PDA

View Full Version : jokic just passed jordan in career bpm

hall of fame coach george karl from 9 days ago

“I’ve been watching Jokic for six seasons now. I think the best thing I can say about him is I still have no idea how I would cover him,” Karl said. “The two other times I’ve felt that was against Michael and Shaq.”

hall of fame center bill walton from 5 years ago

“When you see someone like a Nelson Mandela or a Martin Luther King or a Mahatma Gandhi, someone who sees the future before anyone else does, knows how to get to where they need to be, where they want to be, that is Nikola Jokic. Happiness begins when selfishness ends. In a game that has been taken over by incessant dribbling for yourself, Nikola Jokic is such a breath of fresh air. And it’s his imagination. Watching him play basketball is like watching Bob Dylan come up with a song.”

mahatma joker

https://i.ibb.co/NCPrsk5/FCTj-e-Ew-400x400.jpg

originally a dylan song but i always liked the hendrix cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLV4_xaYynY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKofnVkUwBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D_nJrQDyJI

Real Men Wear Green
01-20-2023, 07:11 AM
I wonder if Jordan even knows what bpm is?

nayte
01-20-2023, 07:21 AM
Probably not but Reddit had a bit more to add to this thread from where they got it from

I wonder if Jordan even knows what bpm is?

don't know

he owns an nba team

it's 2023

i'd say he probably either knows or someone who works for him does

Probably not but Reddit had a bit more to add to this thread from where they got it from

don't know if reddit got it from here

didn't even know reddit had a thread on it

rarely look at reddit

someone there said if you take out the wizards years jordan would be higher

part of the problem with that is if jordan won a championship with the wizards i doubt many of his biggest fans would say who cares

Real Men Wear Green
01-20-2023, 11:25 AM
don't know

he owns an nba team

it's 2023

i'd say he probably either knows or someone who works for him doesSomeone that works for him definitely does. But MJ is not sitting there doing all of these long math equations that result in a single number. Bet he's never even looked at it.

SouBeachTalents
01-20-2023, 11:28 AM
Someone that works for him definitely does. But MJ is not sitting there doing all of these long math equations that result in a single number. Bet he's never even looked at it.
Guess that explains why his team has sucked for 2 decades.

Real Men Wear Green
01-20-2023, 12:20 PM
That has more to do with being a "poor" billionaire in a not particularly good market. Jordan's whole time they're Lamelo Ball is the closest they have come to a superstar. Jordan and/or any other owner needs to clear out a ton of cap space and sign two or three superstars for the max. That's the modern formula. Jordanhas a history of not paying that kind of money so they have to do great in the draft. They haven't been especially stupid just cheap.

FultzNationRISE
01-20-2023, 12:57 PM
That has more to do with being a "poor" billionaire in a not particularly good market. Jordan's whole time they're Lamelo Ball is the closest they have come to a superstar. Jordan and/or any other owner needs to clear out a ton of cap space and sign two or three superstars for the max. That's the modern formula. Jordanhas a history of not paying that kind of money so they have to do great in the draft. They haven't been especially stupid just cheap.

No it doesnt you complete idiot :roll:

It has to do with drafting Sean May, Adam Morrison, Michael Kidd Gilchrist, Cody Zeller, Frank Kaminsky and so on with lottery picks.

Stupid ass.

Real Men Wear Green
01-20-2023, 01:19 PM
No it doesnt you complete idiot :roll:

It has to do with drafting Sean May, Adam Morrison, Michael Kidd Gilchrist, Cody Zeller, Frank Kaminsky and so on with lottery picks.

Stupid ass.

Well now you're just hurting my feelings. FYI every team has draft picks that don't work out. He has also brought in Kemba Walker and Lamelo Ball. Unfortunately their biggest FA signings aren't colluding superstars like James or is but instead Gordon Hayward and Terry Rozier. Their drafting isn't especially bad or good and they don't have the money or market to bring in superstars so they stay mediocre. Most teams are better than they have been but few teams actually have significant histories of winning.

