PDA

View Full Version : Shannon Sharpe skipped undisputed because of something Skip Bayless said on twitter

1987_Lakers
01-03-2023, 11:33 PM
Had something to do with the Bills player. Bayless said something insensitive about the issue and Shannon Sharpe skipped the show this morning because of the tweet.

Is this the end of Skip and Shannon?

kawhileonard2
01-03-2023, 11:38 PM
Had something to do with the Bills player. Bayless said something insensitive about the issue and Shannon Sharpe skipped the show this morning because of the tweet.

Just goes to show how you need to watch what you say even if you don't mean it.

D-Wait
01-04-2023, 01:33 AM

If anything, Skip's earlier personal attack on Sharpe that he's just jealous of Brady because of retiring at 35 and that he wasn't as good Brady might have an impact on their future. That was stupid af, way out of bounds and Skip didn't even apologize publicly.

Im Still Ballin
01-04-2023, 05:09 AM
I think it might be time for Skip to go back to ESPN and team up with Steven A Smith. Skip and Shannon had a good run, but Shannon is starting to take things too personally. Skip's getting old too. He should finish his career off at ESPN.

Phoenix
01-04-2023, 07:01 AM
If anything, Skip's earlier personal attack on Sharpe that he's just jealous of Brady because of retiring at 35 and that he wasn't as good Brady might have an impact on their future. That was stupid af, way out of bounds and Skip didn't even apologize publicly.

Yep, between that and this no-showing.....pretty clear. Plus he's got his own youtube channel( not feeling the name club sha sha but whatever) and its obvious he has the gift of gab and charisma to be a TV personality. Question is does he get his own show paired with a few other people( like Nick Wright) or does he move to ESPN?

hold this L
01-04-2023, 07:16 AM
Skip has gotten a little too old and senile at this point. Man is a legendary troll but some of the things he says just seem like he's getting way too up there in age.

WhiteKyrie
01-04-2023, 09:17 AM
All black athletes are jealous of Brady and throw shade. That’s why it cut him so deep. That’s why it’s extra salt in that wound. Same goes for the recent comment, that apparently none of these meat head football players processed accurately.

AlternativeAcc.
01-04-2023, 09:20 AM
Just goes to show the woke mob is cancer. Skip didn't mean the tweet to be insensitive. He's not retarded. People just took it that way because they need to be woke and cancel somebody nomatter the situation.

WhiteKyrie
01-04-2023, 09:21 AM
Just goes to show the woke mob is cancer. Skip didn't mean the tweet to be insensitive. He's not retarded. People just took it that way because they need to be woke and cancel somebody nomatter the situation.

How was even “insensitive”? He says whatever football they make up seems irrelevant in the scheme of things

AlternativeAcc.
01-04-2023, 09:30 AM
How was even “insensitive”? He says whatever football they make up seems irrelevant in the scheme of things

If you don't say "pray for demar!!!!!!" and only that it's insensitive and worthy of your career being ruined. Twitter was literally filled with people who don't watch the NFL parroting literally the same phrase and attacking those who didn't say the exact thing.

Woke mob is hilarious.

WhiteKyrie
01-04-2023, 09:33 AM
And then all the other athletes use it as a platform to hate Skip because they’ve always disliked him. And there smear an undertone of racism about stuff. And then the athletes say they’re not animals or machines or some dumb shit. Because they’re NOT being paid millions of dollars living lavash (undeserved) lifestyles

Wardell Curry
01-04-2023, 10:20 AM
Skip's somewhat poorly worded point was that he didn't understand the logistics of how the NFL could postpone the game with the implications behind the outcome of the game and it being this late in the season, but that this unfortunate event trumped the game's "importance" to such a degree that the game was clearly irrelevant in the grand scheme of life and that problem for the NFL ultimately did not matter and this guy's life was more important and needed to be respected.

Even that might not be clear enough for people. Even still, when you are speaking to an audience of millions about such an emotionally charged topic, particularly one that people are not used to seeing everyday, you have to speak like a politician or risk upsetting anyone of average intelligence.

To be fair though, some people just don't want to hear an intellectual breakdown of what's happening. Just pay your respects or keep your mouth shut.

WhiteKyrie
01-04-2023, 10:23 AM
Skips tweet wasn’t poorly worded, it was poorly received, and understood by a bunch of meatheads

Nowitness
01-04-2023, 10:50 AM
I mean, there's no evidence that's the reason, he could have skipped because of the incident generally.

