PDA

View Full Version : A perfectly good show on Amazon RUINED by the infusion of gay characters

Patrick Chewing
01-16-2023, 12:48 PM
There's a new Amazon Original show called The Rig on Prime right now and it's pretty decent. It deals with an oil rig that starts to go haywire when they mistakenly drill up some sort of ancient bacteria that emits this fog and eventually some of the oil rig workers start going crazy. It's more Sci-Fi and Drama than Horror. It has a decent cast of hard asses and several actors who were on GOT. But as sure as shit as the day is long, Hollywood has to check off all the boxes and get that quota of LGBTQ nonsense in. And again, I want to reiterate for the LGBTQ Nazis of the board: It's not the fact that there are gay characters, it's the fact that they have to let you know that they're gay, and it's the way in which they let you know.

To make a long story short, here is the scene in question (use your imagination):

This big burly Black dude that looks like a pro wrestler is on a rig full of hard asses in a position that only big burly men would probably apply for, but for some odd reason, there are several twinks that apply to be on a oil rig. So he's on his rig during this emergency, and an emergency boat from a neighboring rig drives over to the rig that he's in, and the last passenger to get out is this tiny looking Indian dude, and in the middle of all the rain, the waves, the night, the danger, they have this little gay moment where they smile at each other, just to let the audience know, "Heyyyyyy we're gayyyyyyyyy yaaaaaaasssssss". Like, there's no time for this shit. The world is about to end. The rig is unstable, and there's some kind of fog that's killing us and turning the crew crazy. But nope, we have to pause everything around us so that the audience understands that the likelihood of gay men working on oil rigs is pretty commonplace.

:facepalm

Every new show nowadays has to make it a point to have a gay character, and what's worse, they have to make it a point to tell you they're gay.

highwhey
01-16-2023, 01:21 PM
I couldn’t even make it through ep1, show sucks.

Mayor of Kingstown is really good, Godafther of Harlem. Your Honor. All of these 3 shows just premiered their new season yesterday. Your Honor has Brian Cranston.

Patrick Chewing
01-16-2023, 01:33 PM
I couldn’t even make it through ep1, show sucks.

Mayor of Kingstown is really good, Godafther of Harlem. Your Honor. All of these 3 shows just premiered their new season yesterday. Your Honor has Brian Cranston.

MoK is great (Taylor Sheridan), so it's no surprise. Haven't seen Godfather of Harlem yet. Disappointed they canceled City on a Hill.

AlternativeAcc.
01-16-2023, 01:38 PM
Every new show I watch there's a disproportionate amount of black people and women in powerful/important positions. It's too hard to ignore.

Just got into Manifest on Netflix and it's the same shit. Decent show, but forced diversity takes you out of the realm of enjoying the show. You start questioning the casting and it takes away from it. Annoying

highwhey
01-16-2023, 01:39 PM
MoK is great (Taylor Sheridan), so it's no surprise. Haven't seen Godfather of Harlem yet. Disappointed they canceled City on a Hill.

Damn they canceled city on a hill? Wtf.

FKAri
01-16-2023, 01:59 PM
TV shows trying to tick as many boxes as they can for the most part but this might be a different case. Working in an isolated environment with a buncha men? Makes sense gay guys would be drawn to this kind of job. They probably have more gay people than the average population so maybe it's a thing. I have no problem with this kind of diversity stuff if there is a logic to it.

Off the Court
01-16-2023, 02:02 PM
Have you tried Little House on the Prairie?

ShawkFactory
01-16-2023, 02:45 PM
That’s not what ruined the show.

Overdrive
01-16-2023, 03:09 PM
There's a new Amazon Original show called The Rig on Prime right now and it's pretty decent. It deals with an oil rig that starts to go haywire when they mistakenly drill up some sort of ancient bacteria that emits this fog and eventually some of the oil rig workers start going crazy. It's more Sci-Fi and Drama than Horror. It has a decent cast of hard asses and several actors who were on GOT. But as sure as shit as the day is long, Hollywood has to check off all the boxes and get that quota of LGBTQ nonsense in. And again, I want to reiterate for the LGBTQ Nazis of the board: It's not the fact that there are gay characters, it's the fact that they have to let you know that they're gay, and it's the way in which they let you know.

To make a long story short, here is the scene in question (use your imagination):

This big burly Black dude that looks like a pro wrestler is on a rig full of hard asses in a position that only big burly men would probably apply for, but for some odd reason, there are several twinks that apply to be on a oil rig. So he's on his rig during this emergency, and an emergency boat from a neighboring rig drives over to the rig that he's in, and the last passenger to get out is this tiny looking Indian dude, and in the middle of all the rain, the waves, the night, the danger, they have this little gay moment where they smile at each other, just to let the audience know, "Heyyyyyy we're gayyyyyyyyy yaaaaaaasssssss". Like, there's no time for this shit. The world is about to end. The rig is unstable, and there's some kind of fog that's killing us and turning the crew crazy. But nope, we have to pause everything around us so that the audience understands that the likelihood of gay men working on oil rigs is pretty commonplace.

Every new show nowadays has to make it a point to have a gay character, and what's worse, they have to make it a point to tell you they're gay.

Judging by the lead up I thought it would be some sort of orgy while the oil platform burns down, but no it's a *** smiling at another that triggers you.

Patrick Chewing
01-16-2023, 03:47 PM
Judging by the lead up I thought it would be some sort of orgy while the oil platform burns down, but no it's a *** smiling at another that triggers you.

Hey, HEY! We don't call them ****. That's disrespectful. It's LGBTQZ.

Lakers Legend#32
01-16-2023, 04:12 PM
Have you tried Little House on the Prairie?

Has Poopsie tried The Waltons?

warriorfan
01-18-2023, 11:36 AM

lmao I actually watched that show and I thought the same thing. that shit was hella weird and out of place.

Patrick Chewing
01-18-2023, 11:53 AM
lmao I actually watched that show and I thought the same thing. that shit was hella weird and out of place.

Right??

It's just so cringe and out of place like you said. Had the rest of the crew gotten wind that big dude was gay, they would have thrown his ass and his twink lover overboard off the rig. It's just not real. It's forced homosexuality just for the sake of Wokeness.

TheMan
01-18-2023, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the heads up Chewster and warriorfan, I'll just go ahead and scratch that show from my must see TV list...