PDA

View Full Version : What free agents should LA target in the offseason?

Im Still Ballin
01-17-2023, 10:32 AM
Some names:

- Jerami Grant
- Christian Wood
- Myles Turner
- Fred VanVleet (Player Option)
- Kristaps Porzingis (Player Option)
- Nikola Vucevic
- Kyle Kuzma (Player Option)
- Harrison Barnes
- Gary Trent Jr (Player Option)

I'd like any one of Grant, Wood, and Turner. All three fit well beside Davis. FVV would be ideal too. Maybe Wood for $20m per year and FVV for 25m per year. That covers Westbrook's expiring 47m salary.

ArbitraryWater
01-17-2023, 10:40 AM
how woud they possiby acquire Wood?

Real Men Wear Green
01-17-2023, 10:56 AM
If their goal is to seriously go after a championship they should blow the team up and rebuild. Being the Lakers they have the easiest time attracting stars but they will b need cap space and trade assets. Great as James is he will be 39 next season and any rebuilding around him is "win now" to potentially extreme long term detriment and he's no longer a top 3 player. They should accept a few years of losing (its what's happening anyway just with more Nationally televised games) and look to the future. The sooner they start rebuilding the sooner they can put a real contender together. Otherwise they will end up doing something dumb like forcing together a Gobert package for Zach Levine.

ArbitraryWater
01-17-2023, 11:27 AM
If their goal is to seriously go after a championship they should blow the team up and rebuild. Being the Lakers they have the easiest time attracting stars but they will b need cap space and trade assets. Great as James is he will be 39 next season and any rebuilding around him is "win now" to potentially extreme long term detriment and he's no longer a top 3 player. They should accept a few years of losing (its what's happening anyway just with more Nationally televised games) and look to the future. The sooner they start rebuilding the sooner they can put a real contender together. Otherwise they will end up doing something dumb like forcing together a Gobert package for Zach Levine.

:oldlol:

RMWG with another gem.

Real Men Wear Green
01-17-2023, 11:30 AM
:oldlol:

RMWG with another gem.
Last season they missed the playoffs. Right now they are 13th in their conference. The only reason I am not going to call you a dumb ass is that it's probably the smartest part of your body.

ArbitraryWater
01-17-2023, 11:52 AM
Last season they missed the playoffs. Right now they are 13th in their conference. The only reason I am not going to call you a dumb ass is that it's probably the smartest part of your body.

https://media.tenor.com/81rEv19_-3cAAAAd/what-confused.gif

bladefd
01-17-2023, 04:28 PM
Some names:

- Jerami Grant
- Christian Wood
- Myles Turner
- Nikola Vucevic
- Harrison Barnes

I'd like any one of Grant, Wood, and Turner. All three fit well beside Davis. FVV would be ideal too. Maybe Wood for $20m per year and FVV for 25m per year. That covers Westbrook's expiring 47m salary.

Not how it works lol. Lakers will have 42 mill to spend but that's without lonnie walker and reaves. Lakers will have to sign both first because we don't have lonnie's bird rights & reaves will want 10 mill (more than what we can pay him under bird rights). We will have to sign both first then use what is remaining to sign a role-player or two before mle becomes available.

NBAGOAT
01-17-2023, 04:39 PM
Not how it works lol. Lakers will have 42 mill to spend but that's without lonnie walker and reaves. Lakers will have to sign both first because we don't have lonnie's bird rights & reaves will want 10 mill (more than what we can pay him under bird rights). We will have to sign both first then use what is remaining to sign a role-player or two before mle becomes available.

you dont have to resign lonnie I think depending on other moves. Also op forgot middleton even though he's likely picking up his option

Spurs m8
01-17-2023, 05:40 PM

:roll:

Patrick Chewing
01-17-2023, 06:13 PM
Van Vleet and Turner would turn that team around for sure.

Full Court
01-17-2023, 06:45 PM

:roll:

RMWG is right though. If the Lakers want more than the possibility of being a contender for a single season, they should burn it down.

8Ball
01-17-2023, 08:07 PM
Some names:

- Jerami Grant
- Christian Wood
- Myles Turner
- Nikola Vucevic
- Harrison Barnes

Kyrie Irving and retain Westbrook off the bench for MLE.

Axe
01-17-2023, 08:21 PM
Wemby.

bladefd
01-17-2023, 09:59 PM
you dont have to resign lonnie I think depending on other moves. Also op forgot middleton even though he's likely picking up his option

Have to keep Reaves though. We can't afford to lose him too like we lost Caruso.

Lakers best bet is to trade the Brick & 1st for a role-player we can keep for a few years (hopefully a wing or sg).

bladefd
01-17-2023, 10:01 PM
Fred vanvleet blows btw. He is not better than Westbrook has been lately lol. It's a lateral move.