PDA

View Full Version : Rank the most hyped prospects since LeBron

Im Still Ballin
12-31-2022, 03:54 PM
This is tricky. How hyped is Wembanyama compared to Oden? What about Zion? Where does he fit into all of this? Can't forget about Maple Jordan as well.

1. Wembanyama
2. Oden
3. Zion
4. Durant
5. AD

How's that for a list? BTW: here's a reminder of how hyped Oden was. Watch the start of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6bzRqc6bdc&ab_channel=ThatisMrBlazer2U

I'm not sure where to rank Dwight, Embiid, Wiggins, KAT, Griffin, Rose, Wall, Luka, etc.

Sportal
12-31-2022, 10:58 PM
Wembanyama's only hype comparison since LeBron would be LeBron himself, the rest don't even have anywhere NEAR as much hype. He's got so much hype no-one is even talking about the #2 and #3 picks.

Wembanyama

Oden
Embiid before his injury (Hakeem style)
Dwight
Zion
Durant/Wiggins (there was LeBron hype behind Wiggins)
Rose
AD
Wall
KAT
Griffin
Luka (editted to put at the bottom)

Luka is so low for me because Ayton and Marvin Bagley Jr were picked before him, I thought he was going to be a multiple time all-star, didn't obviously know he was going to be this good, face of the league type stuff.

Also find it hard to comment on the Oden/Dwight hype.

red1
01-01-2023, 02:38 AM
zion is very high on that list

we had some monster athletes when I was in school too but no one even close to that size with that explosiveness

Im Still Ballin
01-01-2023, 04:42 AM
Wembanyama's only hype comparison since LeBron would be LeBron himself, the rest don't even have anywhere NEAR as much hype. He's got so much hype no-one is even talking about the #2 and #3 picks.

Wembanyama

Oden
Embiid before his injury (Hakeem style)
Dwight
Zion
Durant/Wiggins (there was LeBron hype behind Wiggins)
Rose
AD
Wall
KAT
Griffin
Luka (editted to put at the bottom)

Luka is so low for me because Ayton and Marvin Bagley Jr were picked before him, I thought he was going to be a multiple time all-star, didn't obviously know he was going to be this good, face of the league type stuff.

Also find it hard to comment on the Oden/Dwight hype.

Good list.

pandiani17
01-01-2023, 10:16 AM
Oden, Wiggins and Zion were hyped way more than the others.

Yeezy
01-01-2023, 10:21 AM
zions #1. i remember way more buzz about him than anyone else. the pelicans getting him and his injuries made people forget

WhiteKyrie
01-01-2023, 04:48 PM
In terms of height or how they ended up?