PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard vs. Bill Walton

Lebron23
01-18-2023, 09:27 PM
Who is the better player?? Who has the better NBA Career?? Kawhi Leonard is the modern day Bill Walton. A great player, but injured all the time.

I think Kawhi winning the nba championship in 2019 is better than Walton winning the nba championship in 1977.

John8204
01-19-2023, 07:57 AM
Who is the better player?? Who has the better NBA Career?? Kawhi Leonard is the modern day Bill Walton. A great player, but injured all the time.

I think Kawhi winning the nba championship in 2019 is better than Walton winning the nba championship in 1977.

Walton beat HOF contemporaries(Gilmore, Issel, Kareem, Dr. J) to get his ring, Kawhi lucked out with GS getting injured and a last second buzzer beater.

Both are outliers Kawhi is the better player based on rankings of his contemporaries and position. Walton has the better ring and the accolades but Leonard is the higher ranked player based on his position.

HoopologyPhD
01-19-2023, 11:50 AM
Walton is much better, had GOAT potential without injuries and put up some insane playoff performances including 20 points, 23 rebounds, 7 assists and 8 blocks to clinch the 1977 Finals.

Kawhi looked pretty pedestrian in the 2019 Finals but was pretty great in the playoffs before that.

red1
01-19-2023, 12:37 PM
kawhi is a bitch

gotta go Bill Walton here. a true legend.

getting_old
01-19-2023, 01:17 PM
no............

as a big fan (all the posters are framed and I always watch his loopy commentary from the Conference of Champions)

Bill gave us 3 years at the top of the college world, joined a garbage franchise team, won a title and was gonna win another and then it all fell apart. Watched and waited for his epic role for the 1986 C's. A big man who preferred the high posting attack and the passing and teamwork game.

Kawhi isn't comparable by size or role or career.

Bill was more admired, but Kawhi had the better career, Bill was more rare for his talent base but didn't meet his potential and would have with modern medical help....

A privilege to watch both of them;

Kawhi delivered a title to my Toronto also.

red1
01-19-2023, 01:21 PM
no............

as a big fan (all the posters are framed and I always watch his loopy commentary from the Conference of Champions)

Bill gave us 3 years at the top of the college world, joined a garbage franchise team, won a title and was gonna win another and then it all fell apart. Watched and waited for his epic role for the 1986 C's. A big man who preferred the high posting attack and the passing and teamwork game.

Kawhi isn't comparable by size or role or career.

Bill was more admired, but Kawhi had the better career, Bill was more rare for his talent base but didn't meet his potential and would have with modern medical help....

A privilege to watch both of them;

Kawhi delivered a title to my Toronto also.

he rested a third of the season when he was here

he was clutch as hell but we literally babied him every second of every day to get that out of him

I dont respect that

red1
01-19-2023, 01:22 PM
he has ZERO leadership qualities

literally zero. other than his elite play on the court obviously.

tontoz
01-19-2023, 01:55 PM
Walton was really injury prone. Kawhi has already played 130 more regular season games than Walton did his entire career.

FultzNationRISE
01-19-2023, 02:21 PM
Different position AND different eras, it's really hard to compare.

Kawhi in general has one of the toughest careers to evaluate. I think his actual peak level of impact has gotten a bit underrated because of all the time he's missed with injuries... and despite all the missed time he still somehow has two FMVP's with two different franchises. Which is very impressive. Yet how high can you rank a guy who's that flakey when it comes to being relied on by an organization?

It's also not really clear yet how much of his prime is currently left, if any. If he lights it up these playoffs and the Clippers go on a deep run it'll significantly change perception versus a first round flameout with a weak performance and/or another injury.

FultzNationRISE
01-19-2023, 02:26 PM
Walton was really injury prone. Kawhi has already played 130 more regular season games than Walton did his entire career.

True, altho that's not strictly about injuries. Walton played four years of college, Kawhi only two. But obviously Walton was injury prone in general.

Axe
01-19-2023, 02:59 PM
At least walton has a ring for the respective franchise that drafted him. That idiot troll bot jordansbulls (duncan21formvp/kawhileonard2) most likely isn't aware of this.

nayte
01-20-2023, 07:03 AM
he has ZERO leadership qualities

literally zero. other than his elite play on the court obviously.

Damn ungrateful shit lol