guy

https://library.sportingnews.com/styles/crop_style_16_9_mobile_2x/s3/2022-01/patrick-ewing-01122022-getty-ftr_ojrkma61075o12sqi5p3r7zkb.png?itok=3Evc5xI2

i mean at a certain point we need to stop sugar coating shit with politically correct revisionist history and saying its all just the white man holding people down

point guards get jobs more than bigs black or white for obvious reasons. That won't be changing

Kblaze8855
12-27-2022, 02:01 PM
initially all of this is true. it was sustained because just like how its a fact that black people are better athletes. white people are better coaches. ( or at least they were but not anymore due to blacks boycotting/sabotaging them )

its just a fact that a white guy knows more about x's and o's because thats how we even the playing field. the most clear example of this is in football with quarterbacks. the black QB's do a ton of running with freestyling and deep passes while white QB's are more about running smart safe plays and switching up stuff on the fly. reading the defense. knowing when and where to do something and holding back on risky plays. its literally why guys like kyler murray have special things written into their contract saying they have to do so many hours of homework learning playbooks every day. white guys are more nerdy too on average and do things like fantasy leagues.

now coaching has become more of a vocal leadership role and theres less actual offensive systems and more just three ball chucking and 1 on 1 so a guy like phil jackson/ greg popovich/tom thibodeau/stan van gundy isn't really needed anymore.

now better coaching options are guys like udonis haslem. hes probly gonna be a future coach of the year. hes a great intimidator and respected by others

Nothing was sustained rationally. Discrimination just beat out results. Four of the first six black coaches lead teams to championships and one of the other two was a coach of the year. And that one was the top assistant to the one who didn’t work out. And 2 of the initial ones played each others teams in the finals within 3 years of getting the jobs. Black coaches were initially the most successful group.

Much like your quarterback claim racists often cling to. Look down in the corner here:

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2212272322270337.jpeg

See the black guy?

He was a running back, quarterback, AND head coach in the nfl. The first of all 3. He led his team to the very first nfl championship before…guess what?

He and the other 9 black players were banned. So he had to go be qb and coach for black only semi pro teams the equal of the Harlem globetrotters.

The first black coaches in both football and basketball reached the pinnacle of success or got close only to be held back and have more blacks denied the chance.

Just the facts.

Results would suggest they needed more opportunities but results didn’t matter. They would still try to make god tier passers like Warren Moon into tight ends and make black aspiring coaches go start semi pro teams and never get taken serious.

Thats the difference between casual up the street racism and the systemic form your type like to pretend never held anyone back.

Yeezy
12-27-2022, 04:57 PM
Nothing was sustained rationally. Discrimination just beat out results. Four of the first six black coaches lead teams to championships and one of the other two was a coach of the year. And that one was the top assistant to the one who didn’t work out. And 2 of the initial ones played each others teams in the finals within 3 years of getting the jobs. Black coaches were initially the most successful group.

Much like your quarterback claim racists often cling to. Look down in the corner here:

https://www.hostpic.org/images/2212272322270337.jpeg

See the black guy?

He was a running back, quarterback, AND head coach in the nfl. The first of all 3. He led his team to the very first nfl championship before…guess what?

He and the other 9 black players were banned. So he had to go be qb and coach for black only semi pro teams the equal of the Harlem globetrotters.

The first black coaches in both football and basketball reached the pinnacle of success or got close only to be held back and have more blacks denied the chance.

Just the facts.

Results would suggest they needed more opportunities but results didn’t matter. They would still try to make god tier passers like Warren Moon into tight ends and make black aspiring coaches go start semi pro teams and never get taken serious.

Thats the difference between casual up the street racism and the systemic form your type like to pretend never held anyone back.

2 words

Russell Wilson

hes just the latest of a long list of black quarterbacks to completely fall off the face of the earth the minute their speed dips. football is the greatest example of why white guys transition better to coaching. because they don't need physical advantages.. a coach has none. they need that edge that a white guy has. the safe play. the easy play. the quick play. the complex play. not everything is gonna come down to a scramble or a rush or a bully move. black coaches never had to think about that stuff growing up. they just dunked or blew by guys. this isn't some patriarchy or systemic racism or segregation thing. this is just how it is

Kblaze8855
12-27-2022, 05:04 PM
Yea 70 years not being allowed and 90 years of barely being allowed and the resulting lack of coaching networks has nothing at all to do with it. No racism from before this moment has any impact on the world we have today.

