CurryOverLebron
12-30-2022, 02:53 PM
https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1608678139114442786

Yeezy
12-30-2022, 05:26 PM
https://youtu.be/cCLssH5jheI

Full Court
12-30-2022, 06:47 PM
And yet some will continue to deny that this is an inflated stats era.

Spurs m8
12-30-2022, 06:49 PM
Is it just me or is this stuff completely underwhelming and uninteresting?

It means we have a weaker competition

Only low iq sports fans look at higher score numbers and go wow, without taking anything else into consideration

ShawkFactory
12-30-2022, 07:10 PM
Is it just me or is this stuff completely underwhelming and uninteresting?

It means we have a weaker competition

Only low iq sports fans look at higher score numbers and go wow, without taking anything else into consideration

You literally just did that the sentence before this one.

bison
12-30-2022, 07:15 PM
Was just thinking how 40 point games don't impress me as much as they used to. Now I see why.

Full Court
12-30-2022, 08:37 PM
Was just thinking how 40 point games don't impress me as much as they used to. Now I see why.

Today's 40 point games are yesterday's 25 point games. Wilt would average 60 in today's league.

ShawkFactory
12-30-2022, 10:41 PM
Today's 40 point games are yesterday's 25 point games. Wilt would average 60 in today's league.

Yea? Not your best argument

Full Court
12-30-2022, 11:01 PM
Yea? Not your best argument

Not an argument. An observation.

ShawkFactory
12-30-2022, 11:14 PM

No, that’s speculation

Expound on that though.

Full Court
12-30-2022, 11:19 PM
No, that’s speculation

Expound on that though.

You obviously don't agree, so I'm not sure why you want it expounded on.

Players are getting a lot more open baskets these days. Rule changes this year were supposed to balance out the favoring of offense over defense, but that lasted like a week. Refs are still making it hard to play aggressive defense. So the predictable result is that you're seeing lots of really high scoring games and record numbers of players hitting 40. The cause and effect shouldn't be rocket science.

ShawkFactory
12-30-2022, 11:24 PM
You obviously don't agree, so I'm not sure why you want it expounded on.

Players are getting a lot more open baskets these days. Rule changes this year were supposed to balance out the favoring of offense over defense, but that lasted like a week. Refs are still making it hard to play aggressive defense. So the predictable result is that you're seeing lots of really high scoring games and record numbers of players hitting 40. The cause and effect shouldn't be rocket science.

The subject of discussion wasn’t whether guys are getting easier baskets these days. You made the “observation” that Wilt would score 60.

Full Court
12-30-2022, 11:36 PM
The subject of discussion wasn’t whether guys are getting easier baskets these days. You made the “observation” that Wilt would score 60.

I was exaggerating to make a point. However, if he was able to average 50 in an era of clogged paint, his scoring in this era would be off the charts for sure. Who's going to stop the guy in the paint? Look at what giannis and Zion are doing.

ShawkFactory
12-30-2022, 11:39 PM
I was exaggerating to make a point. However, if he was able to average 50 in an era of clogged paint, his scoring in this era would be off the charts for sure. Who's going to stop the guy in the paint? Look at what giannis and Zion are doing.

The 1962 Warriors played at a 131 pace. That’s 30 extra possessions than the average team gets now.

That is not the era of clogged paints that you’re conflating with the 90s and early 00s.

Who were the paints clogged BY in 1962?

RRR3
12-30-2022, 11:42 PM
The 1962 Warriors played at a 131 pace. That’s 30 extra possessions than the average team gets now.

That is not the era of clogged paints that you’re conflating with the 90s and early 00s.

He never knows what he's talking about and yet is always confident, it's impressive.

Axe
12-30-2022, 11:46 PM

Didn't wilt also play 48 minutes in many games bt? Ofc that would only help in giving him more opportunities to score higher each time he's on the floor.

1987_Lakers
12-30-2022, 11:48 PM

I've explained this to full court many times and he continues to ignore.

Dude laughing at "inflated" stats from today while not realizing Wilt played in the most inflated stat era ever.

8Ball
12-30-2022, 11:50 PM
To be fair to full court, I think Wilt would be #1 pick for majority of last 30 years and dominate even today's game.

Imagine an athletic 7 foot 2 dude that could score and defend in today's game.

Probably a better Embiid.

Axe
12-30-2022, 11:50 PM
I've explained this to full court many times and he continues to ignore.

