PDA

View Full Version : Zion is ridiculous.

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 11:41 PM
He has 13 straight totally unstoppable going to the basket. People just flying off him. Scoring or being doubled on every touch. Got left open and made a 3.

They may win or lose but he is wild….

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 11:41 PM
I assume they’re gonna double hard to make someone else beat them but he’s been finding the open man too.

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 11:43 PM
Got doubled and found the open shooter who missed the potential game winner…got it back and attacked the basket and fouled out Gobert.

Just made the go ahead free throw with 4 seconds left.

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 11:45 PM
If it goes the way it’s been Dlo will make a pull-up for the win on the other end.

RRR3
12-28-2022, 11:51 PM
I was about to make a thread. Career high 43 and the fact that he was going at one of the best paint protectors in the league (THE best in previous years) makes his numbers even more incredible given the context. He’s got that young LeBron/Giannis freight train unstoppability.

Full Court
12-28-2022, 11:53 PM
He seems like an all around great guy. I'm glad to see that he's living up to the hype.

Kblaze8855
12-28-2022, 11:57 PM
He’s kinda in that young Lebron unpolished stage where even when he’s the best athlete on the court he doesn’t really dunk on anyone in the half court. He’s not making crazy highlights he’s just walking to the rim and laying it up like nobody is in the way. When he learns how to really go over the top as well? He’s gonna be demoralizing to play against.

Kings2024Champs
12-29-2022, 12:00 AM
Didnt watch but just saw Zion going off when he who must not be named plays for the Wolves. Was he just manhandling him? :D

Kblaze8855
12-29-2022, 12:05 AM
I only watched the fourth quarter and Rudy was already in foul trouble and being attacked because of it. I can’t say how he got there.

BigShotBob
12-29-2022, 12:13 AM
Not bad he has a bit of finesse with his drives. Still not terribly impressed in a pace and space wide-open defensive 3 seconds era

Imagine what David Robinson could do if he could just ram into you over and over and not be stopped

Kings2024Champs
12-29-2022, 12:31 AM
I saw that steal at the end as a highlight. If he gets back to that defense that we all saw at Duke, wow. People also think he's just bulldozing people but its more than just being strong how he finishes. That second jump off the floor while being 280+ is insane and the body control is unreal. This is an alltime great athlete we are watching.

RRR3
12-29-2022, 01:01 AM
He postered Gobert too. Rudy is not playing as good as he usually does but still dunking on one of the best rim protectors of all time deserves some props

Here’s the play: https://streamable.com/2d050w

Kblaze8855
12-29-2022, 01:04 AM
I had not see that. Somehow they weren’t showing it in the “so far” recaps in the 4th. Nice to see him going over the top.

Axe
12-29-2022, 01:10 AM
The guy is pretty entertaining. His heft doesn't seem to impede whatever he's trying to do on-floor.

Didnt watch but just saw Zion going off when he who must not be named plays for the Wolves. Was he just manhandling him? :D
:roll:

RRR3
12-29-2022, 01:38 AM
I had not see that. Somehow they weren’t showing it in the “so far” recaps in the 4th. Nice to see him going over the top.
He hasn’t had that many posters so far so it was nice to see that.

90sgoat
12-29-2022, 06:13 AM
Yeah he is a fun and unique player.

Shaq as a small forward.

Still not sure what else he is going to contribute to a winning team. Should honestly be able to play DPOY defense with his atlethic ability. If he could do that, then he'd give Luka a worthy opponent.

PeroAntic
12-29-2022, 09:45 AM
I was skeptical about him but that was before he developed this ball handling ability where he just slices through defenses as the ball handler in pnr or even iso. He has great IQ to know where to move and how to use his strenth and speed. And then dont get me started on his layup package. Man has so much more finesse in his game than originally thought. Love his game.

tontoz
12-29-2022, 10:10 AM
I should bump that Anthony Bennett thread again.
:oldlol:

Love his game but there are a couple of areas I would like to see improve. He is very predictable going to the basket. He always goes straight up. He never keeps his pivot foot down and throws up a fake. Granted going straight up works most of the time due to his freakish size and athleticism. But good defenses can exploit his predictability.

Also his rebounding is really weak.

bladefd
12-29-2022, 03:07 PM
Zion reminds me of a young shaq from his magic days. Looks unstoppable when he is trying to score. Talking strictly about scoring because he is not as good of a rebounder or blocker or post-up big man as shaq.

Axe
12-29-2022, 05:09 PM
Zion reminds me of a young shaq from his magic days. Looks unstoppable when he is trying to score. Talking strictly about scoring because he is not as good of a rebounder or blocker or post-up big man as shaq.
This.