PDA

View Full Version : A film company producing films like this is worth 750 million dollars….

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 01:57 PM
https://youtu.be/eOajigW8hmA

Don’t ask me how.

Yeezy
12-28-2022, 02:20 PM
OP is a self hating black man

these types of movies are huge hits among his community

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzL1YNHwuxo

dirkdiggler41
12-28-2022, 02:36 PM

I'm from Europe. How come these kinds of movies and shows are so popular within the black community? Considering they are sh!t compared to other black entertainment like Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, etc.

Real Men Wear Green
12-28-2022, 02:51 PM
James went to LA to launch a second career making film. Between this and space jam he's shown that he's not above producing something stupid for money. Tyler Perry is a rich man after all.

Real Men Wear Green
12-28-2022, 02:54 PM
I'm from Europe. How come these kinds of movies and shows are so popular within the black community? Considering they are sh!t compared to other black entertainment like Dave Chappelle, Chris Rock, etc.

Love of crap isn't racial. Ever heard of Full House?

AlternativeAcc.
12-28-2022, 03:48 PM

:facepalm

Worst analogy of all time.

Yeezy
12-28-2022, 03:52 PM

full house was for kids lol.. and the 90s was a corny ass decade. everything from that era is cringe to people today

madea movies and other crap like that are certified hood classics among all ages of the black community and nothings changed about that genre

Real Men Wear Green
12-28-2022, 04:01 PM
full house was for kids lol.. and the 90s was a corny ass decade. everything from that era is cringe to people today

madea movies and other crap like that are certified hood classics among all ages of the black community and nothings changed about that genre

And Netflix didn't bring Fuller House back to huge popularity?

Yeezy
12-28-2022, 04:02 PM
And Netflix didn't bring Fuller House back to huge popularity?

among women and children? they like dumb shit lol. these hood movies are for dudes in their prime that should know better

Real Men Wear Green
12-28-2022, 04:07 PM
https://www.indiewire.com/2016/06/fuller-house-ratings-netflix-making-a-murder-1201685846/

Yeezy
12-28-2022, 04:16 PM
https://www.indiewire.com/2016/06/fuller-house-ratings-netflix-making-a-murder-1201685846/

no straight grown men are watching that shit. families/women/children make up a huge chunk of the average netflix viewers. probly tons of lgbtq people watching that crap too lol

the target audience isn't 16 to 35 year old straight men like it is for OPs movie that's for sure

Real Men Wear Green
12-28-2022, 04:19 PM
According to Symphony, “Fuller House” episodes averaged 14.4 million viewers among adults 18-49 within its first 35 days of its Netflix premiere date (Feb. 26).ĺ
from the article.

AlternativeAcc.
12-28-2022, 04:20 PM
from the article.

People who grew up watching full house decided to tune into the sequel

Shocker

Even I watched the first episode out of curiosity.

You compared the original full house to Tyler perry garbage which is blasphemy

Real Men Wear Green
12-28-2022, 04:26 PM
People who grew up watching full house decided to tune into the sequel

Shocker

Even I watched the first episode out of curiosity.

You compared the original full house to Tyler perry garbage which is blasphemy

Fuller House is about as stupid as sitcoms get. I would be sorry to ruin your childhood but you're an asshole so, not really.

1987_Lakers
12-28-2022, 04:28 PM
Best "black" movie I have ever seen was probably Friday, great movie. Funny enough, I saw this vid the other day, it's amazing how the sequel was such ass compared to the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CotXmy5VUrw

AlternativeAcc.
12-28-2022, 04:29 PM
Fuller House is about as stupid as sitcoms get. I would be sorry to ruin your childhood but you're an asshole so, not really.

Fuller house was garbage but you were talking about the original full house.

Both were marketed towards kids. Full house was good enough to be watched and enjoyed my adults

Tyler perry and this movie is marketed towards adults. Do you understand the difference?

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 04:32 PM
Full house was awful. Madea is awful. Awful sells. Honey Boo Boo beat the Republican national convention when they aired at the same time.

1987_Lakers
12-28-2022, 04:33 PM
Best "black" movie I have ever seen was probably Friday, great movie. Funny enough, I saw this vid the other day, it's amazing how the sequel was such ass compared to the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CotXmy5VUrw

I stand corrected, now that I think of it, Boys N the Hood, Get Out, Do The Right Thing were probably better. But Friday was the GOAT comedy.

