PDA

View Full Version : It was embarassing watching Giannis stiff-arm brick jump shots while Derozen hit his

BigShotBob
12-29-2022, 12:12 AM
down the stretch

Absolutely laughable when you take away the bulldozing. He had 5 fouls and he was scared of running over a player and being called for a charge so he threw up ugly bricks for jumpshots.

I had second-hand embarrassment watching it

Does Giannis have a bag at all?

Discuss

ShawkFactory
12-29-2022, 12:14 AM
His bag is that he’s dominant and relentless on both ends all game. Sometimes because of that people will bounce off of you, even if you do well to avoid it. With 5 fouls he can’t really afford to get called for an offensive down the stretch.

It’s a weakness. But not a bad weakness to have.

RRR3
12-29-2022, 12:17 AM
And yet he's 10x the player DeRozan is…

Kblaze8855
12-29-2022, 12:19 AM
A brief evaluation of what each has done in the playoffs doesn’t suggest that the size of the bag is a determining factor. If you can go get 50 to win the title it doesn’t matter at all if it’s with 3 moves or 26. The only value in a deeper bag is the hypothetical ability to react to wider set of circumstances but when you can get it done without needing to it’s superfluous.

There is literally nothing left for Giannis to do. All that is left to see is how many times he can do it, but nobody to ever play NBA basketball has taken a team to anything he didn’t. He’s in the mix with people you can’t “Deep bag” your way next to.

Most people with deeper bags don’t have anything to put in them. Give me a shallow bag full of glory over a deep bag of tears any day.

BarberSchool
12-29-2022, 11:06 AM
I was thinking a similar thing last night watching that game.

That it’s been long enough now that people keep saying “when Giannis finally adds a consistent jump shot” “when Giannis finally has a consistent fadeaway” “when Giannis finally has a reliable 3-ball”

Giannis ain’t ever gonna have any of those. You can’t gain elite hand eye coordination with training hard. Look at Jimmy Butler, one of the hardest working dudes in NBA history, and his 3pt % is like 24.

Giannis doesn’t need any more than he has. He can get another title or two just by exploiting his wingspan and stride length for the next 5 years of his athletic prime, and playing smart and not trying he to do what he probably never will be able to do at the level others can.

It’s like on the flip side of the coin, MF’s constantly say “when Embiid gets in shape” “when Jokic gets in shape” “when Luka gets in shape”. Those dudes will always be pudgy and slow unless they stop drinking and cheat with PED’s… and I don’t think they will. So they will just use what they have. Quick creative minds, heavy immovable bodies and legs, and soft touch from all ranges.

Diversity in the game, means each superstar wins how they win, their own way. Giannis is already the best two way player in the world, and even if he can’t ever add anything else, watch him get another ring or two. Probably another one this year.

Jasper
12-29-2022, 11:24 AM
Right now the Bucks are struggling BIG TIME>

Giannis is getting little to no help , and part of the issue is Coach Bud.
In the beginning of the season , he looked like a genius because he was constantly flipping roster starters.
The whole roster is out of sync , and their defense looks horrible as well then their offense suffers.

To many players on the team have open shots , pass it up and drive into a crowd and force a shot.
I can list an ever ending list of issues... but it all starts with Coach Bud.

FKAri
12-29-2022, 11:58 AM
I was thinking a similar thing last night watching that game.

That it’s been long enough now that people keep saying “when Giannis finally adds a consistent jump shot” “when Giannis finally has a consistent fadeaway” “when Giannis finally has a reliable 3-ball”

Giannis ain’t ever gonna have any of those. You can’t gain elite hand eye coordination with training hard. Look at Jimmy Butler, one of the hardest working dudes in NBA history, and his 3pt % is like 24.

Giannis doesn’t need any more than he has. He can get another title or two just by exploiting his wingspan and stride length for the next 5 years of his athletic prime, and playing smart and not trying he to do what he probably never will be able to do at the level others can.

It’s like on the flip side of the coin, MF’s constantly say “when Embiid gets in shape” “when Jokic gets in shape” “when Luka gets in shape”. Those dudes will always be pudgy and slow unless they stop drinking and cheat with PED’s… and I don’t think they will. So they will just use what they have. Quick creative minds, heavy immovable bodies and legs, and soft touch from all ranges.

Diversity in the game, means each superstar wins how they win, their own way. Giannis is already the best two way player in the world, and even if he can’t ever add anything else, watch him get another ring or two. Probably another one this year.

People have this idea that any athlete can just work on their game over a summer or few and turn into 96 MJ. And this thought process extends to other things like you mentioned, "if he just does X or adds Y". Some don't even try and others try as they might won't achieve that thing. By all accounts Giannis is a hard working guy but he can't be talented at every single aspect of the game. His progress since his rookie season skill wise has been staggering already. What more do they want?