PDA

View Full Version : There are so many legit NBA MVP candidates this season

Street Hunger
01-04-2023, 06:58 AM
Who deserves NBA MVP if the season ended today?

John8204
01-04-2023, 07:23 AM
1. Luka
2. Tatum
3. Giannis

But it really could be anyone this season...All-Star selections are going to be interesting

hold this L
01-04-2023, 07:52 AM
Jokic is the clear cut MVP right now, only reason he wouldn't get it is voter fatigue and.. super low BBIQ.

Full Court
01-04-2023, 07:53 AM
If the season ended today, Jokic.

John8204
01-04-2023, 08:44 AM
Jokic is the clear cut MVP right now, only reason he wouldn't get it is voter fatigue and.. super low BBIQ.

You can't give a guy a third MVP without even making the finals

AlternativeAcc.
01-04-2023, 09:12 AM
1. Luka
2. Tatum
3. Giannis

But it really could be anyone this season...All-Star selections are going to be interesting
Tatum? :facepalm:facepalm

Durant scores the same on much higher efficiency, more assists, and better defensively.

Same record with much worse cast.

Tatum?

tontoz
01-04-2023, 09:22 AM
In no particular order i would say the top 6 candidates are:

Luka
Jokic
Durant
Embiid
Tatum
Giannis

I doubt anyone outside these 6 has a legit shot to win.

John8204
01-04-2023, 10:22 AM
Tatum? :facepalm:facepalm

Durant scores the same on much higher efficiency, more assists, and better defensively.

Same record with much worse cast.

Tatum?

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/mvp/

Cool put money on Durant's he's fifth in odds, Tatum is tied for second

FultzNationRISE
01-04-2023, 11:20 AM
Ummm, Ill take LeLeaderOfMen thank you very much.

Manny98
01-04-2023, 11:34 AM
1. Luka
2. Tatum
3. Giannis

You're legitimately the dumbest poster on this site or is it your gimmick to make dumb posts I'm guessing :facepalm

pandiani17
01-04-2023, 12:48 PM
As you guys mentioned, there is not just one big candidate yet. There are several, and I think it will depend on the level of play they show in the reminder of the season and their team's final record. Durant can be the dark horse, if the Nets win +50 games I think he deserves that MVP trophy.

bison
01-04-2023, 02:40 PM
If lakers make the playoffs, lebron and AD should be the NBA’s first co-MVPs :rockon:

hold this L
01-04-2023, 02:56 PM
You can't give a guy a third MVP without even making the finals

And this is a perfect example of what I just said, super low BBIQ. Or in John's case, overall IQ as well.

NBAGOAT
01-04-2023, 03:09 PM
lukas is up there with jokic now. The advanced stats are up there as is the team record(mavs have a better srs than the nuggets). you can argue about who has better help right now actually but jokic's help certainly has a higher ceiling and has a better narrative

John8204
01-04-2023, 03:10 PM
And this is a perfect example of what I just said, super low BBIQ. Or in John's case, overall IQ as well.

I must have a low IQ because I don't insult other people who have an opinion (one backed by the odds). But we'll see later on in the year...last time Manny called me dumb it was over The Kings and they are the #5 seed right now.

hold this L
01-04-2023, 05:11 PM
I must have a low IQ because I don't insult other people who have an opinion (one backed by the odds). But we'll see later on in the year...last time Manny called me dumb it was over The Kings and they are the #5 seed right now.
Vegas odds? because otherwise MVP rankings have Jokic #1.
https://www.nba.com/news/kia-mvp-ladder-dec-30-2022-edition

NBA ref has him #1.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/mvp.html

and his impact when he plays vs when he doesn't is significantly better than anyone on your top 3 list.
+10 on, -15 off

Luka
+5.5 on, -.5 off

Tatum
+8 on, -3 off

Giannis
+3 on, -1 off

You on the other hand, somehow managed to not even have him in the top 3. :facepalm

RRR3
01-04-2023, 05:14 PM
+25 on/off is batshit. Peak LeBron/peak Curry stuff. Even better actually.

hold this L
01-04-2023, 05:16 PM
+25 on/off is batshit. Peak LeBron/peak Curry stuff. Even better actually.
That's the shocking thing. He's basically having the on/off type of impact for 3 straight seasons that only those 2 guys have had which at best, all time greats do it once in their careers. :applause:

