PDA

View Full Version : Todays serving of hate provided by Austin Rivers.

Kblaze8855
01-22-2023, 06:50 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2301230419470352.jpeg

j3lademaster
01-22-2023, 06:52 PM
in Austin's defense, these triathlete cardio having, screen running guys are the most frustrating to guard.

ShawkFactory
01-22-2023, 06:54 PM
If he was better he'd get every call too. It's crazy that he's this upset over something understandably just being the way it is.

tontoz
01-22-2023, 07:00 PM
He mad :oldlol:

Cheap calls are a staple in today's game. Steph doesn't live at the line like some guys.

Kblaze8855
01-22-2023, 07:05 PM
Well what he’s alleging wouldn’t result in free throws it would result in him being guarded in such a way that ensures he can get open easily. Which he is. But Austin’s issue is acting like that isn’t the whole nba once they pushed freedom of movement. Not like you can hold anyone else either.

tontoz
01-22-2023, 07:11 PM
His direct quote is " you can't touch him, they give him every call".

If they gave him every call I think he would get more than 5 free throws per game.

Screens are a different issue, and are pretty common around the league.

Kblaze8855
01-22-2023, 07:14 PM
I assume he means off the ball. Which doesn’t generate free throws once they learn to just let him run free. Which most of the league learned about all off ball players.

He’s complaining about illegal screens and not being able to touch him and the refs wanting him to get open and shoot. I think it’s clear he means off ball.

highwhey
01-22-2023, 07:21 PM
he's not wrong about the illegal screens. whole golden state offense revolves around illegal screens that create good looks. steph is the main benefactor of those. but i think he's wrong about steph getting any call he wants.

tontoz
01-22-2023, 07:23 PM
You can still go to the line on off ball fouls. Every foul after the 4th foul in a quarter is a shooting foul, and the average team commits over 20 fouls a game.

Impeding an offensive players movement is a foul in general. My biggest gripe about today's game is how many cheap fouls are called.

AlternativeAcc.
01-22-2023, 07:25 PM
tontoz fuming.

Rivers owning Curry

Kblaze8855
01-22-2023, 07:29 PM
You can still go to the line on off ball fouls. Every foul after the 4th foul in a quarter is a shooting foul, and the average team commits over 20 fouls a game.

Impeding an offensive players movement is a foul in general. My biggest gripe about today's game is how many cheap fouls are called.

When they first changed it the first few preseason games some guys had 4 fouls early just trying to play usual off ball defense. They learned to just stop and chase guys. Nobody gets many fouls off the ball anymore because they learned to stop playing traditional defense. If you try…you get a foul. It sounds like that and the illegal screens are his issue. And it’s true.

The problem is singling out Curry for the whole league just because he’s the most prominent example and plays and cuts off ball more than most.

tontoz
01-22-2023, 07:35 PM
Other players can run around off the ball but they don't because it is hard. Steph has to do a lot of training to be able to do it. His workouts are ridiculous.

Guys who have worked out with him can't keep up. Ant man talked about his predraft workout with the warriors. They put him through some of Steph's drills and he couldn't believe how hard they were.

The pick and roll is probably the most popular play in the game but the warriors don't run as many as most teams. Plenty of illegal pick on pick and rolls too.

Kblaze8855
01-22-2023, 07:41 PM
I think they said Ant actually threw up trying to finish the Steph workout.

Spurs m8
01-22-2023, 07:50 PM
I mean, this was a huge problem is the Bogut days...I'm sure donkey is doing it too

He probably isn't wrong

j3lademaster
01-22-2023, 07:55 PM
I mean, this was a huge problem is the Bogut days...I'm sure donkey is doing it too

He probably isn't wronghttps://fadeawayworld.net/nba-media/andrew-bogut-admits-he-got-away-with-fouling-on-screens-during-his-time-with-the-golden-state-warriors-i-could-literally-clothesline-someone-off-the-next-pindown-and-not-have-it-called

One thing that was crazy about that run was the shit that I used to get away with screening, man it was all time. I knew if I was in Milwaukee and I set that I'd foul out in the first quarter, but playing in Golden State, when they started to become that underdog team that was building up, I knew once Steph or Klay got hot, the refs would be in the moment as well.

I could literally clothesline someone off the next pindown, I know Klay just hit 3 in a row, the crowd's on their feet as he's getting his 4th and I could punch somebody in the face on a screen, knock em out and they wouldn't call it. Klay would get his 4th 3, and even the refs would go 'Wow' (and ignore it), it was crazy.

Kblaze8855
01-22-2023, 08:37 PM
The end of the above quote:

Then I get traded to Dallas to set those same screens and I’d get 3 fouls in the first quarter, It was just crazy with the stuff I used to get away with there.”