PDA

View Full Version : Arguments you’ve seen that you just don’t care about.

Kblaze8855
01-10-2023, 06:38 PM
Yes, I’m asking you to tell me something you don’t care about when you see people argue it. Arguments that other people might feel passionately about but when you make the comparison they make you don’t see why they’re so upset. Maybe better to call it your too close to call positions that other people feel are obvious. Inspired by a neighboring argument about Paul George versus Jaylen Brown, that I intended to involve myself in but couldn’t come up with a sincere enough take because I find the difference too negligible to argue.

For me?

Depending on the day I could accept either answer for any of the following:

LeBron versus Kobe
Shaq vs Hakeem
Steph vs KD
Russell/Wilt/Hakeem

Things like that where people are often dead set on their take but you personally don’t see the big difference.

you give me any of those takes from any angle and wow I may broadly disagree it isn’t a “All those who deny it are my foes. They’ll bend the knee or I’ll destroy them” kinda thing. I can move on and not argue with you over it.

Give me some of yours. You might even feel the answer is clear, but the difference isn’t such that they must be in the knee or you’ll marshal all available forces to go on the attack.

SouBeachTalents
01-10-2023, 06:48 PM
I've always felt that way about Dirk/KG. Same era, but two vastly different players, and a comparison I always felt I could see both arguments for.

Kblaze8855
01-10-2023, 06:50 PM
The most obvious one is oddly enough one I might’ve heard the most in my pre internet life. Bird vs Magic.

I am fairly set in my opinion Bird is better but I don’t think the difference is enough to fight with you over it.

that said another one I heard a lot of is Barkley and Malone, and while they aren’t separated by miles, I will probably gather my forces to fight on behalf of Barkley in his prime being the better player.

Kblaze8855
01-10-2023, 06:52 PM
I've always felt that way about Dirk/KG. Same era, but two vastly different players, and a comparison I always felt I could see both arguments for.

That’s one I got sucked into many times due to the ever present “And it’s not even close” aspect of internet discussion.

Its pretty much always close when someone says that and it just rubs me wrong.

Kblaze8855
01-10-2023, 07:04 PM
OP spent the last 20 years of his life moderating insidehoops and never cared about lebron vs kobe

https://i.ibb.co/TMgFQXh/the-simpsons-ruined-your-life.gif

Your alt count must be nearing 50 at this point, right? If you have the logins saved on your phone I’d hate to see the drop-down list to select which one to use at any given moment.

Full Court
01-10-2023, 07:04 PM
Doc Rivers vs. Tyronn Lue. Their coaching skills are too close to call as far as I'm concerned.

Axe
01-10-2023, 07:06 PM
Your alt count must be nearing 50 at this point, right? If you have the logins saved on your phone I’d hate to see the drop-down list to select which one to use at any given moment.
:lebronamazed:

RRR3
01-10-2023, 07:19 PM
:roll:

ShawkFactory
01-10-2023, 07:29 PM
That's the thing about people picking a side and aggressively going after it. It's always too close to actually make a determination, usually both guys play the game differently, and it's 100% a waste of time.

I have no interest in discussing Kobe vs Lebron or Magic vs Bird. And I'm uninterested in discussing these guys with their hardcore fans in any capacity. If we could all just accept that no one wins and move on and talk about Jokic, Giannis, Luka, etc. then I'd be good.

Full Court
01-10-2023, 07:32 PM
That's the thing about people picking a side and aggressively going after it. It's always too close to actually make a determination, usually both guys play the game differently, and it's 100% a waste of time.

I have no interest in discussing Kobe vs Lebron or Magic vs Bird. And I'm uninterested in discussing these guys with their hardcore fans in any capacity. If we could all just accept that no one wins and move on and talk about Jokic, Giannis, Luka, etc. then I'd be good.

Different people like debating different things. If you have no interest in discussing it, you don't have to. I don't understand getting bothered by it.

Axe
01-10-2023, 07:32 PM
I only use one account at a time. I delete whatever one's I used prior
Liar.

ShawkFactory
01-10-2023, 07:33 PM
Different people like debating different things. If you have no interest in discussing it, you don't have to. I don't understand getting bothered by it.

When did I say that? I don't get bothered by the discussion itself. Obviously it's easy to ignore.

But when certain people can only talk about that, regardless of the conversation? It gets irritating, yea.

RRR3
01-10-2023, 07:33 PM
I only use one account at a time because I get banned constantly.
Fixed.

ShawkFactory
01-10-2023, 07:53 PM
I only use one account at a time. I delete whatever one's I used prior

Why? I don't understand the point of having multiple accounts active at the same time if you're saying the same things on all of them. Seems like more work that it's worth.

Then again I'm probably not as bored as you are day to day so I guess I get it.