Yeezy
12-27-2022, 05:10 PM
Yea 70 years not being allowed and 90 years of barely being allowed and the resulting lack of coaching networks has nothing at all to do with it. No racism from before this moment has any impact on the world we have today.

is it racist that most of the nba is black

sometimes certain groups of people are just better

Yeezy
12-27-2022, 05:16 PM
would Usain bolt be the best coach for a sprinting team just because he's the fastest guy ever. or would a guy that's researched the mechanics of running and nutrition and training programs and rehab be a better choice. and that guys most likely gonna be some white dude or an Asian lol

Kblaze8855
12-27-2022, 06:10 PM

It was racist when it was almost all white because it was achieved through discrimination….. just as not allowing black coaches for 76 years of pro ball and 80 in college. The current makeup of the league is the result of ending discrimination. The coaching ranks will take some time to catch up but it likely will.

Yeezy
12-27-2022, 08:45 PM
It was racist when it was almost all white because it was achieved through discrimination….. just as not allowing black coaches for 76 years of pro ball and 80 in college. The current makeup of the league is the result of ending discrimination. The coaching ranks will take some time to catch up but it likely will.

so are black people automatically equally great at everything just because everything was once segregated.

should half of the NHL have black coaches. I don't get it

and if it was truly a fair representation then wouldn't only 12% of coaches be black. why is equality 50/50 or in most cases predominantly black or female. why is it just reverse racism lol. in 10 years no coaches will be white

Kblaze8855
12-27-2022, 09:57 PM
You’re a special kind of troll who walks the thin line and can ask questions so stupid they make you assume someone has to be kidding, but is backed by so many years of similar statements you almost want to believe it’s a real personality. Like I’m not sure you aren’t crazy enough to think those points are valid….but…I can’t dismiss the possibility. It’s good trolling or bad humaning.

red1
12-27-2022, 10:01 PM
coaching is important but talent is everything.

red1
12-27-2022, 10:03 PM

thats a delusional argument with the context in mind.

black people are better than most ethnicities at many sports and we know that now because the evidence supports it.

there is zero evidence that supports that white nba coaches are better at coaching. :oldlol:

red1
12-27-2022, 10:04 PM
very low IQ argument.

Yeezy
12-27-2022, 10:07 PM
You’re a special kind of troll who walks the thin line and can ask questions so stupid they make you assume someone has to be kidding, but is backed by so many years of similar statements you almost want to believe it’s a real personality. Like I’m not sure you aren’t crazy enough to think those points are valid….but…I can’t dismiss the possibility. It’s good trolling or bad humaning.

https://youtu.be/mscjvqtBWIQ

red1
12-27-2022, 10:08 PM

this guy

or this guy

nick nurse is a great coach but there are countless shitty white coaches as well.

I'm only taking this angle because you're being irrational kenny - there havent BEEN very many NBA coaches. there are a lot of nba scrubs that would have been great coaches but we'd never know.

your argument about X's and O's is beyond retarded. VERY VERY VERY low IQ argument.

Yeezy
12-27-2022, 10:17 PM
nick nurse is a great coach but there are countless shitty white coaches as well.

I'm only taking this angle because you're being irrational kenny - there havent BEEN very many NBA coaches. there are a lot of nba scrubs that would have been great coaches but we'd never know.

your argument about X's and O's is beyond retarded. VERY VERY VERY low IQ argument.

nobody becomes an nba coach without knowing a lot about basketball. 99% of the time if they fail its because of the players not buying into the system. great coaches are separated from the average ones through in game adjustments. those minor details can make or break a guy. 20 years ago my money would be on a guy like Phil or pop.. today its any loud black guy that treats his players as equals

red1
12-27-2022, 10:19 PM

kenny is a canadian he's not a bad guy we have decency and basic human respect as part of our social fabric. I just think he's pushing back against the liberal insanity of today's world.

you cant deny common sense kenny. facts are facts. the NBA did not ALLOW black coaches so making the argument that black coaches are lower IQ is just delusional. there is no sample size to even infer any conclusions here.

we already know historically that every single IQ accusation against blacks - that was accepted as societal common knowledge in the states for a time - has been proven categorically false.

red1
12-27-2022, 10:20 PM
nobody becomes an nba coach without knowing a lot about basketball. 99% of the time if they fail its because of the players not buying into the system. great coaches are separated from the average ones through in game adjustments. those minor details can make or break a guy. 20 years ago my money would be on a guy like Phil or pop.. today its any loud black guy that treats his players as equals

it's talent bro.

the best players in the NBA usually win. despite poor coaching.