Yeezy
12-28-2022, 04:33 PM
from the article.

pedophiles. all of them. they're part of that LGBTQ liberal kliq. same mental illness

they probly wanna f*ck those broads and their kids.

if there was some sick fetish about those black movies I could understand the attraction

Yeezy
12-28-2022, 04:34 PM
Full house was awful. Madea is awful. Awful sells. Honey Boo Boo beat the Republican national convention when they aired at the same time.

honey booboo is more of a freak show. people like watching fat disgusting people out of curiosity

I watch hoarder shows and pimple popper stuff. it's fascinating

SouBeachTalents
12-28-2022, 04:41 PM
I stand corrected, now that I think of it, Boys N the Hood, Get Out, Do The Right Thing were probably better. But Friday was the GOAT comedy.
The original House Party was a really good black comedy too. And while I admit it's mad dumb, Don't Be A Menace has some hilarious scenes.

AlternativeAcc.
12-28-2022, 04:45 PM
Welcome home Roscoe Jenkins is slept on. It's what Tyler Perry tries to do but fails

Yeezy
12-28-2022, 04:52 PM

Friday is not a better comedy than dumb and dumber

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 04:57 PM

Life(Eddie Murphy and Martin) was a much better comedy than Friday. Friday is a hood classic and more known but a much worse movie.

1987_Lakers
12-28-2022, 05:01 PM
Friday is not a better comedy than dumb and dumber

I'm talking about "black movie" comedy.

SouBeachTalents
12-28-2022, 05:05 PM
Life(Eddie Murphy and Martin) was a much better comedy than Friday. Friday is a hood classic and more known but a much worse movie.
I'm really surprised by this take. Life was a pretty good movie, but I think Friday was definitely better, albeit involving much less serious themes. Even critically, while obviously not the end all be all, Friday was much better received than Life was. And "much" better bro, you're obv entitled to your opinion, but that seems like hyperbole to me :lol

1987_Lakers
12-28-2022, 05:07 PM

No way. Friday was better to me. I relate to it so much because I grew up in a similar neighborhood and characters that you see in the movie.

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 05:08 PM
I'm really surprised by this take. Life was a pretty good movie, but I think Friday was definitely better, albeit involving much less serious themes. Even critically, while obviously not the end all be all, Friday was much better received than Life was. And "much" better bro, you're obv entitled to your opinion, but that seems like hyperbole to me :lol

https://youtu.be/qFOnncGPpnQ

Can’t really compare anything in Friday to scenes like that with world-class comedians with that timing freelancing like that.

1987_Lakers
12-28-2022, 05:13 PM
https://youtu.be/qFOnncGPpnQ

Can’t really compare anything in Friday to scenes like that with world-class comedians with that timing freelancing like that.

:sleeping

Now lets look for a real fight scene with some comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q36uaSlf0ck

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 05:37 PM
I not saying Friday isn’t funny, because it kind of captured a moment with a bunch of people who absolutely can’t act doing some weird shit that appealed to people of the right age and got a cult following. We all saw it a million times on usa or played on thanksgiving or something it just isn’t as well made a movie and the people in it Chris Tucker aside aren’t generally funny.

Life is Eddie Murphy, Martin, Bernie Mac and so on. Just better people who are better at being funny.

1987_Lakers
12-28-2022, 05:44 PM
I not saying Friday isn’t funny, because it kind of captured a moment with a bunch of people who absolutely can’t act doing some weird shit that appealed to people of the right age and got a cult following. We all saw it a million times on usa or played on thanksgiving or something it just isn’t as well made a movie and the people in it Chris Tucker aside aren’t generally funny.

Life is Eddie Murphy, Martin, Bernie Mac and so on. Just better people who are better at being funny.

I see what you are saying. Yes, the acting in Friday was weaker and it was a low budget film, but despite all that, it made me laugh way more than Life. A movie with better actors & a bigger budget doesn't necessarily make it a better film.

Friday also had Bernie Mac btw.

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 05:50 PM
I see what you are saying. Yes, the acting in Friday was weaker and it was a low budget film, but despite all that, it made me laugh way more than Life. A movie with better actors & a bigger budget doesn't necessarily make it a better film.

Friday also had Bernie Mac btw.

It did. It also has John Witherspoon Who depending on the role can be either hilarious or cringe. Like I said everybody enjoys Friday and I’ve seen it 100 times but it’s more like the high end Flea market, bootleg kind of movie, but life feels like a real movie.

That said the next two fridays were more “real” but worse. Friday caught lightning in a bottle and had some feel good elements it just isn’t Life.

It’s hard to make up for top of his game Eddie Murphy with a cameo or two. Pretty much everyone in life is hilarious.

bladefd
12-28-2022, 08:24 PM

Don’t ask me how.