Despise Skip Bayless, if only because he's no longer interesting to listen to. 80% of the time I know exactly what he will say because when he creates his narrative he never strays, but his tweet is being overblown. He was simply stating he didn't know how the NFL could reschedule the game this late on with how important it is, and then said however it's not significant given what's going on.

hold this L
01-04-2023, 10:50 AM
Is Yeezy Kenny by any chance?

1987_Lakers
01-04-2023, 10:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05iiaDJdlro

Awkward. :oldlol:

Nowitness
01-04-2023, 11:01 AM
skips a paid troll like shannon, colin, nick, stephen A and all the other morning show guys. its a debate show. they want extreme opinions from both sides. the problem with skip isn't that he keeps the same opinion. the problem is they don't have enough new people on the show anymore to debate either of them. a fresh face is good for variety or a new take. its why stephen a smith got rid of max. it got stale. undisputed is just played out. they need to shake it up. to "despise" him because hes repetitive is a bit much. i'm just bored of him

I wouldn't go that far. For the first years of Undisputed Skip switched up his take often, whether that be changing his opnion, interjecting new information or anything else.

Now, the show sucks because the same topics are discussed (Cowboys, Brady, LeBron). Shannon is an amazing orator and rarely reuses the same take, or same language. Skip now literally repeats what he said from the last show, the show before that, and every other show.

Brady - Never bet against him, team not playing well, most accomplished so that STILL makes him the best
LBJ - Poor FT and 3P shooter so can't be elite, scared to drive late in game
Baker - Rookie season where he was 4th in big time plays, went 8-3 a few years back when OBJ went down

That's it, he refuses to take on new information, break it down and add/change his argument. Fresh faces won't change that, anyone they had on he just repeats his talking points to. Put Shannon with Kellerman and the show would be 10x better, hell put him Nick Wright and it would be legendary.

Mask the Embiid
01-04-2023, 11:13 AM
Skip loves trollin people and now it was his turn to get trolled and he didn’t like it. If Shannon kept sitting out he could of got his ass fired. He’s lucky he decided to let him keep his job. It ain’t so fun when the rabbit got the gun is it? All the athletes he took shots at over the years started getting on his ass and he was about to cry like a little bch when he’s been doing it to them for years for every mistake they made on the court/field. He can dish it and when he got a taste of it for just a nano second he was about to cry and have a panic attack

DCL
01-04-2023, 11:21 AM

do you have the link and time code of that?

edit: found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgYOe4kjN6g

Mask the Embiid
01-04-2023, 11:22 AM
its skips job to troll. its why people watch. its why this style of show was invented in the first place. its skips baby. he gave birth to stephen a smith and all the other debate show guys. what shannon did was go into business for himself. low class move on his part. if you got a problem with skip go up to him off camera and address it. don't put a guy on the spot without a chance to gather his words. its live.

if i was skip i woulda went in on shannon

i would've said "how dare you go there now. we had a pre production meeting this morning and you didn't bring any of this up and now you do because you knew i'd rip you a new a**hole but now i can't because i'm on camera and i'l be canceled for belittling a black man on national television. you picked your spot wisely. i just hope you still have a spot here after today"

I didn’t watch that video and I wasn’t posting based off that. I’m posting based off ppl he took shots at trying to get him fired now that they have a chance to get back at him like isiah thomas (Celtics). I’m stunned Westbrook and more ppl didn’t try. But they don’t even give that troll the time of day…he doesn’t even exist to them or maybe they are just better ppl than him and forgave him for his trollin

ArbitraryWater
01-04-2023, 11:43 AM
Is Yeezy Kenny by any chance?

duh

ShawkFactory
01-04-2023, 11:50 AM
its skips job to troll. its why people watch. its why this style of show was invented in the first place. its skips baby. he gave birth to stephen a smith and all the other debate show guys. what shannon did was go into business for himself. low class move on his part. if you got a problem with skip go up to him off camera and address it. don't put a guy on the spot without a chance to gather his words. its live.

if i was skip i woulda went in on shannon

i would've said "how dare you go there now. we had a pre production meeting this morning and you didn't bring any of this up and now you do because you knew i'd rip you a new a**hole but now i can't because i'm on camera and i'l be canceled for belittling a black man on national television. you picked your spot wisely. i just hope you still have a spot here after today"

remember when jenny got into it with skip over his fat nfl coach comment. she disappeared. wonder why. if i was shannon i would watch out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlJb9RKViFY

There have been multiple accounts that I've heard of Skip being a very low character individual. Not with the trolling or anything but how he conducts his business and treats people off camera.

I have no issues with people taking shots at him. Live or otherwise.

