PDA

View Full Version : Curry/Durant Never lost a playoff series.

Big164
12-30-2022, 11:48 AM
Lebron/Wade, MJ/Scottie, Shaq/Kobe, Russell/Havlicek, Kareem/Magic all took L’s.

SouBeachTalents
12-30-2022, 11:57 AM
Definitely a valid comparison, comparing Curry & Durant playing like 8 playoff series together to guys who were together for 8+ years

1987_Lakers
12-30-2022, 11:58 AM
They also had peak Klay & Dray.

Real Men Wear Green
12-30-2022, 11:58 AM
Lebron/Wade, MJ/Scottie, Shaq/Kobe, Russell/Havlicek, Kareem/Magic all took L’s.

Most of those duos had seasons together before or after their primes. Curry and Durant only played together in seasons where they were both inarguably top 5 players. They were no doubt an all time great pairing but Kobe and Shaq played together when Bryant was 18 and another season when Bryant was coming off a tough injury and in trial for rape in Colorado all year. MJ and scottie were together with a rookie Pippen that averaged 6 points, etc. It would have been different if they were together for their whole careers. They would have more rings but they would have taken some losses.

Big164
12-30-2022, 12:06 PM
Definitely a valid comparison, comparing Curry & Durant playing like 8 playoff series together to guys who were together for 8+ years

Thats speaks to my point. They only had (10) playoff series together and gelled immediately. Instant Chemistry. Beautiful Basketball, and didnt fight over the rock.

Peak Lebron/Wade failed their first try. And It took Kareem/Magic a few years before they could go back to back.

Yeezy
12-30-2022, 12:12 PM
kobe and shaq had a stretch of 15 straight playoff series victorys

curry and durant had a stretch of 11

and correct me if i'm wrong but didn't they lose to the raptors. if you blame injuries then the lakers never lost to the spurs in 03, pistons in 04 or the celtics in 08 or the mavs in 11, spurs in 13 etc...

SouBeachTalents
12-30-2022, 12:20 PM
Thats speaks to my point. They only had (10) playoff series together and gelled immediately. Instant Chemistry. Beautiful Basketball, and didnt fight over the rock.

Peak Lebron/Wade failed their first try. And It took Kareem/Magic a few years before they could go back to back.
You can't ignore the fact that Curry & Durant had TWO other All-NBA players on the roster, a luxury nobody else listed in the OP had.

Axe
12-30-2022, 05:55 PM
You can't ignore the fact that Curry & Durant had TWO other All-NBA players on the roster, a luxury nobody else listed in the OP had.
Not to mention they also had former finals mvp in andre iguodala. Truly stacked af.

Wally450
12-30-2022, 06:14 PM
Rondo/Ray/Pierce/KG/Perk never lost a series.