PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it to get into the NBA?

davidkimchi
01-02-2023, 06:05 AM
I didnt really get into basketball until last year. I played with friends during highschool and was one of the better players.
I am 26 now and i am 5'9
I am willing to work hard

Full Court
01-02-2023, 11:24 AM
It's pretty easy. Everybody's getting in these days. All you have to do is work really hard on your logo threes, and you're a shoo-in.

Jasper
01-02-2023, 11:37 AM
I played school ball besides playground league.
I practiced about 4 hours a day back in the 60's-70's.

I was always in awe watching the Bucks and other teams and how well developed their legs were.
Back then working on weights was unheard of. (They ran a lot)

If you see retired pro players play and demolish am'ees you can gather how much they practice.
(typically 6-10 hour days)

your height is going against you.
I remember standing next to Kareem and I thought what chance would I ever have making a basket !!
Average NBA player is 6'7"

FKAri
01-02-2023, 01:27 PM
Depends how tall you are.

i am 5'9
Very hard.

SouBeachTalents
01-02-2023, 01:31 PM
There's a huge demand right now for 5'9 guys in their mid 20's who never played organized basketball before. If you put in the work, practice and refine your game, I'd say there's a 50/50 shot you could make it.

Real Men Wear Green
01-02-2023, 01:36 PM
OP is probably just trolling us.

Patrick Chewing
01-02-2023, 01:41 PM
I'm in the NBA after a few years of trying. I don't want to disclose who I am, but I believe that if you follow your dreams and work hard, anyone can make it to the NBA.

I have a game tonight. I will play well to inspire you, OP.

meat
01-02-2023, 02:16 PM
OP is probably just trolling us.

Why would you say that? I highly doubt it.

Jasper
01-02-2023, 07:26 PM
I'm in the NBA after a few years of trying. I don't want to disclose who I am, but I believe that if you follow your dreams and work hard, anyone can make it to the NBA.

thought you played for the Knicks .... what position you play towel boy ?

Baller789
01-02-2023, 09:47 PM

How would you inspire OP if he doesn't know who you are? :hammerhead:

Axe
01-03-2023, 02:52 AM

@LL32 look at poopsie lying to people again. :kobe:

bison
01-03-2023, 03:07 AM
My contract won’t allow me to disclose who I am either, but all I can say is I am currently a major rotation player who plays guard on a western conference team, and I can confirm indeed that Patrick Chewing is in the NBA. We usually bring up ISH when we play against each other and joke about losers like RRR3 before tipoff. In fact I know of at least 6 other active NBA players that are regular contributors to this forum, (including Jock Landale who I will only say that his screen name ends with letter m and the number 8.)

OP, I’m glad you are taking an interest in the NBA. This is the arguably the weakest era in NBA history and now is the perfect time for someone with your build to try out for a team. Just make sure to practice your 3s and don’t worry about your defensive skills. You don’t be needing them lol. But if you’re still struggling to make a roster, I know a guy in LA who can get you some…let’s say, performance enhancing medicine.

Good luck OP!

davidkimchi
01-03-2023, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the motivation ill try my best

HylianNightmare
01-03-2023, 09:45 AM
Go play against decent high schoolers

Jasper
01-03-2023, 11:21 AM
My contract won’t allow me to disclose who I am either, but all I can say is I am currently a major rotation player who plays guard on a western conference team, and I can confirm indeed that Patrick Chewing is in the NBA. We usually bring up ISH when we play against each other and joke about losers like RRR3 before tipoff. In fact I know of at least 6 other active NBA players that are regular contributors to this forum, (including Jock Landale who I will only say that his screen name ends with letter m and the number 8.)

OP, I’m glad you are taking an interest in the NBA. This is the arguably the weakest era in NBA history and now is the perfect time for someone with your build to try out for a team. Just make sure to practice your 3s and don’t worry about your defensive skills. You don’t be needing them lol. But if you’re still struggling to make a roster, I know a guy in LA who can get you some…let’s say, performance enhancing medicine.

Good luck OP!

qualified post ... I've listened to your conversations LOL

E_Stamkos
01-03-2023, 12:02 PM
I believe in you bro.

What type of wingspan are you working with between your thighs? Pics? It'll help determine my analysis on any potential.

Patrick Chewing
01-03-2023, 12:26 PM

Good luck OP!

My brother from another mother! It's always fun times playing against each other and amping each other up by making fun of RRR3 and small stature folks like Lebron23.

I played 9 mins last night but was a +4 and we have won two in a row.

Rysio
01-03-2023, 12:50 PM
You have to be the best athlete in a high school that's known for great athletes if you got that practicing few hours a day and you should be in.

GrayGoat
01-03-2023, 12:55 PM
You have to be the best athlete in a high school that's known for great athletes if you got that practicing few hours a day and you should be in.

So Matt Bonner came out of NewHampshire. Technically he had a tougher road than most huh? Cuz really it’s either New York or California with the talent. Too be seen in a bumfvck state is impressive

davidkimchi
01-04-2023, 04:31 AM
cant wait to join the nba

Lebron23
01-04-2023, 07:11 AM
Very hard

Round Mound
01-04-2023, 02:54 PM
Probably the most difficult sport to make it to the nba. You have to be really tall to begin with. If you aren't that tall you have to be very athletic.

davidkimchi
01-05-2023, 06:25 AM
Probably the most difficult sport to make it to the nba. You have to be really tall to begin with. If you aren't that tall you have to be very athletic.

im only 5'9 unfortunately but i will try my best

Lebron23
01-05-2023, 07:42 AM

Do you have any highlights?? you can posts it here.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?460580-Insidehoops-Basketball-Skills-Vid-Archive-show-insidehoops-what-u-got!/page36

Full Court
01-05-2023, 10:47 AM

When you do make it to an NBA team, you better not embarrass ISH.

Round Mound
01-05-2023, 01:23 PM

Cool. What position do you play now and when younger? Im about 5'5 1/2 to 5´6 ft i played SF ages 12-13 among players my age then ofcourse as i got older PG.

mr4speed
01-05-2023, 01:32 PM

The fastest way IMO is for you to find an industrial league or some type of organized competition with referees. If you have only competed with friends I think you are in for a rude awakening. I participated in such a league and when there is prize money involved = EVERYBODY ups their game and it gets very serious. I wish you the best of luck!!

davidkimchi
01-05-2023, 11:42 PM
Cool. What position do you play now and when younger? Im about 5'5 1/2 to 5´6 ft i played SF ages 12-13 among players my age then ofcourse as i got older PG.

Mostly SF too during high school years, and will probably stay as SF.
Did you ever play as a pro or amateur for any teams? or just with friends

Round Mound
01-06-2023, 07:54 AM
Mostly SF too during high school years, and will probably stay as SF.
Did you ever play as a pro or amateur for any teams? or just with friends

If you still play SF then that means you are quite tall. Never played pro too small for that. I played for my two school teams ages 12-14 but did not grow much after that. As i said i am only 5'5 1/2-5'6 ft. I played alot of half court games around those same ages. It was fun. I love soccer too which the sport i should have dedicated entirely instead of mixing it with basketball. I developed osgood slater knees disease on both legs cause of playing both sports pretty much at the same time. I played hard and with pain for many years. I don't regret it though sports saved my life in many ways especially socially.