Patrick Chewing
01-04-2023, 11:54 AM
I'm embarrassed that people still have an inability to understand Skip's tweet and realize it is completely innocent.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2023, 12:26 PM
I’ve heard people who work with him say skip isn’t a troll. He’s just a weirdo. That he’s not acting. Dan Le Batard talked about doing an episode of PTI with him nearly years ago. He walked on set and greeted him like he would greet anybody to be polite and have a good show. Just to say hello, you know? Skip grabs his notes from the table and suggests he wants to get his information and get in his head about the potential debates they’re about to have. Like he can’t just say hello. He thinks people actually care about that bullshit.

It made me look at him a bit differently. He might just be a weirdo and not a troll at all.

Im Still Ballin
01-04-2023, 12:41 PM
I’ve heard people who work with him say skip isn’t a troll. He’s just a weirdo. That he’s not acting. Dan Le Batard talked about doing an episode of PTI with him nearly years ago. He walked on set and greeted him like he would greet anybody to be polite and have a good show. Just to say hello, you know? Skip grabs his notes from the table and suggests he wants to get his information and get in his head about the potential debates they’re about to have. Like he can’t just say hello. He thinks people actually care about that bullshit.

It made me look at him a bit differently. He might just be a weirdo and not a troll at all.

I think that's called being professional at your job. I'm not sure how that's weird at all. I guess that's why Skip's making so much - being a professional.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2023, 12:50 PM
He cohosts the 379th highest rated show on TV. They get about 1/3 of the viewers first take gets. He’s obviously well off but people don’t just…watch that show. I’ve never seen the show. Most haven’t. It’s consumed in Twitter feed clips that just pop up in your face as this one did for me earlier.

He gets about the minimum viewers you can get by being on a sports network carried by every major provider. He makes a massive salary because he’s attached to sports much like every NFL announcer, make absurd money without doing a single thing to change the bottom line because people watch NFL games because of the NFL. You could have you and me talk about the NFL on a major network we will get ratings enough for somebody to pay us.

eventually you just become associated with sports and your value is your name not your talent. I’m sure Joe buck is very good but if they paid somebody else $25 million the same number of people would watch the Cowboys Packers game. The ex-president of ESPN, who by the way signed A lot of these deals is now the CEO of the podcast network I mentioned that was talking about Skip. He said absolutely none of these people move the needle.

They are just factored in cost of doing business because you’re expected to have names. But every change they ever made didn’t matter in the ratings. Skip on fs1 gets the national viewership of Hangin with Mr Cooper reruns but he’s a name.

The right to air and show highlights of games is all that generates income. No need to be a Skip level douche about it hiding your secret notes like anyone cares to steal your cliche repeated points.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2023, 12:54 PM
I think that's called being professional at your job. I'm not sure how that's weird at all. I guess that's why Skip's making so much - being a professional.

The other person in that interaction got a $50 million contract and heads a podcast a lot more popular than undisputed. I’m not sure there is much room to say being a dick of that type is the cause of success. Pat McAfee makes five times skip.

Skip yells about the cowboys, Lebron, and Tom Brady. It doesn’t take much more than that once someone gives you the platform. He obviously didn’t take the audience with him considering his nationwide audience is about that of a good sized neighborhood in New York.

He talks sports on a major network. Thats all the platform you need to get rich. Jim Rome was reported over 30 million a year at one point and I’m not sure I’ve seen his face since 2005.

Im Still Ballin
01-04-2023, 12:55 PM
The other person in that interaction got a $50 million contract and heads a podcast a lot more popular than undisputed. I’m not sure theirs is much room to say being a dick of that type is the cause of success. Pat McAfee makes five times skip.

And Pat McAfee is good at what he does.

So what's the problem?

WhiteKyrie
01-04-2023, 12:57 PM
Agreed

ShawkFactory
01-04-2023, 01:00 PM
you mean like with Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Oprah Winfrey, Ellen Degeneres, Donald Trump, James Cameron, George Lucas, Stanley Kubrick, Quentin Tarantino, mark zuckerberg, steve jobs, Christian Bale

the best of the best are like that. thats how you assert dominance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hnKU40YL_k

I’m not talking about him asserting dominance by being forceful. It’s more about him being a sniveling weasel who will go behind the scenes to get someone’s pieces or air time removed if he doesn’t like you or you question him.

