PDA

View Full Version : KNOW1EDGE, an American, thinks you can film any person in public for anything, cause

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 08:16 AM
1st amendment...

https://i.gyazo.com/5a45137aa151a387674da2e0fbadd7ba.png

:oldlol:

How can you be this dumb?

Let him have it, boys.

warriorfan
01-21-2023, 08:53 AM
I think it’s legal in some states but not others. It’s the same as it’s illegal in california to record a phone call with someone without them knowing and consenting to it. Both parties need to know and be okay with it happening. Other states don’t have this and you can record phone calls or videos of people in public without their consent. This doesn’t apply to police though. You are able to record them in public without them agreeing.

A good question would be how this changes if someone is committing a crime. The person committing the crime would obviously not consent, but does it matter?

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 09:38 AM
I think it’s legal in some states but not others. It’s the same as it’s illegal in california to record a phone call with someone without them knowing and consenting to it. Both parties need to know and be okay with it happening. Other states don’t have this and you can record phone calls or videos of people in public without their consent. This doesn’t apply to police though. You are able to record them in public without them agreeing.

A good question would be how this changes if someone is committing a crime. The person committing the crime would obviously not consent, but does it matter?

KNO1EDGE and bison surey know better than the YouTubers whos life and career revoves around public content making...

:lol

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 09:38 AM
he unironically said freedom of press..

i cant.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 09:43 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/40e4a05e1933726128dc2253d0445750.png

lets add more to the pile

diamenz
01-21-2023, 10:49 AM
i was always of the understanding that you can film anything and anybody in public... within reason. if you're obsessively filming a particular person or following them, then it crosses the line into harassment.

so you'd be in trouble for harassment in that case - not the filming itself.

so my point being, as long as a person is in a public place they can't say shit about you filming them unless you're on some creep shit.

obviously a place of expected privacy such as someone's home or backyard would probably be illegal. then again... if you're doing it from the street and a person's blinds are open... i dunno.

warriorfan
01-21-2023, 11:29 AM
i was always of the understanding that you can film anything and anybody in public... within reason. if you're obsessively filming a particular person or following them, then it crosses the line into harassment.

so you'd be in trouble for harassment in that case - not the filming itself.

so my point being, as long as a person is in a public place they can't say shit about you filming them unless you're on some creep shit.

obviously a place of expected privacy such as someone's home or backyard would probably be illegal. then again... if you're doing it from the street and a person's blinds are open... i dunno.

there are different circumstances for “hidden recording” but supposedly even if you are recording in plain sight you need both parties consent in california at least, unless you are recording the police then they can’t dispute anything.

Patrick Chewing
01-21-2023, 11:46 AM
Hey NoKnowledge, come and try and record me. I will bury that camera further than any dildo you've had shoved in you.

Overdrive
01-21-2023, 02:52 PM
1st amendment...

Let him have it, boys.

I read that thread but didn't want to chime in as it was going back and forth.

The US in some states has way less strict laws regarding public filmings and images. "Persönlichkeitsrechte" and the "Recht am eigenen Bild" as you know it don't exist the way they do in Germany.

Nonetheless it has nothing to do with the first amendment or free press.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 03:18 PM
I read that thread but didn't want to chime in as it was going back and forth.

The US in some states has way less strict laws regarding public filmings and images. "Persönlichkeitsrechte" and the "Recht am eigenen Bild" as you know it don't exist the way they do in Germany.

Nonetheless it has nothing to do with the first amendment or free press.

It absolutely doesnt.

Guy is hilarious.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 03:21 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/27ba3da42708ce4175ccae56ca354234.png

https://i.gyazo.com/cc7e0ec897ad31bf52f61e51891880d9.png

tbf GrayGoat had a coupve drinks

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 03:22 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/6ba96e7da0aca55c12e11838bc7481ca.jpg

if only the Eric Andre show knew about the first amendment, man....

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 03:23 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/3b8c5a65a9fba0112c45f492c2d751e3.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHctF2uTPxg

doesnt the Eric Andre show know about freedom of press?! :oldlol:

KNOW1EDGE
01-21-2023, 03:25 PM
The first amendment gives freedom of the press which allows you to film in any public space without permission.

There is no expectation of privacy in public.