RRR3
01-04-2023, 05:18 PM
That's the shocking thing. He's basically having the on/off type of impact for 3 straight seasons that only those 2 guys have had which at best, all time greats do it once in their careers. :applause:
People don’t realize how good he is. He should absolutely win again but he probably won’t because reasons. They wouldn’t let MJ or LeBron win 3 in a row either (tbh he might have if he didn’t join Miami tho).

hold this L
01-04-2023, 05:22 PM
Bron didn't deserve in 2011 though, Bulls had a crazy good record that year. With that team, everyone thought Miami would have done much better in the RS. You can't even put down Jokic's record now since they are around the top of the league.

Jokic's on/off the last two seasons are basically prime Bron/Steph which is absurd on top of grabbing the stats.

tontoz
01-04-2023, 05:46 PM
If Jokic is in a close race with someone else at the end of the season my guess is that the other guy wins.

Axe
01-04-2023, 07:10 PM
Joker.

AlternativeAcc.
01-04-2023, 07:28 PM
Every moron and their dog is talking about voter fatigue and Joker not being able to 3 peat. What does that mean? It means he'll win again if he's the clear winner like the last 2 years. The voter fatigue thing is too big of a headline and will be planted in the voters head, and they're far less likely to actually be victims of that.

Sure if someone's neck and neck with joker, they'll probably vote for the other guy. But if Joker has a gap like other years he's gonna win again.

ShawkFactory
01-04-2023, 07:39 PM
Every moron and their dog is talking about voter fatigue and Joker not being able to 3 peat. What does that mean? It means he'll win again if he's the clear winner like the last 2 years. The voter fatigue thing is too big of a headline and will be planted in the voters head, and they're far less likely to actually be victims of that.

Sure if someone's neck and neck with joker, they'll probably vote for the other guy. But if Joker has a gap like other years he's gonna win again.

This is the only scenario where voter fatigue actually applies. If he goes on like this and the Nuggets are the top seed in the West then he's the MVP.

AlternativeAcc.
01-04-2023, 07:47 PM
This is the only scenario where voter fatigue actually applies. If he goes on like this and the Nuggets are the top seed in the West then he's the MVP.

But what if Luka continues like he's playing and Dallas is 2 seed

Jokic is auto MVP?

Neck and neck means its a toss-up so hard to blame voter fatigue

iamgine
01-04-2023, 08:24 PM
Jokic is currently the clear candidate, followed closely by Luka.

I don't think anyone else is even close.

FultzNationRISE
01-04-2023, 09:53 PM
Jokic is currently the clear candidate, followed closely by Luka.

I don't think anyone else is even close.

Greek is clearly in the mix putting up 33 and 12 with elite defense.

Even tho I hate the idea of calling a guy whose skills are so clumsy the MVP, impact is what the award is about. And Giannis has a case as good as anyone not named Joker.

hold this L
01-05-2023, 11:03 AM
Greek is clearly in the mix putting up 33 and 12 with elite defense.

Even tho I hate the idea of calling a guy whose skills are so clumsy the MVP, impact is what the award is about. And Giannis has a case as good as anyone not named Joker.

KD should be up there as well now though, the Nets have been flying for weeks now.

dankok8
01-05-2023, 06:22 PM
I would probably go with KD or Luka right now. My boy Jokic already got two.

BigShotBob
01-05-2023, 07:45 PM
Only reason I wouldn't give it to Jokic over KD aside from defense supposedly not mattering anymore for some reason, is that the Nets have a better record than the Nuggets even though the Nuggets are first in the West. In fact 3 teams in the East right now would be number 1 in the West.

Plus the way KD has righted the ship and changed the Nets's entire culture in about a month along with Jacque Vaughn displays a special kind of leadership.

ArbitraryWater
01-05-2023, 09:08 PM
i get that what jokic is doing is incredibe, but give it to someone else lol.

unless he is WAY better (which he isnt), give it to someone else.

it shouldnt be jokic 3 mvps and luka 0.

give luka his mvp award.

RRR3
01-05-2023, 11:18 PM
i get that what jokic is doing is incredibe, but give it to someone else lol.

unless he is WAY better (which he isnt), give it to someone else.

it shouldnt be jokic 3 mvps and luka 0.

give luka his mvp award.
Luka should start being better than Jokic then.