Sorry but he sounds more like Lebron than the guys you mentioned.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2023, 01:08 PM
this is just petty.. 379th rated show on tv? are you serious?

its a morning show on fox

try comparing them to other morning sports talk shows. not to primetime million dollar budget shows lmao

they're #2.. and not so much because of skip or shannon being irrelevant. its cause espn kills fox

if you switched stephen a smith with skip right now first take would continue being #1. maybe slightly less viewers but it wouldn't suddenly drop to 1/3rd of the viewers that stephen a smiths undisputed get lmao

That’s the point. You only know who he is because he used to be on ESPN and ESPN makes everybody on it famous, including many who left and have made much more than skip. He isn’t where he is due to hiding notes and being weird. He was on espn. Like several people with 50-100 million dollar empires. Bill Simmons flipped ESPN into like 150 million from Spotify.

It’s the machine not any of those individuals or their weird quirks. There is little in his non espn life(most of it) to suggest his style is gonna make him a big deal.

Hes a name because espn makes names. It doesn’t take being a dick to co workers or so many non ***** wouldn’t make a similar or greater come up.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2023, 01:25 PM
That’s just the thing. ESPN doesn’t need to create another skip. Skip left and the show he does gets a third of the ratings of the show he left because none of these people matter. They’re just whats on in the waiting room and what people who work second shift turn on when they wake up in the morning and half to pay attention to it as they wash clothes.

as I said, the actual president of ESPN, John, skipper who green lit half the shows has a sports business segment He does with a former baseball executive to talk sports business, and he made it very clear. None of them move the needle at all. In any way. they just give them the big money because it’s allocated from the corporate masters so it has to be spent or you get less allocated next year.

The difference between a big day with skip and Steven a both talking major cowboys news and a slow Tuesday is generally negligible. you get an uptick in clicks on the site when people want to see what Steven A or somebody came out with outfit wise or what they said when a guy they hate won a big game but you can’t hold it.

there isn’t a single person in all sports broadcasting who makes a discernible difference, and that includes Skip and Steven A, who both make incredible money for it.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2023, 01:49 PM
they didn't need to create another skip because they had the next best thing ( some would argue a better thing ) in stephen a smith

those 2 are 1 of 1's both in their own way. its like kobe and jordan. theres no others like them. if stephen a smith left first take that show would tank and they would be on the phone with skip begging him to come back

when i turn on first take and stephen A's not there i shut it off immediately. he's the show. debating sports between 2 randoms isn't the show

for one, they already asked skip to come back. Second, First Take doesn’t get good ratings either and the ratings absolutely do not support the salary that he makes. They get a half million viewers but pay him $10 million. It’s way way waaaaaay more than Undisputed but not enough to make back the money he costs.

The people who signed the deals know it. The ratings on individual shows aren’t where they get paid. They get paid the subscription fee they charge all cable services to carry ESPN in the first place. They live off 5 dollars a month that even non sports fans pay them to have espn in their tv packages. They’re like Netflix you can’t unsubscribe from without ditching the pay tv model. The money they make from a show like first take isn’t even a blip on the radar, and the person who helped produce and create the shows will tell you the same thing.

ESPN, constantly shits out downright titans of the industry. They like all the other networks and streaming services pay the people on the shows a lot of money, but not because the people individually make an impact. Guys calling games get paid three times skip Bayless salary and don’t add a single viewer.

Movie stars make or break movies. Sports announcers aren’t why people watch sports tv. They turn to the channel covering sports that has the rights to show highlights.

And they don’t even do that in great numbers. If ratings kept these companies afloat, they would all be out of business.

The dying pay TV models make the corporate masters so flush with cash they give them giant budgets but it’s coming to an end.

They’re gonna have to rebuild it from scratch. Once they can’t rely on 100 million cable bills paying them 5 bucks for espn and 2 bucks for espn 2 against their will we will see who really matters.

my TV is on ESPN when I turn it on in the morning no matter who is on it and that’s where most of their ratings come from not the few people who actually seek out one of these people to watch them daily. Special occasion maybe. The day to day?

Its just airport lounges, waiting rooms, and people washing dishes in the other room.

WhiteKyrie
01-04-2023, 03:23 PM
I'm embarrassed that people still have an inability to understand Skip's tweet and realize it is completely innocent.

That is honestly the most embarrassing thing.

So it is either intentionally used as an excuse for predominantly black athletes to go after Skip in cancel culture, because they never had the opportunity before. And there is very overt racism against him in this scenario.

Or it’s just predominantly really dumb meat head jocks, who didn’t understand the wording of what he said. It wasn’t even remotely insensitive. Fox sports didn’t find a need to cancel him or make him apologize or take down a tweet, so why is Shannon Sharpe having a period meltdown over it?

His job is to comment on sports. He literally said what are they gonna do, and even then, because of what just happened, it’s trivial and doesn’t matter in the overall scheme of things.

That was really cowardly on Shannon‘s part to go off script and try to low key passive aggressive attack Skip, props to Skip for going back at him and standing his ground not to be bullied. Immediately.

