PDA

View Full Version : Is the Harden-Embiid pick-and-roll the best in the NBA?

Im Still Ballin
01-20-2023, 04:14 AM
It feels like it. Might be the best PnR duo since... I don't know, Nash and Amar'e?

Other notable screen-and-roll tandems include Malone and Stockton (obviously) and D-Will and Boozer. CP3 and Blake were very good if I remember correctly. Did David West and CP3 run PnRs often in New Orleans?

The best PnR combos involve guards that can shoot, score, and pass; and bigs who can shoot and roll.

NBAGOAT
01-20-2023, 04:25 AM
murray/jokic has a chance once murray gets better but it's definitely harden embiid right now. Fox/sabonis is great but not in the conversation. Lebron/ad need to be healthy and lebron's maybe too old.

Harden and embiid is my best duo in the league. Lot of teams have talented duos but more often than not they're 2 guys who just take turns running the offense. harden and embiid make each other's life easier. They just need a better coach than doc and a better fitting roster. Their supporting cast should be defense focused instead of scorers like maxey and tobias and tucker's been a disappointing signing for morey

fourkicks44
01-20-2023, 08:26 AM
It's getting better.

They are starting to work it out and using it to the advantage of the team. They have half a season to perfect it now.

Harden drives in and draws the help and Joel just plants himself at the free throw line for the pass and for that jump shot he is so comfortable with

This week against the Jazz Joel got a jumper out of a pick and roll to win the game.

Props to Morey for getting the right players around them too. Melton is a far greater outside shooter than I ever knew, Tobias has completely adapted his game to be a perimeter scorer to fit next to Harden and George Niang is close to the best 3pt shooter in the game right now. Although I am expecting him to get JJ Redicked on defence in the playoffs. He needs to be in the 3 point competition at all star weekend.

It looks like the future success of the team is going to depend on the Embiid Harden pick and roll. Going to be interesting to see how far it takes them.

https://youtu.be/czSzzFO4Kgg

The ankle tweek running to the bench is funny af.