Dude laughing at "inflated" stats from today while not realizing Wilt played in the most inflated stat era ever.
Lmao it seems fact checking are truly non-existent amongst these ignorant casuals who are only good at inadvertently exposing themselves. :oldlol:

ShawkFactory
12-30-2022, 11:57 PM
Didn't wilt also play 48 minutes in many games bt? Ofc that would only help in giving him more opportunities to score higher each time he's on the floor.

Yea wasn’t it 48.5 minutes?

RRR3
12-31-2022, 12:05 AM
To be fair to full court, I think Wilt would be #1 pick for majority of last 30 years and dominate even today's game.

Imagine an athletic 7 foot 2 dude that could score and defend in today's game.

Probably a better Embiid.
Players that good would be good in any era yeah.

Axe
12-31-2022, 12:12 AM
I researched about it recently and yes, he was able to play for a whole duration of the game. That happened also during the 61/62 season where he finished averaging 50 ppg but wasn't enough to garner league mvp over the likes of his perennial rival bill russell.

Anyway going btt, the league has several players rn who can average at least 30 points before halftime. That's already a bit impressive for what can be seen today imo.

Full Court
12-31-2022, 12:51 AM

Who were the paints clogged by??? Seriously????? Have you ever even seen basketball from that era?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfczQovODz8

The pain was clogged by EVERYBODY. people weren't camping out on the three point line like they do today. Everything was compressed.

He never knows what he's talking about and yet is always confident, it's impressive.

RRR3tard continually outs himself as a low-IQ moron. Literally a basketball ignoramus.

Lmao it seems fact checking are truly non-existent amongst these ignorant casuals who are only good at inadvertently exposing themselves. :oldlol:

^Just a dumb dingus. :lol

Axe
12-31-2022, 12:59 AM
Lol typical redneck jizzrag whining over spilled milk whenever he feels his fragile ego has been hurt deeply. :oldlol:

AussieSteve
12-31-2022, 01:47 AM

You've observed wilt averaging 60 in this era?

CurryOverLebron
12-31-2022, 04:41 AM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/pts_per_g_season.html

Wilt is easily greatest scorer in NBA history

Overdrive
12-31-2022, 06:16 AM
Who were the paints clogged by??? Seriously????? Have you ever even seen basketball from that era?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfczQovODz8

The pain was clogged by EVERYBODY. people weren't camping out on the three point line like they do today. Everything was compressed.

RRR3tard continually outs himself as a low-IQ moron. Literally a basketball ignoramus.

^Just a dumb dingus. :lol

I generally agree with the sentiment that Jordan is a way better basketballplayer than Lebron and that Wilt has become very underrated in recent years, but you're one of the most childish, inconsiderate and maybe even stupid posters I've seen on this board.

Not because your takes are straight up dumb, some are, but your inability to form coherent arguments before you drift off into petty fights 6 year olds would be ashamed of. What's the point in claiming Wilt would score 60 a game while nothing suggests he would and could and then simply throw ad hominems at your adversaries? Do you think anyone will take you serious by doing so?

It's obvious that this era produces gaudy offensive stats and inflates the stats of several players, just like the 60s did for their players. That still doesn't take away from their ability to play basketball. You advocate for Wilt while you play down current player's accomplishments? Quite ironic.

Axe
12-31-2022, 06:46 AM
I generally agree with the sentiment that Jordan is a way better basketballplayer than Lebron and that Wilt has become very underrated in recent years, but you're one of the most childish, inconsiderate and maybe even stupid posters I've seen on this board.

Not because your takes are straight up dumb, some are, but your inability to form coherent arguments before you drift off into petty fights 6 year olds would be ashamed of. What's the point in claiming Wilt would score 60 a game while nothing suggests he would and could and then simply throw ad hominems at your adversaries? Do you think anyone will take you serious by doing so?

It's obvious that this era produces gaudy offensive stats and inflates the stats of several players, just like the 60s did for their players. That still doesn't take away from their ability to play basketball. You advocate for Wilt while you play down current player's accomplishments? Quite ironic.
:lol

Ether.

Keno
12-31-2022, 10:14 AM
this just proves how much more talent is in today's league, bench warmers on any given night can drop 40 a piece, they would be starters in the 90's.

1987_Lakers
12-31-2022, 10:18 AM

God damn

1987_Lakers
12-31-2022, 11:00 AM

Yes, with OT games.

