PDA

View Full Version : These days a player can score 50 and no one will care.

Real Men Wear Green
01-16-2023, 05:32 PM
In fact someone did today and there is no topic about it. I am not complaining by the way I get that these kinds of things have become too common. The question worth asking is if the game would be more popular if defenders had a level playing field? Because it's kind of weird that a player scoring 50 gets as much reaction as it doesn't. I don't like the idea of a meaningless record book but that's what we're going to have in about 10 years.

ArbitraryWater
01-16-2023, 05:36 PM
wait a minute, someone dropped FIDDY?!?

WHO

gotta put the kids to bed and check the highlights

Kblaze8855
01-16-2023, 05:49 PM
I’m usually more surprised to see nobody scored 50 when I start checking. Especially if there’s a high final score. I figured Dame had 50 the last couple games.

Lebron23
01-16-2023, 05:54 PM
In fact someone did today and there is no topic about it. I am not complaining by the way I get that these kinds of things have become too common. The question worth asking is if the game would be more popular if defenders had a level playing field? Because it's kind of weird that a player scoring 50 gets as much reaction as it doesn't. I don't like the idea of a meaningless record book but that's what we're going to have in about 10 years.

Airbonner made a thread about Tatum.

AirBonner
01-16-2023, 05:55 PM

Ayo! Sorry I didn’t post immediately

Real Men Wear Green
01-16-2023, 06:02 PM

This thread existed first and AirBonner is a Bron Stan alt.

Phoenix
01-16-2023, 06:29 PM
The last few days, I've actually gone onto youtube thinking 'so who scored 50 last night?' I do think there's a bit of 'can you top this' going on though, because this explosion has been over the past month or so and mostly by the names being tossed around for MVP.

Real Men Wear Green
01-16-2023, 06:35 PM
The last few days, I've actually gone onto youtube thinking 'so who scored 50 last night?' I do think there's a bit of 'can you top this' going on though, because this explosion has been over the past month or so and mostly by the names being tossed around for MVP.

I don't think Tatum is going out of good way to get huge nights but if he hit 37% of his threes he would average 40. If he chooses to be a career Celtic he will completely rewrite the scoring records and the only other name you will see will be "Jaylen Brown."

Axe
01-16-2023, 09:00 PM
If either simmons or gobert can score 50 in one game (tho very unlikely), then maybe that will attract some attention.

2much_knowledge
01-17-2023, 04:33 AM
Its no coincidence. In the mid 10s it was triplendoubles left and right and now, high scoring games. Coach Pop made a comment about this

RRR3
01-17-2023, 04:46 AM
I don't think Tatum is going out of good way to get huge nights but if he hit 37% of his threes he would average 40. If he chooses to be a career Celtic he will completely rewrite the scoring records and the only other name you will see will be "Jaylen Brown."
Not counting tonight’s game if he had been shooting 37% on 3s he would be at roughly 30.6 PPG so what on earth are you talking about with 40?

Real Men Wear Green
01-17-2023, 07:33 AM
Not counting tonight’s game if he had been shooting 37% on 3s he would be at roughly 30.6 PPG so what on earth are you talking about with 40?

Do you really have to take everything seriously?

AlternativeAcc.
01-17-2023, 12:28 PM

:roll:

Guy is genuinely not all there.

Patrick Chewing
01-17-2023, 12:32 PM
At this rate, I will laugh when someone from the next generation surpasses Lebron in total points.