Money laundering illegal drug business by funneling money through legit companies like these?? That's one idea :P

Yeezy
12-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Friday is funny cause that old guy, deebo and Chris tucker are funny people.

the movie itself is trash and ice cube is corny

Yeezy
12-28-2022, 08:38 PM
nobody else could make this scene funny

https://youtu.be/IIyC1ElEWsU

it's the actor. it's just the way he talks and his mannerisms. characters can make or break a movie. if you replaced him with any other black actor this scene is just weird.. possibly Bernie Mac could pull it off

Stephonit
12-28-2022, 11:01 PM
Is there a reason Full House is being brought up as a comparison when there are shows like Two and a Half Men and Married with Children to compare to? As for dumb comedy movies there is the whole Jim Carey oeuvre although Dumb and Dumber and Ace Ventura are ones especially aiming for the lowest common denominator and stuff like Hot Shots and Jackass: The Movie.

Real Men Wear Green
12-28-2022, 11:29 PM
Is there a reason Full House is being brought up as a comparison when there are shows like Two and a Half Men and Married with Children to compare to? As for dumb comedy movies there is the whole Jim Carey oeuvre although Dumb and Dumber and Ace Ventura are ones especially aiming for the lowest common denominator and stuff like Hot Shots and Jackass: The Movie.

I won't defend the other stuff but Married with Children was awesome and if you actually liked Full House I will be nice and just say that we don't share the same tastes.

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 11:33 PM
I was suppressing my instinct to complain about the married with children slander.

FultzNationRISE
12-28-2022, 11:48 PM
That legitimately looks like a solid, somewhat funny movie by today’s standards. Probably even moreso to the actual target audience, which I am older than.

Obviously it’s not some masterpiece, but how many comedies are?

I dont see what qualitatively differentiates this from typical comedies like Friday or Dude Wheres My Car.

As Barkley would say, “Yall some HATERS!”

:confusedshrug:

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 11:59 PM
you're so white lol

but yes married with children is one of the better dumb sitcoms

I was watching married with children with a house full of black people when it was new. I wouldn’t know what white people were watching then but black people watched married with children. Do you know black people in real life?

1987_Lakers
12-29-2022, 12:02 AM
saying "by today's standards" isn't saying much

https://i.ibb.co/DgVSjfj/Screenshot-20221228-225557-Google.jpg

Don't Look Up was a very good film IMO.

Kblaze8855
12-29-2022, 12:08 AM
I realize you weren’t in America to know, but at the time those are the shows that people watched. Not Black people or white people. Aside from maybe Martin and in the house. Martin feels like a black community show though I have no evidence of it.

1987_Lakers
12-29-2022, 12:11 AM
Like a decade ago, I had an older co worker who was obsessed with Married With Children, I remember watching re-runs of that show when I was a kid/teen and enjoyed it, but I found it odd how someone could be obsessed with that show like that one co-worker was. He would always quote lines from the show and everything.

Unrelated note, he eventually got fired because he stole a company phone and sold it online or something. The boss somehow tracked the sale transaction online. The boss told us this before he informed the co-worker that he caught him. I remember the co-worker clocking in on his last day, boss said he needed to talk to him and he knew right away he got caught, he just walked off and ignored him while the boss was following him trying to talk. :lol

1987_Lakers
12-29-2022, 12:20 AM
liberal garbage

Not it wasn't. I mean, it wasn't great, but pretty enjoyable.

PP34Deuce
12-29-2022, 12:24 AM
People are dating themselves in this thread. If you are generation x to geriatric millenial..u remember house parties In urban cities.

Problem with rebooting it is its nit the same anymore

1987_Lakers
12-29-2022, 12:25 AM
it's before your time. you had to be a part of the rebellious culture back when heavy metal was a thing and then grunge. only my generation understands married with children/beavis and butthead and other anti establishment things.

your generation grew up in the zero tolerance era after columbine and 9/11 when everyone was sensitive

I'm aware Married with Children pushed boundaries like no other sitcom did before, which is why I enjoyed. Just never met someone who "stanned it" like the way you see people obsess over Seinfeld or The Simpsons.

I grew up in a generation where South Park came along, pretty hard to think of a show more rebellious than that.

Shit, you had The Sopranos as well, which changed the way people made TV shows.

Kblaze8855
12-29-2022, 12:27 AM
the only black shows white people watched were fresh prince and family matters during the 90s. Cosby in the 80s

it's cause they were all white washed characters

you have shows that barely existed at all like smart guy. And in the house? You could at least have gone with Moesha. It had its own little universe. Maybe living single.

