PDA

View Full Version : Has there ever been a player that shoots with both hands?

Im Still Ballin
01-21-2023, 11:44 AM
Not finishing or post moves, but jump shooting. I've heard maybe Larry Bird.

Patrick Chewing
01-21-2023, 11:47 AM
Like ambidextrous? Bird and Pistol Pete come to mind. Or actually shot it with both hands on the ball? I remember Bill Cartwright shooting with both hands on the ball. Awkward as hell.

Kblaze8855
01-21-2023, 11:50 AM
I’d imagine Lebron can since he’s actually left handed like Larry Bird was. Kobe worked on it too.

If you mean two handed release….a few. Joakim Noah looked like it.

Im Still Ballin
01-21-2023, 12:15 PM
In theory, it seems like it would be ideal if you shoot with the hand that matches your movement. Go left, shoot left; go right, shoot right. The release would be smoother and also quicker.

In reality, there aren't that many ambidextrous individuals; and it's probably a misuse of training time/resources.

Gohan
01-21-2023, 12:40 PM
I can actually shoot with both hands. I use to use my left from 3 point range and my right for freethrow and closer. Not a sharpshooter like curry or anything but i was like the highschool version of marbury

FultzNationRISE
01-21-2023, 12:57 PM
Lebron courageously shot free throws with his left hand after suffering a devastating injury in a conference finals in 2010.

That GOAT mfer :cry: :applause:

PeroAntic
01-21-2023, 03:25 PM
Ben Simmons (when he shoots lol)

Xiao Yao You
01-21-2023, 06:23 PM
Conley is better with the right on his floater. It's how he won the Horse competition. Bird would shoot with his left sometimes

mr4speed
01-22-2023, 05:44 PM
I can actually shoot with both hands. I use to use my left from 3 point range and my right for freethrow and closer. Not a sharpshooter like curry or anything but i was like the highschool version of marbury
I used to practice freethrows after games to get better and in case I got a finger jammed. My best was 47 of 50 left handed ( I am a lefty) and 41 of 50 righty. The FT helped me concentrate on form because it is close to the basket.

j3lademaster
01-22-2023, 05:54 PM
No one ever took jumpshots with their offhands on the regular. Kobe is the closest I can think of who actually took tough shots with his offhand, like this turnaround:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/9-30-2015/_iqrjM.gif (/gif/kobe-bryant-knocks-down-left-handed-turnaround-jumper-_iqrjM)

I remember him hitting an insane lefthanded 3 against Dallas(I just remember Cuban throwing his hands up like "what do you do?") but it's taking me longer than I had hoped to find, so believe/ don't believe me or look it up yourself.

j3lademaster
01-22-2023, 06:02 PM
Not finishing or post moves, but jump shooting. I've heard maybe Larry Bird.That myth came from his infamous left-handed game, where he still look jumpers with his right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R76nMD8buR8&t=101s

I'm not trying to take anything away from Bird, he's obviously a top 10 alltimer. Just facts.

I’d imagine Lebron can since he’s actually left handed like Larry Bird was. Kobe worked on it too.

If you mean two handed release….a few. Joakim Noah looked like it.

Lebron definitely can't. And here's Kyrie(who's one of the most skilled scorers of all time) trying to shoot a jumpshot lefthanded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttazxzv_L08

Imagine how ugly that shit is in a real game situation.