If you are this stupid, and then stupid enough to double down and make a post about it before doing any research, I really do worry about the youth of today.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=22TGMbSkT5s

I literally have children in the comment section who don’t know anything about anything trying to tell me I can’t film in public. It’s bizarre

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 03:26 PM

He keeps going!!

Freedom of press, man....

does the Eric Andre show not know freedom of press and the 1st amendment?

you cant be this ****ing dumb dude.

You cant.

KNOW1EDGE
01-21-2023, 03:30 PM
Pick a link and educate yourself young padwons:

http://https://www.videomaker.com/article/15619-recording-in-public-places-and-your-first-amendment-rights/

http://https://lifehacker.com/know-your-rights-photography-in-public-5912250

http://https://longislandaudit.com/

KNOW1EDGE
01-21-2023, 03:34 PM
Arb I’m not gonna make fun of you anymore. To be fair, tons of people, police included, aren’t aware the 1st amendment grants the right to film in public.

If you are genuinely interested in finding out the truth you could google it, or search Sean Paul Reyes and he will prove/explain everything to you.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 03:36 PM
not kidding, not a single link of those work for me.

but ay man,

why are these youtubers whos career/profession is public filmmaking, concerned with telling ppl theyre filming, and in case they dont want it, they always blur their faces?

How come the first amendment slipped by them?

Use your peanut brain.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 03:37 PM
i will say this, all of those websites smell like some sketchy life hack bs.. one literally is named lifehacker

KNOW1EDGE
01-21-2023, 03:43 PM
Arb- I want to do this respectfully, because again, many people are unaware the 1st amendment grants the right to film in public, the police often try to enforce it and end up paying out lawsuits. (Again, google Sean Paul Reyes)

Google: 1st amendment Audit

Google: 1st amendment freedom of press record in public

The first amendment protects the freedom of press, which means recording and photographing. Which means in any public space or building, the constitution of the United States gives you permission to record and take photos. You can go into USPS and record. You can go into DMV and record.

I know your brain won’t allow you to even fathom being wrong, and I know you won’t do even a 30 second google search, but the constitution remains valid none the less.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 03:45 PM
this is what i got upon googling the second..

The case of Fields v. City of Philadelphia stated that the First Amendment provides the public a "right to record — photograph, film, or audio record — police officers conducting official police activity in public areas."

youre trying to fail as hard as possibe bru?

do you actuay think you know more about pubic fiming rights than pp that make their iving that way or a TV show?

come off it

KNOW1EDGE
01-21-2023, 03:46 PM
My bad- I just realized Arb lives in Germany. This all makes more sense now. Proceed as you were little buddy…

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 03:47 PM
Never seen someone this confidently wrong

KNOW1EDGE
01-21-2023, 04:05 PM
We live in different countries my friend. In the United States of America:

“Take the case of Simon Glik who was arrested in 2007 by Boston police for recording the arrest of another citizen. Glik was charged, among other violations, with violating the state’s eavesdropping law which prohibited the surreptitious recording of oral conversations. Those charges were dropped and he commenced a federal civil rights lawsuit against the officers and the police department. After a widely heralded decision by the U.S. Court of Appeal for the First Circuit, upholding “the fundamental and virtually self-evident nature of the First Amendment’s protections” of the “right to film government officials or matters of public interest in public space,” the case was recently settled with the City of Boston paying Glik $170,000.“

In America, we can film whatever in we want in public spaces thanks to the 1st amendment. If it’s in public, and I’m a member of the public, and I’m interested in it, I can record it. You aren’t familiar with the US constitution, heck, many Americans aren’t, but reality remains. I’m happy to help get the word out.

baudkarma
01-21-2023, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure it's the 1st amendment that's involved, but there absolutely is no guarantee of privacy when an individual is in a public space.

At a Lakers game, the camera zooms in on a face-painted fan. Do they need that fans permission?

You go to your local grocery store. They have surveillance cameras everywhere. Do they need your permission?

You're walking your dog in the park. Across the street from the park is a gas station, and their cameras film you and your dog because of the way they're aligned. Do they need your permission?

A photographer snaps a picture of of some Hollywood starlet in a coked-up daze at a club. The picture gets published on TMZ. Did they get permission?

The answer in all this situations is "no", because they didn't need to.