Let’s be honest, Shannon is mad at Skip because of the argument they had about Tom Brady, and how he said he’s far greater than Shannon Sharpe ever was on the football field. Shannon Sharpe, throw shade at Tom Brady consistently, but doesn’t do the same for say, LeBron James. Not near the same level of criticism. So what that tells me, is the obvious, something I’ve always known being a white athlete and predominately black, dominated sports, whether it’s football or basketball. They’re fragile, insecure ego, they can never admit when a white player is greater than them. Like they have distain for even admitting it.

It happened with Jerry West, it happened with Larry Bird, it’s happened for ages with Tom Brady, it’s also happening right now with Luka. He’s clearly the best player in basketball, yet all these black analysts find ways and reasons to nitpick him, that they don’t do for others, like LeBron, Giannis, Harden, Durant. It’s pathetic.

Fragile black athletic sensitivity, and overt racism. They’re mad at the best player in a black sport, is a white European who looks like Garth Brooks.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2023, 03:47 PM
Well, being someone who takes being hated for abhorrent behavior as a positive because all attention is good I can see how you would think people consistently calling skip an idiot is a point in his favor to you. But fact is when you take your talent to a new place and the massive jump you give them brings it to a third of your competitions ratings It’s clear who is who in the pecking order.

people don’t watch his show. May comment on Twitter or do what we are doing right now but that shit is not getting any viewers in. Not like there are 65 channels to split up the coverage. Just fs1 and espn. Most of the other shows are just radio and podcast shows with a camera in the room like cowherd not real TV shows made for TV. Theirs is a whole production and almost nobody watches it.

he did not bring the people from ESPN because he didn’t bring the people to ESPN. ESPN gets a segment of the population that just turns it on and let it sit in the background.

70 million people will watch the Packers play the Cowboys and then 180,000 of them want to see what Skip said about the game. And those people watch espn as well. They’re all just products of the sports they attach their names to they aren’t bringing anyone who isn’t already there.

literally nobody does. It’s just a matter of what percentage of 1% of the people who cared about the game will watch two minutes of an idiot yelling about it in the morning.

And I think that guy might be Will Kane with different hair than I remember. He’s one of yours. I think he built his ESPN persona up enough that he moved to Fox News and became hate it by the left. I think that’s him. Not sure though.

Proctor
01-04-2023, 04:43 PM
The fakkits that watch this type of shit are the same fakkits that watch superhero movies and wrestling. Who gives a ****?

Kblaze8855
01-04-2023, 04:44 PM
Who said he’s a nobody? I said people don’t watch the show. They don’t. That isn’t opinion. It’s not a very highly rated show. It’s a niche in an already niche segment of the population. Getting Internet clicks for being terrible isn’t the same thing as people watching your TV show. I don’t believe I’ve ever seen an episode start to finish, but some of those Twitter views are me because Twitter shows me everything going on in sports. And he was as usual, being hated for something people thought was terrible.

hes successful, and nobody denied that, but he’s one of a whole lot of millionaire leeches many of whom generate far far far more money and are getting paid in massive deals for their content without being deplorable or having the so-called professionalism several of you have suggested is the reason for his success. The reason for his success is simple. he’s an over the top annoying jack ass who was made a star by ESPN.

I think his original notoriety was calling aikman gay. He knows how to get people upset. I can see how you would respect it…but it’s clear espn did the heavy lifting. They’re ESPN if he’s never there. Minus espn you wouldn’t know who he was.

Like I said Jim Rome left espn and peaked around 32 million a year which is 4 times skip. I don’t even know what he was doing to make it but espn puts you in front of a giant audience and makes you a somebody.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2023, 04:51 PM
Anyway that’s enough on that subject. I’m just wondering who they bring in if Shannon doesn’t extend his deal that’s expiring. Almost has to be a cocky black guy. That’s his whole thing. Shannon is big enough to go wherever. He’d be better than a lot of the people on espn right now.

Patrick Chewing
01-04-2023, 04:56 PM
That is honestly the most embarrassing thing.

So it is either intentionally used as an excuse for predominantly black athletes to go after Skip in cancel culture, because they never had the opportunity before. And there is very overt racism against him in this scenario.

Or it’s just predominantly really dumb meat head jocks, who didn’t understand the wording of what he said. It wasn’t even remotely insensitive. Fox sports didn’t find a need to cancel him or make him apologize or take down a tweet, so why is Shannon Sharpe having a period meltdown over it?

His job is to comment on sports. He literally said what are they gonna do, and even then, because of what just happened, it’s trivial and doesn’t matter in the overall scheme of things.