Black people don’t just watch black people on tv. Black people watch tv. My family watched Andy Griffith and Lucy. And Sanford and son was on when I was around black or white people.

Id say a show like friends had no black audience I’m aware of. That’s probably the whitest of the major shows from that era. Martin might be the blackest.

Most of the rest were just shit on tv.

Everyone watched the simpsons, family matters, and later TGIF.

Whole families would watch boy meets world. Nobody cared what color they were.

FultzNationRISE
12-29-2022, 12:28 AM
saying "by today's standards" isn't saying much

I understand that, but considering how bad today’s standards are this movie looks like at least something of a throwback to fun adolescent comedies like American Pie. Not sayin this movie is hysterical, but I dont think it looks remarkably bad. It’s just a movie young people will watch and talk about for a few days and move on. Thats all it’s trying to be I would guess.

Also what is specifically “black” about this movie other than the actors’ skin color?? You could replace the cast in that trailer with white frat boys and nothing would seem off, which wouldnt be true of something like Friday or Dont B a Menace.

1987_Lakers
12-29-2022, 12:30 AM
Adolf Hitler has disappeared. No posts to be found.

Yeezy
12-29-2022, 12:32 AM
you have shows that barely existed at all like smart guy. And in the house? You could at least have gone with Moesha. It had its own little universe. Maybe living single.

Black people don’t just watch black people on tv. Black people watch tv. My family watched Andy Griffith and Lucy. And Sanford and son was on when I was around black or white people.

Id say a show like friends had no black audience I’m aware of. That’s probably the whitest of the major shows from that era. Martin might be the blackest.

why did you ban Adolf

Kblaze8855
12-29-2022, 12:34 AM
I didn’t though I assumed it would happen eventually. That kind of everything is gone ban isn’t a mod thing. That’s the higher ups. You intended to be banned anyway.

Yeezy
12-29-2022, 12:38 AM
Adolf Hitler has disappeared. No posts to be found.

stevens upset. only he may have alts

:lol

Yeezy
12-29-2022, 12:40 AM
I didn’t though I assumed it would happen eventually. That kind of everything is gone ban isn’t a mod thing. That’s the higher ups. You intended to be banned anyway.

oh I know. he runs around with 500 alts for himself and doesn't let anyone else have any so he can manipulate every poll in his favor lol

it helps him sleep at night when kobe loses by a landslide to literally everyone

FultzNationRISE
12-29-2022, 12:41 AM

This.

I watched Hangin With Mr Cooper with my parents as a kid because it was on TGIF and we watched TGIF together. My parents are completely stereotypical suburban white people who are friendly and do their best to be “down” if theyre in a black cultural situation, but have absolutely no idea what any of it’s about.

We still watched Coop’ on Friday nights when I was like 11 years old because it was simply good sitcom television.

BarberSchool
12-29-2022, 10:54 AM
Whole families would watch boy meets world. Nobody cared what color they were.Thats because every father son and grandfather wanted to fkk Topanga. We all tolerated such a sh!tty show with two annoying dudes JUST CAUSE TOPANGA

Jasper
12-29-2022, 11:26 AM

every topic becomes a racist issue.... get the fvck out of here

Yeezy
12-29-2022, 11:30 AM
every topic becomes a racist issue.... get the fvck out of here

OP literally created this topic mocking these types of movies and hes black lol

FultzNationRISE
12-29-2022, 12:30 PM
OP literally created this topic mocking these types of movies and hes black lol

Again this is not a “black” movie, it’s basically an adolescent party flick whose cast happen to be black. From the trailer it looks more like American Pie than Friday or Madea.

Yeezy
12-29-2022, 12:35 PM
Again this is not a “black” movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFO7zNdFd00

https://media.tenor.com/xufqyp6WB6IAAAAd/punch-punk.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8ss4_z246s

Kblaze8855
12-29-2022, 12:39 PM
Again this is not a “black” movie, it’s basically an adolescent party flick whose cast happen to be black. From the trailer it looks more like American Pie than Friday or Madea.

He’s gonna find a way if you give him any room to make it black/white and then claim black people don’t stop talking about race.

Yeezy
12-29-2022, 01:09 PM
He’s gonna find a way if you give him any room to make it black/white and then claim black people don’t stop talking about race.

that movie isn't a white/black comedy. its a black comedy

here i'l show you the difference...

this is a white/black comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc3sPICXZLs

this is a black comedy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSXsek9q2-c