Yeezy
12-27-2022, 10:25 PM
it's talent bro.

the best players in the NBA usually win. despite poor coaching.

talent wins but coaching keeps that talent from going into business for themselves and instead makes them buy into a team concept. and in playoff series players don't see the adjustments or what ones need to be made as well as someone who's watching on the sidelines. like when shaq was getting hacked and collapsed on all the time. Phil had to say "forget about shaq" and find other ways to climb back in it vs Portland in game 7.. if it was up to shaq he would've just kept demanding the ball every time up the floor

Riley benched shaq for Alonzo when the mavs tried it in the 2006 finals. those are risky decisions only a coach with respect can make

red1
12-27-2022, 10:33 PM
talent wins but coaching keeps that talent from going into business for themselves and instead makes them buy into a team concept. and in playoff series players don't see the adjustments or what ones need to be made as well as someone who's watching on the sidelines. like when shaq was getting hacked and collapsed on all the time. Phil had to say "forget about shaq" and find other ways to climb back in it vs Portland in game 7.. if it was up to shaq he would've just kept demanding the ball every time up the floor

Riley benched shaq for Alonzo when the mavs tried it in the 2006 finals. those are risky decisions only a coach with respect can make

I think if you have a great coach it can give your team an edge the same way that great chemistry, and guys that actually enjoy being a team, will outplay a bunch of self-interested mercenaries

the NBA is one of the few sports in the world outside of combat sports where talent is nearly ALWAYS the deciding factor of the outcome. if you go back through NBA history, ie all of the teams that won series and won championships, 95% of the time it's the more talented team. unlike football and hockey or soccer where team chemistry plays a MUCH larger role than talent.

IMO the more talented french team just lost to the argentines on penalty kicks - mbappe was the best player in the series and ACED the game but they still lost

basketball is a 5-on-5 sport where the stars absolutely dominate the ball and dominate possessions.

thats the kind of sport that I like.

Yeezy
12-27-2022, 10:45 PM
I think if you have a great coach it can give your team an edge the same way that great chemistry, and guys that actually enjoy being a team, will outplay a bunch of self-interested mercenaries

the NBA is one of the few sports in the world outside of combat sports where talent is nearly ALWAYS the deciding factor of the outcome. if you go back through NBA history, ie all of the teams that won series and won championships, 95% of the time it's the more talented team. unlike football and hockey or soccer where team chemistry plays a MUCH larger role than talent.

IMO the more talented french team just lost to the argentines on penalty kicks - mbappe was the best player in the series and ACED the game but they still lost

basketball is a 5-on-5 sport where the stars absolutely dominate the ball and dominate possessions.

thats the kind of sport that I like.

it's all about culture and leadership. if you have the right guy leading the locker room then you don't need a great coach. just a yes man like Steve Kerr.

but if you're a team of misfits with a cancerous me first guy like Allen Iverson then you need a good coach like Larry brown to restrain him.

with a Rodman or 2 alphas you need a Phil Jackson to manage their egos.

the 60s Celtics were a machine so they didn't need a coach. Russell took over for their last 2 titles.

same with Boston today. plus a floor general helps.

a team like the carmelo/Kenyon Martin/Jr Smith nuggets wouldn't stand a chance without a coach like George Karl managing their personalities.

it's different for every situation. and the 2 teams that make the finals are both stacked usually with good coaching. one guys adjustments can make or break the series like with the Bucks sun's finals. Monty Williams made zero adjustments and let giannis go 1 on 1 all series instead of building a wall

iamgine
12-28-2022, 04:23 AM
If the NBA is not racist, there will be about 3-4 black coaches. Because that's the percentage of black people in the US.

Instead now we have 5+, so there's real indication that the NBA is indeed quite racist.

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 08:27 AM
If the NBA is not racist, there will be about 3-4 black coaches. Because that's the percentage of black people in the US.

Instead now we have 5+, so there's real indication that the NBA is indeed quite racist.