That was really cowardly on Shannon‘s part to go off script and try to low key passive aggressive attack Skip, props to Skip for going back at him and standing his ground not to be bullied. Immediately.

Let’s be honest, Shannon is mad at Skip because of the argument they had about Tom Brady, and how he said he’s far greater than Shannon Sharpe ever was on the football field. Shannon Sharpe, throw shade at Tom Brady consistently, but doesn’t do the same for say, LeBron James. Not near the same level of criticism. So what that tells me, is the obvious, something I’ve always known being a white athlete and predominately black, dominated sports, whether it’s football or basketball. They’re fragile, insecure ego, they can never admit when a white player is greater than them. Like they have distain for even admitting it.

It happened with Jerry West, it happened with Larry Bird, it’s happened for ages with Tom Brady, it’s also happening right now with Luka. He’s clearly the best player in basketball, yet all these black analysts find ways and reasons to nitpick him, that they don’t do for others, like LeBron, Giannis, Harden, Durant. It’s pathetic.

Fragile black athletic sensitivity, and overt racism. They’re mad at the best player in a black sport, is a white European who looks like Garth Brooks.

Definitely a combination of anti-White racists and just dumb people in general. I saw plenty of White people rail against Skip for his tweet and you could tell these are the dumb jock types or the kind of White people who worship at the altar of George Floyd. So anything that is perceived to be an affront to a person of color by a White person needs to be automatically shut down and condemned and with extreme prejudice. These people were coming for Skip's job. So many people want him fired. And then, when the dust settled a bit, because these people are incapable of self-reflection, they moved the goal posts and started using the excuse that Skip's tweet was "insensitive" or it was "poorly worded". :oldlol:

I don't blame other countries for laughing and mocking the United States for how stupid a country we have become.

https://img.ifunny.co/images/95e88c43e5293427bc4c73215d4c55d0ca2e22ced737c3fb43 ad61da2a371d74_1.jpg

bison
01-04-2023, 05:00 PM
Skip never said they should had continued the game. Just asked what the league would do in that situation. The reactions to his tweet is so bizarre, but here's the thing: why didn't they continue the game? I've seen dudes get paralyzed, legs broken and the game always goes on. They let the game continue when Reggie Lewis collapsed on the court. If Skip had said what he said 10 years ago, no one would have batted an eye. But social media has introduced this new social psychology where it's so important to signal how serious and urgent and calamitous every thing is (think COVID), and if you don't participate in this mass hysteria then you are labelled as evil and uncaring. Can't continue an important game with playoff recommendations because we have to recognize how serious and tragic one player's injury on the field is :rolleyes:

Spurs m8
01-04-2023, 05:00 PM
The fakkits that watch this type of shit are the same fakkits that watch superhero movies and wrestling. Who gives a ****?

Exactly

Imagine watching this shit and then also caring enough to make a thread

Sounds like a little b1tch in a school yard....its so fvcking pathetic

Then again.. look who started the thread..

1987_Lakers
01-04-2023, 05:04 PM
Exactly

Imagine watching this shit and then also caring enough to make a thread

Sounds like a little b1tch in a school yard....its so fvcking pathetic

Then again.. look who started the thread..

Imagine "not caring" but then posting in the thread.

You're a hypocrite Kawhi_m8 aka Derozen_M8

bison
01-04-2023, 05:05 PM
aka rent_free_m8

1987_Lakers
01-04-2023, 05:18 PM
Skip never said they should had continued the game. Just asked what the league would do in that situation. The reactions to his tweet is so bizarre, but here's the thing: why didn't they continue the game? I've seen dudes get paralyzed, legs broken and the game always goes on. They let the game continue when Reggie Lewis collapsed on the court. If Skip had said what he said 10 years ago, no one would have batted an eye. But social media has introduced this new social psychology where it's so important to signal how serious and urgent and calamitous every thing is (think COVID), and if you don't participate in this mass hysteria then you are labelled as evil and uncaring. Can't continue an important game with playoff recommendations because we have to recognize how serious and tragic one player's injury on the field is :rolleyes:

Jack Tatum paralyzed a player and they continued to play. We live in a different time though, for better or worse. I don't have that much of an issue with the game being stopped, (even though I have Burrow & Diggs in my fantasy team who is currently in the championship game), but I do feel people overreacted to Skip's tweet.

