PDA

View Full Version : Do you agree with Dirk that bron's the goat once he passes kareem?

Lebron23
12-29-2022, 08:44 AM
"I mean, tremendous that he can still play like this in year 20. The athleticism is incredible, so I'm happy for him. I always say Michael Jordan is the GOAT. If he [LeBron] really surpasses Kareem in the scoring record, I'm sort of running out of arguments for Michael. What this guy has done has been nothing short of incredible. The longevity, and I always say, you being called 'King' at 15, and how he turned out and what he's done for the communities where he's played and changed so many lives, so he's a very very special athlete and I think for now we'll appreciate watching him at the level that he's playing."

I agree with Dirk Nowitzki

davidkimchi
12-29-2022, 08:51 AM
definitely up there with MJ

He will be undisputed greatest of this generation for sure and it wouldn't even be close

lebronlover69
12-29-2022, 08:55 AM
LeBron James is already the GOAT.
If he passes Kareem, he would just make the gap between him and the other top 5 even greater.
He would be in a seperate league of his own

AlternativeAcc.
12-29-2022, 09:01 AM
Became GOAT in 2016. Most lebron haters will even admit that. Not sure there's still people who don't have him 1 by a huge margin. There's some guys that troll for fun on here, but they know. Dey know

I actually made an amazing thread on here titled 'Whats the argument for lebron NOT being the GOAT' that became one of the biggest in history, and at no surprise to me after 100s of pages, not a single serious argument was presented. Hence lebron goat by a landslide.

lebronlover69
12-29-2022, 09:09 AM
Became GOAT in 2016. Most lebron haters will even admit that. Not sure there's still people who don't have him 1 by a huge margin. There's some guys that troll for fun on here, but they know. Dey know

I actually made an amazing thread on here titled 'Whats the argument for lebron NOT being the GOAT' that became one of the biggest in history, and at no surprise to me after 100s of pages, not a single serious argument was presented. Hence lebron goat by a landslide.

Great post! I agree! LeBron is the GOAT. The only reason people discredit his GOAT status is due to jealousy and personal hatred and bias towards the man

Real Men Wear Green
12-29-2022, 09:12 AM
He the greatest old player of all time as well as the greatest 18 year-old but his prime was not as good as good as Jordan's. He never had a 37 or even 35ppg year. Still undoubtedly to 5 of all time but to me getting good numbers but still being a lesser player at an old age doesn't make up for not quite reaching that level at his peak. If you tacked 2 years of peak Mitch Richmond on to an all time great career would it really matter? I know that's not the same type of player, just saying that the James of today is only all time great when you consider his age.

Bankaii
12-29-2022, 10:40 AM
He the greatest old player of all time as well as the greatest 18 year-old but his prime was not as good as good as Jordan's. He never had a 37 or even 35ppg year. Still undoubtedly to 5 of all time but to me getting good numbers but still being a lesser player at an old age doesn't make up for not quite reaching that level at his peak. If you tacked 2 years of peak Mitch Richmond on to an all time great career would it really matter? I know that's not the same type of player, just saying that the James of today is only all time great when you consider his age.
MJ took nearly 28 FGA with 12 FTA per game when he averaged 37 ppg. Lebron put up 31 ppg on 23 FGA and 10 FTA per game.
To think Lebron couldn’t average 6 more ppg with 5 more shots and 2 more free throws per game is just statistically incorrect.

The second bolded is just horribly dumb and is crazy coming from a mod lmao.

Real Men Wear Green
12-29-2022, 10:46 AM
MJ took nearly 28 FGA with 12 FTA per game when he averaged 37 ppg. Lebron put up 31 ppg on 23 FGA and 10 FTA per game.
To think Lebron couldn’t average 6 more ppg with 5 more shots and 2 more free throws per game is just statistically incorrect.

The second bolded is just horribly dumb and is crazy coming from a mod lmao.

1: Stupid people constantly assume that a player would score more of they just shot more. That amount of sitting isn't James game or nature. To get it he would have to play differently.

2: **** you.