RRR3
01-20-2023, 01:24 PM
:yaohappy:

SouBeachTalents
01-20-2023, 01:39 PM
Well now you're just hurting my feelings. FYI every team has draft picks that don't work out. He has also brought in Kemba Walker and Lamelo Ball. Unfortunately their biggest FA signings aren't colluding superstars like James or is but instead Gordon Hayward and Terry Rozier. Their drafting isn't especially bad or good and they don't have the money or market to bring in superstars so they stay mediocre. Most teams are better than they have been but few teams actually have significant histories of winning.
You telling me Milwaukee is a particularly great market? Memphis, Atlanta, Sacramento? I agree that yes, teams in these undesirable locations are going to have a big disadvantage in free agency. But c'mon, to not even win a single playoff series in 20 years, in the same East that was considered extremely weak during most of that time? That's just inexcusably bad.

When the Kings make the playoffs this year, the Hornets are going to have the longest playoff drought, the longest drought without winning a playoff series, and the 2nd longest drought without making the conference finals. That level of incompetence can't be a coincidence, it's clearly something with those running the organization.

1987_Lakers
01-20-2023, 01:40 PM
Every team has draft picks that don't work out, but MJ has whiffed on the lottery so many times it's not even funny.

Kwame Brown
Adam Morrison
Sean May
Frank Kaminsky
Cody Zeller
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Noah Vonleh

Most of these players were top 10 picks as well.

He also drafted Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, but traded him right away. :oldlol:

FultzNationRISE
01-20-2023, 01:48 PM

Yes it is. It's especially bad. So is their management of trades.

The Kings are on a roll with a guy they drafted (Fox) and three guys they traded for (Barnes, Huerter, and Sabonis) (aka Harry Red Fox Bone).

They didnt sign any flashy free agents.

Youre a fool.

Real Men Wear Green
01-20-2023, 01:49 PM
You telling me Milwaukee is a particularly great market? Memphis, Atlanta, Sacramento? I agree that yes, teams in these undesirable locations are going to have a big disadvantage in free agency. But c'mon, to not even win a single playoff series in 20 years, in the same East that was considered extremely weak during most of that time? That's just inexcusably bad.

When the Kings make the playoffs this year, the Hornets are going to have the longest playoff drought, the longest drought without winning a playoff series, and the 2nd longest drought without making the conference finals. That level of incompetence can't be a coincidence, it's clearly something with those running the organization.

Jordan has a history of not spending money. Can you think of a single player that they have handed the max to? A lot of teams in pro sports exist solely to make money without regard to winning. Charlie is one of them. The teams you compare them to on the other hand have handed out max contracts so they have more success. We'll that and Milwaukee was smarter or at least luckier than everyone else with Giannis.

Real Men Wear Green
01-20-2023, 01:54 PM
Yes it is. It's especially bad. So is their management of trades.

The Kings are on a roll with a guy they drafted (Fox) and three guys they traded for (Barnes, Huerter, and Sabonis aka Harry Red Bone).

They didnt sign any flashy free agents.

Youre a fool.

The Kings have done nothing since the days of Webber and Bibby. They could win a few playoff games this year but aren't going far in the postseason this year either.

Also they were willing to give Fox the max. Charlotte isn't like that, letting the Celtics sign Kemba walker away from them and accepting more losing for the sake of the bottom line.

You seem emotional. Something upset you?

FultzNationRISE
01-20-2023, 02:21 PM
The Kings have done nothing since the days of Webber and Bibby. They could win a few playoff games this year but aren't going far in the postseason this year either.

Also they were willing to give Fox the max. Charlotte isn't like that, letting the Celtics sign Kemba walker away from them and accepting more losing for the sake of the bottom line.

You seem emotional. Something upset you?

Lebron DIDNT ****ING COLLUDE

tontoz
01-20-2023, 02:31 PM
Every team has draft picks that don't work out, but MJ has whiffed on the lottery so many times it's not even funny.

Kwame Brown
Adam Morrison
Sean May
Frank Kaminsky
Cody Zeller
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
Noah Vonleh

Most of these players were top 10 picks as well.

He also drafted Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, but traded him right away. :oldlol:

Yeah it's pretty bad. Barkley called him on it years ago and MJ hasn't spoken to him since. They used to be tight.

Barkley says he is surrounded by yes men.

Someone that works for him definitely does. But MJ is not sitting there doing all of these long math equations that result in a single number. Bet he's never even looked at it.

either way jordan has 9 bpm titles which is more than anyone else