Patrick Chewing
01-04-2023, 05:20 PM

I wondered the same thing too. I can only chalk this up to we are a weaker generation. Embarrassingly weak. American society today is addicted to the thoughts and prayers and the emojis and to the IG pictures and hashtags. The guy is alive. But it's almost as if the world stopped. I don't get it. The pussification of America and sports. The game is virtually canceled all together with no thoughts of making it up. Sooooo stupid. :lol

hold this L
01-04-2023, 05:20 PM
being a villain in the entertainment industry isn't a bad thing. the fight between good and evil drives most great story telling. if you think skip cares about people hating him then you obviously don't understand what makes compelling drama. that's what debate shows are. drama. being polarizing can get you the highest position in the United states. it's definitely not a bad thing. ask Donald trump

and people DO watch his show. they just watch it after the fact cause people are either busy or sleeping in when the shows on. most people just check a Twitter or YouTube clip of him. you need to stop going by tv ratings. it's such a low IQ take. does this look like the tweet of some average nobody

https://i.ibb.co/VTFtf1R/Screenshot-20230104-151855-Twitter.jpg

That cannot be right. His tweet was seen 163 million times? :D

Patrick Chewing
01-04-2023, 05:24 PM
Jack Tatum paralyzed a player and they continued to play. We live in a different time though, for better or worse. I don't have that much of an issue with the game being stopped, (even though I have Burrow & Diggs in my fantasy team who is currently in the championship game), but I do feel people overreacted to Skip's tweet.

Owen Hart fell from the rafters and broke his neck and died in front of millions and the PPV went on. I see sports players and sports fans moving away from the factual mantra that sports "is a business" and turning it into something that it isn't. You can still mourn and send your regards after the fact, but sports still remains a business.

Spurs m8
01-04-2023, 06:07 PM
aka rent_free_m8

Let me guess...he was fuming he got called out for being pathetic?

Always rent free with this guy

Kblaze8855
01-04-2023, 06:16 PM
you keep bringing up tv ratings. an average of 1.6 million people watch basketball games.

are there 1.6 million fans of basketball

the estimate worldwide is 400 million

https://i.ibb.co/pfm1RZq/Screenshot-20230104-160115-Google.jpg

most of the time people tune in when something crazy happens with their favorite team or player and they wanna see what Skip will say about it. so they might only tune in once a week or 2. and like I said people are mostly watching these things on demand/pre recorded and skipping most of the show ti get to what they want. none of this translates to ratings but the cable companies know what's going on
the money has to be coming from somewhere

I told you where the money is from. Subscriber fees. And companies like Disney and fox who have channels you can’t afford to lose(espn and Fox News) can bully you into paying higher fees for the channels that don’t actually turn a profit traditionally.

The channels that aren’t worth a damn just get tied into mandatory packages to get the ones you need. That’s how you get 6 bs channels you don’t watch all on the backs of Comedy Central. Then the cable company has to pay for all of them.

Espn was making 8 billion a year in subscriber fees independent of any ad revenue.

The whole game is to force one network to be so indispensable to cable they take 3 others and pay you for all 4 out of 150 million cable bills.

You don’t need all the shows to get viewers which is why:

On May 25 the Bayless-led Undisputed drew 87,000 viewers.
Same/day slot: A 1993 episode of Roseanne drew 93,000 on CMT.

Can still get paid. Take it international and you have even more homes paying you and not even knowing it.

Like I said it’s coming to an end but sports is the only thing keeping it alive.

When the old model dies and ratings pay the bills we will see what the networks do. I don’t know what the lineup will have to be but neither espn or fox have it now.

1987_Lakers
01-04-2023, 06:17 PM
Let me guess...he was fuming he got called out for being pathetic?

Always rent free with this guy

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?506597-Stupidest-poster-when-it-comes-to-the-NBA

Remember when you made a thread calling a random poster stupid because he said Oubre > Klay while not realizing that poster was just mimicking 3ball, who originally said Oubre > Klay. A poster who you idolize.

You are literally the dumbest poster here.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2023, 06:41 PM
And the worst anyone is gonna do is just smellier shit than his brand. Fox sports just paid Brady 375 million for ten years effective the day he retires. I suppose they think Brady will move the needle because nobody working there now does it. History suggests nobody will but I guess they are building for the post cable world, where ratings might actually matter since ad money will be key instead of gravy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they stick Brady next to skip now and then to try to close that gap.

tontoz
01-04-2023, 06:51 PM
I am sure Brady would flip out at the suggestion of working with Skip.

I can't listen to Skip, he's just too much of a tool, but I don't see the problem with his tweet.

warriorfan
01-04-2023, 06:52 PM
brady and skip wouldn’t work

Wally450
01-04-2023, 07:06 PM
Was just listening to a couple dust ups they had on the radio, and heard that their relationship is pretty much at the lowest it can be at this point.

