PDA

View Full Version : Third round of all star voting numbers are in

Full Court
01-19-2023, 11:10 PM
https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1616133394206687251?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fm2k3kgXwC4juJb?format=jpg&name=medium

Giannis has passed up KD for most votes in the East.

Austin Reaves has more votes than Devin Booker. :lol

John8204
01-20-2023, 12:26 AM
Jokic sixth in voting behind Lebron, Giannis, Durant, Curry and Luka

Phoenix
01-20-2023, 05:33 AM
There was a post here last week about Jaylen Brown getting outvoted by Harden. Looks like that's changed, at least for now...

it's a popularity contest

Real Men Wear Green
01-20-2023, 06:59 AM
There was a post here last week about Jaylen Brown getting outvoted by Harden. Looks like that's changed, at least for now...

Which is cool but he has barely over half of Irving's total so oh well, he won't be starting. I won't say that Irving's play doesn't merit an allstar berth but I do wonder if his high vote total has been boosted by support from people that like some of the controversial stances he's taken. He has a lot of haters as well of course but they can't take away from the votes he gets from those that appreciate his positions.

nayte
01-20-2023, 07:27 AM
Ehh the loudest on social media is still only a tiny percentage of the population.
Most really don't care about all that
He still is an exciting player to watch

Phoenix
01-20-2023, 07:39 AM
Which is cool but he has barely over half of Irving's total so oh well, he won't be starting. I won't say that Irving's play doesn't merit an allstar berth but I do wonder if his high vote total has been boosted by support from people that like some of the controversial stances he's taken. He has a lot of haters as well of course but they can't take away from the votes he gets from those that appreciate his positions.

The nature of Kyrie's game is gonna garner more votes, and he's a bigger name than Jayden( for reasons both good and bad). The thing is you sometimes have 3-4 guys who are worthy of fitting into 2 ( starter) spots. I think Kyrie as far as on-court performance warrants a starting spot this year, as does Mitchell. So does Jaylen, but it's the way these things go. The top 4 votegetters in the east frontcourt all deserve to start, someone is getting bumped ( probably Joel).

Personally I put more stock into all-stars getting voted in as a reserve anyway.

nayte
01-20-2023, 08:12 AM
Does all star really Matter any more.
Not being a dic just the game is pointless but I know contracts revolve around that

Phoenix
01-20-2023, 09:01 AM
Does all star really Matter any more.
Not being a dic just the game is pointless but I know contracts revolve around that

Honestly the last few I watched were basically 3point chuckfests and I think removing the east/west dynamic has taken away any sense of pride. I watched the 2001 all-star game a few months ago( the one where Maybury and Kobe were trading late game buckets) and the players balanced showcasing the 'style' you expect from the occassion with some level of competitive 'substance'. I think the entire weekend is boring now outside the 3point contest( of course I say this while complaining that the actual game has become just that).