Yeezy
12-29-2022, 10:53 AM
was kareem the goat to anything above 1% of the planet for the past 30 years

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3pVQwrUUAA1YQu.jpg

if kareem wasn't the goat then how is passing him making lebron the goat. and nobody put kobe or malone ahead of MJ either

Yeezy
12-29-2022, 10:56 AM
Lebron fans when discussing Lebron vs Jordan

- lEbRoN HaS mOrE 1St TeAm AlL NbA's ( so did kobe )

- lEbRoN HaS mOrE tOtAl pOiNts ( so did kobe )

- lEbRoN HaS mOrE gReAt sEaSoNs ( so did kobe )

- lEbRoN HaS mOrE fInAlS ApPeArAnCes ( so did kobe )

- lEbRoN HaS mOrE LoNgEvItY ( so did kobe )

- lEbRoN Is bEtTeR ThrEe PoInT ShOotEr ( so was kobe )

- lEbRoN HaS mOrE oVeRalL SkiLls ( so did kobe )

- lEbRoN HaS mOrE rEsPonSiBiLiTiEs ( so did kobe )

- lEbRoN PlAyS iN mOrE sKilLeD Era ( so did kobe )

- lEbRoN bEaT FiNaLs SuPeR TeAm ( so did kobe )

https://i.ibb.co/7KgXDsC/Screen-Shot-2022-12-17-at-11-56-20-AM.png

kObE 13th-14tH aLl tImE

BarberSchool
12-29-2022, 10:59 AM
No.

Dirk is just complimenting LeBron this way for two reasons:

1. Dirk’s biggest achievements are his lone title (an impressive title run), and his fairly high placement on the all time scorer’s list.

By giving props to LeBron’s all time scoring ascent, he’s indirectly making others take more notice of his own shockingly high placement on the all time scoring list, and thus burnishing his own legacy.

2. His knees and hips hurt like a MF, and he cozying up to LeBron to get some of the same off the books illegal shit LeBron is taking lol

Yeezy
12-29-2022, 11:01 AM
No.

1. Dirk’s biggest achievements are his lone title (an incredibly title run), and his fairly high placement on the all time scorer’s list.

By giving props to LeBron’s all time scoring ascent, he’s indirectly making others take more notice of his own shockingly high place MRM on the all time scoring list, and this burnishing his own legacy.

2. His knees and hips hurt like a MF, and he cozying up to LeBron to get some of the same off the books illegal shit LeBron is taking lol

how much better would dirk look if he beat the "goat" in the finals for his only ring... its the same reason steph called lebron the goat for a while

they're inflating their own legacy with these statements

Dbrog
12-29-2022, 12:22 PM
was kareem the goat to anything above 1% of the planet for the past 30 years

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3pVQwrUUAA1YQu.jpg

if kareem wasn't the goat then how is passing him making lebron the goat. and nobody put kobe or malone ahead of MJ either

LMAO did you see the back part of this? 5. Magic, AI, and KD :lol

Shows how much of a joke ESPN is

warriorfan
12-29-2022, 02:05 PM
No.

1. Dirk’s biggest achievements are his lone title (an impressive title run), and his fairly high placement on the all time scorer’s list.

By giving props to LeBron’s all time scoring ascent, he’s indirectly making others take more notice of his own shockingly high placement on the all time scoring list, and thus burnishing his own legacy.

how much better would dirk look if he beat the "goat" in the finals for his only ring... its the same reason steph called lebron the goat for a while

they're inflating their own legacy with these statements

this

FKAri
12-29-2022, 02:05 PM

I think that's an NBA players poll. And it's only going to get dumber every year.

expansionera
12-29-2022, 02:12 PM
I agree with Dirk Nowitzki

Disagree, LeBron passed Jordan in 2012

Yeezy
12-29-2022, 03:02 PM

it was a player vote

Yeezy
12-29-2022, 03:04 PM
I think that's an NBA players poll. And it's only going to get dumber every year.

lets ask players from the 80's, 90's, 00's then

wonder who they will pick

but you would think todays players would pick lebron considering its all they watched growing up. its more telling that they picked jordan by a landslide when all they have is youtube clips, wikipedia and nba hardwood classics to go by

Spurs m8
12-29-2022, 03:21 PM
You know we don't.

You know we've said this many times.

We know Dirks just trying to prop up his legacy.

There's also been a thread on this already.

You suck

Axe
12-29-2022, 05:11 PM
In the modern era, most likely.

Axe
12-29-2022, 05:12 PM
1: Stupid people constantly assume that a player would score more of they just shot more. That amount of sitting isn't James game or nature. To get it he would have to play differently.

2: **** you.
:roll:

BigShotBob
12-29-2022, 06:37 PM
lets ask players from the 80's, 90's, 00's then

wonder who they will pick

but you would think todays players would pick lebron considering its all they watched growing up. its more telling that they picked jordan by a landslide when all they have is youtube clips, wikipedia and nba hardwood classics to go by

The Last Dance really helped kids understand just how good MJ was and it came at a perfect time when the pandemic was on, no basketball, and all the kids could watch MJ's legacy unfold

GrayGoat
01-25-2023, 04:30 PM
I agree with Dirk

Full Court
01-25-2023, 07:24 PM
When Bronie passes up Kareem in career points, he'll still be behind Kareem in the all time rankings...much less players like Jordan, Wilt, and Russell.