I don't see it lasting much longer.

Real Men Wear Green
01-04-2023, 08:32 PM
Bayless has always been an ass and I can understand being generally sick of him but this tweet in itself isn't that bad. What it is cold. Addressing the topic of playoff ramifications of the game not being played while Hamlin's life hands in the balance makes him seem like he doesn't care about Hamlin (I don't think he does). But business is a cold thing and you can be sure that the NFL bosses were huddled up asking what they were going to do because that game has (had?) Playoff implications. The league executives are without a doubt quietly having this conversation and I won't condemn them for it because of I was one of them I would be doing my job, no disrespect to Hamlin. What makes Bayless different is that he unrepentantly dives into this discussion publicly either because he is genuinely curious and has no filter or he's a genuine asshole that will do whatever it takes to get attention.

Either way I have to wonder if Sharpe is truly offended or just acting. I suppose I believe his outrage is real but he has to know that before ESPN Bayless main claim to fame was speculating on Troy Aikman's sexuality. The guy lives for the controversy and courts hate intentionally and has been that way for decades.

But Sharpe could be sick of this and wanting to move on to more meaningful sports journalism.

Kblaze8855
01-04-2023, 09:03 PM
I am sure Brady would flip out at the suggestion of working with Skip.

I can't listen to Skip, he's just too much of a tool, but I don't see the problem with his tweet.

Im not the pro management guy in most cases but…if I pay you 375 million I think I should be able to have you appear on my flagship cable sports show.

They have to plan to give him more to do than fox pregame shows right?

People would tune in to see how it goes I’m sure. They may not stay but they would check for it.

Manny98
01-04-2023, 09:07 PM
Skips tweet wasn’t poorly worded, it was poorly received, and understood by a bunch of meatheads

This

guy
01-05-2023, 10:30 AM
I've seen some posts bringing up race. Why? A white person can be an a**hole towards a black person without it being about race. At the same time, a black person can accuse a white person of being an a**hole without them believing that person is racist.

guy
01-05-2023, 10:36 AM
Bayless has always been an ass and I can understand being generally sick of him but this tweet in itself isn't that bad. What it is cold. Addressing the topic of playoff ramifications of the game not being played while Hamlin's life hands in the balance makes him seem like he doesn't care about Hamlin (I don't think he does). But business is a cold thing and you can be sure that the NFL bosses were huddled up asking what they were going to do because that game has (had?) Playoff implications. The league executives are without a doubt quietly having this conversation and I won't condemn them for it because of I was one of them I would be doing my job, no disrespect to Hamlin. What makes Bayless different is that he unrepentantly dives into this discussion publicly either because he is genuinely curious and has no filter or he's a genuine asshole that will do whatever it takes to get attention.

Either way I have to wonder if Sharpe is truly offended or just acting. I suppose I believe his outrage is real but he has to know that before ESPN Bayless main claim to fame was speculating on Troy Aikman's sexuality. The guy lives for the controversy and courts hate intentionally and has been that way for decades.

But Sharpe could be sick of this and wanting to move on to more meaningful sports journalism.

It wasn't that bad. But this is what happens when you've built your rep by being an a**hole living off polarizing takes, so it comes with the territory. I guarantee if this was Dan Patrick or Max Kellerman, people probably wouldn't have cared. Similar to Kyrie - if Demar Derozan posted that amazon link, people probably don't care as much.

This is the same guy a few years ago that basically said Dak Prescott can't be depressed over his brother's suicide if he's going to take on a role as important as the Cowboys' starting QB. Of course people are going to be less likely to give him the benefit of the doubt and blast him when they get the chance.

WhiteKyrie
01-05-2023, 08:49 PM
I've seen some posts bringing up race. Why? A white person can be an a**hole towards a black person without it being about race. At the same time, a black person can accuse a white person of being an a**hole without them believing that person is racist.
Shannon has called Skip publicly Trump before in an effort to throw shade on air on a television debate, as cowardly as that is, because to the layman retard that equates to being demonstrative and racist. When in reality, Shannon is the racist. Can’t handle Tom Brady was the better and much more impactful football player than himself :oldlol: dude is pathetic

kawhileonard2
01-06-2023, 01:53 AM
brady and skip wouldn’t work

They would agree on everything. Skip needs a black guy with him like Stephen A or Shannon.

Real Men Wear Green
01-06-2023, 07:35 AM
They would agree on everything. Skip needs a black guy with him like Stephen A or Shannon.
They absolutely would not. Brady is very careful about his public statements and the furthest thing from being a shock jock. Do you think all white men just agree on everything?