RRR3
01-03-2023, 02:03 AM
10 threes too.

Spurs m8
01-03-2023, 02:04 AM
Oh look...more inflated stats....very interesting

Kblaze8855
01-03-2023, 02:07 AM
54 isn’t news anymore unless it’s Lebron or maaaaaybe Zion. You need a hook to get attention to 54 these days.

Lebron23
01-03-2023, 02:07 AM
10 threes too.

players today are better

RRR3
01-03-2023, 02:11 AM
Damn y’all could just say he had a great game

RRR3
01-03-2023, 02:18 AM
this is the nba today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqX7Af1A7w4
Except the pace is much faster now. You’re the stupidest poster in ISH history.

Walk on Water
01-03-2023, 07:17 AM
Everyone talking about Mitchell, but what about Klay's 54? Still pretty pretty pretty pretty good.

Phoenix
01-03-2023, 07:33 AM
theres been like 3 weeks of 40/50/60 point games every day and a guy dropped 71 tonight

Yes, but the context here is the growing sentiment that Klay has fallen off, so while 54 otherwise is lost in a sea of NBA 2K on easy mode statlines, it's still nice to see that Klay can still pop off from time to time, even if he's not mid-late 2010s level anymore.

Snow
01-03-2023, 07:42 AM
this is the nba today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqX7Af1A7w4

Or this

https://youtu.be/9lyJFv5A5Sk

AlternativeAcc.
01-03-2023, 09:36 AM
Curry is a 5th option and his team is clearly better without him

Lol @ the people writing off klay earlier this season

So much ignorance on this forum

HylianNightmare
01-03-2023, 09:44 AM
On how many dribbles

Manny98
01-03-2023, 12:38 PM
Damn y’all could just say he had a great game
This, can we just appreciate a great game a player has without crying about inflated stats or no defense being played :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
01-03-2023, 12:57 PM
This, can we just appreciate a great game a player has without crying about inflated stats or no defense being played :oldlol:

When Wilt was doing 50/27, Baylor 38/19, Pettit 30/19, Oscar 30/12/11, Russell 20/25, and even guys you never heard of like Richie Guerin do 30 a game…do you think the newspaper still reported on 48 point games like it would 10 years earlier?

There comes a point it’s just….

It’s never unimpressive but it does reach a point you don’t need to hear it anymore.

At what point is 40-50 just not worth talking about like a big deal?

It is for some story related things. And I would say Klay coming back to form is one such situation but you can’t expect people to show the same reverence when they get the same report 4 times a week.

If you put prime Rodman in todays league with few real bigs and let him play his early 90s minutes how many 27 rebound games would you have to see before you stopped praising every one?

They would still be impressive and he’d still be great. But you wouldn’t keep talking about it nightly would you?

GrayGoat
01-03-2023, 01:00 PM
When Wilt was doing 50/27, Baylor 38/19, Pettit 30/19, Oscar 30/12/11, Russell 20/25, and even guys you never heard of like Richie Guerin do 30 a game…do you think the newspaper still reported on 48 point games like it would 10 years earlier?

There comes a point it’s just….

It’s never unimpressive but it does reach a point you don’t need to hear it anymore.

At what point is 40-50 just not worth talking about like a big deal?

It is for some story related things. And I would say Klay coming back to form is one such situation but you can’t expect people to show the same reverence when they get the same report 4 times a week.

If you put prime Rodman in todays league with few real bigs and let him play his early 90s minutes how many 27 rebound games would you have to see before you stopped praising every one?

They would still be impressive and he’d still be great. But you wouldn’t keep talking about it nightly would you?
Nah there is context. Klay was out nearly TWO years with an injury that DESTROYS 99% of nba careers

Kblaze8855
01-03-2023, 01:14 PM
For one I’m not sure that’s true anymore. I’d love to see a list of modern players who have it. How many are we even talking about? KD, Klay, Cousins…I need a list. I’ll look into that.

Also it’s a lot easier for physical limitations to be overcome when people can’t be physical with you anymore. It would obviously make adapting easier.

But yes as I said Klay does have a special situation that makes it more likely to be noticed but fact is….nobody is talking about it for a reason. Over saturation.

It’s not his fault and it doesn’t make it easy to score 50 but the facts are what they are. It’s harder to get eyes on something that isn’t as rare as it used to be.

RRR3
01-03-2023, 01:43 PM
For one I’m not sure that’s true anymore. I’d love to see a list of modern players who have it. How many are we even talking about? KD, Klay, Cousins…I need a list. I’ll look into that.

Also it’s a lot easier for physical limitations to be overcome when people can’t be physical with you anymore. It would obviously make adapting easier.

But yes as I said Klay does have a special situation that makes it more likely to be noticed but fact is….nobody is talking about it for a reason. Over saturation.

It’s not his fault and it doesn’t make it easy to score 50 but the facts are what they are. It’s harder to get eyes on something that isn’t as rare as it used to be.
People would still talk about if he hadn’t done it on the same day someone scored the most points since Kobe.

Kblaze8855
01-03-2023, 01:59 PM
People would still talk about if he hadn’t done it on the same day someone scored the most points since Kobe.

It would also help if there weren’t 10 50 point games since November. Klay had the 5th highest game since December started. I alresdy forgot Embiid had 59/11/8 recently. And Booker just had 58.

It’s not about Klay. It’s the human nature to stop being shocked by things you see too often.

NBAGOAT
01-03-2023, 02:05 PM
it is still impressive for a guy who wasnt even averaging 20 yesterday to put up 54. Just like for mitchell who averages 30, 40-50 might not have been that worth noting but 71 is still ridiculous. GS shouldve gone on a big losing streak without curry+wiggins and klays been the 2nd or 3rd biggest reason they havent

tontoz
01-03-2023, 02:20 PM
it should also be noted that Klay didn't actually play ball over the summer. At all. He was worried about another injury so he didn't play until training camp. He was obviously rusty and not in game shape to start the season.

If he can be close to old Klay in April then maybe they can make another run.

hold this L
01-03-2023, 02:25 PM
Yes, but the context here is the growing sentiment that Klay has fallen off, so while 54 otherwise is lost in a sea of NBA 2K on easy mode statlines, it's still nice to see that Klay can still pop off from time to time, even if he's not mid-late 2010s level anymore.

Yeah Klay dropping 54 is actually huge news for the Warriors. He's been playing more off ball recently and not taking as many stupid shots. Bodes well if he continues this for the championship chances.

FultzNationRISE
01-03-2023, 02:29 PM
The game went into two overtimes. Thats an extra 10 minutes of play.

Even if he scored 40 in regulation it’s still a great game, dont get me wrong. Kudos to Klay. But much like Mitchell’s 71 and Doncic’s recent 60… you have to take the overtime into account when comparing with other all time high scoring games. It’s obviously an advantage to have extra time to add points compared to a 48 minute game.