KNOW1EDGE
01-21-2023, 04:18 PM
Arb has never watched a YouTube video before.

OR

He thinks the camera man walks up to the dude who just got beat up and asks him for permission to record him and has him sign.

It’s the 1st amendment, I know it’s convoluted, but it’s what grants us the right to record anything in public we deem of interest to the public.

MrFonzworth
01-21-2023, 04:54 PM
Knowledge is right you don't need someone's permission to film them in a public place

Overdrive
01-21-2023, 06:32 PM
Arb I’m not gonna make fun of you anymore. To be fair, tons of people, police included, aren’t aware the 1st amendment grants the right to film in public.

If you are genuinely interested in finding out the truth you could google it, or search Sean Paul Reyes and he will prove/explain everything to you.

Knowledge is right you don't need someone's permission to film them in a public place

There's a difference between being allowed to film or to publish.

KNOW1EDGE
01-21-2023, 06:37 PM
There's a difference between being allowed to film or to publish.

You are correct, there is a difference between filming and publishing- both are protected under the 1st amendment. It’s called the freedom of press. Did you think we are only allowed to record and interview but not share the footage? -how would news work?

Everyone is “the press” you don’t need a badge or certificate or permission to film in public.

baudkarma
01-21-2023, 06:52 PM
Only in special circumstances. Quote from the Wikipedia entry for "Model Release":

"No release is required for publication, as news, of a photo taken of an identifiable person when the person is in a public place. In general, no release is required for publication of a photo taken of an identifiable person when the person is in a public space unless the use is for trade or direct commercial use, which is defined as promoting a product, service, or idea.[1] Publication of a photo of an identifiable person, even if taken when the person is in a public place, that implies endorsement, without a model release signed by that person, can result in civil liability for whoever publishes the photograph.[2]"

Overdrive
01-21-2023, 07:10 PM
You are correct, there is a difference between filming and publishing- both are protected under the 1st amendment. It’s called the freedom of press. Did you think we are only allowed to record and interview but not share the footage? -how would news work?

Everyone is “the press” you don’t need a badge or certificate or permission to film in public.

You know you're not allowed to publish anyone's liking without consent here unless you're at an event where it's expected that pictures will be published. Press still works just as good as in the US.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 07:43 PM
I'm not sure it's the 1st amendment that's involved, but there absolutely is no guarantee of privacy when an individual is in a public space.

At a Lakers game, the camera zooms in on a face-painted fan. Do they need that fans permission?

You go to your local grocery store. They have surveillance cameras everywhere. Do they need your permission?

You're walking your dog in the park. Across the street from the park is a gas station, and their cameras film you and your dog because of the way they're aligned. Do they need your permission?

A photographer snaps a picture of of some Hollywood starlet in a coked-up daze at a club. The picture gets published on TMZ. Did they get permission?

The answer in all this situations is "no", because they didn't need to.

Its alarming how retarded all of you are.

GrayGoat‘s argument „police films you without permission see??“

baudkarma‘s argument „when you attend a sporting event they show you on the jumbotron see??“

Jfc. You guys genuinely have double digit IQ‘s.

KNOW1EDGE
01-21-2023, 07:48 PM
You know you're not allowed to publish anyone's liking without consent here unless you're at an event where it's expected that pictures will be published. Press still works just as good as in the US.

You are incorrect.

If I am standing on a public side walk I can record anything and anyone in view and post it on the internet. I do not need your permission to film or publish the film. There is no expectation of privacy in public.

baudkarma
01-21-2023, 08:26 PM
Its alarming how retarded all of you are.

GrayGoat‘s argument „police films you without permission see??“

baudkarma‘s argument „when you attend a sporting event they show you on the jumbotron see??“

Jfc. You guys genuinely have double digit IQ‘s.

It's alarming that you won't/can't admit that you were wrong.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 09:03 PM
It's alarming that you won't/can't admit that you were wrong.

man they show ppl at the jumbotron, cleary you can film ppl in public?!?!

and the security cameras from private companies??!?

and celebrities?!?

:roll:

Genuiney you are retarded. Not even joking.

