PDA

View Full Version : What series did Pippen lock someone up as the primary defender?

3ba11
01-01-2023, 10:47 AM
Everyone got their regular numbers on Pippen like Worthy, Kersey, Dumas, Schrempf, Rice, Dominique - you name it.

Pippen never locked anyone up as the primary defender, while the Bulls' only had the #7 defense during the 1st three-peat - this was worse than their ECF or Finals opponents (91' Pistons, 91' Lakers, 92' Knicks, 92' Blazers, 93' Knicks).

In addition to having a weak individual and team defensive record, Pippen never got DPOY and finished behind MJ nearly every year in voting.

So there's only evidence that Pippen was an overrated defender and no actual evidence that he did what everyone says (he didn't provide great team defense and didn't lock anyone up - this is the historical record).

The only reason that Pippen gets credit for defense is because reporters struggled to report on him - they would search for a critical time in the game where Pippen was hitting big shots but could never find any, so inflating Pippen's defense became a "thing" that has gotten bigger as time passed.. Iman Shumpert recently lied about Pippen by saying it wasn't a mismatch to put him on centers - that's a massive lie - it was considered a mismatch to put Pippen on PF's like Malone or Barkley let alone centers like Ewing or Shaq..

It all started in the 91' Finals where MJ guarded Magic for the entirety of Games 1, 4, 5 and most of Game 3 (1st, 4th and OT) - but he got no credit for it because reporters wanted cumbaya and to credit his teammates with something.

Full Court
01-01-2023, 11:37 PM
Michael Jordan is GOAT.

Pippen was a great defender.

Jordan was a great defender too.

RRR3
01-01-2023, 11:40 PM
snivelly banned again :roll:

SouBeachTalents
01-01-2023, 11:40 PM
I honestly don't understand the point of this current arrangement when everybody knows OP will literally keep making the same exact threads until the end of time. Either ban him permanently or let him post, otherwise this same cycle will play out indefinitely.

RRR3
01-01-2023, 11:46 PM
I honestly don't understand the point of this current arrangement when everybody knows OP will literally keep making the same exact threads until the end of time. Either ban him permanently or let him post, otherwise this same cycle will play out indefinitely.
At least we get a break from him sometimes this way, not banning him at all would be worse. I agree he should be perma'd tho

ShawkFactory
01-01-2023, 11:53 PM
Michael Jordan is GOAT.

Pippen was a great defender.

Jordan was a great defender too.

:applause:

Axe
01-02-2023, 06:08 AM
2000 wcf

Phoenix
01-02-2023, 08:27 AM
Oh look, its 3nutballs biweekly 'ban him for 2 days then act like he'll do something different when we unban him' routine.

https://i.postimg.cc/xdDWD1Yx/Star-Trek-Generations-Data-Laughs-2.gif

Phoenix
01-02-2023, 08:43 AM

3nutball is a mod alt playing off the Lebron alts on the other side. It's the only thing that makes sense because the constant 2 day ban/unban thing is weird as hell.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_VfhloVUAMEEDH.png