PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving gunning for the Max Contract

Lebron23
01-21-2023, 04:00 AM
https://scontent.fmnl4-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/326384233_6203210119703371_7813086795828062980_n.j pg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=uDWx6z97XfIAX9NGrFn&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl4-2.fna&oh=00_AfDmT2OhWM8FESosteBL7Bs5z2pswbcXwxSsyvFCkUqU Kg&oe=63D0D41C

PeroAntic
01-21-2023, 09:40 AM
He wont. Everybody knows hes a wacko at this point.

Real Men Wear Green
01-21-2023, 10:02 AM
If he behaves for the rest of the year someone will do it. Probably LA. I personally wouldn't want my team to max him for more than one season because once you hand him 4 guaranteed years he can start obeying his whims again but he doesn't have to convince me of his sincerity he just has to find one team trusting/desperate enough. Lakers will do it.

Manny98
01-21-2023, 12:05 PM
If he behaves for the rest of the year someone will do it. Probably LA. I personally wouldn't want my team to max him for more than one season because once you hand him 4 guaranteed years he can start obeying his whims again but he doesn't have to convince me of his sincerity he just has to find one team trusting/desperate enough. Lakers will do it.

Brooklyn will max him, he deserves it

Real Men Wear Green
01-21-2023, 12:08 PM
I hope they do but I suspect Joe Tsai has had enough. They didn't max him last summer what's changed why they would now?

Manny98
01-21-2023, 12:44 PM
I hope they do but I suspect Joe Tsai has had enough. They didn't max him last summer what's changed why they would now?

Kyrie has been drama free since Vaughn has been hired, he's proved himself otherwise he would have been traded by now

FultzNationRISE
01-21-2023, 01:02 PM

They might give him a two year contract for max dollars, which may be the best deal available. Nobody will max him for five years, probably not even the Lakers.

A lot will depend on the playoffs this year. If he gets hurt, underperforms, or spazzes out when it’s playoff time I think they will officially wave bye bye.

If they make a conference finals or farther I suspect they offer him a two year max. I def dont see them offering a deal that extends past what KD has left, even if their postseason is considered a success.

Real Men Wear Green
01-21-2023, 01:22 PM
Kyrie has been drama free since Vaughn has been hired, he's proved himself otherwise he would have been traded by now

He hasn't been traded because he's a pain in the ass. Same reason he couldn't get the max last summer. "Since Vaugn has been hired" is what, 3 weeks? Gee Kyrie thanks for not pissing off the anti-defamation league during hannukah. Here's 300million dollars feel free to take a month off to throw your wonderful sister a birthday party.

Manny98
01-21-2023, 01:42 PM
He hasn't been traded because he's a pain in the ass. Same reason he couldn't get the max last summer. "Since Vaugn has been hired" is what, 3 weeks? Gee Kyrie thanks for not pissing off the anti-defamation league during hannukah. Here's 300million dollars feel free to take a month off to throw your wonderful sister a birthday party.
We're the best team in the league when healthy, it would be stupid not to max him

Manny98
01-21-2023, 01:43 PM
They might give him a two year contract for max dollars, which may be the best deal available. Nobody will max him for five years, probably not even the Lakers.

A lot will depend on the playoffs this year. If he gets hurt, underperforms, or spazzes out when it’s playoff time I think they will officially wave bye bye.

If they make a conference finals or farther I suspect they offer him a two year max. I def dont see them offering a deal that extends past what KD has left, even if their postseason is considered a success.

Makes sense

Real Men Wear Green
01-21-2023, 01:49 PM
We're the best team in the league when healthy, it would be stupid not to max him

You need the history reviewed? Miss two wees without saying a word to his coach, take one season over the vaccine and then played badly vs. the Celtics and now this season managed to piss off the ADL. Also tried to sort the NBA's bubble. It's like you have no idea why he didn't get the max last off-season. After the Nets come up short again this playoffs you will continue to make excuses right up until he signs with the Lakers at which point you will act like you never wanted him to begin with.

sdot_thadon
01-21-2023, 01:58 PM

I agree someone will and he'll be great through the honeymoon phase, maybe even win a chip. But then the weird shit will start again and Kyrie will Kyrie. He's a guy I fully expect to walk away from the game still in his prime after some insane accomplishment just because.

bladefd
01-21-2023, 02:11 PM

Three year deal. Third year team option, max salary. Take it or leave it kyrie imo

Manny98
01-21-2023, 02:25 PM
You need the history reviewed? Miss two wees without saying a word to his coach, take one season over the vaccine and then played badly vs. the Celtics and now this season managed to piss off the ADL. Also tried to sort the NBA's bubble. It's like you have no idea why he didn't get the max last off-season. After the Nets come up short again this playoffs you will continue to make excuses right up until he signs with the Lakers at which point you will act like you never wanted him to begin with.
I know you hate Kyrie since you post about him more than your own team, but all what you said is the past which has been put behind the Nets

It's clear this team is focused purely on basketball and if the Nets have a good run in the playoffs this year they'll definitely resign Kyrie

All that extra baggage he comes with is worth how good of a player he is imo

Real Men Wear Green
01-21-2023, 02:28 PM
"The past" is under two months ago.

8Ball
01-21-2023, 02:45 PM

He may deserve it but the owner holds grudges.

Kyrie will get a max deal, but Brooklyn might not offer him the years.

Manny98
01-21-2023, 02:51 PM
"The past" is under two months ago.

All will be forgotten when we win

Xiao Yao You
01-21-2023, 06:21 PM
I hope the Nets are stupid enough. I know Ainge won't be signing the checks anyway! :lol

NBAGOAT
01-21-2023, 06:56 PM
Like others said he’s getting Max just we’ll see how many years. I can see him getting 3-4.

Manny98
01-21-2023, 10:25 PM
I hope the Nets are stupid enough. I know Ainge won't be signing the checks anyway! :lol
Not as stupid as the timberwolves giving up 5 1sts + Vanderbilt & Beasley for a player that can't even make them a playoff team :oldlol:

Xiao Yao You
01-21-2023, 10:30 PM
Not as stupid as the timberwolves giving up 5 1sts + Vanderbilt & Beasley for a player that can't even make them a playoff team :oldlol:

1/2 game out of 6th :facepalm