Any 10 year old would be able to comprehend the legal difference in these instances

baudkarma
01-21-2023, 09:05 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHctF2uTPxg

doesnt the Eric Andre show know about freedom of press?! :oldlol:

Sure they do. They also know how to make a staged, scripted show look like it's real and unrehearsed. Obscure the actors faces, and of course it must be totally legit, at least the a large segment of the audience.

baudkarma
01-21-2023, 09:10 PM
man they show ppl at the jumbotron, cleary you can film ppl in public?!?!

and the security cameras from private companies??!?

and celebrities?!?

:roll:

Genuiney you are retarded. Not even joking.

Any 10 year old would be able to comprehend the legal difference in these instances

I guess I'm just 9 years old. Maybe you could explain the legal differences to me? With source, please, because otherwise I'll just think you're just making things up.

ArbitraryWater
01-21-2023, 09:15 PM
I guess I'm just 9 years old. Maybe you could explain the legal differences to me? With source, please, because otherwise I'll just think you're just making things up.

bruh, its a private ****ing estabishment.

its iteray their own place.

they own it.

of course they can ****ing fim inside of it (or just outside for security measures) at any time.

jfc

as for as celebrities, they "figures of life" (how its called in germany), so they operate under different rules. im assuming there is simiar law in america.

im not gonna look up sources for these, cause its painfully obvious. especially the company stuff.

AlternativeAcc.
01-21-2023, 09:24 PM
You cant do it for any purpose and the laws are slightly different for each state.

But what George did was perfectly legal. The kid was in public after an accident, and any photo can be deemed appropriate for legal purposes

Photos of suspects are uploaded legally all the time.

KNOW1EDGE
01-21-2023, 09:45 PM
If Arb is trolling this may be one of his best days ever.

If he’s being serious, it’s the lowest of the low.

j3lademaster
01-22-2023, 12:01 AM

If he’s being serious, it’s the lowest of the low.a successful troll gets everyone riled up for their amusement, not come off as a complete dumbass.

Overdrive
01-22-2023, 03:46 AM
You are incorrect.

If I am standing on a public side walk I can record anything and anyone in view and post it on the internet. I do not need your permission to film or publish the film. There is no expectation of privacy in public.

Can't you read? Here vs US. I'm obviously not in the US. You can't publish a dieect image of a person over here without consent. That's why AW keeps arguing.

ArbitraryWater
01-22-2023, 06:43 PM

If he’s being serious, it’s the lowest of the low.

Literally everyone is laughing at you.

„freedom of press“ lol

None of the shit you said that would explain it made sense.

bison
01-23-2023, 01:49 AM
Remember this all started because Arb saw a post of PG posting a picture of a kid who hit and run on him and stupidly asked if that was legal. Everyone laughed at how stupid that question was because it’s obviously legal. But if you wanna keep replying to arb while he shifts goal posts and thinks he’s arguing about 1st amendment or insists he was trolling the whole time, well that’s your time wasted not mine.

But just remember, if you see arb strolling down streets of America, don’t take a phone pic of him cause he might call the police on you :oldlol:

┌∩┐(﹒︠益﹒︡)┌∩┐
01-23-2023, 01:51 AM
Literally everyone is laughing at you.

„freedom of press“ lol

None of the shit you said that would explain it made sense.

Huh? He comes across as logical and its clear you don't have any grasp of what your talking about

ArbitraryWater
01-23-2023, 09:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK6G--HIPp0

Is there anything more annoying than when the Eric Andre show doesnt know the first amendment or freedom of press?

tontoz
01-23-2023, 09:57 PM
Yeah people butcher the first amendment a lot. The freedom is from govt control. Simply put the govt can't do anything to you if they don't like what you say.

The constitution was written a loooong time before YouTube :oldlol:

Might as well say the 2nd amendment prohibits discrimination based on race.

Nanners
01-28-2023, 10:55 AM
1st amendment...

Let him have it, boys.

LOL... know1edge was being too generous calling you a half-wit, based on your comments in this thread youre a quarter-wit at best

What shit hole country do you live in that prohibits recording people out in public? North Korea?

ArbitraryWater
01-29-2023, 03:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9H7LkFCkSw

i aways cringe when i see the eric andre show obivious of the first amendment

Chick Stern
01-29-2023, 10:47 PM
OP is mighty moronic. There is zero expectation of privacy in public, and no state statue can trump federal.