Full Court
12-31-2022, 11:01 AM

You should learn to read instead of getting upset. The bold was my point. And if you actually read, you'd see that I said the averaging 60 was an "exaggeration to make a point." :lol

Full Court
12-31-2022, 11:02 AM
You've observed wilt averaging 60 in this era?

Do I really have to break this down in childish detail for you guys? I made an observation about this being an inflated stats era. Lol.

Full Court
12-31-2022, 11:03 AM
Lol typical redneck jizzrag whining over spilled milk whenever he feels his fragile ego has been hurt deeply. :oldlol:

Not only a dingus among mermen, but an unintelligent one. :lol No clue about life or basketball.

1987_Lakers
12-31-2022, 11:04 AM
You should learn to read instead of getting upset. The bold was my point. And if you actually read, you'd see that I said the averaging 60 was an "exaggeration to make a point." :lol

You said it was an "exaggeration" once you got push back from other posters. :lol

Full Court
12-31-2022, 11:25 AM
You said it was an "exaggeration" once you got push back from other posters. :lol

It should have been obvious. Lol. I'm not going to put sarcasm alerts on my posts just for your sake.

1987_Lakers
12-31-2022, 11:31 AM
It should have been obvious. Lol. I'm not going to put sarcasm alerts on my posts just for your sake.

Nobody knows when you are serious. You called young MJ "empty stats" and said Iverson was in the top 20 convo.

You believing Wilt averaging 60 a game today isn't out of the question.

You backtracked and later made it seem like you were exaggerating.

Full Court
12-31-2022, 11:35 AM
Nobody knows when you are serious. You called young MJ "empty stats" and said Iverson was in the top 20 convo.

You believing Wilt averaging 60 a game today isn't out of the question.

You backtracked and later made it seem like you were exaggerating.

Young MJ was empty stats, and I destroyed you when you tried to push back against that. Iverson was in the top 20 conversation, and I proved that too.

Wilt averaging 60 a game was obviously toungue in cheek. There was another thread where I said Wilt would average 80 a game today. :lol

:biggums:

1987_Lakers
12-31-2022, 11:38 AM
Young MJ was empty stats, and I destroyed you when you tried to push back against that.

You literally got laughed at by the entire posters in that thread for saying that.

Overdrive
12-31-2022, 12:52 PM

That would be interesting if you didn't behave as described in any topic you participate in.

Spurs m8
12-31-2022, 04:07 PM
40 is the new 25.

MJ would have averaged at least 40

With wins.

ShawkFactory
12-31-2022, 04:11 PM
40 is the new 25.

MJ would have averaged at least 40

With wins.

Wouldn’t you expect a couple people to be averaging 40 then if that was the new 25?

Axe
12-31-2022, 04:59 PM
That would be interesting if you didn't behave as described in any topic you participate in.
He's so braindead he didn't even bother to read what you told about his blatant trolling. Typical braindead jizzrag never ceases to disappoint. :hammerhead:

Full Court
12-31-2022, 06:57 PM
You literally got laughed at by the entire posters in that thread for saying that.

The truth hurts Bronie fluffers. :confusedshrug: Happens over and over again.

Full Court
12-31-2022, 06:58 PM
He's so braindead he didn't even bother to read what you told about his blatant trolling. Typical braindead jizzrag never ceases to disappoint. :hammerhead:

Every time he posts, all everyone can think of is that his guy actually

dresses up

like a

MERMAN

:roll:

Axe
12-31-2022, 08:25 PM
It's already new year's eve and nothing's changed about the fact that lebron is still effortlessly making him type all through the bloody tears everyday. :yaohappy:

Full Court
01-01-2023, 01:46 AM
It's a new year, and Axe is still a dingus.

And a Bronie fluffer who dresses up like a MERMAN. :roll:

Axe
01-01-2023, 02:15 AM
Forum redneck jizzrag weeping it all out again as usual. LeKong about to give the sorry ass mongoloid above another miserable year full of daily nightmares. :lebronamazed:

Everybody will be looking forward to it. :lol

Spurs m8
01-01-2023, 03:15 AM
Forum redneck jizzrag weeping it all out again as usual. LeKong about to give the sorry ass mongoloid above another miserable year full of daily nightmares. :lebronamazed:

Everybody will be looking forward to it. :lol

Sick new years, axey...

You're killing it

Axe
01-01-2023, 04:39 AM
I smell soggy meltdown.