Having seen your history I hate to say it but you might actually be this stupid and not be a troll which is…awful.

Yeezy
12-28-2022, 10:03 AM
Having seen your history I hate to say it but you might actually be this stupid and not be a troll which is…awful.

there is no athletic advantage for a coach. for you to advocate for more than 12% of coaches being black would mean you either think black people are smarter than white people or you agree with me that black players won't listen to white coaches anymore because they've all gone BLM kyrie black israelite black excellence ultra racist mode

"jerry west shouldn't be the logo because hes white and doesn't represent the current state of the nba. its about black excellence" - kyrie

"we don't even need a coach. why listen to steve nash"

( nash gets fired )

nets suddenly listen to new head coach and start rolling

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2022/12/kyrie-vaughn.jpg

:lol

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 10:22 AM
29 of current NBA head coaches were at least college basketball players and 14-15 of them were nba players. Considering Black people are the majority on the levels of basketball from which most coaches emerge….why would the percentage mirror the American population which is….

Know what?

I have to learn to stop saying what doesn’t need to be explained because people pretend to be stupid.

You might actually be stupid but you aren’t that stupid. Might as well call it discrimination against Americans because half the MLS coaches are foreign born in a country that is majority American.

Yeezy
12-28-2022, 10:32 AM
29 of current NBA head coaches were at least college basketball players and 14-15 of them were nba players. Considering Black people are the majority on the levels of basketball from which most coaches emerge….why would the percentage mirror the American population which is….

Know what?

I have to learn to stop saying what doesn’t need to be explained because people pretend to be stupid.

You might actually be stupid but you aren’t that stupid. Might as well call it discrimination against Americans because half the MLS coaches are foreign born in a country that is majority American.

60% of college graduates are white. 1% of them are black

are you saying only 1% of black people should rightfully get jobs offered to them

since qualifying for work as an nba coach is being a former player now. thats sorta like coaching college

why is there only affirmative action for black people. why not for industries where white people are either being unfairly represented or discriminated against

and for you to say most coaches should be black just because most players are black is basically saying athletic advantages decide coaching jobs. because thats the only reason theres more blacks in the nba. doesn't make a ton of sense

personally i think coaches are far better when coaching is what they focussed on for most of their lives. like growing through college systems/becoming an assistent nba coach for a long time. thats usually better than just some retired player with zero experience. but that seems to be all current players will listen to because they're spoiled babies or racist thugs

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 11:11 AM
54% of college basketball players are black
73% of nba players

97% of coaches(usually 100) come from one of those groups of players.

Knowing that….we still get this:

Society in 2022 everyone. I’ll leave you to it.

Yeezy
12-28-2022, 11:25 AM
54% of college basketball players are black
73% of nba players

97% of coaches(usually 100) come from one of those groups of players.

Knowing that….we still get this:

Society in 2022 everyone. I’ll leave you to it.

you didn't answer my question. based on your logic wouldn't you agree that white college graduates should be 60 times more likely to get a job offer since 60% of graduates are white and 1% are black

your NBA coaching logic would mean white people are more qualified in every day life

what happens to affirmative action. should it only be in every sector except the nba? how is that fair

Jasper
12-28-2022, 09:24 PM
Once again Bucks are down in the very beginning of the game against Chicago.

Coach Bud is at fault.
His players are not manning up, and when an open shot presents its self , they dribble into a crowd.
This is why they are losing.
Last two games they had of all people Engles dribbling the ball up the court.
SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN when you have True and Carter - true pg's as well as Giannis.
THIS IS BUD"S fault.

Coach Bud is very important to this team , and right now they are going to lose to the Bulls and only 4 minutes have been played !!!!!

iamgine
12-28-2022, 09:29 PM
Facts don't care about your feelings.

Black people still blame everything on racism.

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 10:09 PM
Facts don't care about your feelings.

Black people still blame everything on racism.

97% of coaches are college or nba players. 54 and 73% of those players are black. Expecting the people pulled from that group to mirror the percentage of blacks in America at large or be racism is you…not having common sense. Which is often the case with the type to make claims like you just did.

Jasper
12-29-2022, 12:03 AM
well I guess I was right - anyone can beat the Bucks.
Coach Bud needs to run Giannis, Lopez and Portis as starters...

Allen can ride the bench , way to inconsistent